We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nimrodel Tower of Orthanc raid progression discussion

We were talking some the other night about how other kins on the server are doing with the new raid. I personally am enjoying that T2 so far has been more challenging than T2 in OD was to complete, and challenge mode on most of the T2 wings right now seems to be pretty far off (other than Lightning).

We have been working each week on trying to take down Frost+Fire T2 on Fridays, and then clearing the rest of the tower on Tier 1, including Saruman to try to get more broken clasps (rare drop). We have pretty much mastered the T2 trash in Frost+Fire, but haven't gotten the bosses down yet. That bubble at 30-60kish keeps doing us in just long enough for grims to get to us.

Has anyone been working on Tier 2 or even beaten any wings T2 on this server? For those working on T2 wings, which ones are you doing and how is that going? (not talking about any phase 3 Saruman kills before they fixed that obviously)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b31e0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Nimrodel Tower of Orthanc raid progression discussion

So far my kin has been trying to do Lightning T2, as from what we've heard while trash in Fire+Frost t2 is easier the boss isn't as much, and that Acid/shadow are just insane. We have been making some progress, but still some roadblocks. Considering the size of our server and the amount we've lost since RoI and U5, I would say it'd be best if everyone on the server tries to help everyone to start downing stuff in Orthanc on t2. So say if you have tips, don't be afraid to share them, or if you don't have a kin run, help out someone else if they're advertising.

Overall Nimrodel just needs to work together amongst the kins, not apart.

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Well spoken,

Eodred, when y'all get T2 Lightning and we get T2 Fire and Ice, we should hook up on strats.

Note: Light armoured folks can be at the tactical mit cap and still go squish really quickly but every single bit counts.
    Bigslick

Yeah! I won't put anything we're not sure of in that.

We haven't tried Acid. F&F, we got to the boss as well. Lightning, still at pull 3, but haven't tried again for 2-3 weeks now.
    Last edited by Sealcow333; Mar 05 2012 at 07:37 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

my crew on Thursday has been working on lightning T2. We have only gotten as far as the third trash pull. Gotta have nice CC which we currently struggle with. Im for getting a good grp of players together that obvisously show interest in completing these things. With that said I can offer a Hunter between thursday and SAt. I only want to help those who truly do resaerch and know the mechanics of the fight TBH and geared well of coarse. We have a few in my crew tht only show up for raid times expecting and thinking they are the best when really they arnt so much.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000108d4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

To be honest I think Leaders of kins should get together and see what we can do? Not my call. just a suggestion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000108d4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ya, quite possibly there could be like some kind of pug like group taken from a few key people in different kins to try things out.

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Quote Originally Posted by thulphant View Post
    my crew on Thursday has been working on lightning T2. We have only gotten as far as the third trash pull. Gotta have nice CC which we currently struggle with. Im for getting a good grp of players together that obvisously show interest in completing these things. With that said I can offer a Hunter between thursday and SAt. I only want to help those who truly do resaerch and know the mechanics of the fight TBH and geared well of coarse. We have a few in my crew tht only show up for raid times expecting and thinking they are the best when really they arnt so much.
    One thing about the lightning third pull, many kins on other servers that are getting past that pull are doing it with mechanics that will be changing soon. The adaptation on those taskmasters are broken if they get mez'd but do not go into combat. The developers have said that will be changed in update 6, so many of the groups on other servers that have been clearing Lightning T2 (many, but not all) will have to relearn this pull as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b31e0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thulphant View Post
    We have a few in my crew tht only show up for raid times expecting and thinking they are the best when really they arnt so much.
    Gotta love brutal honesty.
    Bigslick

i agree with all of the above, kin leaders and raid leaders need to get together and talk strats aswell as take part in each others raids to help progress as a server
    Freeps :LVL 95 Travorn R11 Hunter, Tragan R5 Guard, Moghra R6 Mini, Battman R6 Burg, Zathelionn R6 Cappy, Travii R5 Warden - Horizon

Creeps : Clintwestwood R9 BA, Tuggerbask R8 Warg, Wargasm R6 WL- The AAC/ Table Smashers

Im willing to help out in all of this too, I have my tank and burg running tower wings and saruman weekly so I could give my points of view for them. And I also dont mind joining anyone's raids for this as I have ran with RT, Wizards fire, we got this, spartans, free the dangler etc. My tank is my most experienced in the tower however I do enjoy the break by playing my burg in it.
    Goatski - Dwarf - Lvl 100 Tank, Minnieme - Hobbit Burg Lvl 100, Goatster - Elven RK Lvl 100,
    Minigoat - Hobbit minstrel lvl 52, Yamomma - Man Champion lvl 25, Curlyz - Man LM lvl 22

Our kin isn't big enough to be having kin runs, and many of those that are level 75 like me don't seem interested in the end game content that much. Several haven't even done draigoch yet.... So if you all are running I am someone who is always willing to fill in where i can. Have a champ and RK, leveling a guard, mini, and cappy.

So if you see me on, don't be afraid to send me a tell. They are all named the same, and I think i am fairly competent on the two 75's that I have. Oh, and I follow directions too!

if your kin is actively running ToO T2 send me in game mail so i can begin to work out a plan to move the server along in the raid.
    trav
    Freeps :LVL 95 Travorn R11 Hunter, Tragan R5 Guard, Moghra R6 Mini, Battman R6 Burg, Zathelionn R6 Cappy, Travii R5 Warden - Horizon

Creeps : Clintwestwood R9 BA, Tuggerbask R8 Warg, Wargasm R6 WL- The AAC/ Table Smashers

Dark Legacy on the verge of Fire and Ice T2.

Downed the 1st giant and working our way thru the transition to the 2nd.
    Bigslick

Updated >.> Yeah, we've killed 1 giant too but the rage was too high/corruption punt doing people crossing my grims/slam destroying everything.
    Last edited by Sealcow333; Feb 27 2012 at 08:17 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

Got lightning t2 CM done with a medely of players from different kins last night, was quite fun. Tried our hand at fire and frost but we kept having too many people die and the rage building up to quickly so we never got past killing 1 giant.
    Last edited by Glorfindel08; Feb 29 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d4df3/01006/signature.png]Telcanor[/charsig]

A thought just ocurred to me for the giants strat. We were having a problem with the punts causing more grims to spawn so perhaps positioning the giants so they are facing at a right angle away from each other so even if people get punted the giant (right giant) is facing into the corner (far right corner) so wont see anyone in front of him anyhow. The healers can position themselves inbetween the two giants at a direct line and heal both then while the cappy/warden kites grims near the door.

Not sure what others have been doing, but just my two cents.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d4df3/01006/signature.png]Telcanor[/charsig]

Congrats on beating Lightning wing! I believe that is the first T2 victory on the server.

Was better ask "The Round Table kinship done Lighting t2 CM with some friends" :P
    Ukitake! Off peak! [url]http://offpeak.webs.com/[/url]

Good job RT on getting that together. I enjoyed my time with what ill call the 3-3-3 plan. Anyways You guys should put something like last night together again... Call it RT and many Friends if u like.

It was an awesome run by all. I'll get around to getting a strat guide for the boss for Nimrodel to use(not sure how soon i'll have it ready though). Other wise we just need to keep doing what we did last night by mixing players from different kins to get a solid group of raiders that are capable of doing t2 so we can get a strat that works and bring it back to our kins to run.

just my 2 cents.

Getcha a list of the people you want on this forum and see if they will commit for you. Right now if you want anyone from wisdom it will have to be a day that is not on Thursday. For now all the other days are fine

Didn't know this thread existed, but once discovered, felt compelled to attach a screenie of the raid team with class makeup and kinships being represented.

Travorn (Hunter & Raid Leader), The Round Table
    Motimotev (Cappy), The Round Table
    Nulerien (LM), Namaste
    Geirbruch (Guard), The Round Table
    Gardorian (Cappy), Wisdom
    Dagedaran (RK), The Round Table

Fenrira (Mini), Black Sheep
    Wilardlightfeet (Burg), Namaste
    Eodread (Cappy), The Round Table
    Telniqua (Burg), Wisdom
    Daefaroth (hunter), The Round Table
    Ukitaki (RK), The Round Table

Keep the collaboration going and open discussion on strats. Just a matter of time before other T2's start to fall.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000e601e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm super cereal offended that Dage didn't include me as part of Round Table. I just happened to leave a toon in Black Sheep as a tribute to a friend who chose to leave Nimrodel..

Speaking of Nimrodel, OMGZ WE DOWNED SOMETHING ON T2??? The world just broke.

I'm gonna go help Trav work on that boss strat now.
    Hunter**Lore-Master**Minstrel
    Hard Mode doesn't just have to be Turbine's invention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagedaran View Post
    Didn't know this thread existed, but once discovered, felt compelled to attach a screenie of the raid team with class makeup and kinships being represented.

Travorn (Hunter & Raid Leader), The Round Table
    Motimotev (Cappy), The Round Table
    Nulerien (LM), Namaste
    Geirbruch (Guard), The Round Table
    Gardorian (Cappy), Wisdom
    Dagedaran (RK), The Round Table

Fenrira (Mini), Black Sheep
    Wilardlightfeet (Burg), Namaste
    Eodread (Cappy), The Round Table
    Telniqua (Burg), Wisdom
    Daefaroth (hunter), The Round Table
    Ukitaki (RK), The Round Table

Keep the collaboration going and open discussion on strats. Just a matter of time before other T2's start to fall.
    Congrats to all involved well done had to been a tough battle and well planned out
    Goatski - Dwarf - Lvl 100 Tank, Minnieme - Hobbit Burg Lvl 100, Goatster - Elven RK Lvl 100,
    Minigoat - Hobbit minstrel lvl 52, Yamomma - Man Champion lvl 25, Curlyz - Man LM lvl 22

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast