We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Update 6 Warg Changes!!!!!!! (finally!)

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA this actually might give me the willpower to play my warg once again!
    Freeps beware o.O
    (found in general pvmp by orion)

Warg Update 6

The first thing that you need to know is that these changes are a collaboration of myself and another designer, jinjaah. You have yet to meet him, but will soon since he is handling the complete dev diary on the Warg. Go easy, he's new to all of you and you can be a little rabid from time to time. The second thing that you need to know is that this is still in flux and could change considerable before release. The third thing that you need to know is that there were goals with this update and they are as follows:

•Improve upon and highlight the strengths of the Stealth Warg
    •Provide Wargs with a secondary method of playing the class that gave them more survivability though a little less damage
    •Highlight that wargs are pack hunters

Stances

We are taking the warg and giving them two stances; Shadow and Flayer. These are to accentuate the different ways of playing the warg while keeping the flavor wholly intact.

General information of the stances is that there will be no stance dancing. This is going to be a hard-line call on this one. If you switch out of one stance, you will be delayed from entering the other stance, the benefits and merits of the two stances, while complimentary, coupled with the linear design of monster players would make the ability to quickly switch between the two simply overpowered. We're not backing down on this one. It is set in stone. Second, the stances will modify existing skills - sometimes wholly overwriting them while other times leaving them intact. All of this is covered herein.

Shadow Stance

This is the stealth stance. It increases damage, power regeneration in-combat and is the primary driver for stealth skills.

Flayer Stance

This stance replaces Shadow Howler (OMG ORION YOU KNOW NOTHING! WE NEED THAT TO SURVIVE! - Players Yes, yes, you do. - Orion) In fact, this stance is all about surviving so it makes sense that we usurped this skill. You cannot stealth in Flayer. Increases your Armour, tactical and physical mitigations. Adds a small morale bubble on the warg that attempts to refresh every 7 seconds. If the bubble is still present this results in healing the warg for 5% of its max health. If the bubble is not present, the bubble is re-applied. When the bubble breaks the warg is healed for 1% of their max health. Grants access to Brute and brute bonuses.

Skill Changes

Brute

When you are in Flayer stance you lose access to Stealth but gain access to Brute. Brute is a short term buff that enhances your chances to score Brute bonuses when using skills enhanced with Brute. Brute bonuses have a small chance to apply. This skill increases that chance considerably.

Topple

When you are in Flayer stance you lose access to Stealth so Disappear is also replaced, becoming Topple. Topple will knock and opponent to the ground for a good chunk of time and shares its cooldown with Disappear.

Muscle Tear

When you ar in Flayer stance Throat Rip becomes Muscle Tear. This skill decreases your target's movement speed and attack duration for a good chunk of time.

Snap

In Flayer or no stance
    Reduces melee, ranged and tactical damage output on the target. On a critical will disarm the target for a short time.

In Shadow this becomes Snap!

On critical, the target becomes silenced for a short time.

Claws

No change to the neutral or non-stance.

Flayer

Raking Claws: Equivalent damage to claws with a DoT equal to about half of the initial damage. This effect can stack up to three times. Brute bonus: Places a wound on the target that will interrupt inductions every few seconds for the duration of the effect.

Shadow

Bestial Claws: Increases damage done by the claws initially and applies a DoT on the target that can stack up to three times. Bonus damage is applied when you are behind the target and the power cost of the ability is increased.

Maul

Flayer

Agonizing Maul: Increased damage, increased bleed damage. Brute bonus: Reduces incoming healing on the target.

Shadow

Sudden Maul: Bonus damage from behind and on a critical increases attack speed.

Savage Fangs

Flayer

Applies an attack duration debuff on the target, reduces target's parry rating and on Brute reduces armour rating of the target.

Shadow

Increases induction durations, reduces parry rating.

Dire Howl

Flayer

Howl of Aggression: Disarms multiple targets.

Shadow

Silences a greater number of targets.

Eye Rake

Flayer

Eye Gash: Interrupts Inductions. On Brute lowers the target's block, parry and evade ratings.

Shadow

Interrupts Inductions and on critical will reduce the range of all ranged and tactical based skills of the target.

Pack Hunters

In no stance, nothing changes.

Flayer

Pack Flayers: Locks the warg and his target in place removing the ability to block, parry or evade. The warg cannot use other skills during this effect and cannot be interrupted or cc'd.

Shadow

Shadow Pack: The warg marks and area of the ground lowering defences of all those within or who enter it. Leaving the area will apply a lesser version of the effect. This can be used from stealth.

Change is on the wind.
    Brandywine:
    | Rank 12 Reaver --- Danceswithswords | Rank 8 Warg --- Danceswithworgs | Rank 10 Warg --- Spectralhound (rip in ban world) | Rank 9 Champion --- Vorenroy (rip in ban world) |
    | Rank 7 Guardian --- Rexxin (the almighty dorf) |

Re: Update 6 Warg Changes!!!!!!! (finally!)

they slayer bubble heal is a bad idea 5% every 7 sec is abit much, even though every time the bubble dies its 1% but you'd need to down 5 bubbles to make up for the 5% healed from one you missed... and we all know wargs like to kite so they'll take full advantage of squeezing heals 5% heals bubbles... i guess it really falls on how big the bubble is but it still is dumb since i think a bubble every 7 sec is more then enough with increases mits since its x amount of damage thats not hitting you every 7 sec.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Notaforumguy007 View Post
    they slayer bubble heal is a bad idea 5% every 7 sec is abit much.
    I have to agree with you there, I wasn't expecting something like THAT. But keep in mind, wargs kite on accordance to their lack of ability to fight toe to toe. With these new bubbles and such, hopefully wargs will be able to fight toe to toe with this enhancement. I doubt the bubble itself with have very much strength, I wouldn't be surprised if it was only 500. Keep in mind that not all wargs may be rockin that stance.
    Brandywine:
    | Rank 12 Reaver --- Danceswithswords | Rank 8 Warg --- Danceswithworgs | Rank 10 Warg --- Spectralhound (rip in ban world) | Rank 9 Champion --- Vorenroy (rip in ban world) |

Omg orion you know everything!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001fb9d9/signature.png]Stalfoe[/charsig]
    Alphf-Minstrel R8 ~Omegat-Reaver R7 ~Betuh-Weaver R7
    Kuhreep-Defiler R6 ~Dienamics-WL R6 ~Deltuh-BA R7 ~Stalfoe R10 Warg

Truthfully, wargs dont need much change other than some mitigation.....while wargs may not do too much damage to heavy classes, they are overpowered against light armor and some medium armor classes. When a warg jumps me on my hunter, even by the time a stun pot works ~1/2 my morale is just gone. LMs have Si and other defenses but are not hard to solo while playing warg. Hunters only have a chance if they are able to pop fleetness and IC and kite while spamming IPS. This gives hunters a chance but I have only seen about 2 hunters who do this. Hunters who dont do this are screwed. When an rk gets jumped, they are also pretty much a lost cause. minis on the other hand can heal and much more but with this new glorifying of warg packs, most classes are at a severe disadvantage. Wargs are not a very difficult class to play seeing as they tell you which skills to hit and when which leaves me with little respects for the class. I am not saying that wargs should not group but giving them special skills while grouped is somewhat op. The 7s bubble is a ridiculous idea also which will make wargs completely OP. These updates will slowly destroy the moors even more as pay2win black arrows have done. Wargs seem to be a very good class in the moors already except they proved more difficult at a low rank. When highly ranked and skilled, I have seen a warg (Farmpaws) tear through a raid of freeps and escape easily after destroying the whole raid. Wargs can be easily solod but are a pain in the moors. I have little quarrel with wargs now but if the updates are enacted, the moors will become less appealing.

Im not trying to QQ about no morale or OPness because it exists everywhere, just not liking the proposed changes.

Thats my 2 cents.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000241529/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Solo wargs are basically free renown to my hunter. This update will make things a bit tougher I'm assuming. Don't really play creepside at all so I'm not fully aware of what types of issues wargs have at the moment. Therefore I can't say if this is an overpowered change or not. Time will tell.

p.s. After the update, please attack me solo wargs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000025d9d4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfinjel View Post
    I have to agree with you there, I wasn't expecting something like THAT. But keep in mind, wargs kite on accordance to their lack of ability to fight toe to toe. With these new bubbles and such, hopefully wargs will be able to fight toe to toe with this enhancement. I doubt the bubble itself with have very much strength, I wouldn't be surprised if it was only 500. Keep in mind that not all wargs may be rockin that stance.
    Yeah I'm guessing it will be around 500 morale, and even if you have 12k morale that 5% heal will be a massive.... 600. One auto attack for some. Almost half an auto-attack for others... >_>

To be honest, as much as I love the warg, I would still prefer them to essentially give us a "blanket" buff to creep's basic stats... that is, all classes, with some general common sense regarding which classes need it more than others.
    Last edited by I_fail_irl; Feb 07 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000bd579/signature.png]Puppyfat[/charsig]
    - R7 Defiler - R7 Reaver - R6 Spider - R6 Blackarrow - R5 Warleader -

Flayer bub/heal isn't the best bit even Orion said it is no where near op in testing. That lockdown pack flayer skill looks nice but warg will either die quick or not be touched, is only situational op so solo melee freeps beware. The best bit about wargs hasn't even been touched on in general pvp forums I can't wait till this goes live. Wargs will be sick and Spider changes otw as well. Any chance Moor Chaos coming back for u6?

Quote Originally Posted by Sambrog View Post
    derp
    It doesn't seem like you have very much experience in the moors.
    From both a freep and creep standpoint (I have both), freeps > creeps enormously.
    But as I heard Daith say earlier today, a warg is op if played right.
    Judging from my freepside experiences as a champion and hunter, I'd rather have a warg attack me 1v1 than any other class.
    I'm not really a QQer, but I'm willing to face facts. A warg dying in 1.3 seconds (timed) is a little silly.
    Brandywine:

I'm not really a QQer, but I'm willing to face facts. A warg dying in 1.3 seconds (timed) is a little silly.
    If its you dying, then its ok IMO.

Any claims as to whether the changes are good or bad, OP or UP, excessive or minor is all based on what the opposite side gets with the level cap increase. Since we have no idea what those changes will be its all speculation. I think the warg changes look pretty good. Not because they seem to be an improvement but because it looks to me like they are giving you alternate play styles to choose from. Gank, tank, spank..ftw.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    If its you dying, then its ok IMO.
    Yes, yes it was me.
    Brandywine:

Ill admit that wargs are free renown but as daith said, a good warg is op.....
    @solushom, wargs are of course free renown with cappy heals and buffs...(as always seen...)

a warg who pops skills will almost always beat many classes, what annoys me is when wargs jump you with sprint on, kite you, they get down to ~3k then hips and stun you again......

@bagnuk freeps > creeps most of the time, pay2win BAs can solo anything that is alone but clieby...... is this fair? pop evade VT then revenge and thats roughly ~4-7k

only time will tell with this update but i will agree that wargs need more mits
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000241529/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

While I do agree that it is difficult to solo a p2w ba, tactical classes are still in good shape against them (if they know what they're doing). Tactical cannot be evaded and from what I know right now, VT cannot be bought on the store currently. It is difficult to kill a p2w ba, but not impossible.
    Brandywine:

Quote Originally Posted by Sambrog View Post
    a warg who pops skills will almost always beat many classes, what annoys me is when wargs jump you with sprint on, kite you, they get down to ~3k then hips and stun you again......
    yeah, no.

Not true currently. Before ROI...? More believable.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000bd579/signature.png]Puppyfat[/charsig]
    - R7 Defiler - R7 Reaver - R6 Spider - R6 Blackarrow - R5 Warleader -

Topple

When you are in Flayer stance you lose access to Stealth so Disappear is also replaced, becoming Topple. Topple will knock and opponent to the ground for a good chunk of time and shares its cooldown with Disappear.
    ...for a good chunk of time.....
    ....for a good chunk of time.....

ಠ_ಠ

..oh those horrible memories of thousands of wargs spamming non potable FM's back in MoM. I don't want to revisit those days.
    [color=orange]Flimlin - Linsdor - Lutar - Togoras - Welki[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Notaforumguy007 View Post
    they slayer bubble heal is a bad idea 5% every 7 sec is abit much, even though every time the bubble dies its 1% but you'd need to down 5 bubbles to make up for the 5% healed from one you missed... and we all know wargs like to kite so they'll take full advantage of squeezing heals 5% heals bubbles... i guess it really falls on how big the bubble is but it still is dumb since i think a bubble every 7 sec is more then enough with increases mits since its x amount of dour amage thats not hitting you every 7 sec.
    kinda noticed your a guard just use stagger no ore kiting ps 5% heal every seconds is one auto attack bye my guard lol...most fights wargs die 15 seconds max the massive freep dps is the real issue 15second fights are god aweful

Quote Originally Posted by uhgoo View Post
    ...for a good chunk of time.....
    ....for a good chunk of time.....

ಠ_ಠ

..oh those horrible memories of thousands of wargs spamming non potable FM's back in MoM. I don't want to revisit those days.
    What I heard out of the test server was 15 seconds. It being like that on the test server doesn't mean on live though. But the fact that they even think 15 seconds is anything like a reasonable amount of time... yeah it's going to be early Mirkwood again where you're stunlocked and dead. Inf nodes instead of fights. yay.

I'm with Sambrog. Wargs didn't need a rehaul. They needed their mits fixed. They're spending a lot of time, money and energy on stuff that isn't broken when there's stuff that is.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2qxlqbl.jpg[/IMG]