We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Grinding TP points

Whats the best way to grind TP fast?
    It seems very slow, I dont understand how people with f2p accounts manage to grind tp for all the expansions

Re: Grinding TP points

Quote Originally Posted by Nathandir View Post
    It seems very slow, I dont understand how people with f2p accounts manage to grind tp for all the expansions
    1) Get a character to level 20.
    2) Go back to The Shire, Ered Luin and Bree... grind out all deeds... slayer and explorer.
    3) Reroll another character and do it again.

I find that getting a character to 30+ and then grinding the lower deeds "feels" faster... but it is a grind no matter what. Maybe grab a friend or five to chat with as you go... it helps!

If you are on Riddermark, look me up... Rathdavien, Rathwulf and other Rath's as needed...

i just managed in the sale to get my first- evendim, very pleased, however im guessing level 33 is pretty slow farm work!!
    i did do the above- get high level then go and 1 shot shire slugs for 10 mins- 10pnts straight off
    also for those wanting mathoms go to the barrow downs- cant remember which one, but enemies drop well kept mathoms almost everytime

Join a guild that grinds out deeds slayer deeds go by faster if your in a fellowship especially the slugs and the fly one in the bree marsh area

There are several guides around for getting points
    I like and use a variation of this guy's
    https://sites.google.com/a/f2plotro....uide---part-iv

Basically, roll an elf champ and start in Celondim and you will complete enough quests for the three deed completion tasks picking up all the area exploration deeds (except the goblin area), wolf slay and advanced, goblin slayer and maybe others.
    Then to the Shire for wolf, brigand, harvest flies, and spiders deeds as well as Sights of the Shire and Farms of the Shire.

Nets you about 100 or so points in a few hours.

Got an awesome Idea myself.
    Get a high lvl toon, grind and buy cardolan trinkets.
    Make a new toon and send the trinkets in to him
    Trade the trinkets in to bree and get rep deed.
    Once you get max rep with the char, delete him, and make a new one.
    Start over grinding trinkets with your high lvl.
    This should yield about 40 tp each

from 0 reo - 50tp. 5+10+15+20=50

1. Go to the link provided earlier in the thread and follow the directions carefully ( https://sites.google.com/a/f2plotro....uide---part-iv ) Do this for about two hours and check your progress.
    2. Go to your job and work an for the same two hours.
    3. Open the wallet (Real life one) and take out the credit card. Purchase points. Check progress.

Yes there are *faster* ways to earn TP, however there are no *fast* ways. The idea was to entice players into playing a *free* game until they determine that it's too much fun playing the game to focus on 100% free.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

Got an awesome Idea myself.
    Get a high lvl toon, grind and buy cardolan trinkets.
    Make a new toon and send the trinkets in to him
    Trade the trinkets in to bree and get rep deed.
    Once you get max rep with the char, delete him, and make a new one.
    Start over grinding trinkets with your high lvl.
    I believe the TP distribution is 5/10/15/20 for acquaintance through kindred, so let's say 50 TP. Getting kindred is the most efficient from the point of view of "Turbine points per Trinket." Going from 0 rep to kindred takes 122 trinkets, so let's say 2.44 trinkets per Turbine point. Let's also say you can buy Turbine points at a rate of $1 per 100 points. (There are better deals, and they go on sale, but let's just use current prices.)

So: Your plan is to grind trinkets (or grind the gold to buy trinkets on the AH, which at typical prices is far less efficient). Your best "deal" is to grind 122 of these to get 50 turbine points. Now, I have ground trinkets in the past for my lower level alts (mostly so they can get the Bree travel skill). Grinding 122 trinkets is certainly possible. You could easily double that up with grinding your Breeland deeds (if you haven't already). But at some point the deeds will be ground. Accompanying this already drudging effort, you will perform another feat by running through the intro quest of an entirely new toon.

Two questions come to mind. The first is the dual of your suggestion: Is your time so worthless that you would grind 122 trinkets for me, and replay the intro quest, if I paid you 50 cents? It's possible you are, so the second is the natural followup question: If you are worth that little, should you really be spending your leisure time on LoTRO as opposed to something a bit more helpful to you?

But let's continue. The min cost of a quest pack at 476 when on sale as they are now. Let's say that's 9 batches of 122 trinkets (to get 450 points), and one batch of 79 (to get 30 points, which you get with ally). So, the cheapest quest pack is 1177 trinkets across 10 throwaway characters (and that's the cheapest, and on sale). That's lots of trinkets, and a lots of intro quest replays. You can do it, but wouldn't you want to shoot yourself by the time you were done?

I think at some point ... and a point well before where you seem to have set the bar for this "awesome" idea ... it's just worth it to just cough up the cash and spend the time you saved either actually playing the game or ideally something more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by keikii View Post
    from 0 reo - 50tp. 5+10+15+20=50
    This. From zero to kindered with any faction, munching rep goodies gives you 50 tp each. I hunt in sarnur, east agmar and the barrows is how i usually run it, and can have enough rep goodies to kinder each faction in about 3-4 hours depending on time of day, takes about 25 minutes for me to run a new toon through the tutorial, walla!! 150 tp points per tp toon, rinse and repeat. But if it isnt busy, i'll get on a kick late night and make several fast runs in the barrows is the easiest way, get enuff to run about 5 toons through in a 3 hour session or so, and during peak times i'll run the tp toons through and gobble em up. Most i have managed in a single day was about 300 tp, but its a serious grind though. The old way of leveling into the 20's and doing the deeds takes a lot longer.

Most people suggest starting a new character (on a new server) and doing the easy deeds in Shire/Bree-Land/Ered Luin. While this method is no doubt effective, I've found it extremely boring after trying it a couple of times. Doing the same things over and over day after day is never fun and the fact that all the progress made to those temporary characters is meaningless puts me off even more.

Some also suggest making a character on each server and doing the intro quest for 10TP. Personally, I find that absurd - in the time needed to log into server, make a character and roll through intro to that last quest you could have finished several deeds on an existing character. Waste of time.

Personally, I earn TP by being a completionist on my main character. By finishing deeds I both make them stronger and get TP for content. Some people don't even seem to realize how many TP become available as your character level - and I talk both easy deeds (exploration, questing, slayer) and tougher ones (instances and raids). For L75 character there is no big difference between wolves in the Shire and Wargs in Angmar - both die from 1 hit. Killing Wargs takes longer because of number required, true, but I also get my virtues rank up, plus earn good coin from selling vendor trash and crafting materials, so it doesn't feel a waste like on a throwaway character.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    Some also suggest making a character on each server and doing the intro quest for 10TP. Personally, I find that absurd - in the time needed to log into server, make a character and roll through intro to that last quest you could have finished several deeds on an existing character. Waste of time.
    You don't actually have to do any other quest. Just check the Skip Intro box in character creation and head straight for the NPC with the 10TP quest when you're in.

It's a fairly quick way to get some TPs, especially with both US and EU servers on the list now. It works just once per server though, so it's not a repeatable way to grind TPs, otherwise it'd be a little bit too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya View Post
    You don't actually have to do any other quest. Just check the Skip Intro box in character creation and head straight for the NPC with the 10TP quest when you're in.

It's a fairly quick way to get some TPs, especially with both US and EU servers on the list now. It works just once per server though, so it's not a repeatable way to grind TPs, otherwise it'd be a little bit too easy.
    Just a small correction. Non-VIPS cant skip tutorial intro.

Other that that, you are correct.

But yes, its still a lot faster to earn money in reallife and buy TP, if one can do that easily. (Not all CC get accepted, not all people have CC too.)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteKey View Post
    I believe the TP distribution is 5/10/15/20 for acquaintance through kindred, so let's say 50 TP. Getting kindred is the most efficient from the point of view of "Turbine points per Trinket." Going from 0 rep to kindred takes 122 trinkets, so let's say 2.44 trinkets per Turbine point. Let's also say you can buy Turbine points at a rate of $1 per 100 points. (There are better deals, and they go on sale, but let's just use current prices.)

So: Your plan is to grind trinkets (or grind the gold to buy trinkets on the AH, which at typical prices is far less efficient). Your best "deal" is to grind 122 of these to get 50 turbine points. Now, I have ground trinkets in the past for my lower level alts (mostly so they can get the Bree travel skill). Grinding 122 trinkets is certainly possible. You could easily double that up with grinding your Breeland deeds (if you haven't already). But at some point the deeds will be ground. Accompanying this already drudging effort, you will perform another feat by running through the intro quest of an entirely new toon.

Two questions come to mind. The first is the dual of your suggestion: Is your time so worthless that you would grind 122 trinkets for me, and replay the intro quest, if I paid you 50 cents? It's possible you are, so the second is the natural followup question: If you are worth that little, should you really be spending your leisure time on LoTRO as opposed to something a bit more helpful to you?

But let's continue. The min cost of a quest pack at 476 when on sale as they are now. Let's say that's 9 batches of 122 trinkets (to get 450 points), and one batch of 79 (to get 30 points, which you get with ally). So, the cheapest quest pack is 1177 trinkets across 10 throwaway characters (and that's the cheapest, and on sale). That's lots of trinkets, and a lots of intro quest replays. You can do it, but wouldn't you want to shoot yourself by the time you were done?

I think at some point ... and a point well before where you seem to have set the bar for this "awesome" idea ... it's just worth it to just cough up the cash and spend the time you saved either actually playing the game or ideally something more productive.
    I am currently a subscriber to another MMO (paid for the whole year subscription). I totally lost interest in that game as 'privileges' (mounts, inventory slots, etc) come easily and have not been logging in 6 months into the subscription. It totally destroyed my joy to play the game. For me, there is no joy to enjoy an 'easy' privilege. Yes, it is just me.

There is an excellent website for folks grinding TP http://www.f2plotro.com/

The guide and the TP finder resource are both fantastic. One for a fast route to 100 TP and the other for finding those odd deeds in any zone you might have missed.

Also Alts are your friend. A Character does not have to be on the same server as your main since all TP earned on any server on the account goes into the same common pool. Roll a lowbie on another server and grind out the fast easy TP at the low levels then delete it.