We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Are Creeps REALLY that underpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Philosomanic View Post
    I'm sorry, I have to refute that bolded part. Captains are far from OP. Perhaps the only class less OP than us is the Warden, and that's going to be changed with U6.

Yes, we have high armor. But the both our self-heals and DPS suck rocks. We have two self-heal skills. One self-heals for ~700 every 30s, and the other self-heals for ~1k. However, the 1k heal is crit-gated on a skill with a 12s cooldown, so in many fights I never get to use it. A lone Captain is so incredibly far from OP that we can't even see OP from where we're at.

Our one other self-heal comes from 15% of our damage done being converted into healing. However, since our DPS sucks rocks, healing from Revealing Mark... (wait for it) sucks rocks. I am a well-geared Captain. I'm not insanely decked out, but I have endgame raid gear and decent crafted jewelry, as well as very good DPS LIs. However, when I sparred Itty I pulled less than 300 DPS every fight. Even against a normal creep, I rarely break 400 DPS. The few times I do are usually in short bursts from lucky crits.

That said, put a Captain in a group and we make everyone around us OP. I'm pretty weak solo, but holy balls can I give people godmode

I've been critted on for well over 2k by several captains. Crafted jewellery is not good jewellery. Have a look at what some cappies can do running in Orthanc gear, with skirm raid jewellery. Castielle is a great example, 1v1s he can tear a lot of creeps up, whether they get position on him or not.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Ahhhhh! My house, my castle.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000abf4f/signature.png]Hermanthegerman[/charsig]

Manbierpig - 75 R3 Self-Healz, Manbeerpig - 46 Burglar
    Schnagburz Onzabarbie - R6 Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    I've been critted on for well over 2k by several captains. Crafted jewellery is not good jewellery. Have a look at what some cappies can do running in Orthanc gear, with skirm raid jewellery. Castielle is a great example, 1v1s he can tear a lot of creeps up, whether they get position on him or not.
    We have two skills that crit that high. One has a 45s cooldown (although down to 30s with a legacy), and the other has a ~12s cooldown, depending on rotation. We have one other skill that usually crits for 1.5k-2k, gated by the 12s skill. The rest of our skills crit for 1k, and have normal hits for far less. So while we do occasionally get a large spike of damage from using our big skills up front, our overall DPS is very low.

Based on Captain forums, not personal experience, the current DPS ceiling for Captains is 1k DPS on a training dummy. Getting that high requires a complete focus on DPS output in gear and build; however, no Captain is going have that build in the moors, because we'd be way too squishy. Building for high DPS and yet good morale and tactical mitigation, the upper limit seems to be around 700-800 on a training dummy. Your average Captain is pulling 600-700 on a training dummy. I'm currently hitting about 650-700 on dummies, so I'm doing well DPS-wise. It's my morale and mitigation that need to go up.

Now, dummies have essentially no defenses. So if you're pulling 1k on a dummy, you're pulling maybe 700 on a creep. That means that your average Captain pulls ~400 DPS on a creep, or less. Against Itty and Chiron, I'm lucky to break 300.

Our burst DPS can be really good if the stars align, but overall our DPS is very low.

Also, my jewelry is very good right now, thank you very much. Looking at all the endgame gear I can find numbers for, I have 5/8 pieces exactly what I want. My necklace is an Ox-Clan necklace, and I'm really close to getting the last upgrade for that. If you compare my jewelry stats to Castielle's jewelry, I have:

-4.6% Damage
    +0.4% Crit Chance
    +182 Morale
    -242 Physical Mitigation
    +180 Tactical Mitigation

Unfortunately, that isn't counting rings. I wasn't able to see the stats on Castielle's rings, so I didn't count either of our rings in the mix. But comparing our earrings, necklace, and pocket item, I am pretty damn close. 4.6% melee offense means an actual DPS increase of maybe 2.5%, and in exchange for that I have a higher crit rate and I'm harder (for creeps) to kill.

Castielle's jewelry is better, but we're definitely on about the same level. Based on jewelry, we should be pretty close in damage output. And to be honest, I'll take my lvl 72 purple crafted bracelts over anything else I've seen. They each give me 426 morale and 592 crit rating. I was low on both of those stats when I got them.
    Last edited by Philosomanic; Feb 10 2012 at 10:35 AM.
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

if you lose to a captain in the moors, it's because you didn't run away.

We are probably fine pvp-wise... Weak solo but add a lot to the group. People mistakenly think captains are godmode mostly because of last stand, which is a 15m cd. But without that skill a captain could easily be focus-fired and killed.

I could cakewalk cappies pre roi now i can't even come close...
    Only logical conclusion is captains are op! its settled
    I am the terror that flaps in the night.
    Pig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2