We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Disneyland is the only people-trap operated by a mouse

Smile _

Last edited by HeroofMiddleearth; Jan 14 2014 at 12:27 PM.

Re: Brandywine Christian Kinship Recruiting New Members

OMG , ppl are crazy

Can I draw your attension to this thread please? These people are asking for a christain Kin to join, and I'm not sure if you noticed it.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...s-still-around

Why is it necessary for a faith based kinship? I don't believe that this should be allowed. No faith plays a part in the lore (other than what the professor wrote into the background) and I resent some of the attitudes I have seen from people in some of these kinships (not this particular one). If you want to put the little fish on the back of your car, that is fine, but leave your beliefs out of my game and I will do the same for you (I am a heathen).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000825e1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Klarkash-ton View Post
    Why is it necessary for a faith based kinship? I don't believe that this should be allowed. No faith plays a part in the lore (other than what the professor wrote into the background) and I resent some of the attitudes I have seen from people in some of these kinships (not this particular one). If you want to put the little fish on the back of your car, that is fine, but leave your beliefs out of my game and I will do the same for you (I am a heathen).
    While I admit I'm perplexed myself and I would never join a kin based on faith only (notwithstanding the fact that I'm a practising Catholic), I say "why not?" As long as they are respectful (which seems the case) and do not antagonize other players based on their beliefs, they should be allowed to have fun together.

Why shouldn't it be allowed? If people are forming faith based groups so they can share aspects of their faith within their kin chat, kin events, etc... how is that putting our beliefs in your game? You don't see or hear it, so why should it bother you?

As far as why people join them... one reason is language. I know when I am grouped with my kin mates, I don't have to worry about my little ones hearing words I'd rather not have them exposed to.

I am sorry you've received ill treatment from some members of faith based kins, but that doesn't mean we're all bad, or that those are the only people acting likes jerks.
    Mains - Sampaguita 100 hobbit mini & Meggie - 100 captain. Army of alts: Lunelleth - 91 hunter/Cwenhild - 62 champ/Euraweth - 58 LM/Eadolwyn - 53 warden/Cinnamum - 30 burg/Ajuga - 26 guard/Idhreneth - 24 RK/Samieth - 6 beorning and Solveij the Pacifist (til she gets drunk) - 71 RK.

Hooooooooooooooooooola
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000123982/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Stormstone lv75 Rune-keeper
    Stoda lv75 Minstrel
    Baldere lv65 Loremaster

These people just want to draw together with other people of like minds. Nothing wrong with that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000c5598/signature.png]Tychicus[/charsig]

If you want to put the little fish on the back of your car, that is fine, but leave your beliefs out of my game and I will do the same for you (I am a heathen).
    And yet by this very post, you can't abide by your own demands. Voluntary kin, in a thread that clearly states what it is which you didn't have to click on; this is in no way part of your game. You actually had to go out of your way to get on this thread and push your negative comment into someone else's game.

Apart from the family definition of the word "kinship", the dictionary also proposes the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
    relationship by nature, qualities, etc.; affinity.
    A group of individuals who are like-minded in faith fits that definition perfectly. You relate to people who don't hold to a particular religious belief and they relate to those who do. This is no different than people who roll play a specific way having their own kin.

So, a suggestion comes to mind. Stay out of someone else game if you don't like it.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

This is so stupid, when did religion came to games?? It's like adding religion in animation, thts so wrong!!!! I'm a muslim but i dont want to create a muslim kin, cuz
    1. THIS IS A GAME
    2. STILL THIS IS A GAME
    3. YOU DONT GET ANY BENEFITS BY CREATING A KIN (SIGH)

Quote Originally Posted by Maldox1 View Post
    This is so stupid, when did religion came to games?? It's like adding religion in animation, thts so wrong!!!! I'm a muslim but i dont want to create a muslim kin, cuz
    1. THIS IS A GAME
    2. STILL THIS IS A GAME
    Stop being such a troll. If like-minded people want to gather together and fellowship in a community-based game, let them.
    It's a pity that you have been misled, Maldox.
    Last edited by Skulatikus; Apr 13 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000009eca6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"I'm not a thief, I'm an opportunist."

If I were on the Brandywine server, I would join this kin in a heartbeat.
    God bless you all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000009eca6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"I'm not a thief, I'm an opportunist."

Thumbs up Re: Brandywine Christian Kinship Recruiting New Members

I know you guys said to send mail to the recruiter but I thought I would say hey and and that I look forward to possibly joining! my in game name is shadwhunter, hope to hear from you guys soon!

Exclamation Re: Brandywine Christian Kinship Recruiting New Members

Some clarification for future reference: While it is true that the Community Guidelines prohibit religious topics in the forum, faith-based kinships are allowed in the game. Consequently, such kinships are also entitled to use the forums to advertise and recruit new members. This is not a violation of rules so long as it does not exceed simple recruitment and the discussion of religious issues does not spill over into other, unrelated threads. So far, this thread has done neither and I would therefore kindly ask everyone who is not interested in participating in this kinship to simply ignore its recruitment call. Conversely, I would ask any willing participants in this thread to please refrain from engaging in controversial discussions that may arise. That's what the report button is for.
    Report, don't retort.

do you guys raid?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032130000000f5901/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Talking

If I was on your sever I would join your kin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000fe866/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Maldox1 View Post
    1. THIS IS A GAME
    2. STILL THIS IS A GAME
    Actually, religious content has always existed in gaming. Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion, and even Final Fantasy X involves religion of some kind. Let's not forget about all those Christian-based games out there, like Heaven (the game). Dungeons and Dragons mentions religion several times in their video games, I do know this much. I myself am a Christian, though I admit, I believe in the unification of all Christian denominations, not the separation. My character is low leveled in landroval, so... I may actually go and join.

I thought talking about religion was against the rules on these forums. I've had my posts deleted in the past because they were deemed to have religious content. Yet you get away with making an entire kinship and thread based on religion. How does this happen? lol

Also - and this is partly in response to your "free will" argument (since I love an interesting debate) - we don't really have "free will". That is a myth. How you behave, act - the way your brain works ect... it's all biological and cultural. We are all victims of our genes and environment - and people who are born with mental problems or are raised up in horrible environments don't choose to be deranged.

And I"m not making excuses for anyone's behavior either. I'm just saying people don't '"choose" to be who they are. Life made them that way. No one wakes up one day and goes "think i'm going to become a nutjob and go on a rampage then blow my head off". It just doesn't work like that. And pretending it does over-simplifies it.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Dec 20 2012 at 03:57 AM.

"what matters to me is the thrill of the fight not which side I'm on"