We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

They call it Draigoch the Red, I call it Draigoch the Dud

What the hell,,,We're puggin' away at Draigoch and, on phase 3 and get him down to about 1.4 mil and he goes to sleep on us. Obviously this has happened to many of us before but they said they've fixed it and well,,,THEY HAVEN'T!!!!

This is ridiculous. 4am here,,,and we're doing a great job and BAM,,,,we got screwed... What do I pay my monthly fees for??? To run a raid to near the end and then get glitched.

So we all put in a ticket and guess how many responses we got after standing around for over half an hour waiting??? ABSOLUTELY NONE...I know it isn't 4am where you are GMs,,,so what are ya gonna do??? Probably tell us there's nothing wrong with this instance,,, or tell us to go and tell someone who cares.

Well it's broke,,,look,,we're all just standing here with this useless cartoon.

Not impressed Turbine/WB.

FIX IT

Zub
    Last edited by ZiggyWiggy; Feb 03 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Re: They call it Draigoch the Red, I call it Draigoch the Dud

Was on the same run.

Damn straight. Too busy working on Riders of Rohan to actually sort out Rise of Isengard. Very poor effort, not impressed.

Countdown to this whole thread being deleted because it shows turbine/wb in an unfavourable light starts..... NOW.
    Last edited by Quadcaster; Feb 03 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Thumbs down Re: They call it Draigoch the Red, I call it Draigoch the Dud

Was on the same run.
    Completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    So we all put in a ticket and guess how many responses we got after standing around for over half an hour waiting??? ABSOLUTELY NONE...I know it isn't 4am where you are GMs,,,so what are ya gonna do??? Probably tell us there's nothing wrong with this instance,,, or tell us to go and tell someone who cares.
    This has happened to us on several occasions. GMs can't do anything about it. Even if they would have responded, their response would have been something along the lines of "we're sorry, but we cannot fix this issue. please wait until the raid is working or fixed at a later date to avoid these types of glitches".

Sucks to have to restart everything. I know how you feel.

Yeah, I feel for you guys, too... this isn't the way to keep people from quitting lotro and going to swtor or the myriad of other games available... lol. Diablo III! Arrive faster!

Yeah its bugged several times before for me and got the same old copy paste message from them, just asked everyone in raid to send a ticket anyways.
    Definitely not pre-ordering when the new expansion arrives, as I will imagine it being in the same state as RoI currently and just a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsie View Post
    Yeah, I feel for you guys, too... this isn't the way to keep people from quitting lotro and going to swtor or the myriad of other games available... lol. Diablo III! Arrive faster!

It arrived for me yesterday in the form of closed beta invite

99.9k morale........:*(

i was on that run to elo D; first draig i do and its a dud, dam you turbine

Angry that awkward moment when....

thats like what, another extra 10 seconds of dps?...
    we have been dpsing around 1million morale per drop and for some reason we came up short that time burning only about 900k... -.-
    and they tell us that they are 'unable' to reset the instance/boss unlike the other instance. Anyone know if orthanc or other end game instances bugged to a point where they reset the boss?...
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Feb 05 2012 at 04:53 PM.

I don't think they care it's broken.

My favorite part of this was Agtug in glff in Zub's screenshot.
    [color=skyblue2]Stocky 95 RK[/color] - [color=violet]Lalwrence 85[/color] -[color=PaleGoldenRod] Dov 95 LM[/color] - [color=MediumVioletRed]Lallie 85 Mini[/color] - [color=springgreen]Meghan 85 Hunter[/color] - [color=tomato]Lalraen 85 Champ[/color]

/Tantrum not cool, fix this

There's a lot of #### they need to fix right now. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the some of the pre-release testers they use are chimpanzees. And the people in charge of fixing these bugs must be something like roaches...they don't do much, but they'll never leave, and while they're there they just keep other, more productive species away.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadcaster View Post
    Very poor effort, not impressed.

Go here http://unity3d.com/ and get the student version. Then load up one of sample projects. See just how complicated game development is. Then imagine how vastly more complicated the Draigoch instance must be. Then maybe you could cut the dev's some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Rimmer View Post
    Go here http://unity3d.com/ and get the student version. Then load up one of sample projects. See just how complicated game development is. Then imagine how vastly more complicated the Draigoch instance must be. Then maybe you could cut the dev's some slack.
    Condescending tone totally unneeded.

Do you think that its OK for PROFESSIONAL GAME DEVELOPERS (note the word PROFESSIONAL) who we pay great sums of money to each month (in addition to paying directly for this lot of content) to release a very buggy instance, then not fix it for 5 months but in fact make it worse?

To then begin promoting the next expansion whilst the last one is still buggy as hell is to me totally unacceptable. If you don't agree, Do you at least understand my reasoning Ace?
    Last edited by Quadcaster; Feb 10 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Do you think that its OK for PROFESSIONAL GAME DEVELOPERS (note the word PROFESSIONAL) who we pay great sums of money to each month (in addition to paying directly for this lot of content) to release a very buggy instance, then not fix it for 5 months but in fact make it worse?

To then begin promoting the next expansion whilst the last one is still buggy as hell is to me totally unacceptable. If you don't agree, Do you at least understand my reasoning Ace?
    Indeed. I refuse to pre-order the next expansion until they can atleast fix the old content- because chances are, the new content will have some annoying bug that we will be complaining about in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Rimmer View Post
    No excuse to sell a product that doesn't work. 1250 Tp and four hours later... I would be raging so hard if this happened to me

"I have absolutely no use for dragon-guarded treasures, and the whole lot could stay here for ever, if only I could wake up and find this beastly tunnel was my own front-hall at home!" ~ The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Fulksayyan View Post
    "I have absolutely no use for dragon-guarded treasures, and the whole lot could stay here for ever, if only I could wake up and find this beastly tunnel was my own front-hall at home!" ~ The Hobbit
    WOW, so the whole draigoch fiasco is actually a big lore based internal joke at turbine? :P

It's better they do what they are doing rather than taking the raid offline for several months like they did with the turtle. If you minimize things that cause it to bug out you can get the bug out rate to less than 1/4 of the time. For people that can't do the Isen 12 man, this is an important raid. Nobody has to do the raid and everyone should be aware of the risk.

It does irk me that they spend so much resources on stuff that is not broken (class redesigns, level cap increase, making the Isen instances harder) while broken stuff goes a long time without being fixed (like the Annuminas flag reset which was broken for a year, preventing a deed from being completed). This just makes no sense.

On the other hand, at least they fixed most of the problems with deed completion in Dunland, and they have reduced the bug rate on Draigoch.

WOW, so the whole draigoch fiasco is actually a big lore based internal joke at turbine? :P

Thats what my guess is xD

Shame too.

I'm usually all for 'cutting the devs some slack' but I have to agree with you at this point. Why are they working so diligently on a new xpac when the current content isn't working right? They should put RoR on hold and fix the current bugs first. At the very least they need to disable it until it is fixed. Unfortunately, even if they did that I doubt it will get fixed anytime soon. They'll just leave it sitting while they play in Rohan. They've really gone downhill since WB stepped in.