We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Firefoot Raiding Community

Firefoot endgame is on life support, how do we proceed?

Who is trying T2 weekly right now?

Resurrection continues to make this a priority but that doesnt mean attrition rates, or other games, and server xfers don't hurt us too.

Is there a way to break down the walls that divide us and get together to start downing content? is it too late?

Thoughts?
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Re: Firefoot Raiding Community

While I have not reached that portion of the game there are several in my kin looking to solve the same issue. Send an ingame mail to Rahhi and Cabanbolon and not only will they be likely to join but to reach out to other 75s in the kin. A coalition of kins may be what is needed. I would also contact someone in Sevenfold and Never Surrender as they have end game capable people in numbers closer to Resurrection.

I honestly would love to hear from some other big raiding kins about joining forces once or twice a week. There a good number of veteran raiders who don't do T2 as much just due to firefoot's drop in activity. There would be many hurdles like raiding reward systems being incompatible leading to rolls? It would need some significant discussion, but I think the benefits would be worth it. Even Ress. hs some raid nights that we don't have the makeup for T2, and I can't say I would be willing to do more than one or two raid nights as described, but it would be good for the server to down other bosses T2 and expose players to the strat and feel of the fights. However, I don't know if the server would be up for the political challenges involved or not... Time will tell.

Great thought Conn.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000218d74/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I would support a consolidation of raiding Kins over a collaboration between Kins. This is just because once they're under one roof/hierarchy it would be easier to organize things. This would however require a lot of work in the beginning with organizing leadership and negotiation between all the current Kins' leadership.

The benefit would be a long term solution though as opposed to making a short term coalition where raids are part MK, part Res, part FiF, part w/e. Sure a coalition would allow us to get more raiding done at first, but a lot of problems would be created about how to handle loot and which person is in charge of who (ie does the Res Officer trump a FiF officer?) and many other similar issues. These issues would rapidly lead to a break down within the coalition.

I have no idea how a consolidation of the Kins would happen especially with the loyalty of many to their current kins and the bad blood that lies between many members of Kins (ie Hank vs everyone else in the world). However, if the leadership in the different Kins can come to some type plan to bring many kins together into the "One Kin to Rule Them All" I think most rank and file Kin members would follow the plan.

Well that's my .02
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000037a00/01001/signature.png]Dlorik[/charsig]

Taters tries to do T2 several times a week, but that's strictly dependent on signups. I know several people both in and out of kin who want to raid, but can't due to time zones or work or whatever.

As far as loot goes, IMHO there's really only the clasp and the first age item to worry about; the jewelry is very rare, but even the clasp and first age symbol are so hard to come by that I'd think agreeing upon and keeping track of any kind of system would be difficult...not impossible, though.

P.S. Connomir, I saw your post in another thread that got closed; FF actually had two clasps drop so far, my RK was the lucky winner about a week ago (T1 Saruman if anyone was curious).
    Last edited by Daschande; Feb 04 2012 at 03:30 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010f3c4/01007/signature.png]Daschande[/charsig]

Chanus - "MMO forums are mostly for whining, with the occasional sprinkle of an actually rational and intelligent poster offering a decent suggestion."

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    Firefoot endgame is on life support, how do we proceed?

Who is trying T2 weekly right now?

Resurrection continues to make this a priority but that doesnt mean attrition rates, or other games, and server xfers don't hurt us too.

Is there a way to break down the walls that divide us and get together to start downing content? is it too late?

Thoughts?
    I think with all the goodwill you have built up for yourself in game and on the forums, you should have no problem finding people that will enjoy raiding with you.

Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again...

I hear Critical Succession is the best kin on Firefoot, we should all join them.

FiF is large enough as it is in my opinion, we already have a hard enough time keeping track of the raid-ready toons. I think consolidating into too large of a kinship will just create more drama than is necessary and the kin will collapse quickly. LOTRO is in a rut until some new content comes out. As soon as I get my rank 8 banner, it's alt-season
    Last edited by toom87; Feb 04 2012 at 06:32 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019a62e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Taters is running 3-4 days per week T2, working on 2 wings, lighting and fire and ice, 2 more days finishing T1 (mostly tues-wednesday) and doing dragon 2 - 3 runs on weekends........... yes its hard to put the same group everynight but we keep running
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000cdc3d/01007/signature.png]Toretto[/charsig]

I'm willing to run anything with anyone, just send me a tell and ask. -Miradhor

Want to know which kins can field end-game? Who to contact?
    Try this site. It is just a few simple pages but with some good info.

http://lotro.ewirtz.com/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002609f4/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Even a clot of sand can sharpen an axe.