We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is the some kind of "OnClick" trigger for primary quicksot bars?

I might be missing it, but I am trying to find a way to tell if a player has just clicked on a skill. The purpose of this is to then type some text into the /say channel for Role-playing purposes

For example;
    A Player is on his Hunter character and uses the "Set Snare" move, which his has located on quickslot 3 slot 5. Through the LUA plugin when the player clicks on that skill it recognizes that fact and types in to the say channel. "Hold on let me set a snare... bring them to this place."

In my mind I can work this out in multiple ways in the plugin, but at the very least I need to know what quickslot the person is actually clicking on, preferably knowing what skill they just activated is better. Anyone have any insight?
    --

Re: Is the some kind of "OnClick" trigger for primary quicksot bars?

There's a plugin that took a very roundabout way to this. It had an entire set of quickslots where you'd set your skills to match your actual quickslots. When you hit Shift + 1, it would know that you used a certain skill, because you set up in the settings that key combination comes out to that skill.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...SkillInfo.html
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Interesting... I think I might be able to use this as a starting point. I wish this was built into the API, instead of some very complex workaround.

Thanks,
    --

Way, way, way back in the primordial days of LoTRO plugins I noticed that the Turbine.UI.Lotro.Action enumeration was missing quite a few actions and I mapped out all of the available Actions that can be caught using the KeyDown (the event is badly named as it doesn't actually respond to keystrokes, but rather Actions) event. You set your window :SetWantsKeyEvents(true) and then in the .KeyDown(sender,args) event handler you check the args.Action to see what action triggered the event.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...I.Lotro.Action

Unfortunately, you won't be able to actually perform an emote or send text to others or any real action since users have to actually trigger any of those activities directly. That is, you can't programmatically "piggyback" an action when a quickslot is pressed.
    Last edited by Garan; Feb 02 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Actually that sounds like exactly what I was looking for... Now if only I can find a way to do the piggyback...
    --

Okay since there is no way to trigger a direct to chat box message, only the ability to create shortcuts in quick slots, is there any way to trigger quick slots... is there a way to trigger anything to the chat box out to the /say channel?

If not they really need to implement a way.