We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Cool Re: Lotro creep blackout!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frosty132 View Post
    But on a serious note......

Warg changes already announced for u6 and the spider changes that MAY get posted in the few hours mean anything?
    Untested changes amount to what?

Don't expect people to resub just because 1 dev happens to be working on 1 class (warg) with "minor" revisions on another extremely bugged up class (weaver).

See Kelsen -> Mitigations
    See LOTRO -> "NEW PVMP MAP!!!!" *6 months later* "Just kidding!"

I am a lifetimer and I do not support this movement, but I do sympathize with their frustration and definitely do not hold anything against people who are unsubbing. They are clearly entitled after this massive pvmp clusterfeck.
    Guild Leader and General of Karn Aanug

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

Re: Lotro creep blackout!!!

This PvMP is screwed up.

No more cash from me Turbine.

My son has already stopped paying.

I want to go to the moors and enjoy good fights with kills for both sides with action to and fro across the map.

What we get now is constant camping at either OC or lug GY.

Poor performance Turbine

Quote Originally Posted by frosty132 View Post
    Warg changes already announced for u6 and the spider changes that MAY get posted in the few hours mean anything?
    Means burgs will still be better than wargs and LM's will still be better than spiders.

Reaver, Defiler, Warleader and Blackarrow?

Nice ninja delete... :P
    Guild Leader and General of Karn Aanug

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

I have a feeling that for every (creep mainly) account unsubbed a new warg will replace it in U6 :P

Thumbs up Re: Lotro creep blackout!!!

Firstly i'd like to give a tip of the hat to all who are taking a stand on this matter. Marketing and sales really does determine what happens on the development floor and if pleas from paying customers are not being addressed, sometimes boycott can be a very effective tool.

For myself though I wont be participating in unsubbing as of yet, as I and a good deal of creeps I know have basically given Turbine until the launch of GW2 to get it right.

I will however be absent on the 10th of Feb in solidarity.
    Last edited by Shedera; Feb 07 2012 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxal View Post
    Well when a game is designed, marketed and sold as a PvE game, why would you expect it to be a great PvP game? <ight as well complain about DOOM being a FPS..
    I pretty much agree with this. While I find playing creep to be an amusing distraction, and I would like to see things made better, I don't think its worth unsubbing for.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042030000000004b6/01007/signature.png]Dhor[/charsig][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?354626-Plugin-Travel-Window&p=4957038#post4957038"]Travel Window Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?401438-Plugin-HunterFocus"]Hunter Focus Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Saticmotion View Post
    /signed.

Wanted to make a note for people whining about how this is a PvE oriented game.

If it really is so PvE oriented, why do they even host PvP content?
    When they host it, they should look after it.

Imagine you had an electronics shop, and you also sold 1 or 2 types of candy.
    When people get sick from the candy, because it has expired or whatever.
    You can't just say: "I run an electronics shop, not a candy shop. It's not my fault they got sick and they shouldn't whine about it."

(Best analogy I could think of at the moment)
    +rep Nice example.

Anything that generates revenue needs proper care without doubt. Store is heavily present in creepside now, also you have to be VIP to PvP on freepside, it is not a free addition to the game, thus there is no excuse for disinterest towards it. If they don't wanna care about PvMP, then quit hosting it. If they want to care about it, care about it on a decent level.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    What a brilliant comeback i totally agree with ya and all those store bought creeps.
    Hey Thank You

Turbine, oh Turbine, what have you done now?

I understand that this game may have been mostly pve oriented, but not completely, because Turbine had decided to add an aspect of PvP into the game. The day it was added, Turbine agreed that they would also have a pvp aspect in their game. PvE is great with some minor issues, but PvP has not been worked on truly in a long time, if it ever actually was. It is sad to see that Turbine had come up with such a unique and game changing idea, but decided that they would not carry it through and ignore the complaints from paying players. Now, PvP is all about the revenue for Turbine. Only VIP can play on freeps, so they make money by monthly subscriptions or the instant money that was made from the lifetime accounts. Creepside has been offered to f2p players, and has been completely changed ever since. You can buy your skills?! Nice way to earn some extra money huh Turbine? If you want to make money off of PvP you better work on it just as much as you are on PvE. What is the difference? IF you have players complaining, players who are putting money into your already fat wallets, why not listen for once? It has been 4 years and look at the changes you made to PvP. Ah the memories of the hard work that was put into it... yeah right. For four years we have played on the same terrain, the same classes with almost completely the same skills. And now to top it all off, everything is completely unbalanced. Way to turn something unique into a pile of trash Turbine...

Why are you making all of these bad choices? Why does it seem as if no one from Turbine even plays the game anymore? Why not listen to the players? "Powered by Our Fans"... Why won't you listen to the people that have actually stayed with you guys for so long? Why?

There are so many MMO's going downhill right now, and Turbine, you need to understand that it is us, the loyal playerbase, who are keeping this game alive nowadays. It doesn't seem like you are, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by assassin40 View Post
    Turbine, oh Turbine, what have you done now?

I understand that this game may have been mostly pve oriented, but not completely, because Turbine had decided to add an aspect of PvP into the game. The day it was added, Turbine agreed that they would also have a pvp aspect in their game. PvE is great with some minor issues, but PvP has not been worked on truly in a long time, if it ever actually was. It is sad to see that Turbine had come up with such a unique and game changing idea, but decided that they would not carry it through and ignore the complaints from paying players. Now, PvP is all about the revenue for Turbine. Only VIP can play on freeps, so they make money by monthly subscriptions or the instant money that was made from the lifetime accounts. Creepside has been offered to f2p players, and has been completely changed ever since. You can buy your skills?! Nice way to earn some extra money huh Turbine? If you want to make money off of PvP you better work on it just as much as you are on PvE. What is the difference? IF you have players complaining, players who are putting money into your already fat wallets, why not listen for once? It has been 4 years and look at the changes you made to PvP. Ah the memories of the hard work that was put into it... yeah right. For four years we have played on the same terrain, the same classes with almost completely the same skills. And now to top it all off, everything is completely unbalanced. Way to turn something unique into a pile of trash Turbine...

Why are you making all of these bad choices? Why does it seem as if no one from Turbine even plays the game anymore? Why not listen to the players? "Powered by Our Fans"... Why won't you listen to the people that have actually stayed with you guys for so long? Why?

There are so many MMO's going downhill right now, and Turbine, you need to understand that it is us, the loyal playerbase, who are keeping this game alive nowadays. It doesn't seem like you are, anyway...
    I so agree with this. Is Turbine afraid that buffing creeps will give freeps a challenge? Heaven forbid! Alot of the content in pve has been 'dumbed down' and made soloable. Don't let the moors stay soloable as well. It is supposed to be a place that challenges freeps and creeps alike. Now its just the creeps who have to work hard to stay anywhere close, which they aren't. If freeps are crying that much about getting hurt in the moors, they shouldn't go there. It is supposed to be a place where the gloves are off and there is real danger of character death. Well, the gloves are off, but the creeps have their hands tied. Any freep who boasts about ruling the moors has probably not played a creep and would run away crying if they tried.

If you want an 'easy challenge', stay pve. If you want a real challenge, give creeps their balance and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Hey Thank You
    If you are going to put false words in my posts, at least use a similar form of literacy skill.

Sheesh ..

Stay up to date on the creature player forums!
    Last edited by fabreth; Feb 09 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fabreth View Post
    I would like to inform everyone that orion has let me know that creeps will be in fact getting some love come Update 6, including reaver,weaver,warg and perhaps more!!!! You guys will know what's happening as soon as he wishes to release that information to the public. It looks like for once the creeps will be getting some love and we will stand a chance against the freeps.

Please check out these posts for some more information on changes
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...gs-in-Update-6
    If wargs are getting a big buff then it only means that freeps are getting a buff too. And probably a better buff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would like to thank everyone for their support in the GHAV Movement/Creep Blackout!!! And please if you liked lotro before you will like it more once Update 6 hits live so resubscribe or just stay tuned and subscribe when it happens!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT IN THIS MOVEMENT AND HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
    so let me understand this... u started a movement, to make us unsuscribe february 10 because they are lying (multiple times) and never listen players... and because a guy from turbine told you the next update gonna be fantastic, they are gonna make change in pvmp... it s done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Dude you're the best, stop you're making me blush..........Sheesh ..
    Im sorry and thank you

I don't care one iota about what THEY say... it's what they do and what we experience as Creeps that matters at this point.

Well into year five and we Creeps have been left holding the bag for all this time... why should we believe anything they say from here on out?

Proof is in the pudding.

Keep up to date on the creature player forums!
    Last edited by fabreth; Feb 09 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Its funny how all these apparent changes appear on the forums as this Blackout day looms, I agree with some of the posters that proof is in the pudding!

Seems to much of a coincidence to me that these announcements are made in the same week that this movement plans to stage an event in protest.

Sounds more like damage limitation and propaganda to me, but then i have always been a cynic.

As for this planned blackout, I think only a minor amount of people will follow it, mainly the small minority of people that read this forum, what about all the other players that don't, that will all probably be on anyway, as well as new creeps that are trying it out for the first time.

Sorry I`m a realist, Id like to support this, but I know it wont make any difference to the price of cheese in Zanzibar.
    "So much lag I had time to make dinner while waiting for my skills to go off!!"
    Phakdush Baka, formelry The Gramsfoot Canaries Withywindle. Now Cojones De Mitril Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Phakdush View Post
    Its funny how all these apparent changes appear on the forums as this Blackout day looms, I agree with some of the posters that proof is in the pudding!

Seems to much of a coincidence to me that these announcements are made in the same week that this movement plans to stage an event in protest.

Sounds more like damage limitation and propaganda to me, but then i have always been a cynic.

As for this planned blackout, I think only a minor amount of people will follow it, mainly the small minority of people that read this forum, what about all the other players that don't, that will all probably be on anyway, as well as new creeps that are trying it out for the first time.

Sorry I`m a realist, Id like to support this, but I know it wont make any difference to the price of cheese in Zanzibar.
    Given the amount of detail Orion and Kelsan have given in their two threads, and the fact that Turbine rarely posts info on upcoming changes unless its pretty much guaranteed to happen, I would say there are indeed changes coming.

I know they have said a few things in the past that have not come about, but with the pure amount of detail they have given, I think these ones are more or less true. Some of the specific changes may get modified between now and U6. I also doubt that with the amount of detail given they came up with these changes in the 4 days since this thread got posted..

I think the only thing the blackout might have accomplished is getting them to post this info a bit sooner than they planned.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042030000000004b6/01007/signature.png]Dhor[/charsig][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?354626-Plugin-Travel-Window&p=4957038#post4957038"]Travel Window Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?401438-Plugin-HunterFocus"]Hunter Focus Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by D.H1cks View Post
    Given the amount of detail Orion and Kelsan have given in their two threads, and the fact that Turbine rarely posts info on upcoming changes unless its pretty much guaranteed to happen, I would say there are indeed changes coming.

I know they have said a few things in the past that have not come about, but with the pure amount of detail they have given, I think these ones are more or less true. Some of the specific changes may get modified between now and U6. I also doubt that with the amount of detail given they came up with these changes in the 4 days since this thread got posted..

I think the only thing the blackout might have accomplished is getting them to post this info a bit sooner than they planned.
    I agree. To think that Turbine scrambled to put something together before this half-a%$ "blackout" happened is idiotic. It takes months of planning, approving, and development of changes the size of what Orion is talking about.

What did you all think, they sat around last week chewing their nails 24 hours a day to come up with something to stop the "blackout"?

These things take time and the release of info just happened to be now.

Understand that update 6 will change all of your views on the creeps You guys will LOVE IT!!! trust me, as of right now I'm not allowed to discuss anything but know that changes are coming and creeps will soon be "back to normal" and will in fact stand a chance against the freeps.
    And how long before we're nerfed?

I would like to inform everyone that orion has let me know that creeps will be in fact getting some love come Update 6, including reaver,weaver,warg and perhaps more!!!! You guys will know what's happening as soon as he wishes to release that information to the public. It looks like for once the creeps will be getting some love and we will stand a chance against the freeps.

Please check out these posts for some more information on changes
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...gs-in-Update-6
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...77#post5976977

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would like to thank everyone for their support in the GHAV Movement/Creep Blackout!!! And please if you liked lotro before you will like it more once Update 6 hits live so resubscribe or just stay tuned and subscribe when it happens!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT IN THIS MOVEMENT AND HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
    I did?

You certainly sent me a PM. I did not respond. I had seen the thread before. I am pleased that you chose to abandon the blackout endeavor. If the posted information on changes that are due for Update 6 helped, great. Call that out as the reason for the change of heart.

We read these forums and when you make false claims about what we do or do not say to you it's simply bad form.

P.S. There are still more details to be released with regards to PvMP before U6 hits.
    Last edited by Orion; Feb 09 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo6 View Post
    If wargs are getting a big buff then it only means that freeps are getting a buff too. And probably a better buff.
    ^ This. Every time creeps get a rifle, freeps get a nuclear bomb. And then they take a rifle from us and replace it with a wooden club. This has been happening
    every
    bloody
    time.

It will take much more than tweaking individual classes to restore my faith and show that the changes coming to the creepside are meaningful.

Keep up to date on the creature player forums!
    Last edited by fabreth; Today at 03:55 PM.
    HAHAHAHAHA Way to delete your post minutes after Orion posts.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast