We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burglar traits and virutes?

Hi, so Im new to the burglar and when I tried it it was "love at first sight", I love the stealth and the critchains, but I have no idea of what virtues and traits I should go for. 90% of my time will be playing solo and would like to have as high dmg as possible.

Thanks for answers

Re: Burglar traits and virutes?

I can't say much for virtues as I'm still noobish in that area but I know some traits. Especially at lower levels, trait Quiet Knife (red traits) for the most part. It will increase your stealth speed, positional damage, and crit (could be wrong about crit).

For traits:

Red:

Cunning Wound: super helpful! you get it by using Cunning Attack 500 times. It makes your bleeds more potent which is very useful for a burglar (cunning attack from stealth and behind is a great opener on big mobs especially with this traited). I almost never untrait this.

Focused Eye: great trait especially at low levels when your crit chance isn't great. you get it by using Aim 750 times. It reduces the cool down by 30 seconds which means every 30 seconds you have an auto-crit and can use your crit chain skills. I almost always keep this one as well.

Ambidextrous: must have IMO. you get this from the level 15 class quest and I'd suggest always keeping it. It increases you offhand damage by 15% and although most of your skills only have 1 attack, the majority of your damage will come from auto-attacks which use the off hand. I always use this.

The rest of the red traits are all pretty good but those are the big three FOR ME. I'm sure other burglars have different opinions. The rest very slightly improve positional damage (2.5%), improve the skill Well Placed Strike (which I don't use very much), and improve crit chance from stealth (5%)

Yellow (debuff line)

If you want more damage you want to look at the following yellow traits.

Opportunist: improves the trick Counter-Defense by making your opponent even more susceptible to critical hits and less likely to B/P/E. I like this yellow a lot. Helps you get into your crit chain more.

Appraising Eye: improves Reveal Weakness from +8% damage to +10% damage. pretty good but not huge at low levels IMO.

The rest of yellow is great debuffs but you said you wanted damage!!

Blue (stealth, gambler line)

The only blue trait you need to focus on up until about level 60ish is...

LEAF WALKER: GET IT GET IT GET IT. it greatly increases stealth speed and you need stealth for great damage. it makes leveling soooo much faster and easier because you move so much faster. also if you have this slotted and you use Provoke out of stealth you have a chance to daze the target which can be helpful for multiple enemies.

good luck and enjoy burglaring!

This is a good site for virtues, it's a little out of date as it still only has up to 10 but I guess it will be a while before you have to worry about that.

http://www.burgzerg.com/virtues

You can see what different combinations give you and it also lets you know were the deeds are (complete deeds to raise virtues).

I tend to go for anything with -melee like Zeal, Innocence, Charity & Compassion, oppps I mean physical mitigation

and Valour for some morale.
    [center][font=Ringbearer] [size=4][color=#999999][b][url="http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/"]Sanctuary[/url][/b][/color][/size] [/font][/center]
    [center][font=Ariel][size=2][color=#8080ff]Laurelin - Bado, Tinwen, Ráichéal, Nalin, Gladioli, Osfrid, Fingilel & Merorry: MP - Ruzrat, Withywindle - Laurel Leaf[/color][/size][/font][/center]

you're going to get a variety of advice here; as everyone plays their burg differently; and whats important to one may not be so important to others...

I run with 5 qk and 2 gambler traits... side step trait gives you (12 x current lvl) evade bonus which is nice to have.

Footpad (+2 stealth) might be nice to have early on to help you sneak past enemies... though you can get + stealth from various jewelery and items so that trait is not a keeper...

for virtues; can't go wrong with Zeal, Determination... Empathy nice also... I always look for advice in this area as well; hehe...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000002612a1/signature.png]Exethius[/charsig]
    -Exe of Silverlode
    Warden - Champion - Captain

I am so glad you put that link up. I just sat here for the last 2 hours playing with virtue combos wondering what will work the best. Now I am off to lvl my virtues some more and hope the wargs and weavers BA and travers can't kill me so fast. I btw I run with 5 gamble 2 qk in the moors. I love doing gamble in over and was wondering if maybe that's not such a good thing in pvmp. Anyone let me know because so far I am über in uber in pve just don't know if I will be able to solo moors. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bado View Post
    This is a good site for virtues, it's a little out of date as it still only has up to 10 but I guess it will be a while before you have to worry about that.

http://www.burgzerg.com/virtues

You can see what different combinations give you and it also lets you know were the deeds are (complete deeds to raise virtues).

I tend to go for anything with -melee like Zeal, Innocence, Charity & Compassion, oppps I mean physical mitigation

and Valour for some morale.
    That site is good, but DO NOT TRUST the popular-per-class as the site is basing the data on player input that long since is outdated. Any data prior to RoI should be nuked to not skew the "popularity" in a bad way.

The true answer to your question depends on where you intend to go with your character. I raid, and therefore I have to build for that. If you never raid, then the information I give probably does not apply much to you at all.

Traits: Basically, get them all - while some are better used more often than others, there will be times that nearly all are needed and it is embarrassing to have to say "oops, don't have that one yet".

Virtues: If you raid, you generally need to stack for Tactical Mitigation vs. most bosses and Physical Mitigation vs. trash - but Draigoch is mostly Physical, so stack that for him. There are also a couple of must haves. And there are good uses at times for many others - or if there isn't yet, there may be later!

>Never leave home without 'em:
    **Zeal (includes P-Mit)
    **Valour

>Tactical Mitigation virtues:
    **Fidelity - has highest T-Mit value
    **Tolerance - has highest T-Mit value, second highest Agility
    **Honour - has second highest T-Mit value

>Physical Mitigation virtues:
    **Innocence - has highest P-Mit value
    **Compassion - has highest P-Mit value
    **Charity - has second highest P-Mit value

>Non-Raid virtues:
    **Determination - highest Agility, adds morale
    **Loyalty - Vitality and Armour
    **Empathy - Armour

So, ...

... use every skill you can as you quest to get your trait deeds completed

... deed, deed, deed to get your virtues up to
    ...... rank 10 by L60
    ...... rank 12 by L65
    ...... rank 14 when you hit cap.

And have fun playing!

Marisibelle
    Woman Burglar of Bree
    Riddlemaster and all around pest to foes everywhere
    Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

while levelling up, i just slotted whichever useful virtues were highest at the time--you can get to end game quite comfortably without expressly farming virtues (which is a bore on-level, imo). all those slayer deeds will be much easier to complete at level 75 anyway.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008c516/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]