We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: DPS meter?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    29

    DPS meter?

    Is there a DPS meter somewhere in the UI? If not, it seems as though lotro accepts add-ons . . . is there a good DPS meter I could download? I'm just getting to the point of doing instances and would like a bit of feed back as to how I stacking up to other players so I can make adjustments where necessary. Just want to make sure I'm not a drag to whatever group I'm in!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001fd3fe/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    9,845

    Re: DPS meter?

    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html

    Enjoy! Just as a note , not many people parse stuff, and competition for spots isn't really an issue - how well you play with others does - ie threat management, location awareness etc. It's a great tool for comparing tweaks you do for yourself.

    Also the parses never tell the whole story - someone's DPS could double easily in the right situation with the right buffs on them from other players. I wouldn't sweat it.
    Last edited by geoboy; Jan 31 2012 at 11:24 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019caef/signature.png]Nerves[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    458

    Re: DPS meter?

    There is none ingame, but you can use a LOTRO plugin for that. It requires some setting up, but it works like a charm. I use CombatAnalysis (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html). There is also a thread on this forum for it (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ombat-Analysis). It works for both damage dealt and healing supplied.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    29

    Re: DPS meter?

    Awesome. I'll be sure to check those out. I know it really doesn't make that much difference at lower levels but I still like to have the tools to measure my own performance and make tweeks, as you say, to make sure I'm getting the most out of my characters and see what effects different gear and traits have.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001fd3fe/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,358

    Re: DPS meter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dafney View Post
    I still like to have the tools to measure my own performance
    Performance isn't measured in dps. On no class, and especially not on a guardian.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]"HELP!!!!??"[/COLOR] is not an appropriate thread title.
    Only fools use [COLOR="#FF0000"]apostrophes[/COLOR] in a plural. That's when they're called fool's apostrophes.

  6. #6

    Re: DPS meter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dafney View Post
    Awesome. I'll be sure to check those out. I know it really doesn't make that much difference at lower levels but I still like to have the tools to measure my own performance and make tweeks, as you say, to make sure I'm getting the most out of my characters and see what effects different gear and traits have.
    Just remember you playing a Guardian. In group time nobody cares about your DPS output. All they care about is whether you can convince the group's opponents to beat on you. There are no threat meters because no hate point information is sent to the client. There is no documentation on how hate is generated or aggro works other than vague general information.

    You are trying to hold aggro via DPS output in group time as a Guardian. It is not going to work. The DPS classes like Hunters are going to generate a lot more damage than the Guardian.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    458

    Re: DPS meter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Just remember you playing a Guardian. In group time nobody cares about your DPS output. All they care about is whether you can convince the group's opponents to beat on you. There are no threat meters because no hate point information is sent to the client. There is no documentation on how hate is generated or aggro works other than vague general information.

    You are trying to hold aggro via DPS output in group time as a Guardian. It is not going to work. The DPS classes like Hunters are going to generate a lot more damage than the Guardian.
    Of course, this is if you're the tank. If you're not the tank and forfull your second role (DPS) or solo, it would be viable to measure DPS and compare builds and rotations. However, as has been said, performance and effectiveness are not measured in DPS, not even for the true DPS classes Hunter and Runekeeper. If you constantly save the healer from the adds, and prevent group wipes with that, I bet no one will care how much dmg you do, you'll be the MVP

  8. #8

    Re: DPS meter?

    We guardians are probably the worst dps class in the game now, arguably...

    But yes, like others suggest, combatanalysis is an amazing tool. It also measures how much incoming and outgoing healing you give/receive and incoming damage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024434a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  9. #9

    dps meter

    Quote Originally Posted by -atilius- View Post
    We guardians are probably the worst dps class in the game now, arguably...

    But yes, like others suggest, combatanalysis is an amazing tool. It also measures how much incoming and outgoing healing you give/receive and incoming damage.
    im looking for a meter that shows every1s dps not just mine i know what mine is i wanna see other peoples and post it so i can show you why im removing you from my group im sick of all this talk that it doesnt matter how u play or whatever there is skill in mmo's and ur gonna succeed u gotta have it and learn to play the game.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pillshatner View Post
    im looking for a meter that shows every1s dps not just mine i know what mine is i wanna see other peoples and post it so i can show you why im removing you from my group im sick of all this talk that it doesnt matter how u play or whatever there is skill in mmo's and ur gonna succeed u gotta have it and learn to play the game.
    This kind of plugin is not possible to create for Lotro. The Lua API only provides access to some of your character's data.

    There was at least one very complicated solution for you request:

    1) One group member had to set up a server which ran a group DPS application. It received data on what each member of the group was doing. The server sent the combined information back to each group member.

    2) Each group member had to run a DPS meter plugin that was setup to transmit the data to the correct physical server. I do not believe it supported more than one instance on the same server.

    3) You wanted this information. You had to set up your own server. Or hope that you were grouping with someone that had a server. You had to convince everyone to download, install and configure the plugin.

    4) The problem with this plugin you had to let other people have access to your PC. You never really sure that the only thing being exported was DPS information. This kind of plugin is a good way to seize control of your PC, gather personal information like your Turbine user id and password, credit card info or anything they wanted. Some people like me are not going to do it. I am not installing a program that sends information from my PC to someone's personal server.

    The rich assortment of plugins that you find in a game like World of Warcraft - many of these are not possible in Lotro:

    1) The required information is only available on the server. It is never sent to our clients. Such things such as the number of hate points for aggro calculations.

    2) The required information is sent to the client. It is not exposed to us via the base UI. It is not displayed any where.

    3) The required is exposed to us in the 3-d windows such as floating damage from other members of the group. There is no 'who did it" information and it scrolls off the screen so fast is to be of little use.

    4) It is not made available by the Lua API. It can not be used by developers of plugins.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by pillshatner View Post
    im looking for a meter that shows every1s dps not just mine i know what mine is i wanna see other peoples and post it so i can show you why im removing you from my group im sick of all this talk that it doesnt matter how u play or whatever there is skill in mmo's and ur gonna succeed u gotta have it and learn to play the game.
    You sound like a joy to group with! Seems like WOW would be the better place for you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002c14ef/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload