We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How does one get Iron Band to make bows?

This item is not at the supplier, do i need a metalsmith to make it?

E.

Re: How does one get Iron Band to make bows?

Yes, or check on the AH in the "Crafting: Components" section.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Metalsmith's make them actually. Tier 2 (Journeyman) metalsmiths to be precise. You'll probably be asked to fork over some raw mats to make the bands with, which should be Barrow-Iron Ingots if I'm not mistaken.

You'll run into the same problem in T3 (expert) with Steel Bands (also from Metalsmith), and probably from then on through out the rest of the craft.

I usually ask in /trade (generally in Bree) if there is a metalsmith on who can make a handful. So far, so good - but as the other posters mentioned you need to have them crafted.

I was just about to ask the same question. I'm a very casual player and I play solo. So no guild members to ask. I was a little surprised that I've _never_ seen any of these metal components sold in the auction house. I don't know, maybe they aren't worth selling because people don't need many of them. But I wouldn't might paying a reasonably high price to make myself better weapons. I just bought the access to the woodworker guild to be able to make better stuff, then I found out all the weapons--on expert level if I remember---need a metal component. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Gharrick View Post
    I was just about to ask the same question. I'm a very casual player and I play solo. So no guild members to ask. I was a little surprised that I've _never_ seen any of these metal components sold in the auction house. I don't know, maybe they aren't worth selling because people don't need many of them. But I wouldn't might paying a reasonably high price to make myself better weapons. I just bought the access to the woodworker guild to be able to make better stuff, then I found out all the weapons--on expert level if I remember---need a metal component. :-(
    Kind of a pain, I know. This is a leftover from the original crafting system where the best items in a given tier needed something made by a different crafter. Turbine smoothed out a lot of this stuff, but there are still some bits and piece left, like this one. Best option here is to ask in crafting areas or in OOC/Trade/GLFF chat if someone can make you a few. Also check the crafting areas like in Bree to see if any Metalsmiths are working on stuff. Even better if you have the ingots to give them.

This requirement has not been continued at the higher tiers, so eventually it will go away.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gharrick View Post
    I just bought the access to the woodworker guild to be able to make better stuff, then I found out all the weapons--on expert level if I remember---need a metal component. :-(
    While sadly you've only now realised the way Turbine tried to force people to 'interact' by making everyone dependent on others .. or do what I suspect the majority eventually did and raise a 'stable' of crafting mules .. your investment in Guild membership and raising you rep. will pay off later when you'll be able to forge your own LIs.

Sadly, the advent of LIs made weapon making (both Woodworking and Weaponsmithing) far less useful the previously, since after level 45 you'll only be using LIs for the rest of your leveling life and you'll rarely/never need to make Third Age LIs, however being able to make Second and even First age weapons is still useful.

Until then, as others have said, try asking in chat in one of the crafting locations, these components are very cheap to make and any smith should be able to do so there and then .. and if I were in the vicinity I'd feel embarrassed if I charged you anything for a few seconds work and trivial component usage.
    Last edited by Kerin_Eldar; Apr 11 2013 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks, I guess I will ask around for metal components. I'm level 50 now. Probably not as strong as your average level 50 hunter since I'm solo. I can't use anything legendary yet. I looks like you need to have access to moria, which I don't. I assume you just need access (questpack) and not necessarily the expansion. I got Evendim and Eregion by earning TP with deeds, but moria is a lot more. Anyway, I guess that's a different subject.

Legendary weapons are given to you as part of the EPIC Volume 2 Book 1 quests.

ALL EPIC QUESTS ARE FREE TO ALL PLAYERS.

Get your skinny butt over to the Echad Dunann quest camp in southeast Eregion. Find a dwarf at the camp standing next to a large archway (with a glowing instance entry effect in the arch). He starts Volume 2 Book 1 for you, for free.

Complete all the quests in Volume 2 Book 1 (all those quests are free) and you will have full use of legendary weapons. You will be given your first legendary weapons as part of the Book 1 quests.

Did I mention that ALL epic quests are free to ALL players yet?

Edit. A large part of Volume 2 Book 1 is inside a shared instance area. Not every quest inside this instance is an epic quest. All the quests inside the instance are free, but not all of them are epic quests. Some of them are optional and can be safely ignored. The optional quests are inside two caves in the the instance. One cave is full of lizards and can easily be soloed (and you can get a nice melee weapon from the quests in the lizard cave). The other cave is full of orcs and is harder. The orc cave is meant to be done as a small group but you may not be able to find anyone to group up with (this instance is once only per character and can never be repeated on the same character). You can safely ignore the quests for the orc cave, you will miss out on a bit of exp and a bit of loot, but nothing important. The cave quests are NOT epic quests, so not doing them has NO EFFECT on getting your first legendary weapons.
    Last edited by GarethB; Apr 12 2013 at 02:42 AM.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Lol, thanks very much. Understood. I did just find that out last night. I guess the reason I was thinking you needed to get some kind of moria quest pack or expansion was because of the way the forge master worded it when I tried to identify a legendary item drop I got and could not. He said something like you need to "have access".