We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Public Apology to TDH

Look, sorry for badmouthing you guys today. I've had a really rough week, and most of the problem has been people refusing to group with me.

On Wednesday, I had a sparring event that I thought would be incredibly fun, and I was excited all day for it... and not a single person showed up. So I thought "Oh well, I can still go PvP in the moors." So I go out and there are about 10 people out, and... none of them group with me. Which really frustrated me, because I made a Cappy to group up. In a group, I make everyone around me OP. Solo, I'm a sad, wannabe champ.

On Thursday, I logged in in the moors and... same thing. More like 15 people out, and no one would group. IDK if they just didn't see me (doubtful), but I wasn't invited to any groups and no one would accept invites when I tried to form one.

So, today, I come out ready to have fun after a long, horrible day at work, and I'm psyched to see that Krool and Co. are out. As I wrote in another post, I absolutely love being in a raid led by Krool. I was really excited to be in another Krool raid. But... no one would invite me.

So sorry that I called you guys elitists. Long week, and I didn't mean it.

But, this won't be a problem any more. I'm working on my new, baby Champion, Dracomir. As a Cappy, my fun is ruined if I'm not invited to the group. I do okay in arranged 1v1s, but that's the extent of my awesomeness solo. My champ will be able to solo just fine.

EDIT: Someone took Dracomir already. So I'm Dacomir the champ now :P
    Last edited by Philosomanic; Jan 27 2012 at 09:41 PM.
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

Re: Public Apology to TDH

Come Play Creepside. We try not to leave anyone out when we have a Raid going, but lately there hasn't been enough out to have a Raid going. Anyway, We would love to have you. Make a Warleader You might just like it...

Lol, dude, you have your burg at lvl 70, if you keep making brand new toons you will never be able to do anything >.<
    Besides, Burg>Champ soloing
    I just felt like soloing on my hunt for a bit, cuz it didn't seem as easy to go for a kill in the middle of a creep raid with heals (going behind them and shooting some dude to death in 4 secs worked well tho)
    When i thought about logging Thorfinn my net died and wouldn't accept my rez, so i couldn't come back and it was 4am so I went to bed >.<
    Anyways, don't be a sad panda!!!

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

We don't raid all the time nor even group with each other all the time. Why is this so bad? Hell,l we have even stooped to fighting each other on both sides just to remain entertained.

This is the only game I play where I can log in and get in trouble without even saying a word in public.

Do I get in chat channels and call names demanding that I get to join your group in PvE?

I got no problem with you Drac, but you hit a nerve with some folks in the kin last night and the majority said no to you raiding with us. Nothing I can do about it really. Thats the beauty of 2DH, no one runs the place it just all exists and works. Hell they will even eat their own in this kin.

Take for example last night. Ittty chewed me up and spit me out with his raid. We had glimpses of making a comeback, but not really.

I say this to all who think we are elitist or snobs or whatever.
    We came to Crick to get away from large raiding. But since we have gotten here thats all it seems to be anymore. We've given alot to the moors out here on both sides. From sharing things we've learned, helping out new folks, giving you rivals to compete against, and yes opening up our group to people we don't even know just so we can fight whatever zerg ball is on the other side. Why? Cause we wanna have fun and sometimes we need help. We don't get mad when you say no to us.

Think of 2DH as your neighbor. When you need a cup of sugar come on over an ask for some. But if we don't have any are you gonna throw rocks at the windows?

With the inception of the armor to the Lotro store. I fear the game is beyond the point of no return. The moors were already hard enough to have fun in and this will just make it worse. 2dh only play cause we really have nothing else decent to play together. So give us a break and have some fun in there.

When GW2 hits we will put out a post on where in that game we are going and all will be welcome to come along with us. We hope to start building a good group of people over there.

/salute
    /peace out
    Krool

And Drac, no apology needed. Just have some fun man.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000090924/signature.png]Krool[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]“Fantasy remains a human right. We make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made, and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.” J.R.R. Tolkien[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by scott122675 View Post
    When GW2 hits we will put out a post on where in that game we are going and all will be welcome to come along with us. We hope to start building a good group of people over there.
    Agreed with everything besides that last thing. I personally wouldn't like some people to follow us there, who previously had a problem with us and talked some nasty stuff in public chat channels or similar (doesn't have to do anything wih you Dac, apology accepted . Would rather like to hold narrow circle of people that share same opinion and just want to have fun besides anything else, imho ofcourse.
    *Shapheelz, r10 defiler (Crickhollow)
    *Shapslay, r5 reaver (Crickhollow)
    *Riabo, r9 warden (Crickhollow)
    *Runvat, runekeeper (Crickhollow)

We were getting slaughtered, but that's all the fun in it. Don't mind dying. Had fun, that's all that matters. Thanks to Krool for leading us. Anyone who's led a raid knows how frustrating it is. Krool is one of the best out there. Learn to listen to him, and you'll be amazed at what we can do.

Itty had our number. Our group comp was just bad and focus fire was lacking. It happens. We did the best we could with what we had.

Wish I could be more helpful in raids, but I'm usually dead in the first few seconds, especially when Itty is leading. He loves killing me more than I love dying.

I've nothing but respect for TDH and almost everyone who plays in the Moors. It's a frustrating place on both sides, probably more so on creep side. If it wasn't for TDH though, Crick moors would not be where it is, no matter what you think of what it is now. It's still a place to fight and have fun when you don't let dying get you all butt-hurt.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000472a9/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Itty for president!!!!
    P.S. My current moors wish - see a defiler do some SUPER ### EPIC AWESOME healing while using dying rage, lol
    Think about it, heals at 1,5 their normal values, and halved inductions....200% run speed if needed a bit, and 100% parry chance means you could probably get those inductions off...

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Lol, dude, you have your burg at lvl 70, if you keep making brand new toons you will never be able to do anything >.<
    Besides, Burg>Champ soloing
    Maybe, but after playing a Captain it turns out that heavy armor/self-heals is far more my style that burst stuns and squishiness. Burgs may be better solo, but Champs are still epic, and more my style. Champ is more sustainable and much harder to kill. Also, My little Champ is only lvl 12, but he already has better AoE (for his level) than my Captain. The first time I pulled 5 mobs and killed them all with only one pot and horrid gear, I knew I was gonna like Champ.

Anyways, I'm still going to play my Captain far more than anything else. The difference is, when I get frustrated on my Captain, I'll go play my Champ for a little. It's a much better solution than whining, ragequitting, or saying things I'll regret later. But I hate not having LIs, all my traits, or good gear, so I'm gonna spend most of my time on my Captain. I have a lot of work to do on my LIs, and it's fun to be able to get them perfect.

Anyways, don't be a sad panda!!!
    I'm not, or not anymore. Just had a sadpanda week :P
    Last edited by Philosomanic; Jan 30 2012 at 09:45 AM.
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

My current moors wish - see a defiler do some SUPER ### EPIC AWESOME healing while using dying rage, lol
    Think about it, heals at 1,5 their normal values, and halved inductions....200% run speed if needed a bit, and 100% parry chance means you could probably get those inductions off...
    I guess it could be cool. Probably wouldn't look quite as epic in practice though. What with the guaranteed death after 15s.
    Not to mention you gotta be down to like 3k morale (or maybe 5k, dunno) before you can use dying rage, which if you're being zerged doesn't really encourage one to stop and cast induction skills only to have champs/burgs/&c hammer you down.
    And in 1v1s you'd probably be better off spending your 15s of fame trying to kill your opponent instead of healing yourself. xD
    I suppose one could be completely selfless and instead of running away heal someone else. :/
    But that way lies madness and death and being left behind as the fat kid while everyone else legs it to safety. :/

./end rant
    Also, sorry for derailing the thread.

Also also, I would actually love to see DR used for epic healing, I just have trouble imagining a good situation where it'd work. Know for sure I would botch it up. Slimey could possibly make it work though.
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?285644-A-very-dumb-and-silly-suggestion.]Best way to balance Lotro PvP.[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Philosomanic View Post
    Burgs may be better solo, but Champs are still epic, and more my style. Champ is more sustainable and much harder to kill.
    From personal experience - if you hope to come out as a champ and get kills when it's zergy and not a lot of freeps are out you probably won't live to get a kill, 1,4kills at best with a brand and no heals on target. Burg could do it tho, pretty sure, since he can be at pointblank range from the start :P, but your choice man, i'd prolly get all 3 to 75, if I wasn't so lazy...

From personal experience - if you hope to come out as a champ and get kills when it's zergy and not a lot of freeps are out you probably won't live to get a kill, 1,4kills at best with a brand and no heals on target. Burg could do it tho, pretty sure, since he can be at pointblank range from the start :P, but your choice man, i'd prolly get all 3 to 75, if I wasn't so lazy...
    idk man i can only name 3 burgs that ever got away with attacking full raids by them selves and lived to tell about it. Unless that raid involves no spiders at all. Even the ones that get away still die when they do this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000001d4b9/signature.png]Hawkdriver[/charsig]

Yeah, everyone should L2p :P (how many champs can you name? I think 0, lol since we're talking about soloing when there is a creep zerg out and you run in it and kill something...)
    Last edited by Nifroth; Jan 31 2012 at 10:39 AM.

I run glory so i can run into a raid and hit a few people (not kill but make quagmire really mad :]) and survive.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000073512/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    -Grushak R7 Warg
    -Bruzrat R7 BA

Well, no one does well when it's 1vZerg. But in roughly even numbers, I'd love to trait deep AoE and go reverse zerg the creeps. I drool at the amount of AoE hurt you can put out in a few seconds, especially with deathstorm and both bubbles. I still think it's unfair that my best DPS skill does as much damage to one target as your best AoE skill does to 8 targets. And mine has a 30s cooldown.

I want to see a post-ROI all-champ, all-AoE zergball. Heck, it would only take three or four champs. Battle Frenzy -> Raging Blade -> Deathstorm -> Horn -> Rend -> Raging Blade -> Blade-Storm... the raid of creeps around you slow-motion collapses into piles of meat.

I know it's not actually that easy, but still. A well-coordinated group of AoE champs should be able to eviscerate anything foolish enough to get within 5m.

You can certainly run into a creep raid with a long sprint, give a few hits here and there and survive to tell the tale... if you're lucky and they don't have a pack of wargs to send after you =D. No glory needed really, just the long sprint. Couple it with cbr timed right and all the bubbles and you can be Mister Annoying =D.

And Acro, going all-out AoE against a big creep raid is TONS of fun. Single hits are possibly slightly weaker BUT considering the number of people you can hit and the number of AoE attacks you can manage with a short Deathstorm (or whatever they call it now) cd it really pays off. And, as said, tons of fun. Not to mention the Heroics Ardour effect. And yes, the few times I was out with 3 or more other champs... it was amazing.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    And Acro, going all-out AoE against a big creep raid is TONS of fun. Single hits are possibly slightly weaker BUT considering the number of people you can hit and the number of AoE attacks you can manage with a short Deathstorm (or whatever they call it now) cd it really pays off. And, as said, tons of fun. Not to mention the Heroics Ardour effect. And yes, the few times I was out with 3 or more other champs... it was amazing.

I would try to organize a scheduled Champion AoE group in the moors, but I bet the creeps would all log off for it. Still, every time we get good groups out there I hope a few AoE champions will show up. When it's raid v raid, I'd take two AoE Champions over three Hunters any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosomanic View Post
    I would try to organize a scheduled Champion AoE group in the moors, but I bet the creeps would all log off for it. Still, every time we get good groups out there I hope a few AoE champions will show up. When it's raid v raid, I'd take two AoE Champions over three Hunters any day.
    I will honestly try to come out more... some day. =D
    Quit.

Eeeeh, this reminded of the good ol days when there was stuff to aoe with

Result

Eeeeh, this reminded of the good ol days when there was stuff to aoe with

Good times... *tear* I miss my bro champs so much!
    Quit.

I just wonder how you got Kickstand in a group.
    Xalfang R10 warg, Xalweb R8 Spidey, Xalgnakah R8 Defiler/Bruzrat's pocket-healer, Euanggelion R8 Warden.

Funny how we miss the earlier RoI times, even tho with RoI came sadness and despair...and broken things, and MOAR npc love

Quote Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
    I just wonder how you got Kickstand in a group.
    Getting CG Kickstand into a group wasn't all that difficult, keeping him happy enough to prevent leaving though required some effort most of the time.
    Quit.

Obviously I haven't missed much!

Quote Originally Posted by scott122675 View Post
    Although, it does look like I have been gone from vent too long!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

Quote Originally Posted by Zynixa View Post
    Obviously I haven't missed much!

Although, it does look like I have been gone from vent too long!!!!
    ya,was alrdy wondering where you've been Im currently chillin out on one of our beatiful islands, explorin nature and taking little break from LOTRo. Just wanted to say hi to all of 2dh, miss ya guys (and girls) alrdy. See you all soon. DOM!:P
    *Shapheelz, r10 defiler (Crickhollow)
    *Shapslay, r5 reaver (Crickhollow)
    *Riabo, r9 warden (Crickhollow)
    *Runvat, runekeeper (Crickhollow)

[QUOTE=Nifroth;5964393]Eeeeh, this reminded of the good ol days when there was stuff to aoe with

Woot check out my phat lootz!
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000059ebb/signature.png]Iamthenerfbat[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]