We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Coop of the Cluck -- I've Got Nobuddy

For those that do not know, Blackadder got himself into a bit a trouble years back and the product of them troubles keep showing up now and then. My boys are a bit rough around the edges, but that's the luck of having burglar as a dad. Well, one of them wanted me to give him a bit of a background. You know me, what started as a short paragraph turned quickly into a story. So here it is:

Coop of the Cluck -- I've Got Nobuddy

Re: Coop of the Cluck -- I've Got Nobuddy

that is awsome pops thanks

Excellent tale. Now don't keep the reader hanging...

Quote Originally Posted by Noridan View Post
    Excellent tale. Now don't keep the reader hanging...
    I'm not positive but i think the hobbit he is refering to is the one that gives burglars their legendary trait quests. So really its more of a "and the rest is history" kind of ending. At least thats what i got from it. Good story!

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    ... its more of a "and the rest is history" kind of ending. At least thats what i got from it. Good story!
    Suppose one would have to be a burglar to know this. Sometimes the best compliment any writer can get is that someone would enjoy reading more of their work. I thought I was reading a beginning not an ending...

...at least that's what I got from it.

Nice trip down memory road. Sometimes miss the days when making it to Bree on a toon felt like an achievment....

Yeah, these days making it to the Elf Camp is an achievement.

Thanks for all the awesome comments.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    I'm not positive but i think the hobbit he is refering to is the one that gives burglars their legendary trait quests. So really its more of a "and the rest is history" kind of ending. At least thats what i got from it. Good story!

Quote Originally Posted by Noridan View Post
    Suppose one would have to be a burglar to know this. Sometimes the best compliment any writer can get is that someone would enjoy reading more of their work. I thought I was reading a beginning not an ending...

...at least that's what I got from it.
    You are both sooo right in so many ways.

I ended it with an open-ended drop because the story was about Nobuddy, not Blackadder. So the story did end at that moment because Blackadder was simply the catalyst to a great adventure for the young man. It is true that you would have to know the burglar trainer in Bree to get it, but that is half the fun of leaving it open-ended...lol

And the story is a beginning because its Nobuddy's story and his story is just beginning. It's his tale to tell as he sees fit..whether through stories or deeds. The hope in ending the story that way is to make the reader wonder and when they see Nobuddy in the game actually be interested in possibly knowing what happened next. Who knows, maybe a few will do just that.

Thanks again for the comments. I truly appreciate them.