We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Screenshot your hotbars

I am a new bard er mini and wanting to see how a veterans hotbars are set up so i may try to grasp how to more easilly gett used to and with confidence in healing as well as soloing.So I was hopeing to see some folks screen shot your hotbar set up and I thank you much!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000033a380/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Screenshot your hotbars

Remember...you asked for this!

Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Jan 25 2012 at 03:28 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

This mini is far from being a veteran, but at 55 her hotbars are already quite filled. And as you can see on her Gift of the Hammerhand, she's absolutely uber-leet.

Hotbars

UI

The general layout of her skills will never change again; the main bar is for dpsing, the alt-bar is for healing. 0 is always my Oh-####-button, on all chars regardless of class. And when she comes into a level range where she will regularly have to swap gear and legendaries, I will add another hotbar.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]"HELP!!!!??"[/COLOR] is not an appropriate thread title.
    Only fools use [COLOR="#FF0000"]apostrophes[/COLOR] in a plural. That's when they're called fool's apostrophes.

Well, this should give everyone a laugh... 8-)

First off, I pretty much play exclusively as a healer in a trio. I almost never play any other way, and only solo when I'm forced to by all those horrible solo-only quests they gated half of the Isengard quests behind, grr!

Because of the above, parts of my key setup probably wouldn't work for most people 8-)

I also steer with the mouse and the arrow keys, I've never understood people wasting the perfectly good w, a, s and d hotkeys on movement 8-)

To target my little group, I have Home set to target me, / on the number pad to target the tank, and - on the numberpad to target the DPS (the group is always in the same order, tank invites DPS first then me). * on the numberpad is AutoFollow.

This frees up the F-keys for me, so I have:-

The main bar ( 1 to = ) as my main Heal things, and the four Anthems I twist during fights.

The F-keys as my nukes for when I have to solo.

I use exactly the same setup on my Rune-Keeper too, so if she's healing a fight it's 1 to =, if she's nuking it's F1 to F12, basically I just move my hands up or down an inch to swap roles 8-)

I also like to have common in-combat skills as a single key, things I don't want to accidentally press as key combos, and anything out-of-combat doesn't really matter as I can take my time. Thus I re-assigned all the interface keys to be Shift and that key, for example Character Sheet is Shift-C, Inventory is Shift-I, map is Shift-M etc. That frees up C, I, M and all the other ones for use as in-combat hotkeys.

Some of the keys have multiple binds to them, just to make it easier to remember on different characters. For example, Song of Aid appears to be bound to R up there, but A points to the same slot too. So my Champion hits R to activate Red Haze, while my Minstrel hits A to activate Song of Aid, but they're both in that slot.

Because it's always the same group, we make Fellowship Manoeuvres a bit easier by having our main one pre-set: Tank does Green, DPS does Yellow, and I do Blue (Will of the Strong). To make this quicker and easier, + on the numberpad is Assist Tank, and Enter on the numberpad is the appropriate colour (for me, green). The arrows on the numberpad (2,4,6 and 8) are set to the wheel in case we want to do something different (so all green would be everyone hit the right arrow / 6 key).

Very occasionally there will be four of us, in which case End is set to target the fourth group member, and they'll fire off Red at the end to give us Noble's Honour.

Should I have to heal anything larger, which is extremely rare, I click the portraits, as I'll be staring at them anyway 8-)

The above screenshot is from a few months ago, but I've only changed a few things since.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

I have My AoE attacks, ballads and emergency heal & power pot on my bar.
    [center]"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart." - Marcus Aelius Aurelius [/center]

Here's a diagram I made up a little while ago. Underneath are some common combinations I have tied to some macros.

And here's another little diagram that shows how I map the numeric keypad for the minstrel.

--Harper
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Smile Re: Screenshot your hotbars

Wow thank you guys soo much i believe this will help me alot as i too tend to use my 1-0 keys with my healing toward er starting at 1 ty ty!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000033a380/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Callia_EU View Post

<snip>
    That is a really interesting layout, and I mean that in the best way possible! I love that you used the letters that make sense with the skill names. It would be fun to try out some keybindings like that, but I'm afraid my muscle memory is too ingrained to let me move things around too much at this point.

I do mostly soloing and questing, and for healing I do a mix of keybindings and mouse clicks, so this probably isn't really helpful at all, but hey, it's fun. Now that I look at it, there are a few I really ought to change. Like that /slap alias.

I have a vertical hotbar on the side for clicking on my non-urgent or less-frequently-used skills:

My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

I click my skills. I keep my ballads in a row with the anthems underneath them, I keep my healing skills somewhat grouped together.

It's always interesting to see other peoples quickslots, because they generally don't make sense to me. It just goes to show how each person plays. Amazing really lol
    [URL=http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/foustthejosh/media/download1_zps6a10fd02.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/foustthejosh/download1_zps6a10fd02.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My current skillbar layout. I like to place the skills in groups, anthems near anthems etc, creating some sort of logic (in my mind). I use hotkeys for the most frequently used skills, keeping the mouse free. The songbooks in top right corner are my healbook and my solo/buffbook, hotkeyed for quick swapping. As noted in the picture the top bar is a Tonicbar with potions, that only appears when holding Shift (seems like Buffbars doesn't always show potions correctly). The stances, tales, tracking skills, mentor skills, travel skills, some horse skills, fun skills and consumables are on a separate extensionbar from Tonicbars.
    [center]Asylum - [EN] Gilrain[/center]

I must say that some of the bars I saw made me dizzy lol they seem so... confuse ._.
    Why don't you match the colours of the skills with its neighbour? T.T

I must say that I hate using the keyboard for things other than moving and using the skills from 1 to 4, and it's quite easy to switch 1-9 with C+1~C+9 when I need to dps
    Last edited by YuYuu; Jan 27 2012 at 08:45 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001e8f2b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

When will you display my crafting advancement, turbine? :/

I havn't grouped much until now (55) so i only have a dps oriented quickslot layout...

and since my main is a rk I kite a lot with my minstrel as well so the dps skills are easy to reach while moving

the rest of the skills are on a different bar at the side of my screen
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

Quote Originally Posted by YuYuu View Post
    I must say that some of the bars I saw made me dizzy lol they seem so... confuse ._.
    Why don't you match the colours of the skills with its neighbour? T.T

I must say that I hate using the keyboard for things other than moving and using the skills from 1 to 4, and it's quite easy to switch 1-9 with C+1~C+9 when I need to dps
    finally someone with same bars like me .... as healer, i want my heals fast and simple ... so all on 1-6 ...

will post my pic later.

looking around on others bar, i am wondering "w t f, how you heal with that?"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000031bb2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Whitywindle creep -->> Rakbash(R5) - wargnub :)

How do people play with those strange hotbars...
    All i can think of :d

I've tried to re-organize mine a bit once but at that time when i wanted to heal someone i stopped my tale.
    When i wanted to shield someone i went to remove people's dread so that didn't really work out.
    Looked at a old screenshot of mine to change all back as it was and never changed anything again

Most numbers close to WASD i press instead of click.
    I don't use shift and ctrl for upper rows but mouse4 and mouse5 (2 buttons leftside of mouse)
    and i like the anthems together like that

Hurzu R10 Stalker - Bushyasta R7 Warleader
    Sampoo R8 Minstrel

The 3x5 with Warspeech and the stances is via buffbars, and is toggled to come up when I hit shift.
    [CENTER][FONT=book antiqua][B]Maradie Dyer[/B]
    [I]Mythgard
    [/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
    Hoc est quo deum antecedatis:
    ille extra patientiam malorum est, vos supra patientiam.

Quote Originally Posted by Callia_EU View Post

[image]

I also steer with the mouse and the arrow keys, I've never understood people wasting the perfectly good w, a, s and d hotkeys on movement 8-)
    Well.................... ..that sure is an interesting setup..

Sure that might work if you're always playing with the same group (which I suspect not a lot of players do) but I wouldn't be able to pull that setup off. While using keys that make sense letter-wise to the skills bound to that key sould be interesting, the reason most people use WASD as movement keys I suspect is because of the many adjacent and easily accessible keys. I suspect that's why those keys came to be the most common default movement-keys in many games way back in the days.

That and the fact that most people use their right hand on the mouse and the easiest area to access without rearranging your desk when playing is the left hand side of the keyboard. It's a natural area to keep your left hand.

But enough of the WASD-reflections, here's how I setup my skillbars:

I always set these two options to ease up fellowship-play; "Enable skill target forwarding" and "Show vitals of targets selection".
    Those two options enables you to select a fellowship member and as long as he has a target selected, your attack skills will hit his target. That way you can target the tank, heal him and alternate attack skills and always hit whatever he's attacking and thereby lowering the risk of unnecessary aggro.

As for my skill-bars:

Main skillbar: Mainly solo-skills

Quick-slots 1:
    Num 1-3 - Solo/Close-combat skills
    Num 4 -6 - Ballads
    Num 7-9 - Anthems I use often
    Num 0 - Raise the Spirit
    Num Comma - Bolster Courage
    Num Plus - Coda

Quick Slots 2:
    Ctrl+1-4 - Skills I rarely use and/or pots
    Alt+Del, Alt+End, Alt+PgDown - Skills I rarely use
    Unbound
    NumLock, Num Div, Num Mult - Anthems
    Num Min - Melody of Battle

Quick-slots 3:
    Alt+1-4 - Skills I rarely use
    Alt+Ins, Alt+Home, Alt+PgUp - Skills I rarely use
    Unbound
    Alt+NumLock, Alt+Num Div, Alt+Num Mult - Fellowship heavy skills
    Alt+Num Min - Triumphant Spirit

Quick Slots 5: Always hidden
    Purely cosmetical items such as Pipe-weed and macros on this skillbar.

Quick-slots 4:
    Self-buffs, Stances, Instruments and Out-of-combat revival skills

Whenever I solo, I can alternate two play-styles;
    Mouse movement, targeting with either the mouse or tab and Main skillbar skills.
    ..or..
    WASD-movement, tab-targeting and Num-pad skills

In fellowships I generally keep my right hand on Num-pad for skills while I use the F1-F6 buttons for targeting.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0100002292c3/signature.png]Nagslime[/charsig]
    [B]R.I.P Mom! - March 09, 2012[/B][/CENTER]

Based off of Mini's being able to attack on the move and have to be still while healing:

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

UltraPro Mother****ing hotbar!!

+

1-Song of sooting.
    2-Raise the spirit.
    3-Boulster Courage.
    4-Chord of salvation.
    5-Inspire fellows.
    6-Soliloqui.
    7-Rally.

+

1-Triunphant Spirit.
    2-Fellowship heart.
    3-Anthem of Compossure.
    4-Anthem of the Third Age.
    5-Micro (mumble).
    6-Anthem of War.
    7-Anthem of the free peoples.
    8-Coda.
    9-Anthem of Prowess.
    10-Morale potion.
    11-Cry of Chorus.
    12-Power Potion.

1*Still as death.
    2*Hobbit-silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetadoc View Post
    UltraPro Mother****ing hotbar!!

+

1-Song of sooting.
    2-Raise the spirit.
    3-Boulster Courage.
    4-Chord of salvation.
    5-Inspire fellows.
    6-Soliloqui.
    7-Rally.

+

1-Triunphant Spirit.
    2-Fellowship heart.
    3-Anthem of Compossure.
    4-Anthem of the Third Age.
    5-Micro (mumble).
    6-Anthem of War.
    7-Anthem of the free peoples.
    8-Coda.
    9-Anthem of Prowess.
    10-Morale potion.
    11-Cry of Chorus.
    12-Power Potion.

1*Still as death.
    2*Hobbit-silence.

We're not worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Harperelle View Post
    Here's a diagram I made up a little while ago. Underneath are some common combinations I have tied to some macros.

And here's another little diagram that shows how I map the numeric keypad for the minstrel.

--Harper
    how do you macro your # pad for all those skills? certain type of keyboard or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyah View Post

We're not worthy!
    Surrender to the power of the anthem!

i messed around with my UI today so this is new to me to \o/
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

I Still got a lot of reworking to do but the added bar down the lefthand side works well with me still being a "mouse healer" (tried to rework to have heals in 1-4 but awkward on my laptop). Also have a tonic bar that activates anthems right above my portrait (top left) when in combat, so pretty much all my attention can be focused to the left hand side when healing in a raid or fellow.

Idk, i am use to solo/WS so i tried to keep everything i need balled up in the left of my main hotbar, and as you move to the right its more CD and less used skills.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast