We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    367

    Total Creep OP Rant

    Ok, its time to put it all on the table. The creeps are overpowered to the max, and here's why broken down by class:

    1. Warleaders - Ok, Chiron is cute...I mean really, really smexy......but I can't touch him. With mitigations through the roof I can't even hug him, much less get the obligatory grope of those smexy muscles. I'm really ticked here. Warleaders shouldn't be able to run into EC and tickle me and then run out without so much as a good morning kiss. Its not right. Really, it ain't. I feel used.

    2. Defilers - Now come on! Stackable disease goop on the ground. I'm calling the EPA on this one. I'm sure that breaks the Kyoto Protocols. I wouldn't mind it so much if I got to wear those nifty skull things, but I'm stuck wearing freaking pajamas!

    3. Blackarrows - Ok, this one really ticks me off. Two shotting me while i'm practicing stealing from Medo or Whizzy is really, really annoying. Fire is bad enough, but the nuke ability now blows everything away. My life insurance payments have gone up astronomically since that update. And now that they can see a stealthed flea on the back of a wandering badger's bootie from 10 miles away, I don't even see the need for stealthing any more. I walk into the moors and my chat window fills up immediately with "You feel as if someone is following you". I see you, I track you....I KEEEL YOU! Guess I really have no choice. Time to go to plan B. I'm retraiting my LI so that I can get good relics on my new Burglar Nail Gun of the Second Age. Try to evade with a few nails in your feet! HA!

    4. Weavers - I'm calling foul on this one. I mean really foul, as in gross. Spider poop on the ground, come on! It sticks to everything. They won't take my dry cleaning anymore! And those stupid pets.....don't even get me started. Tracking me even in stealth. I hate that. If I wanted something to chase me and bite me after I go into stealth I'd have Straego follow along with me....wait, that was my outside voice.

    5. Stalkers - Hairy, full of fleas and hiding in the back to bite once and run. You guys sound like my mother-in-law.

    I know I'm missing something...what could it be...hmmm...oh, yeah!

    6. Reavers (an afterthought) - I could say a lot about reavers....well, maybe a few things...ok, maybe not. All I will say about them is that I feel sorry for the good ones, the vets that fight to the death slapping around freeps to get to my bleeding BLEEEP in the back. The greenie pack makes u guys look sooooo bad.

    Ok, so there are the classes and my rant to them. Other than the massive speed buff and ongoing stun immunities that makes burgs worthless in the moors now, i'm sure there will be lots of fun. Going up against a stun immune, mitigation negated rank 0 anything that has 12k morale with me sitting at 7.5k morale is lots of fun. Next time I'm just gonna ask the creep out to dinner and the sneak out during desert so they are stuck with the check.

    Oh, and smile. It's all a stupid game, really stupid with the current desire by Turbine to destroy the PvP environment, but hey, the game part is still in effect.

    Come on...laugh. It ain't that bad!
    Last edited by stravos; Jan 23 2012 at 09:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    ./no comment

    /10chars


    chatter at you in-game sometime blackie.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  3. #3

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    O_o >.>


    Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Large groups just isnt the burglars thing. The bigger the group the less value we have. We are a squishy melee class that creeps naturally hate. If they see one they want us dead. Find that BA that likes to pew pew from a little too far away from the rest of the raid. Maybe that defiler that fell behind while using his long induction heal. 4 PvP pieces helps wonders in taking down defilers/WLs with the -50% incoming healing. I couldnt kill a R6 defiler without it. Wargs are normally just a small annoyance if you KO when they jump you. Try running AoE dust if you know theres a pack out. They normally pounce at about the same time and it only takes one AoE to pop a few. As for the tracks I cant help you there. All burglars are victim to spam tracks now a days. Just gotta make sure you someplace safe when you get tracked if at all possible and maybe even let them build a few up before you drop them. They have a 1m CD. use that small window to find the BA whos strayed too far from the group. Spiders are pretty meh. Only one i ever get real nervous around is straegos spider and the rest are pretty low. Point being if your in a group and you come under focus fire you have to get out quick. Even if what few healers we have are paying attention to you the BAs will melt you too quickly.

    P.S
    Chiron is tough. I have yet to figure out a way to solo him and it sickens me to seem him run though TR lol'ing as the wimpy npcs tickle him for a mean 150 a hit. The dudes a beast and theres nothing you can do. WLs are just the anti burg. Good luck out there though!
    Beardzilla - R12 Burglar, LonelyLobster - R6 Hunter, NotLobster - R10 Spider, FreeBaOne - R10 Black Arrow, BadPuppy - R8 Warg, TheFister - R6 Reaver

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    367

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    ./facepalm

    This was actually meant as a humorous diversion for those that are getting a bit frustrated with the changes in the Moors. sorry if anyone took me seriously. It's humor....go figure. Yeah, the changes are tough, but i'm getting reknown out there so we must still be able to do something. Its really tough lately, but at least there is stuff to do.

    Sorry again if anyone took me seriously. lol.

  6. #6

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    Large groups just isnt the burglars thing. The bigger the group the less value we have. We are a squishy melee class that creeps naturally hate. If they see one they want us dead. Find that BA that likes to pew pew from a little too far away from the rest of the raid. Maybe that defiler that fell behind while using his long induction heal. 4 PvP pieces helps wonders in taking down defilers/WLs with the -50% incoming healing. I couldnt kill a R6 defiler without it. Wargs are normally just a small annoyance if you KO when they jump you. Try running AoE dust if you know theres a pack out. They normally pounce at about the same time and it only takes one AoE to pop a few. As for the tracks I cant help you there. All burglars are victim to spam tracks now a days. Just gotta make sure you someplace safe when you get tracked if at all possible and maybe even let them build a few up before you drop them. They have a 1m CD. use that small window to find the BA whos strayed too far from the group. Spiders are pretty meh. Only one i ever get real nervous around is straegos spider and the rest are pretty low. Point being if your in a group and you come under focus fire you have to get out quick. Even if what few healers we have are paying attention to you the BAs will melt you too quickly.
    This is a large part of why I swapped to Captain. I still get to play melee support (which is what I'm best at, and enjoy the most), but I'm much harder to down. I usually have time to run for cover and/or start getting healed before I go down, and if not I pop IHW/LS and go down in a blaze of glory.

    Speaking of which, since when did I turn into a priority target? Was out there on saturday and creeps would be targeting me almost constantly. Really scary seeing a mob of angry creeps all looking like they're gonna go after me any second...



    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    Chiron is tough. I have yet to figure out a way to solo him and it sickens me to seem him run though TR lol'ing as the wimpy npcs tickle him for a mean 150 a hit. The dudes a beast and theres nothing you can do. WLs are just the anti burg. Good luck out there though!
    Seriously! I consider myself pretty good at 1v1s (Except against burgs and Itty), but the best I can do is duel him to a standstill after 15 minutes of fighting. Has anyone beat this guy, ever?
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

  7. #7

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Lol, Black, I thought it MUST have been a joke, but I just wasn't sure XD with people going crazy during the past months (me inclusive) Here's a vid to back up your claims of wargs being OP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ02flAVmmg

    @ Acro, Pre Isen I did have a few downings 1v1 (Ofc i died more >.<) :P have to try might Glory build tho, hohohoho


    Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by stravos View Post
    ./facepalm

    This was actually meant as a humorous diversion for those that are getting a bit frustrated with the changes in the Moors. sorry if anyone took me seriously. It's humor....go figure. Yeah, the changes are tough, but i'm getting reknown out there so we must still be able to do something. Its really tough lately, but at least there is stuff to do.

    Sorry again if anyone took me seriously. lol.
    I figured it was mostly humor but i sensed a bit of seriousness in it. Just throwin out some tips for ya if you need em.
    Beardzilla - R12 Burglar, LonelyLobster - R6 Hunter, NotLobster - R10 Spider, FreeBaOne - R10 Black Arrow, BadPuppy - R8 Warg, TheFister - R6 Reaver

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Lol, Black, I thought it MUST have been a joke, but I just wasn't sure XD with people going crazy during the past months (me inclusive) Here's a vid to back up your claims of wargs being OP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ02flAVmmg

    @ Acro, Pre Isen I did have a few downings 1v1 (Ofc i died more >.<) :P have to try might Glory build tho, hohohoho
    Not bad....but i think i could take him
    Beardzilla - R12 Burglar, LonelyLobster - R6 Hunter, NotLobster - R10 Spider, FreeBaOne - R10 Black Arrow, BadPuppy - R8 Warg, TheFister - R6 Reaver

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    186

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    The most OP creep out there is Badegg, for sure. The guy is immortal!!! He rushes you like a mad dog, you think you kill him, but by the time you get out of combat, he's there again!!!



    He's like Jason with a bow and arrows...
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    367

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    I figured it was mostly humor but i sensed a bit of seriousness in it. Just throwin out some tips for ya if you need em.
    Yeah, there is a drop of seriousness in there. Definitely seeing a crazy change out in PvMPland. And now they are talking about adjusting the creeps again! Ugh!

    But with seriousness comes a good tempering of humor. I've learned that the hard way. I'm not going down that road again. If I start to get a little irked I step back and think of something funny. It has really helped and got me back out in the moors with my feelings firmly squashed under the boots of Angmar.

    And OMG! Jason! Now THAT should be a BA skin!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    732

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    i hadn't seen the patch notes for this... i heard they didn't fix the mitigations...

    Did they actually buff creeps? I did not think that was going to happen.

  13. #13

    AW: Total Creep OP Rant

    Sauron calls to battle. On 06.02.2012 on the server Belegaer.
    Let us all unite and fight together monster. 19:00 European time

    Lg Gluck

  14. #14

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    @ Acro, Pre Isen I did have a few downings 1v1 (Ofc i died more >.<) :P have to try might Glory build tho, hohohoho
    Yeah, I guess that if any class could take him on it would probably be a Champ. You have self-heals/defense nearly as good as us Cappies (better post-ROI), skills to combat kiting, better power restoration, and staggering DPS output.

    I could heal through his damage pretty easy, but I couldn't do enough damage to make him burn through all of his power in under five minutes.



    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    All burglars are victim to spam tracks now a days.
    No, no, no! Burgs have it easy. It's the poor liddle wargies who are victims to the cruel, OP, spam tracks that freeps get. Or that's what this Warg claims, anyways. Nerf freep tracking!

    I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that post :P
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

  15. #15

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Philosomanic View Post
    Yeah, I guess that if any class could take him on it would probably be a Champ. You have self-heals/defense nearly as good as us Cappies (better post-ROI), skills to combat kiting, better power restoration, and staggering DPS output.
    Hmm, normally people just call it general OPness (makes me wonder, is it possible to name a toon OP and in a few years actually see - Captain-general OP Hero of Legend)


    Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

  16. #16

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Thx black for the honorable mention....Just wish it was my spider in the weaver section instead of my guard.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000059ebb/signature.png]Iamthenerfbat[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  17. #17

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    Pre-Isen, I beat Chiron. Post, close, but no.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000472a9/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18

    Re: Total Creep OP Rant

    This whole thread is invalid.

    Jason should be a weaver skin!
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload