We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: The Great Captain Solo Thread

Today, completly bored i tryied to do STH T2 HM- and i did. Never consider that actually is a challenge till some friends told me that i was one of the first.

I run in Dragon Set- with head ToO- Menestaid- LTC traits, and on last fight after 3 wipes i took Ghost.

Probaly the major problems are 10 s stuns, so on beginning i order ghost to attack Man, and then i click evasion. First i get down ork, tactic hit and run, muster courage for heals, and hoping for critt to RC. When RC on cooldown i try not to fight at all, just run. Orc going down pretty fast, and when i have only man to kill i very simple. Going to start another run to make some screens

Snowbourne server- Heurodis cpt 75

are there some pll who solo Sammath gul first boss? I did it, u should try it

Got challenge in Warg Pens instance solo, did this instance before solo, but couldnt get challenge, so here is pic only with challenge http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20Pans%20HM/

So I had never been to STH before, but after seeing this thread I decided to check it out and give soloing it a shot. Was a lot of wiping and a lot of frustration, but finally I got it! Pretty exciting for the end bosses, actually

A lot of these "solo feats" on threads like this ususally confuse me, as I never really saw the point in them. They often take forever, involve lots of dying - and the rewards are bad, especially considering the effort you put into them.

But when it comes to Stoneheight, I have to say - that is one nice place to solo at. It's quick and easy (at least on tier1) and extremely rewarding. I did it just once or twice other day and got like 11 50k runes and over 35 tier4 relics after deconstructing my boxes. It's almost insane how good of a place this is to solo at.

So just want to say the guy above has the right idea, and if any Captains here are needing relics and runes for their LIs, there is no better place to hang out than that place. To be honest I think it's a little too good.

AW: The Great Captain Solo Thread

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some tips on soloing. I seen people solo limlight Moria inis and i just wonder how. Basically I should be alright mostly on gear wise. got Menestaid complete, Tognir complete, draigoch complete working on draigoch, 3 pieces of Etten blue (Perservance) and working on dagor. come at tactical cap and still have around 20% crit and buffed with my morale standard 9-10k morale. Still using 2. Za emblem and weapon. I usually run blue -> improve banner, optimism, nfw and fear no darkness, yellow -> Defiance and tactical prowess and red -> expert attacks.

Now I tried stuff like fil gashan which usually goes fine untill the 2nd boss even managed to pull the entire kitchen at once and kill them due to rc every 6 seconds , the stairs got some hard spots what however annoys me most are the limlight creeps i mean they should be soloable, managed a spider today but not reliable jet that i manage it each time, however i would like to know if you manage stuff like those trolls the 140k spiders huorns and stuff and more over what tactics you use to do this.

Since i have mostly played my cappi in raid or group modus have done tanking with it including roots of fangorn and foundry t2 solo healed foundry and basically most of roots as well (dead healer) and in raids its all fine just the solo part i havent done to much outside of the basic leveling. thanks in advance.

Re: AW: The Great Captain Solo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaris View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some tips on soloing. I seen people solo limlight Moria inis and i just wonder how. Basically I should be alright mostly on gear wise. got Menestaid complete, Tognir complete, draigoch complete working on draigoch, 3 pieces of Etten blue (Perservance) and working on dagor. come at tactical cap and still have around 20% crit and buffed with my morale standard 9-10k morale. Still using 2. Za emblem and weapon. I usually run blue -> improve banner, optimism, nfw and fear no darkness, yellow -> Defiance and tactical prowess and red -> expert attacks.

Now I tried stuff like fil gashan which usually goes fine untill the 2nd boss even managed to pull the entire kitchen at once and kill them due to rc every 6 seconds , the stairs got some hard spots what however annoys me most are the limlight creeps i mean they should be soloable, managed a spider today but not reliable jet that i manage it each time, however i would like to know if you manage stuff like those trolls the 140k spiders huorns and stuff and more over what tactics you use to do this.

Since i have mostly played my cappi in raid or group modus have done tanking with it including roots of fangorn and foundry t2 solo healed foundry and basically most of roots as well (dead healer) and in raids its all fine just the solo part i havent done to much outside of the basic leveling. thanks in advance.
    When I solo Spiders and Tress in Lime Light I find ICMR to be a pretty important stat. A high ICMR teamed up with Revealing Mark does wonders for your surviability - so you may want to try that. I can often times take them out without ever dipping below 5k in morale for example, and can kill them very safely and reliably.

Now if you want to take on the trolls I'll let you talk to someone else. Me and Trolls dont' get along

AW: The Great Captain Solo Thread

^Just wondering, what gear do you use and what spec? and i heard beleriand damage doesnt work too well against the trees...

Re: AW: The Great Captain Solo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaris View Post
    ^Just wondering, what gear do you use and what spec? and i heard beleriand damage doesnt work too well against the trees...
    I use the Menestaid and Exemplar set and a lot of Fate/Vitality/Agility gear to fill in the holes Anomaris. My spec is Hands of Healing. I have Beleriand damage on my Great Sword and it doesn't prevent me from being able to kill them. I'm sure using a different and more appropriate damage-type would help, but no way I'm going to swap out scrolls on my LIs just so I can kill trees faster.

I"m sure my way isn't the only way to kill trees though. If you like a more offensive approach I'm sure that could work as well. I don't know what server you're on, but if you are on Nimrodel give me a ring and I'll show you how I take out trees and spiders if you like.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jun 10 2012 at 10:26 PM.

You guys managed to solo Limlight trolls? I just soloed one for the first time Too bad I don't have a pic, but as soon as I do it again I'll screenshot it and post here

Quote Originally Posted by Neverwhere616 View Post
    I thought someone had tried to start one of these before, but after browsing 10 pages deep I wasn't able to find it.
    May be a bit old now but I found it. Don't know how up to date anything in it will be now. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?411455-Captain-Solo-List

I know this has been done before ... nevertheless I want to share my video of soloing Barz. It was challenging and great fun

Hmmm, haven't tried a bunch of these instances, but I think it would be fun to try them for sure.

For my list, I know at 65 I soloed:
    Garth Agarwen, every wing.
    Fornost, the long version.

Then at 75 I've soloed:
    Carn Dum
    Urugath
    Barad Gularan.

Don't belive I've tried the Moria/Mirkwood/Isengard instances. I'll have to give them a shot.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/Annatar_2007/signature_prayer_zpse71bebfe.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#0000cd][B]Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon[/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers[/COLOR][/B]

[/CENTER]

Soloing on Captain

So far the soloing is getting fun with the Captain and I am now running through The School at Tham Mirdain at level 75 (All 3 bosses but can't put out books for the challenge). Have done several other things solo and am looking forward to trying the Fangorns Edge one today. Captain are awesome to play!

-Update-

I have gone through the school instance at level 75 settings 6 times now with no deaths and it is easy. Health never drops below half and power always good. Very fun solo run to do all 3 bosses, just wish I could save the books...lol!

I did do the Fangorns Edge 3 man level 75 instance solo through the first boss and saved the 4 Hurons with no deaths. On the final fight I managed to kill 2 of the 3 trolls but kept loosing the Ents so it would reset. Never died but didn't have enough DPS to take the Trolls down in time to win the entire instance. (note: the boss in the middle of the 4 hurons with 170,000+ morale was a fun fight solo)
    Last edited by adamantiumdragon; Sep 09 2012 at 07:46 AM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/Ellandor][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000c4fc/01002/signature.png]Ellandor[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://dawningeclipse.shivtr.com]Dawning Eclipse[/url]
    “I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.”

Awesome thread! I have a question about screenshots.

How are some of you able to post screenshots directly to the forum, and others, (my self included), able to post
    only LINKS of screenshots?

Thought I would revive this thread. I logged on late last night and was the only one of my kin online so I thought to try solo T1 Iobar Peak level 85. Was very surprised but managed to complete it. Got stunned during boss fight and let some addes get to the egg, otherwise they were pretty easy to kill on T1. Screenies below

Loot was pretty &&&& however, just a bunch of bounties.

What else have people being doing solo now that we are 85
    Last edited by snakeeyes00; Mar 20 2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Screenies werent showing, so replaced them
    Camaris, Level 100 LM of Elendilmir.

I haven't been able to get in much solo action lately, alas. Going to have to try it, though.

If we can solo the new 3-mans (or at least Iorbar) on-level, I wonder if we can solo Foundry from ten levels back.

By the way, what was your solo set up? I understand that a lot of extreme soloers use HoH for the self-healing. Is that what you did as well?
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Branthil View Post
    Awesome thread! I have a question about screenshots.

How are some of you able to post screenshots directly to the forum, and others, (my self included), able to post
    only LINKS of screenshots?
    We're using img tags....
    (img)http://location.of.image/here(/img)

Replace the () with []

Edit: and it thinks it's a url **facepalm**
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I haven't been able to get in much solo action lately, alas. Going to have to try it, though.

If we can solo the new 3-mans (or at least Iorbar) on-level, I wonder if we can solo Foundry from ten levels back.

By the way, what was your solo set up? I understand that a lot of extreme soloers use HoH for the self-healing. Is that what you did as well?
    On my own cappy I have attempted soloing Foundry, thus far I've gotten through the trash right before the first boss, but the boss wasn't easy, maybe due to lack of extensive knowledge of the class (given that my cappy is only my tertiary toon) and lack of time, I couldn't beat him. I tried in both t1 and t2. Someone who is a cappy main might be able to solo foundry, I'm just not very good ^_^ but anyways I like seeing what cappies have soloed, and I think I'll give some of the 3mans a try as well

Hi there,

first of all, congrats to all of you soloing some instances.
    What traits do you use? And what armor sets? With herald or standards?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm new to the topic and like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone completed Wargpens T1? Trash is pretty easy but I just can't manage all the stuns and fears of the first boss (especially at the beginning).
    Dobb - Burglar R13
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

Had the same issues as you Dwarfthar, Managed to work my way thru the trash, got to the boss and that initial stun lock is too crippling. Gave it a couple of attempts before logging as i was getting way tired. Since than I have a couple of ideas to get through it. 1. Pop LS as soon as fight begins and that should get you through that initial stun and wound/fear dots. If they keep coming could be an issue and 2. use pet as sacifrical lamb sending it in to fight and hope like heck the pet gets all those debuffs. Will give that a try over next couple of nights.

I have tried some of the other 3 man scalable on level solo, but not having much success. Sword Halls Level 85 T1 I can kill the flame boss, but the merrival and her bats over whelms me.

I managed to work my way through Seat of the Great Goblin level 85 T1. Some of those trash pulls are challenging and there were times when the strat was just kill at least one trash mob out of the group before dying, so the next time round it was one less to kill. I killed the Troll boss no problems, When I got to the 3 goblin king wanabes. I can kill the first one, but get killed from the 2nd one due to the diseases. But I gave that one only one shot as it took me over 90mins just to get to that stage and by than I was tired.

To answer Aredo79 question. I have found using 2Yellow/5blue to work best for me. I have tried various combos and will trait rainbow when Im running with others, just soloing with HoH capstone is so helpful for the heals. I currently wear the Hybold HoH class set and have a second age 85 Halberd.
    Camaris, Level 100 LM of Elendilmir.

I've done Iorbar's Peak T1 (85) solo a few times now. It isn't bad at all -- the hardest part is a few of the trash pulls actually. Only death I took was due to game glitching (my display driver crashed, window minimized showing desktop, and by the time I managed to get it back I was almost dead). First boss isn't bad at all as long as you avoid boulders/clouds and kill adds quickly. Final boss is really straightforward if you know mechanics, and killing the max of 2 adds you get on T1 there isn't demanding. Did it with 5xLTC + Now for Wrath, SfW.

I've tried SH a few times. First boss is no problem, just stand there and beat on him -- revealing mark and inspire keep things OK morale-wise. But the bat stuns keep killing me. I've tried kiting around, etc. Anyone beat her? The third boss doesn't scare me, but I've not yet come close on 2nd.

I tried Warg Pens T1 as well. As discussed below, the trash isn't bad at all. But the first boss stuns you, and I died on the second stun having made little progress. Hmm. Seems to be a theme, repeated stuns are an issue. Wish Stun pots worked outside the moors... Anyone beat the WP first boss solo on a Capt? If so, what did you do?

STH T1 wasnt that much harder at 85 than it was at 65
    still working on the first boss for t2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast