We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The Great Captain Solo Thread

I thought someone had tried to start one of these before, but after browsing 10 pages deep I wasn't able to find it. That said, let's get a nice list of what we can solo post-ROI. With the level of DPS we can put out along with some of the awesome set bonuses we get, Captains are capable of amazing things now. I'll start with my couple minor achievements.

Grand Stair Hard Mode
    Stoneheight T1

I had done Stoneheight T2 through the first boss, pretty sure boss 2 would be easy as well, but ran out of time and haven't been back since. The last boss/challenge for StH T2 would be pretty difficult with all of the stuns and massive hits the one guy throws out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000343aa/signature.png]Anthyr[/charsig]
    [URL="http://dragonswrath.mmoguildsites.com"]Visit Dragon's Wrath[/URL]

Re: The Great Captain Solo Thread

I've not been trying much recently, but have done

Stoneheight T1
    Stoneheight T2 (first 2 bosses only, couldn't hack 3rd yet)
    GS Easy mode
    SH Easy

GS Easy and SH Easy modes were trivial for me. 20% return on revealing mark + whaling away with minimal strategy worked fine. Stoneheight T1 wasn't much harder, trash took longer than bosses it seemed. I should try SH hard mode and GS Hard mode. But the rewards in Stoneheight are better. In fact, for those who like rewards rather than challenge, you can down the first Stoneheight T1 boss in about 6 minutes (counting the trash lead ins), and get 4xTier 4 relics and 2-3 50k runes...

I should really try soloing grand stairs to complete the Moria metadeed.

Other than STH T1 / NCF T1 which are rewarding and fun (I laugh every time when I switch between slapping the hobbits and dpsing the cauldron), I do SH HM sometimes, it takes about 7.5 minutes and gives destiny points daily.
    I tried Warg Pens HM, but died half way on the last boss (now I would go with different traits, but the whole instance takes too long and I did not find time for that yet).
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I've not been trying much recently, but have done

Stoneheight T1
    Stoneheight T2 (first 2 bosses only, couldn't hack 3rd yet)
    GS Easy mode
    SH Easy

GS Easy and SH Easy modes were trivial for me. 20% return on revealing mark + whaling away with minimal strategy worked fine. Stoneheight T1 wasn't much harder, trash took longer than bosses it seemed. I should try SH hard mode and GS Hard mode. But the rewards in Stoneheight are better. In fact, for those who like rewards rather than challenge, you can down the first Stoneheight T1 boss in about 6 minutes (counting the trash lead ins), and get 4xTier 4 relics and 2-3 50k runes...
    I agree, Stoneheight T1 is definitely where it's at if you need to farm item xp and relics.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000343aa/signature.png]Anthyr[/charsig]

Yeah, I've also done Stoneheight T2 up to the third boss. IMO, the second boss T2 was easier than the first boss T1. However, my best so far has been getting one of the two bosses down to 1/2 morale, and that's with popping all my CDs. I'm sure if I could somehow manage to take one of them down, the other one would be easy. Cappies do really well against only one target, thanks to 20% revealing mark.

I haven't bothered with Northcotton Farms, because it seems incredibly annoying. The first boss seems doable (if painful, thanks to the constant kiting), and the third boss would be easy. But I don't think I could manage the second boss, unless those clouds do a lot less damage than I remember. I know my 65 burg went down in a few seconds standing in them.
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

I got couple solo kills so far NCF t2c, SHT t2c, Sword Halls HM, GS HM, troll OP in the moors, boss in delving(wight first to the left on freeps entrance), boss cow in BB in the moors ..... more solo stuff coming soon!!!
    Last edited by sarefx; Jan 23 2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: more info

I've been doing Dungeons just recently solo to complete the rescue the elf prisoners deed. The first part of freeing all the prisoners is very easy to be honest and I go through it quickier than if I was with a group as I can avoid the wandering brutes easier and the trash isn't as harsh as it was when I was 65.
    The challenge, which took me a few attempts to nail down, was keeping the prisoners alive during the last boss fight.

Still got to do it a couple more times to complete the freeing all the various prisoners deed
    Camaris, Level 100 LM of Elendilmir.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverwhere616 View Post
    I agree, Stoneheight T1 is definitely where it's at if you need to farm item xp and relics.
    t2 NCF is much better. you get over twice the runes and more relics.

it is pretty boring to do it solo t2, so i dual box champ/capt :P you can pull everything in between bosses and do the instance in 10m.

bringing a buddy in to farm it with two is one of the best ways to get relics/runes.
    Last edited by IGolbezI; Jan 25 2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Well, I think there is nothing you can´t do solo...^^

But: Anyone who kill the OP WOOD(!!)troll solo yet? (moors)
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordGate View Post
    Well, I think there is nothing you can´t do solo...^^

But: Anyone who kill the OP WOOD(!!)troll solo yet? (moors)
    I tried 4 times so far, in my best attempt got boss to 70k morale. Wood troll heals him self often. He has huge block chance. His defense getting stronger over time which works against cappy >.< So I can surely say its nearly impossible to solo wood troll on cappy.

Grand Stair Hard Mode
    I am pretty sure this is impossible. Not because the bosses are hard, because there is a time limit (unless they got rid of it). Even wit ha suicide run, I don't think you can kill the mobs to drop the gates in time. Did you actually do this, or did you just solo the final boss?

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    I am pretty sure this is impossible. Not because the bosses are hard, because there is a time limit (unless they got rid of it). Even wit ha suicide run, I don't think you can kill the mobs to drop the gates in time. Did you actually do this, or did you just solo the final boss?
    I cleared to Nardur in about 8-9 minutes. It wasn't bad, I just used my man heal to move through the last couple pulls quicker. Once you get to the final stairs you can run up to grab the first pull and activate Nardur. A suicide run also wouldn't work as you lose the challenge if you die. As far as damage, I crank out about 700-900 dps single target self buffed. Basically, I killed stuff at the speed a decent level 60 fellowship would have.

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    That fight is not even nearly impossible. I would say its one of the easiest solo. If cappy traited LtC with second age fully upgraded weapon there should be no problem clearing all adds in 7-8 mins like it was mentioned before.

I thought someone had tried to start one of these before, but after browsing 10 pages deep I wasn't able to find it.
    May be a bit old now but I found it. Don't know how up to date anything in it will be now. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?411455-Captain-Solo-List

I know this has been done before ... nevertheless I want to share my video of soloing Barz. It was challenging and great fun

Hmmm, haven't tried a bunch of these instances, but I think it would be fun to try them for sure.

For my list, I know at 65 I soloed:
    Garth Agarwen, every wing.
    Fornost, the long version.

Then at 75 I've soloed:
    Carn Dum
    Urugath
    Barad Gularan.

Don't belive I've tried the Moria/Mirkwood/Isengard instances. I'll have to give them a shot.

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Soloing on Captain

So far the soloing is getting fun with the Captain and I am now running through The School at Tham Mirdain at level 75 (All 3 bosses but can't put out books for the challenge). Have done several other things solo and am looking forward to trying the Fangorns Edge one today. Captain are awesome to play!

-Update-

I have gone through the school instance at level 75 settings 6 times now with no deaths and it is easy. Health never drops below half and power always good. Very fun solo run to do all 3 bosses, just wish I could save the books...lol!

I did do the Fangorns Edge 3 man level 75 instance solo through the first boss and saved the 4 Hurons with no deaths. On the final fight I managed to kill 2 of the 3 trolls but kept loosing the Ents so it would reset. Never died but didn't have enough DPS to take the Trolls down in time to win the entire instance. (note: the boss in the middle of the 4 hurons with 170,000+ morale was a fun fight solo)
    Last edited by adamantiumdragon; Sep 09 2012 at 06:46 AM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/Ellandor][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000c4fc/01002/signature.png]Ellandor[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://dawningeclipse.shivtr.com]Dawning Eclipse[/url]
    “I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.”