We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about HoH in PvP

I'm going to level either my minstrel or captain for PvP healing (both 95), and I know a captain can't solo heal a 12man PvE raid, but is it a viable healer in 3man-6man PvP groups? I've never had any FA/Healing emblem, so I can't really judge.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I'm going to level either my minstrel or captain for PvP healing (both 95), and I know a captain can't solo heal a 12man PvE raid, but is it a viable healer in 3man-6man PvP groups? I've never had any FA/Healing emblem, so I can't really judge.
    Judging by how we tend to target captains right after minstrels.... and sometimes before... I would say they fill a very important role.

Judging by the fact I got my cpt to rank 6 in a week, and my creep to rank 6 in like 3 years... yah
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001869ef/signature.png]Wwissk[/charsig]

plus remember; in a good group/zerg with cpt you gonna be firing off a enemy defeat juiced Rally every time a creep fallls.

Minstrels are legends in their own right... but cpt is legend in that we keep the people running to victory.

Still, maybe its me but I love my weaver too. If it wasnt for the fact that the 'moors get VERY boring being the same basic fight over and over and over ... I mean a little variation would be nice
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001869ef/signature.png]Wwissk[/charsig]

Note that you may want to heal in yellow. You are more survivable, and you get the bubble (SoTD). With BB jewelry and LI, the bubble lasts quite long as well... Maybe in very small groups captain heals in HOH are adequate. But when somebody is focus fired, the HOT focused nature of Captain heals doesn't cut it, while the Bubble + some heals will save a target. And yellow makes you much more survivable personally, which is a real feature. You can go yellow for the minimal number of points to get SoTD and put most other points in HOH as a nice compromise healing build.

All IMHO of course.

Dont go expecting to heal T2C 6man content without challenge but a blue cappy (NOT a yellow cappy) can more than adequately heal most 6man content and all 3man stuff that I have come across. That said the only T2C 3man my Warden in full dps setup cant solo with ease in red line is SH and WP... So a cappy isnt really necessary.

Getting the rallying cry set to minimise its CD is key for mainhealing.

Edit: Forgot to mention that traiting semi deep into Yellow line will help you out a lot, getting things like In Harms Way etc.
    Last edited by Ethrildar; Aug 21 2014 at 10:57 AM.
    Leader of Hysteria

Just to say that a 24pt blue/6pt red/37pt yellow build gives a captank enough healing to take 2 DPS through STH and NCF t2CM. Not much healing of others needed if you keep aggro - RC, GD, Inspire and the odd WoC do the trick. Just time your Shield of the Dunedain, Last Stand and Aid of Allies right and it's very possible.
    If one of your DPSers can contribute a bit of healing and/or debuffs (e.g. an LM, RK or mischief burg) it becomes a breeze. Did it yesterday, finished all boss fights with all 3 characters on full or near-full morale.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Dont go expecting to heal T2C 6man content without challenge but a blue cappy (NOT a yellow cappy) can more than adequately heal most 6man content and all 3man stuff that I have come across. That said the only T2C 3man my Warden in full dps setup cant solo with ease in red line is SH and WP... So a cappy isnt really necessary.
    If you are replying to my suggestion of running Yellow, why are you mentioning 6 and 3 man PvE content? The thread title mentions "HOH in PvP", and that is the context in which I suggested that going Yellow instead of Blue for healing is a good option. To heal PvE content I agree Blue is largely the way to go, though I very much dislike the loss of SoTD that the trait line revamp brought about.

Getting the rallying cry set to minimise its CD is key for mainhealing.
    Wait - what? The legacy was removed, the set bonuses have been removed?...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    If you are replying to my suggestion of running Yellow, why are you mentioning 6 and 3 man PvE content? The thread title mentions "HOH in PvP", and that is the context in which I suggested that going Yellow instead of Blue for healing is a good option. To heal PvE content I agree Blue is largely the way to go, though I very much dislike the loss of SoTD that the trait line revamp brought about.
    Yellow has no place in PvP. It's just so useless.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Oh whoops! Apologies, I thought (from the OP) that this post was about PVE.

In PVP yes a blue cappy can be a more than adequate healer for 3mans, 6mans require two healers (at least 2 and a cappy) in pvp anyway. I regularly run duo and trio with a blue cappy who can keep me up better than a lot of minis and heal RKs can, but he's a good cappy and they seem few and far between. Blue line is superior to yellow line now due to the nerfs yellow has taken, and the passive traits in traiting blue outweigh traiting blue in a yellow-spec build.
    Leader of Hysteria

Wait - what? The legacy was removed, the set bonuses have been removed?...

Have they?
    Leader of Hysteria

In PVP yes a blue cappy can be a more than adequate healer for 3mans, 6mans require two healers (at least 2 and a cappy) in pvp anyway. I regularly run duo and trio with a blue cappy who can keep me up better than a lot of minis and heal RKs can, but he's a good cappy and they seem few and far between. Blue line is superior to yellow line now due to the nerfs yellow has taken, and the passive traits in traiting blue outweigh traiting blue in a yellow-spec build.
    I've not been out doing PvP since the cap increase. I should start soon to fill out my 4 pieces of command, and also because the dailies and OD are getting pretty boring. But I rather liked being the off healer in yellow even after the nerfs. I had considerably more personal survivability (which is helpful as we get targeted lots), and it still seems to me that the bubble could save folks that captain heals could not. But I'll give it a go in blue once I get back out there, prior to the yellow exemplar/bubble era I used to generally go blue in the moors. I certainly do prioritize blue in general, when the cap increases my first real emblem is always a heal focused one rather than a yellow one, though I'll next make a yellow focused emblem as my level 95 DPS focused emblem remains fine for DPS/soloing (yes, it is weak on the healing, but not worth replacing right now with scrolls costing an arm and a leg).
    Last edited by DelgonTheWise; Aug 22 2014 at 12:30 PM.

Have they?
    Uhm. I checked Helegrod set, Erebor set, PvP sets, BG set, and none of them have a CD reduction.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Mini healing > Captain healing
    RK healing > captain healing
    Creep dps > Captain healing
    Last edited by Hayden102; Aug 23 2014 at 03:36 AM.
    Kornakhas -Defiler, Korbashburz -Reaver, Kortdogestyle -Warg, Kornquickscopamlg - Black Arrow, Kornslurpyourblood - Weaver -Pyrrhic
    Kortahl-Captain, Korthillion-Rune-Keeper, Korthro-Lore Master, Korthallion-Minstrel, Kormornoroth-Champion - The Dark Legion

Blue line cappy is an excellent 3man healer in pvp with 2 dps. Just need a sturdy build and a good rotation. Def recommend traiting IHW, the routing cry stun and the morale/evade trait from yellow too.
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

Have they?
    Changed since u12, and legacy was replaced by sure strike damage. RC now can only have 15s cd (because with u12 cd was reduced from 45 to 15s).
    Annaliel r10 Hunter; Bregwing r7 Captain; Lurzlug r12 Warleader; other lesser alts(All on Crickhollow)

Quote Originally Posted by sm91 View Post
    Changed since u12, and legacy was replaced by sure strike damage. RC now can only have 15s cd (because with u12 cd was reduced from 45 to 15s).
    Not every single one it wasn't ^^,

Again, I'll let you guys work it out, but it's there.
    Leader of Hysteria

Not every single one it wasn't ^^,

Again, I'll let you guys work it out, but it's there.
    Yeah I found it but the stats are just useless, and a 12s cool down instead of 15s is not going to be a game changer.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight