We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 1157
  1. #201

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    For some reason, I just loved the 45 reflect damage back at him after the 5600 hit.

    I know it's only reflect damage and all that, it just looked funny.

    *KABLAMAPOWZINGEERRRRRBOOOM!!! * 5600 on your head
    *dink* 45 back at ya, buddy...take that!
    HAHHAHAHHALOLOLOLOL OMG!!!! this made me crack up big time!!!!

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    747

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc007 View Post
    Sorry, can't believe that BA thingie. A BA has to be r15, fully morale-traited, buffed with Imposing Presence, WL morale aura and DP buff to eventually reach 15k. No way Hindering Shot could crit for 1,2k either.. tooltip says 140 dmg for my BA.. It was either Punctured Target, Headshot or Tangleshot.

    The morale/dmg percentage for hunters vs creeps maybe somehow okay, but not for any other medium or light armored class. We need to look at potential morale here. LM has potentially 4k-5k more morale than his base one with wisdom. Plus he can hit 4k-5k 5-target AoE wrapped with a long stun, which creep class can do that? Burglar can pop TnG and Knives Out disturbingly often, which makes him have potentially more morale than he first seems to have. Creeps don't have such things (save for Moving Target and uruk heal).

    And minnies, well I don't think they need explaining
    Yeah it was tangleshot. Translating the skills from german can be a bit tricky. I am pretty sure the BA was r8 though and sitting at 15k morale. of course buffed to oblivion and shopequipped. That is just how it goes on Morthond.
    I wouldn't count cooldowns as +max morale either, especially not wisdom, since it is on a quite long cooldown as CDs go at the moment. Also the amount of dmg taken is just way more for light and medium armour now. This goes for Burgs and Minis as well, though they of course have more means to negate or counter. Heavies just don't get that much dmg dealt to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    It’s really not complex the uncapping of stats for the ROI expansion has led to the ability of freep players to land incredibly high critical hits that cannot be equaled by the majority of creeps( I still have yet to see a 4k+crit by a creep). On top of that survivability was increased for freep players for the PvE game (the bubble bath effect I call it).

    So your initial point might be correct that creep DPS is ok in comparative to freep morale but that’s not what the discussion is about. The mitigations fiasco is an annoyance really, an additional 10% mitigation will be nice but it doesn’t address the larger issue of the PvE effect on the moors. After the mits are fixed there are really only a few ways to go:

    1. Nerf freeps (not going to happen, and I’m not advocating that)
    2. Increase dps buffs for battlefield promotions for creeps. (I advocate for this, these cannot be bought in store though).
    3. Continue on with little to know changes, maybe a new map which wont account for the PvE impact on balance (the likely scenario)
    4. Stop playing PvP in lotro and find another game for PvP play.
    Yeah I agree as well, it just irks me that whatever is done. I as a hunter will get shafted again for my favoured playstyle in order to reach balance which will still not apply at all.
    Last edited by VincentVanPort; Jan 31 2012 at 02:14 PM.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    128

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    For some reason, I just loved the 45 reflect damage back at him after the 5600 hit.

    I know it's only reflect damage and all that, it just looked funny.

    *KABLAMAPOWZINGEERRRRRBOOOM!!! * 5600 on your head
    *dink* 45 back at ya, buddy...take that!
    Thanks, you made my day

    Too bad that reflect dmg is not returned damage based on percentage. Imagine if Blood of Fire or the spider equivalent would be like:
    On any damage: Return 10% of damage as fire/shadow damage.
    Boom that would mean an instant -560 to the morale of the LM just cause of this single skill. Freeps would be falling like flies cause of their own insane crits (Though this is still a pretty useful stuff, can't be mitigated, means an extra 1k dmg in fights).

    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    Yeah it was tangleshot. Translating the skills from german can be a bit tricky. I am pretty sure the BA was r8 though and sitting at 15k morale. of course buffed to oblivion and shopequipped. That is just how it goes on Morthond.
    I wouldn't count cooldowns as +max morale either, especially not wisdom, since it is on a quite long cooldown as CDs go at the moment. Also the amount of dmg taken is just way more for light and medium armour now. This goes for Burgs and Minis as well, though they of course have more means to negate or counter. Heavies just don't get that much dmg dealt to them.
    Not permenant morale of course, but still he can pop an extra 4k morale in every 5 minutes, not to mention the buff after, and creeps can't really do the same (save for, as I've said, uruk heal-but ranged classes own LMs mostly anyway).

  4. #204

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    Yeah I agree as well, it just irks me that whatever is done. I as a hunter will get shafted again for my favoured playstyle in order to reach balance which will still not apply at all.
    Putting my freep goggles on for a minute Hunter needs one important fix, they need “press onward” to become a true legendary and scale to 50-60% morale and power no induction can be done on the move. I’ve argued for that enhancement in the hunter forums (I do play a hunter from time to time), but other than that you should be putting out a great deal of damage, certainly enough to compensate for the deaths you are incurring.

    Creeps on the other hand don’t have the luxury of crit hits for 5k plus, we didn’t have a developer buff us for the PvE game. That’s why I always lol when I see a freep on the boards thumping their chest thinking they have great skill at PvP, its very funny.

  5. #205

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    For some reason, I just loved the 45 reflect damage back at him after the 5600 hit.

    I know it's only reflect damage and all that, it just looked funny.

    *KABLAMAPOWZINGEERRRRRBOOOM!!! * 5600 on your head
    *dink* 45 back at ya, buddy...take that!
    LOL thank you for that. made me crack up.

    speaking of awesome crits: Lugbur scored a critical hit with Default Melee Attack on Niightmare for 99 Fire damage to Morale.<---was amazed that it hit that hard. was on a cappy too.

    oh and i hit like 6.2k with ents again on a warg :/ poor wargies

  6. #206

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Biggest hit on my creep: 815 (dev)

    Biggest hit on my level 42 LM: 1707 (dev)

    hmmm.

  7. #207

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldburgundy View Post
    Biggest hit on my creep: 815 (dev)

    Biggest hit on my level 42 LM: 1707 (dev)

    hmmm.
    Lol. Your lvl 42??? Thats messed up.

    ~Kazniir's highest hit : almost 20k. in the moors it was probly about 9k (not glass canon build)

    ~Dogwillhunt's highest hit : 1.4k??

  8. #208

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    It’s really not complex the uncapping of stats for the ROI expansion has led to the ability of freep players to land incredibly high critical hits that cannot be equaled by the majority of creeps( I still have yet to see a 4k+crit by a creep). On top of that survivability was increased for freep players for the PvE game (the bubble bath effect I call it).

    So your initial point might be correct that creep DPS is ok in comparative to freep morale but that’s not what the discussion is about. The mitigations fiasco is an annoyance really, an additional 10% mitigation will be nice but it doesn’t address the larger issue of the PvE effect on the moors. After the mits are fixed there are really only a few ways to go:

    1. Nerf freeps (not going to happen, and I’m not advocating that)
    2. Increase dps buffs for battlefield promotions for creeps. (I advocate for this, these cannot be bought in store though).
    3. Continue on with little to know changes, maybe a new map which wont account for the PvE impact on balance (the likely scenario)
    4. Stop playing PvP in lotro and find another game for PvP play.
    Just waiting till GW2 for PvP atm.. They are probly gonna come out with a new map with the expansion but it wont change much.

    ~Kazniir/Dogwillhunt

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    439

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    4. Stop playing PvP in lotro and find another game for PvP play.
    sorry GW2 is still not out :/ ...

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    226

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    ####### scored a critical hit with Improved Merciful Shot on Terrorarrow for 5,655 Beleriand damage to Morale. This a joke, turdine nerfs the creep version when the faceroll(freep) version is 10x better

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    747

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Efol View Post
    ####### scored a critical hit with Improved Merciful Shot on Terrorarrow for 5,655 Beleriand damage to Morale. This a joke, turdine nerfs the creep version when the faceroll(freep) version is 10x better
    But what would you hit him with say vital target or revenge? Not including the dot probably around 2,4kish? Wouldn't that be about the same in % compared to his morale?

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,990

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    But what would you hit him with say vital target or revenge? Not including the dot probably around 2,4kish? Wouldn't that be about the same in % compared to his morale?
    Your point holds some weight but only in regards to Hunters

    Since you do not possess the godmode defensive skills as Champ, Mini, Burg etc

    Remember its not just unreal Crits we are dealing with

    Its also the unreal defensive bubbles/heals/evade etc

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    747

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by PurebloodWorg View Post
    Your point holds some weight but only in regards to Hunters

    Since you do not possess the godmode defensive skills as Champ, Mini, Burg etc

    Remember its not just unreal Crits we are dealing with

    Its also the unreal defensive bubbles/heals/evade etc
    Yeah I know. It is my hunter goggles.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Sparred a lvl 75 13.5k guard with my lvl 60 mini 2 weeks ago and got him down to 7.2k (prolly could of done better if i popped out of warspeach and used fellowship heart/bubble/enter WS). Attempted to take down a lvl 75 rnk 4 guard with 4k morale left on rank7 warg (full health but no CDs)...... died, guard still had 1.5k morale.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    226

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Terrorarrow scored a hit with Tangleshot Snare Damage on Downlo for 399 Fire damage to Morale.
    Terrorarrow scored a devastating hit with Skirmisher: Tangleshot on Downlo for 799 Fire damage to Morale.

    1398 damage with a dev on a skill that even states it does "extreme damage". Crazy OP i know!

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    437

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    My DPS against guardian. Seriously?




  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,990

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Faileon View Post
    My DPS against guardian. Seriously?



    Yeah but you are a low ranked Spider

    Try it again at R11+ then you will see some serious damage to your opponent

  18. #218

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    devastating hit with a melee attack on Muzluck for 1,103 Beleriand damage to Morale.


    yup, wish i could crit this hard with an auto attack...

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    439

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by PurebloodWorg View Post
    Yeah but you are a low ranked Spider

    Try it again at R11+ then you will see some serious damage to your opponent
    look at his sig, he is r12 spider

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Not a freep, but still funny. CG crit with execute for 17,376 common damage.

    Rick click -> view image to maximize to 1920x1200

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Rank 4 Reaver on an Elf-Champion (skill tooltip says 1111 fire damage):
    Thrakatulmorth scored a critical hit with Devastating Strike on Zoukon for 544 Fire damage to Morale.

    This was with 10% buff from Glory btw...

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    242

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    My R5 BA got hit for 16K Hunter HS. Hunter had mini & capt buffs but still 16K I hate u yelk :P

  23. #223

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by HaldamirTinuviel View Post
    Not a freep, but still funny. CG crit with execute for 17,376 common damage.

    Rick click -> view image to maximize to 1920x1200
    ouch...how many buffs did the CG have? had to be a few to reach 17k

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    226

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    But what would you hit him with say vital target or revenge? Not including the dot probably around 2,4kish? Wouldn't that be about the same in % compared to his morale?
    That would work if hunters didnt have more cc, crit chance and stealth.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc007 View Post
    Best for a while



    Not even a dev
    What do you expect from the highest DPS and best played LM on the server? He's customised his LM to nuke creeps with massive hits. Problem is creeps can't do the same.

 

 
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload