We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast
    9.2k Remorseless Dev with fervour pot on Toxic Carapace weaver.
    7.5k Remorseless Dev on a R7 aud defiler.
    3.7k Merciful Dev on R13 aud flayer warg.

Solo, 2 Outposts and Mitigation gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    9.2k Remorseless Dev with fervour pot on Toxic Carapace weaver.
    7.5k Remorseless Dev on a R7 aud defiler.
    3.7k Merciful Dev on R13 aud flayer warg.

Solo, 2 Outposts and Mitigation gear.
    wow.
    R5 champ vs R7 defiler w/ 13 aud and 3 com's pots.

Artoliuz scored a devastating hit with Remorseless Strike on Wakalaka for 4,464 Beleriand damage to Morale.

Artoliuz scored a critical hit with Remorseless Strike on Wakalaka for 2,635 Beleriand damage to Morale.

Artoliuz scored a devastating hit with Ferocious Strikes on Wakalaka for 1,920 Beleriand damage to Morale.

Artoliuz scored a devastating hit with Remorseless Strike on Wakalaka for 4,160 Beleriand damage to Morale.

Nearly lost this fight, when i managed to fight him long enough that his power burned down he just sprinted away with full health...
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Rank 9 Warg with r13 Audacity and 1 crit protection slotted, 16.1k morale,

I got 4 shotted by a RK today,

3 crits finished with a devastating EC of 8.6k
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    Dapple - Rank 10 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    when i managed to fight him long enough that his power burned down he just sprinted away with full health...
    In other words, the sad state of Defiler soloability

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    In other words, the sad state of Defiler soloability
    The quoted example is a terrible basis for complaining about soloability. The poster survived a full-bore salvo (and a crit lucky one at that) from a primary dps class, and simply outhealed it, to the point of running the other player out of power. This situation reeks at least as much of a problem with healing in the moors as freep dps in the moors.

*requisite disclaimer*
    The same applies if the situations were reversed (as I'm sure just about every creep has experienced, myself included) where a creep dps class hits a minstrel/rk/warden with absolutely everything they have, only to see their morale bar barely move.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    The quoted example is a terrible basis for complaining about soloability. The poster survived a full-bore salvo (and a crit lucky one at that) from a primary dps class, and simply outhealed it, to the point of running the other player out of power. This situation reeks at least as much of a problem with healing in the moors as freep dps in the moors.

*requisite disclaimer*
    The same applies if the situations were reversed (as I'm sure just about every creep has experienced, myself included) where a creep dps class hits a minstrel/rk/warden with absolutely everything they have, only to see their morale bar barely move.
    I forgot to mention 3 crit prot corruptions.

Yes, i outhealed it because all i could do was spam heals to not die. By NO MEANS did my moral "barely move". And if you know anything about the defiler class right now, to say we burned out a freeps power is an accomplishment. Because i always run out of power before freeps do, when my spam heal skills cost 190+ power each, at full audacity.

I haven't fought any champs 1v1 since u10 but if a r5 can put out that much dps then i definitely don't want to face the r10+ champs we have in sickening abundance out here.

What's oddest is as a defiler, most of my mitigation are in physical.

The quoted bit i showed was jut the "big" numbers that took a significant portion of my 19k moral down at frightening speed.
    I literally could not dps the champ because all i was doing was heals to survive.
    And not to mention being an induction class when it comes to attacking, the champ was able to effectively and quickly negate my attacks by LOSing me with positioning.

Another side note just for clarity, we were fighting in the middle of the river between gta and lugs rez. A rare fight. May have something to do with it?
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

*requisite disclaimer*
    It's funny, because if the champ had simply bloodraged to clear the fear, he definitely would have killed the defiler. From what I've experienced grouped with defilers and playing one, ranked freep DPS classes who have fear pots can very easily solo them.

Even my Signature is trolling!

*requisite disclaimer*
    If a Champ can't kill a Defiler they are probably bad. Creep heals are terrible compared to Freep in small group or solo situations. A Champ vs a Defiler has far better odds than a Reaver vs a Minstrel, actually, let me rephrase. They have odds, a solo Reaver can't possibly kill a Minstrel by themselves.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Venomorf scored a critical hit with Explosive Gourd on (guardian full aud r12) for 165 Fire damage to Morale. <- initial damage

Stun Pot bought for monney...

Painful Price scored a hit on Venomorf for 143 Common damage to Morale.
    Painful Price scored a hit on Venomorf for 50 Fire damage to Morale.

It says it should recoil 250 dmg. Not sure why it hit less than that and in two instances, might have something to do with BoF. But ...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240100000a29e1/signature.png]Venomorf[/charsig]

Hooray, I finally have one to contribute!

If anybody still thinks Wardens can't DPS at this point, then here's the proof.
    Last edited by Nyrion; Apr 11 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Breguilas View Post
    Venomorf scored a critical hit with Explosive Gourd on (guardian full aud r12) for 165 Fire damage to Morale. <- initial damage

Stun Pot bought for monney...

Painful Price scored a hit on Venomorf for 143 Common damage to Morale.
    Painful Price scored a hit on Venomorf for 50 Fire damage to Morale.

It says it should recoil 250 dmg. Not sure why it hit less than that and in two instances, might have something to do with BoF. But ...
    It recoils 250 damage before migitations/audacity/etc., I'm not exactly sure how it works, but some kind of damage migitation definitly works

The 50 damage it a bug, that you should /bug and has to do with Blood of Fire, all those reflects are somehow bugged. Blood of Fire and Revealing Mark combined produce even crazier results

Moors in it's most ridiculous state i've ever seen, since summer 2009.

WL R8, 13 aud, HfP2, HfP1, 3 Crit Deff traits, HfD2 - got hit by R8 RK with dev EC for 10280 dmg. With 3:1 OP's for freeps(might have been 4:0 - not sure as it constantly switched).

On the other hand my crits/dev - never go above 800 with this trait build and ~1300 with full DPS build(DfP2,DfP1, 3 Masteries, DfH2).

Devs must change the name from PvMP to PvE(p).

Quote Originally Posted by Shraguz View Post
    Moors in it's most ridiculous state i've ever seen, since summer 2009.

WL R8, 13 aud, HfP2, HfP1, 3 Crit Deff traits, HfD2 - got hit by R8 RK with dev EC for 10280 dmg. With 3:1 OP's for freeps(might have been 4:0 - not sure as it constantly switched).

On the other hand my crits/dev - never go above 800 with this trait build and ~1300 with full DPS build(DfP2,DfP1, 3 Masteries, DfH2).

Devs must change the name from PvMP to PvE(p).
    That is a HUGE crit to have taken in a crit protection based build. I would call it obscene. They really need to get that PVE raid gear OUT of the moors. My new idea? Gloom. Put radiance on the pvp armor and put gloom in the entire zone. Go ahead and swap into your pve gear, hope you like cowering in terror... (yes I know they would need to offer starter pvp gear for those without full audacity sets, it's only a half serious idea).

I will add that what you are calling a damage build is not good at all. You need to swap out a lot there, stick with Damage for Power 2, a single mastery and then 4x critical rating. You'll get more mileage out of that (and the crits will fuel your power of fear buff).

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    That is a HUGE crit to have taken in a crit protection based build. I would call it obscene. They really need to get that PVE raid gear OUT of the moors. My new idea? Gloom. Put radiance on the pvp armor and put gloom in the entire zone. Go ahead and swap into your pve gear, hope you like cowering in terror... (yes I know they would need to offer starter pvp gear for those without full audacity sets, it's only a half serious idea).

I will add that what you are calling a damage build is not good at all. You need to swap out a lot there, stick with Damage for Power 2, a single mastery and then 4x critical rating. You'll get more mileage out of that (and the crits will fuel your power of fear buff).
    I've brought it up before, PvE and PvP gear just needs to be mutually exclusive. PvE armour and jewelry gets disabled in the moors, and PvP armour disables outside of it. No more PvEers farming for their raid build or whatever, no more forcing those who only want to PvP into running silly instances because they have to in order to be competitive in the Moors.

You get 3 tiers of armour and jewelry, with a minimum of 3 different options (more for jewelry, hopefully) for each slot, for each main-stat class grouping. A new season of audacity (and expected 18 aud cap) would be a nice time to implement the whole system, too. The bottom tier is 'yellow' quality gear, available for coin allowing any freep with a couple gold to step into the moors and be competitive with r1-5 creeps, armour grants 1 audacity per piece, the 4-set of one type has a set-bonus. 'Purple' quality gear is available for a few hundred comms a piece, the armour has 2 audacity per piece and the previous 4-set bonus on yellow gear is moved to the 2-set spot. 'teal' quality armour has 3 aud per piece, retains the 2-set bonus, and adds a 4-set bonus.

Add a legendary vendor, selling scrolls of delving/empowerment, relics, and damage type scrolls for comms. Every class can barter for both LI weapons and class items, 3rd agers for coin, 2nd agers for comms on a sliding scale, starting at 10k for an LI for a r0, down to maybe 4-5k for a r15. 1st agers are barter able only by r10+ freeps. 2nd/1st age Moors LIs are un-useable in PvE content to prevent farming for LIs at xpac releases, but LIs obtained in PvE would be allowed in the Moors, as having to regrind in this direction seems a tad excessive.

Having direct control of what is available to freeps in the moors, and only having to tailor those items with 1 focus in mind (rather than having to make moors considerations for PvE gear, etc, etc) is how to avoid the silliness we have now.

Probly need some moors-only storage for all this too...
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Just add in new tech that you can slot whatever the hell set bonuses on whatever gear you want.

Not so swept over of course, but if you get the idea you will get what I'm trying to say.

I suggest this to say that we shouldn't be looking at disconnecting PvMP from PvE entirely. It's still the same game after all.

Great stuff
    I really like your ideas

It would be great if one could wear PvP gear at the same time as PvE gear similiar to cosmetic outfits. Depending on where you are, either 1 or the other gets activated

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Indeed. I was running with this for "casual" play before U10 for a long time and then I liked the masteries, because of the increase of both DPS and outgoing healing - a win for both soloing and group play.
    I've entered the moors for the first time since the U10 before 2 days, to see is it really that bad as i thought looking at the release notes and judging by the other ppl oppinions - it turned out to be even worse....

I'll try 4 Crit rating + 1 Crit deffence + HfP2, as the DfP2 gives a meagre 5% which even x2 with dev hits is not worth sloting, but the health may come in handy. Stil I'm very doubtful about this CD, as it seems it's worthless atm.

However sry for the offtopic. My point is that hitting the heviest creep out there with sloted 3 CD corruptions for over 10K(even 5K+ is too much considering the creep devs/crits on the same type of freeps) is just a brainless idea of whoever thought this to be possible. I woudn't say this at all, if BA's were able to hit guards, or at least champs and cappies for over 10K, but sadly this is miles away from the truth, so there is no reason this to be possible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraguz View Post
    I woudn't say this at all, if BA's were able to hit guards, or at least champs and cappies for over 10K, but sadly this is miles away from the truth, so there is no reason this to be possible at all.
    I dont think the solution is to give both sides the broken dmg ^^ Rather figure out a way to get away from the few second fights into a more "strategic" battle where it matters knowing when and how to use your skills and class advantages/disadvantages in your favor in a battle..

Also,something generally overlooked is the ability on freepside to enhance dmg of others.. A cappy can increase the dmg by an insane amount.. There is just too much that gets taken over 1:1 from pve,without taking into consideration that creeps arent 900k Morale Bosses.. Just my thought on that ofc..
    Last edited by Cillion; Apr 15 2013 at 10:55 PM.

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads
    Glasscanon-1 scored a hit with Perfect Imagery on Azsouth for 818 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Improved Scribe's Spark on Azsouth for 2,038 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Essence of Storm on Azsouth for 3,751 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Epic Conclusion on Azsouth for 5,634 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a hit with Improved Sustaining Bolt on Azsouth for 1,024 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Shocking Words on Azsouth for 3,924 Lightning damage to Morale.

I'm a rank 14 warg and this RK only hit me for less than 1k once...
    -Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg
    Originator of the 1st Good 1v1 Thread (Meneldor)

should be lucky your not NPC's... My Rune Keeper is only sub-par and at about 2300 will hitting for 11k-13k with all the buffs up. I have seen RK's hit for 16k and reports of 18k

I've brought it up before, PvE and PvP gear just needs to be mutually exclusive. PvE armour and jewelry gets disabled in the moors, and PvP armour disables outside of it. No more PvEers farming for their raid build or whatever, no more forcing those who only want to PvP into running silly instances because they have to in order to be competitive in the Moors.

You get 3 tiers of armour and jewelry, with a minimum of 3 different options (more for jewelry, hopefully) for each slot, for each main-stat class grouping. A new season of audacity (and expected 18 aud cap) would be a nice time to implement the whole system, too. The bottom tier is 'yellow' quality gear, available for coin allowing any freep with a couple gold to step into the moors and be competitive with r1-5 creeps, armour grants 1 audacity per piece, the 4-set of one type has a set-bonus. 'Purple' quality gear is available for a few hundred comms a piece, the armour has 2 audacity per piece and the previous 4-set bonus on yellow gear is moved to the 2-set spot. 'teal' quality armour has 3 aud per piece, retains the 2-set bonus, and adds a 4-set bonus.

Add a legendary vendor, selling scrolls of delving/empowerment, relics, and damage type scrolls for comms. Every class can barter for both LI weapons and class items, 3rd agers for coin, 2nd agers for comms on a sliding scale, starting at 10k for an LI for a r0, down to maybe 4-5k for a r15. 1st agers are barter able only by r10+ freeps. 2nd/1st age Moors LIs are un-useable in PvE content to prevent farming for LIs at xpac releases, but LIs obtained in PvE would be allowed in the Moors, as having to regrind in this direction seems a tad excessive.

Having direct control of what is available to freeps in the moors, and only having to tailor those items with 1 focus in mind (rather than having to make moors considerations for PvE gear, etc, etc) is how to avoid the silliness we have now.

Probly need some moors-only storage for all this too...
    Here's my evil idea to force freeps to actually use the pvp gear and stop all the gear swapping:

RADIANCE.

Set a ton of gloom in the moors. Slap radiance on the pvp gear. Wanna wear your overpowered raid goodies? Hope you enjoy cowering from dread.

Obviously, you have to offer a weaker set of armor for newbies for a couple of silver per piece so they can actually play.

I'm just getting tired of fighting RKs that start the fight with 15k morale, and progressively swap in more and more DPS gear as you whittle them down. It's broken, and dumb. It's completely abusive in terms of morale threshold gated skills (the RK should be at 50% morale when you have him down to 7.5k... but he swapped into his dps gear and now 7.5k is actually 85% so no dev strike for you!).

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post
    Glasscanon-1 scored a hit with Perfect Imagery on Azsouth for 818 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Improved Scribe's Spark on Azsouth for 2,038 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Essence of Storm on Azsouth for 3,751 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Epic Conclusion on Azsouth for 5,634 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a hit with Improved Sustaining Bolt on Azsouth for 1,024 Lightning damage to Morale.
    Glasscanon-1 scored a critical hit with Shocking Words on Azsouth for 3,924 Lightning damage to Morale.

I'm a rank 14 warg and this RK only hit me for less than 1k once...
    This is the 15k morale RK. He swaps down to about 8.5k max morale during the fight. In effect he has a 7k temporary morale bubble at the start of every fight. Just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    I dont think the solution is to give both sides the broken dmg ^^ Rather figure out a way to get away from the few second fights into a more "strategic" battle where it matters knowing when and how to use your skills and class advantages/disadvantages in your favor in a battle..

Also,something generally overlooked is the ability on freepside to enhance dmg of others.. A cappy can increase the dmg by an insane amount.. There is just too much that gets taken over 1:1 from pve,without taking into consideration that creeps arent 900k Morale Bosses.. Just my thought on that ofc..
    Indeed - i was just trying to point out the obvious. With the current fights the creeps don't have the time to turn and they're dead - it will be way better if all (creeps and freeps) have the survivalability the freeps(excluding only the hunters) currently have, so we can have more interesting fights.
    However our experience shows, that this will never happen with the curent system, until freeps in ettens are converted to the creep system or vice versa, as i stated in another thread.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190100000fe9e6/signature.png]Shragoz[/charsig]

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads
    Bigslick scored a critical hit with Epic Conclusion on Azsouth for 7,169 Lightning damage to Morale.
    -Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg
    Originator of the 1st Good 1v1 Thread (Meneldor)

Even OPs 3 crit prot traits:
    Hustypoo scored a critical hit with Big Bleed on Raelith for 804 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    useless traits, might as well just trait dps and die just as fast. ^^ was in freep zerg not 1v1.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c01000010212a/signature.png]Raelith[/charsig]
    RaeRae>Raelith

Pretty sure at least half the creep population must have started this game in the last 6 months.

What's disheartening is that most of them won't have.

On topic:

Constrictions scored a critical hit with default melee attack on Ongburz Archer for 393 Beleriand damage to Morale.

1/4 OP's were blue...

Seriously man, the devs need to wake up. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Something needs to be done to fix this immensely broken system asap.
    Last edited by Untg99; Apr 19 2013 at 02:44 AM.

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast