We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: Ridiculous Crits

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    It has. (This makes it a bit hard to believe LM is your main).
    As I've said
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc007 View Post
    the reason it's not lvl75 and geared now is that I don't really care about RoI content and stick to creep play mostly.
    I'm not playing freep since RoI, so I'm not exactly up to date with every class change.
    BTW allright, have it your way, let's consider 2m a long cd, still I think although it is indeed long in a single 1v1 fight, and only means one opportunity, that 2min passes very quickly during solo roaming.

No, sorry, it doesn't give immunity to silence/interrupt. Only damage setback. They are easily interrupted.
    Sorry, didn't know that. The setback immunity to the skill came after SoM, formerly the skill only used to reset skills. Didn't play much in SoM, just levelled from 60 to 65, somehow thought it provides interrupt immunity too.

But you see, therein lies the LM's weakness; if they choose to cure a silence/disarm with skills, they lose valuable time. A LM's attack duration is very slow and some of the animations are long and must be completed, so they lose several seconds if they try to cure these things themselves. And as you well know, they go down fast when targetted, in fact a good strategy against LMs is keeping them busy like that. Most will take the bait and be killed before they realise it.
    Well as I know most LMs are not dump enough to waste time/skill to dispel, let's say, Blinding Dust or a DoT, but they are willing to move away a bit when the creep is halted and sacrifice a (few) moment(s) to cure themselves of crucial impairing effects like Disarm or Silence. It's not that big deal.

Their BE slow is slow to cast and it's only 30%, nothing a BA or spider can't fix.
    Also, protection from Hamstring? I must have missed something.
    You guys are not reading my posts at all! I have to explain myself because you react to posts you only partially read :/
    (yes obvious I know ranged classes still pwn you mostly)
    As I've said, not much chance against ranged classes. And by hamstring, I didn't mean the skill, I meant the verb, you know, disable, impair class functionalities.

Quote Originally Posted by gleowine View Post
    My LM doesn't go down easy, is traited Ancient master and I still can kill pretty much at will. Hell, im only above average in skill so i'm not even in the good category like someone on our server like garney is. If you are having troubles on your LM against anything but the absolute best wargs, you need to rethink how you are playing your LM, or you need to invest a few points into the intelligence skill.
    This. Let me repeat myself the second time, I'm not saying LMs are anywhere near mins or champs in OPness, but the class itself has very much potential in it and if handled by someone who knows that class fully well it can win 95% of 1v1s, while also being powerful in grouping due to massive AoE. Stand in one place, they own you completely, but are you skilled then? CC them madly, kite them, use everything in the right time, they can't beat you if they're melee. If warg sprints or reaver slows by blade toss, stun them/root them/daze them till the sprint/snare wears out so as they will not catch up with your kiting in any way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000a4ef4/signature.png]Havocz[/charsig]
    [I]Casual RPer[/I]
    Havocz lvl65 LM, Dalin lvl48 GRD, Berenir lvl32 CPT - [B]members of the same fellowship[/B]
    Narzgash r8 Reaver, Ternakh r6 BA, Lugnakh r4 Warg, Ulburz r4 WL - [B]the creeps who always remain True[/B]
    [U]Snowbourn[/U]
    --
    [I]Never on the dark side. Sauron sucks. Just many bad ones appear among the supposed 'good ones'. So experiencing another aspect of the game.
    Respect your opponent, and you won't regret anything.[/I]

http://imageshack.us/f/706/screenshot01030.jpg/

Sry for german Client. It's a devasted heartseaker for 7,305 Dmg by an BLUE TRAITED Hunter (5 blues, 1 yellow (track), 1 red) WITHOUT Captain-Buffs. I'm not sure, but i think i had that burg thing on me.. 8% more inc dmg.

I don't want to know what numbers Heart Seaker will critt if a red-traited Hunter apears..

BTW: How do I link pics in forums? [img]LINK[/img] is not working.
    Last edited by Garofin; Jan 21 2012 at 04:06 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a22301000023dc30/signature.png]Makkaramyyjae[/charsig]
    Garofin r12 | Zergleif r8 |Bryandon-1 r8
    Makkaramyyjae r11 |Pyrstonnuolija r8 WL
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJhOAVXg2A[/url]

No SS/copy from log, but I scored 7,5k HS on R7 BA. 5b/2r traits. Self buffs only, without Burn Hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Garofin View Post
    BTW: How do I link pics in forums? [img]LINK[/img] is not working.
    It has to be the "Direct Link", in your case - http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6...nshot01030.jpg and then [img] [/img] it. like this:

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c01000010d221/signature.png]Morkorga[/charsig]
    Faileon R10 - Nub Hunter...

[b]Mess with the best, die like the rest.[/b]

My LM doesn't go down easy, is traited Ancient master and I still can kill pretty much at will. Hell, im only above average in skill so i'm not even in the good category like someone on our server like garney is. If you are having troubles on your LM against anything but the absolute best wargs, you need to rethink how you are playing your LM, or you need to invest a few points into the intelligence skill.
    LMs are among my favorite prey, began successfully soloing them at rank 2 on my warg, at rank 3 I could take Garny who you and most of the server consider the best (or among the very best from the thread voting) in a ungrouped, unplanned duo with a (*now* rank 6) BA:

=-=-=-= Landroval =-=-=-=
    [color=#1589FF]Lizaveta[/color], rank 9 Minstrel.
    [color=red]Eviliz Unseen[/color], rank 10 Warg. [color=red]Lizifer[/color], rank 10 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Faileon View Post

It has to be the "Direct Link", in your case - http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6...nshot01030.jpg and then [img] [/img] it. like this:
    Thanks Mork :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Faileon View Post
    No SS/copy from log, but I scored 7,5k HS on R7 BA. 5b/2r traits. Self buffs only, without Burn Hot.
    If I had a hunter, I'd trait 5 reds and warg track and nuke evrything with heartseaker outta stealth.^^
    If 7,5k on blue trait-line is possible, I'm sure u can oneshot most of creeps on red traitline with Burn Hot(On devasted hit ofc)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a22301000023dc30/signature.png]Makkaramyyjae[/charsig]

_____ scored a devastating hit with Essence of Storm on Render for 3,439 Lightning damage to Morale.

followed by..
    _____ scored a critical hit with Epic Conclusion on Render for 5,216 Lightning damage to Morale.

its okay though because i have more morale :P
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Blue vs Red HS crits don't differ greatly as precision builds usually use the legacy with 13% extra crit multiplier vs the raw damage bonus.

Also how hard is it to get out of los/range from a hs with a 3 sec induction or get a wl to bubble it off.

HS if it crits might give somewhat fancy numbers not even great in most cases, dev's however do, but in reality a HS isn't really praticall and more a mess around skill then a productive skill in ettens, the only time a hs might be of some use is vs a BA that has MT up while he tries to run back with a slow on.

Quote Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
    I remember that, we coordinate my to arms pretty well
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

hears ridicules crit for you guys :P

....sorry for the ###### pic
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

And please learn to look at my signature before flaming me for QQing randomly without the slightest knowledge of anything. From the fact alone that LM is my highest lvl freep you can guess it's my main char. I've been playing it since SoA times, early 2008, for years as my main, the reason it's not lvl75 and geared now is that I don't really care about RoI content and stick to creep play mostly.
    Also roamed quite a lot of times with him in Ettens. And if I cought a reaver before he could charge or noticed a warg before he could strike, bam, I've already won. (Maybe nowadays reavers stand a better chance though due to the snare of Blade Toss). Keep burning embers and all possible dots up, if a creep still seems to catch up with you, stun him, possibly with LotRD. Kite-kite-kite, you won the fight if you start it the right way and have some decent reflexes. Melee classes don't stand a chance this way (yes obvious I know ranged classes still pwn you mostly). Still not a kiting like an RK, but pretty much effective kiting. Slow, new, incompetent LMs, sure, they are easy meat. But also note LMs only got stronger during the years.
    Besides, I didn't state LMs are an unbeatable invincible OP beasts like (or even worse than) minstrels, as I've said, a previous poster claimed that they are that. I've only reacted to another previous poster that they are not THAT easily counterable, if a player isn't a complete noob at his own class.
    )
    4AM when i wrote that :P yes, i did misread you sig. still, isnt an OP best as you seemed to be trying to make out in the original post i quoted. they are very beatable, even the best ones. i dont even have improved hamstring, and i still win every fight against lm's. there is only 1 lm on BW that really stands a chance against my reaver, judging from the ones i have fought 1v1. there are many i haveny fought though im sure.

tbh, the easiest class for me to beat 1v1 is a BA. even if wind-lore gets resisted, i have beat BA's 1v1. yes, if i catch a reaver before he charges, it already over, same with warg as long as he isnt on top of me when i spot him. wargs are probably the most challenging fight for me, however there are very few good wargs that seems to jump me solo. whole of BW's warg population is stuck in the pack mindset and none solo anymore it seems.

i have to say, lm's where probably stronger back in the days without DR. you say you played during SoA, so you must have suffered through some of this. i too have an lm at 75, and while his gear isnt great, i also dont have a whole lot of trouble, especially 1v1. i also try not to kite a whole bunch on my lm. i generally just get enough room to get BE/ lotrd off, and run in for an SS/SW combo.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Quote Originally Posted by LionZero View Post
    Also how hard is it to get out of los/range from a hs with a 3 sec induction or get a wl to bubble it off.
    WL Bubble?
    If a hunter casts sth. and in the same moment the WL bubble is on, hunter's dmg will not be effected by WL-bubble. It's same on evry other casting skills like LM's ones.

Imagine there is a 12vs12 and the freeps got 5 or 6 hunters. It is seriously impossible to do a thing vs hunter-focus even if a WL is reacting very fast.

Didnt think I could get over 1.3K

Purebloodnakh scored a devastating hit with Swipe on Celderon for 1,439 Shadow damage to Morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    LMs are among my favorite prey, began successfully soloing them at rank 2 on my warg, at rank 3 I could take Garny who you and most of the server consider the best (or among the very best from the thread voting) in a ungrouped, unplanned duo with a (*now* rank 6) BA:
    Are you some sort of joke? Ganking someone doesn't mean you can "take someone on" it means that you are able to overwhelm them with numbers. You are the epitome of what I like to call "standard landroval trash".

Angry Re: Ridiculous Crits

Stupid that turbine refuses to balance the creep/freep scales. Today I played on my warg and was doing 25-400 damage. 400 was a crit on a light armor toon. However, the freeps were doing an average of 2k damage per hit. The problem is that freeps have buffs, scrolls, LI, tokens, jewelry, armor. Creeps have teeth and claws, bows, and regular weapons, no armor or jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigMenace View Post
    Are you some sort of joke? Ganking someone doesn't mean you can "take someone on" it means that you are able to overwhelm them with numbers. You are the epitome of what I like to call "standard landroval trash".
    R3 with some assist from a BA is ganking? Fine. If I say Freeps are Godmoding trash I'm a hero, if put a pic that shows even the best of a supposedly OP class being taken down easily by two low ranks, I'm trash.

By the way your kin was the talk of glff last night, loot chest still glowy, booted non kin members from raid after they didn't leave when told, etc, etc.
    [color=red]Eviliz Unseen[/color], rank 10 Warg. [color=red]Lizifer[/color], rank 10 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by PurebloodWorg View Post
    Didnt think I could get over 1.3K

Purebloodnakh scored a devastating hit with Swipe on Celderon for 1,439 Shadow damage to Morale.
    haha a warg did 1.4k damage on a hit? The legend of Purebloodworg grows.

By the way your kin was the talk of glff last night, loot chest still glowy, booted non kin members from raid after they didn't leave when told, etc, etc.
    Boy you showed him. Almost a critical hit here, what did it register? 540 shadow damage?

Yeah and the BA bought all his skills so his rank doesn't so much matter. So you did practically nothing while the BA did 90% of the work. How about you go 1 v 1 on garney. 2 v 1 isn't proving a thing.

And no offense, but I remember your low rank warg in my raids I use to lead. You were average for a newer warg, but couldn't have soloed garney or most other LM by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think you could now unless you've bought all your skills and went against one of the weaker ones on the server.
    Last edited by gleowine; Jan 23 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Yeah and the BA bought all his skills so his rank doesn't so much matter. So you did practically nothing while the BA did 90% of the work. How about you go 1 v 1 on garney. 2 v 1 isn't proving a thing.

And no offense, but I remember your low rank warg in my raids I use to lead. You were average for a newer warg, but couldn't have soloed garney or most other LM by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think you could now unless you've bought all your skills and went against one of the weaker ones on the server.
    The only raids I remember being was one lead by Capnjack and a small group (like 3 wargs and a WL) lead by a warg with a "M" name that cursed a lot at r0 and r1. Perhaps your memory is better than mine on this, in which case I thank you for thinking of me as average, I'd have described myself as bad, and only now would like to flatter myself thinking I might be average. As far as the Garny kill, I don't know whether the BA had bought skills, I know mine were limited to Track, and that at 96 infamy without even the KB, I assume I did most of the work, 60%-85% maybe. I was quite proud of my managing to stay on his back, best job I've ever done, eventually he just gave up and let me have it and tried to burn the BA down.

R3 with some assist from a BA is ganking? Fine. If I say Freeps are Godmoding trash I'm a hero, if put a pic that shows even the best of a supposedly OP class being taken down easily by two low ranks, I'm trash.

That was rather uncalled for. Low blow. Does anybody even know when that happened, and to whom?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000026980b/signature.png]Hireah[/charsig]

While I agree that the BA likely did the burst responsible for Garny's actual death, Lizaveta's warg got 96 Infamy for that kill, isn't in a group, and has no +infamy buffs. She did most of the damage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000026980b/signature.png]Hireah[/charsig]

Laughable

2 v 1 a Lore Master and brag about it? Throw said Lore Master's kin under the bus when called out? Keeping it real apparently.

It is better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut, then to open it and remove all doubt.

The only people WoS steal loot from atm are Kalbak, Crisian and Usgarren and Ioreth.
    Last edited by Tophsho; Jan 23 2012 at 04:17 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001524e9/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I miss Arrival's Warden and his hip hop references in forum's sig....

Re: Laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Tophsho View Post
    2 v 1 a Lore Master and brag about it? Throw said Lore Master's kin under the bus when called out? Keeping it real apparently.

It is better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut, then to open it and remove all doubt.

The only people WoS steal loot from atm are Kalbak, Crisian and Usgarren and Ioreth.
    You should clarify those names. He might not know that those are raid bosses and not real people. :P
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

*pulls arrow out of head*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206010000110f60/signature.png]Demodragon[/charsig]

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast