We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 1157
  1. #326
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Prancey View Post
    This is actually the video of the fight we had. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWPIa5Uq3k I can't seem to find the 12k crit in it, because it was probably left out of the vid or wasn't even caught on fraps, but the last fight was the one in where Itzbitz was crit for 12k, and as you can see, Unitedstates has ~8.6k morale.
    Watched the full video (which was tough since I really can't stand american accents, sorry guys) and saw each of the times Itzbitz died. Not one of them showed a 12k hit. In fact, I couldn't see one hit from the RK that was over 8k (please post the time on the video if I missed it).

    There was a bit in it, I think the second from last time Itz died, where the camera moved and the damage didn't show which I thought may be the possible moment but I kept spamming pause around that time and eventually found it was just an average hit for 2.7k (not a crit) that was hidden by all the names.

    So, bearing in mind that the RK had capt buffs and damage buffs on, he had 8.7k morale and did some pretty big hits. From that, I can only assume that he had around 6k morale unbuffed and was pretty focused on DPS gear, so seeing those capt/destiny buff improved hits makes more sense.

    I would still like some actual screenshot or video that does show the 12k hit though because at the moment I'm highly sceptical, mainly because it was apparently a crit and not a dev.
    Last edited by Dorothir; Feb 10 2012 at 07:22 AM.

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldburgundy View Post
    LOLOL. burgs are far from being the most OP class. probably ranked about 4th. also far from being facerolly. Before you go all out dissing on a class and trolling why dont you play the class. most find it to be one of the more difficult classes in the game. btw, knives out lasts for 10 seconds and doesn't allow the burg to parry or evade, still a strong skill though. Its on a 2 minute CD.
    Meh, it's probably more difficult than a champ but its still damn easy.

    It's not even hard when you have tried to gimp yourself out to make it more balanced. (rarely using riddle in spars, no touch and go, 25% tact mit and 6k morale) I still win most 1v1's. Reavers beat me by kiting me to death with their bleeds if I don't riddle them. Wargs make it fairly even if they get the jump on me from stealth. WL fights are fair, defiler fights are in my favour. Weaver fights are a joke .... Used to be the toughest class I could fight pre-RoI, with my gimp little butt. But now I can almost 4shot them.

    BA's just tear me to pieces though. Would need to gear myself out better for that.

    I think a gambler build is being called for, for my burg.

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    I find it humorous that this Dorothir character is still trying to spin the 12k hit to make it look like it MUST be perfectly okay for a single player to dish out that much damage in a single skill. It's funny to watch.

    Some people REALLY don't want to have to lose the ezmode they've gotten used to out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100000d43a5/signature.png]Muzfuz[/charsig]
    Harvester of Sorrow, Elf-bane, Man-slayer, Hobbit-foe, Dwarf-foe, Snitch-killer, Hunter-killer, Lore-master's Foe, Minstrel's Foe, Champion's Foe

    [url]http://www.combatparser.com[/url]

  4. #329

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Earlindeaths scored a devastating hit with Devastating Strike on Dashbo for 3,143 Fire damage to Morale.

    oh ya a creep did MASSIVE damage here. only took dr and victory in death on a super low geared freep hunter to do it.

    On heavies my dev strike typically hits slightly more damage than its power cost.

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by AroJay View Post
    I find it humorous that this Dorothir character is still trying to spin the 12k hit to make it look like it MUST be perfectly okay for a single player to dish out that much damage in a single skill. It's funny to watch.

    Some people REALLY don't want to have to lose the ezmode they've gotten used to out there.
    >Implying that all RKs hit 12k.
    >Implying we've had any evidence for the 12k hit.
    >Implying that crits aren't on a RNG system.
    >Implying all RKs are buffed to the eyeballs and built like a glasscannon.
    >Implying that complete flukes count as constant hits.
    >Implying that I give a damn if freeps 'lose their ezmode'.

    Keep it down. I'm trying to actually hear the crying of creeps over your laughable implications.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    128

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Earlind View Post
    Earlindeaths scored a devastating hit with Devastating Strike on Dashbo for 3,143 Fire damage to Morale.

    oh ya a creep did MASSIVE damage here. only took dr and victory in death on a super low geared freep hunter to do it.

    On heavies my dev strike typically hits slightly more damage than its power cost.
    Probably the best DS I've ever heard of. Imagine if you have had WL +25% buff and maybe +5% DP buff too, it could have gone up to 4k, whoah such numbers astound me
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000a4ef4/signature.png]Havocz[/charsig]
    [I]Casual RPer[/I]
    Havocz lvl65 LM, Dalin lvl48 GRD, Berenir lvl32 CPT - [B]members of the same fellowship[/B]
    Narzgash r8 Reaver, Ternakh r6 BA, Lugnakh r4 Warg, Ulburz r4 WL - [B]the creeps who always remain True[/B]
    [U]Snowbourn[/U]
    --
    [I]Never on the dark side. Sauron sucks. Just many bad ones appear among the supposed 'good ones'. So experiencing another aspect of the game.
    Respect your opponent, and you won't regret anything.[/I]

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    Implying that I give a damn if freeps 'lose their ezmode'.
    All the crying you did on Orion's Warg thread would indicate you do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100000d43a5/signature.png]Muzfuz[/charsig]
    Harvester of Sorrow, Elf-bane, Man-slayer, Hobbit-foe, Dwarf-foe, Snitch-killer, Hunter-killer, Lore-master's Foe, Minstrel's Foe, Champion's Foe

    [url]http://www.combatparser.com[/url]

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by AroJay View Post
    All the crying you did on Orion's Warg thread would indicate you do.
    What I was saying in the warg thread was that these changes are just pushing the idea of kiting. I'm opposed to that. I'd prefer wargs just got a big heal and a big bubble over one that they need to keep running to refresh. Since you mistakenly thought this was crying, you're clearly unable to understand basic things so I'll forgive you for being unable to understand what my point in this thread is.

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    790

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    What I was saying in the warg thread was that these changes are just pushing the idea of kiting. I'm opposed to that. I'd prefer wargs just got a big heal and a big bubble over one that they need to keep running to refresh. Since you mistakenly thought this was crying, you're clearly unable to understand basic things so I'll forgive you for being unable to understand what my point in this thread is.
    Actually, what you said was...


    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    You guys wanted your massive warg buff? Enjoy. Just try not to complain if a chimp uses multiple bubbles against you now, since the whole 'bubble every 7 seconds/5% morale heal if not/1% morale heal if removed' skill is the most OP thing I've ever seen.
    to which Orion replied...


    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This is a very funny statement. You haven't seen the skill in action and 1% of the warg's morale is really not that much - the 5% can be a little more interesting but it is hardly OP in our testing so far.
    Orion 1 - Dorothir 0
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    940

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    What I was saying in the warg thread was that these changes are just pushing the idea of kiting. I'm opposed to that. I'd prefer wargs just got a big heal and a big bubble over one that they need to keep running to refresh. Since you mistakenly thought this was crying, you're clearly unable to understand basic things so I'll forgive you for being unable to understand what my point in this thread is.
    So you would rather throw wargs a bone instead of a steak. And you would rather have wargs play the way YOU want them to play?
    That starts I guess with people respecting others points of view. I did try and put it tongue-in-cheek and only semi-serious but I guess that's lost on you.- A forum poster

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhedry View Post
    Actually, what you said was...

    to which Orion replied...

    Orion 1 - Dorothir 0
    And then I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    We haven't been told the size of this small bubble. If it's 250 morale, that's pretty much the same size as the current bubble, just with a chance to heal every 7 seconds either 600 or 120. If it's 500 morale, that's doubled the current bubble AND added the chance to heal.

    From where I'm standing, this skill is doing nothing but giving a reason for wargs to kite all the time.

    What they should have done instead is just taken the current 30 second bubble away (leaving the other effects of the stance), added a seperate skill that adds a 3k/4k bubble with a 5/10 minute cooldown and added another skill that does a 3k/4k heal, with a 10/15 minute cooldown (both only available in the shadow howler stance).
    Good work on failing to show what I said.

    Talking of fail, I don't see how you think that's a win from Orion, since he failed to even give any numbers for the bubble to back up his claim.

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Felajarko View Post
    So you would rather throw wargs a bone instead of a steak. And you would rather have wargs play the way YOU want them to play?
    I'd rather throw them a whole steak over little bits of steak every 7 seconds.

    And I have a warg which is my main creep and the highest ranking character I have, why would I be opposed to godmode changes when it would do nothing but benefit me?

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    940

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'd rather throw them a whole steak over little bits of steak every 7 seconds.

    And I have a warg which is my main creep and the highest ranking character I have, why would I be opposed to godmode changes when it would do nothing but benefit me?
    Maybe this statement? "Keep it down. I'm trying to actually hear the crying of creeps over your laughable implications." Are you one of the creeps crying as well? The damage a creep can do compared to the damage a freep can do is laughable.
    That starts I guess with people respecting others points of view. I did try and put it tongue-in-cheek and only semi-serious but I guess that's lost on you.- A forum poster

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Felajarko View Post
    Maybe this statement? "Keep it down. I'm trying to actually hear the crying of creeps over your laughable implications." Are you one of the creeps crying as well? The damage a creep can do compared to the damage a freep can do is laughable.
    I'm laughing at all these people who don't realise that it's not the 'OPness' of freeps, it's their complete lack of skill. Good creeps can still kill good freeps. Bad creeps cannot kill good freeps. Bad freeps cannot kill good creeps.

    Pretty much the majority of creeps coming in here complaining (not the ones just posting the highest crits they've seen for the fun of it) are clearly so annoyed that they can't kill a freep that they seem to be blind to the fact that loads of creeps can still kill freeps.

  15. #340

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    What I was saying in the warg thread was that these changes are just pushing the idea of kiting. I'm opposed to that. I'd prefer wargs just got a big heal and a big bubble over one that they need to keep running to refresh. Since you mistakenly thought this was crying, you're clearly unable to understand basic things so I'll forgive you for being unable to understand what my point in this thread is.
    Not like you can effective kite any class in this game anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'm laughing at all these people who don't realise that it's not the 'OPness' of freeps, it's their complete lack of skill. Good creeps can still kill good freeps. Bad creeps cannot kill good freeps. Bad freeps cannot kill good creeps.

    Pretty much the majority of creeps coming in here complaining (not the ones just posting the highest crits they've seen for the fun of it) are clearly so annoyed that they can't kill a freep that they seem to be blind to the fact that loads of creeps can still kill freeps.
    A good Creep will always lose to a good Freep. A good Creep has to play amazing to beat an average Freep. Of course it is possible to still kill Freeps, that doesn't mean the current balance is anything near tolerable. I can beat half the Minstrels on my server 1v1, the other half there is next to zero chance at all just because of how fundamentally OP the class is. Etc...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  16. #341

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    Not like you can effective kite any class in this game anymore.


    A good Creep will always lose to a good Freep. A good Creep has to play amazing to beat an average Freep. Of course it is possible to still kill Freeps, that doesn't mean the current balance is anything near tolerable. I can beat half the Minstrels on my server 1v1, the other half there is next to zero chance at all just because of how fundamentally OP the class is. Etc...
    this pretty much.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    940

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'm laughing at all these people who don't realise that it's not the 'OPness' of freeps, it's their complete lack of skill. Good creeps can still kill good freeps. Bad creeps cannot kill good freeps. Bad freeps cannot kill good creeps.

    Pretty much the majority of creeps coming in here complaining (not the ones just posting the highest crits they've seen for the fun of it) are clearly so annoyed that they can't kill a freep that they seem to be blind to the fact that loads of creeps can still kill freeps.
    i understand there are creeps who can kill freeps. I have done it and I have been killed as well. But if you are going to say that freeps are not OPed compared to creeps, then you obviously aren't playing the same game everyone else is.
    That starts I guess with people respecting others points of view. I did try and put it tongue-in-cheek and only semi-serious but I guess that's lost on you.- A forum poster

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    A good Creep will always lose to a good Freep. A good Creep has to play amazing to beat an average Freep. Of course it is possible to still kill Freeps, that doesn't mean the current balance is anything near tolerable. I can beat half the Minstrels on my server 1v1, the other half there is next to zero chance at all just because of how fundamentally OP the class is. Etc...
    If you can beat half the minstrels and lose to the other half, that surely means that those minstrels that can't beat you can only beat half the creeps of your class too. It's not just the class, it's who plays it. That's why you get so many people saying certain classes are OP, because they've just come across a couple of people who are amazing players and completely got destroyed by them.

  19. #344

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'm laughing at all these people who don't realise that it's not the 'OPness' of freeps, it's their complete lack of skill. Good creeps can still kill good freeps. Bad creeps cannot kill good freeps. Bad freeps cannot kill good creeps.

    Pretty much the majority of creeps coming in here complaining (not the ones just posting the highest crits they've seen for the fun of it) are clearly so annoyed that they can't kill a freep that they seem to be blind to the fact that loads of creeps can still kill freeps.
    for someone who plays a creep, you really are delusional. Freeps arent OP? what game have you been playing. most crits in tis thread have been duplicated many many times, a lot of them being 3-4K. dont think i have ever seen a creep hit over 4k. EC regularly takes off half of my wargs/reavers morale, yet according to you thats fine.

    i do fine against freep, winning the majority of 1v1's against everything but mini's. even then, on my warg i have a decent chance against the #### ones, or the ones tht purposely put limits on what they use to make it slightly challenging. i still think freeps are OP, as do any that arent complete idiots.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    for someone who plays a creep, you really are delusional. Freeps arent OP? what game have you been playing. most crits in tis thread have been duplicated many many times, a lot of them being 3-4K. dont think i have ever seen a creep hit over 4k. EC regularly takes off half of my wargs/reavers morale, yet according to you thats fine.
    First thing, a 3 - 4k hit for a freep is the same as a 1.5k - 2k hit for a creep.

    Second, RKs are extremely squishy compared to a reaver and a warg can stun and kill them easily (at least mine can).

    Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    i do fine against freep, winning the majority of 1v1's against everything but mini's. even then, on my warg i have a decent chance against the #### ones, or the ones tht purposely put limits on what they use to make it slightly challenging. i still think freeps are OP, as do any that arent complete idiots.
    Somebody send me to the burns unit!

    So I'm an idiot because I can see the bigger picture where as you can't? I can see why certain things are acceptable because I take into account all the different reasons behind them, yet you seem to think it's as simple as 'herp derp, big crit means OP!'

    I will admit that it will seem like freeps are OP to really poorly played creeps, that's probably a reason as to why I don't see freeps as OP when I'm on my warg. Or maybe my server is just full of really bad freeps and really good creeps, so it looks balanced.

  21. #346

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    If you can beat half the minstrels and lose to the other half, that surely means that those minstrels that can't beat you can only beat half the creeps of your class too. It's not just the class, it's who plays it. That's why you get so many people saying certain classes are OP, because they've just come across a couple of people who are amazing players and completely got destroyed by them.
    No. Said Minstrels find it impossible to lose vs any Creep class. I'm probably one of the most successful 1v1 Wargs on my server atm. I can only think of 2-3 other comparable Wargs and all of those would lose to the better breed of Mins and all of them are well known on the server as exceptional players. The Minnies I end up beating have overwhelming success records otherwise, too.


    On my Minny I never even close to maybe losing vs ANY Creep. It is the class. And I don't ever use everything in my arsenal 1v1. You're wrong. Amazingly wrong.
    Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Feb 10 2012 at 05:33 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #347
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    No. Said Minstrels find it impossible to lose vs any Creep class on the server. I'm probably one of the most successful 1v1 Wargs on my server atm. The Minnies I end up beat have overwhelming success records otherwise. On my Minny I never even close to maybe losing vs ANY Creep. It is the class. You're wrong.
    Oh you're a warg? I thought you'd be a warleader or something, to out heal the mins DPS. Well thank you for being proof that it's not the class that's OP, it's the player's behind them. If it was the class, your warg would have no chance against minstrels no matter who played them.

    So, clearly, I'm right and you've been kind enough to prove it.

  23. #348

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I dont mind Captains as much since they is the only class which cant go above 4k.

    Guardians cant hit above 4k either, but make it up with op mitigations, example: A guardian can run in and out of a creep raid multiple times.

    Champions have one bubble/heal too many.

    Minis can fill all four roles of the instance finder without a problem.

    Loremasters can use a massive AoE skill which can hit above 6k and being followed by 3k's lightning storms

    Burgs can hit you for 6k from behind and disappear right after.

    Hunters have ALOT of mad dps, Example: Penetrating shot for 2.2k, 2.2k and a 1.6k

    Rune Keepers got a instant skill which can deal more damage than I can with every skill I have.

    So yeah, I dont mind cappys as much though they are a pain
    I do not mind them either! lol I have a liketime and 6 I have creeps ranked from 2-8 and have been around long before buying of tps traits. I run my capt red most of time except fels/raids then I gowith fellowship brother.

    My phys mastery is quite high even though I do not have 2-3 of the might jewerys pieces.

    Lets go warden! mike lol

  24. #349

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    Oh you're a warg? I thought you'd be a warleader or something, to out heal the mins DPS. Well thank you for being proof that it's not the class that's OP, it's the player's behind them. If it was the class, your warg would have no chance against minstrels no matter who played them.

    So, clearly, I'm right and you've been kind enough to prove it.
    Did you even read my post? I explicitly state any Mins with half a brain can't lose. And those that do lose only ever do to some of the best players.
    Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Feb 10 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  25. #350

    Re: Ridiculous Crits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post

    So I'm an idiot because I can see the bigger picture where as you can't? I can see why certain things are acceptable because I take into account all the different reasons behind them, yet you seem to think it's as simple as 'herp derp, big crit means OP!'

    I will admit that it will seem like freeps are OP to really poorly played creeps, that's probably a reason as to why I don't see freeps as OP when I'm on my warg. Or maybe my server is just full of really bad freeps and really good creeps, so it looks balanced.
    actually, you seem to be the one with a narrow mind. a monkey could be successful on a mini or a champ out there atm.

    according to you, these large crit are acceptable because creeps have more morale. ok, what about mits? freeps have MUCH higher mits than creeps, put out much higher dps, and in the case of guard/warden, can reach the same morale pools unbuffed, higher when fully buffed. seem balanced to you? on my warg, i can pick and choose my fights, so it seems more balanced, as if i dont want to fight something, or i start a fight i realize i cant win, i can escape fairly easily. so in that instance, it might SEEM more balanced, but its really not. again, your the one that seems to have the narrow mind here.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

 

 
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload