We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Re: Ridiculous Crits

I didnt have much going on this weekend so i logged in to play on my warg a bit. The moors seemed quite unusually dead for a Sunday with only a few freeps out hanging around EC, so i did a little bit of both pve and pvp to pass time. Roamed around a bit and caught a LM with about 10k morale riding back to EC from GV. Fighting ensued and then 2 other freeps rode in and i disappeared while the LM was going through an induction on her Lightning Storm which critted 3x with a bit over 2.7k each for a total of about 8.1k morale. My warg has almost 12k morale and i barely got away with less than 2k with the hunter tracking me right after i disappeared but didnt pursue lol.

Thank you for reminding me how imbalance and broken this game is Turbine.

Miredis scored a critical hit with Devastating Blow on Purebloodnakh for 2,669 Beleriand damage to Morale.

Not even a Dev hit

The only balance for turbine seems to be;

Is the Work done balanced with the cash made!!

Love all the bad freeps in the moors at the moment, even the crappiest player knows how OP freeps r, so out they come camping greenies at lug rez/OC.

Luckily the average skill of these dumb freeps is lower than an NPC, so they make great BA fodder.

Thankyou Turbine for facerolling overconfident freeps.

/sarc

Pentar scored a devastating hit with Epic Conclusion on Tunaki for 7,327 Lightning damage to Morale.

oh my my....why do i even come back to this game...smh

Quote Originally Posted by zaskoda View Post
    To be fair I've dev'd a blade toss on an RK for 2k also, but I think champ ranged damage is better than reavers still. BT only really does good damage with positional.
    Ya I never thought how Turbine basically combined melee and ranged offence to the same stat was ever a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gimli4480 View Post
    Ya I never thought how Turbine basically combined melee and ranged offence to the same stat was ever a good idea.
    Compared to what melee skills on a hunter did before I am quite happy with my 1k dazing blow. Fully equipped, balance really is off the chain. Crits are too high compared to morale pools for medium and light armour while I would say dmg dealt by classes with the highest mitigations AND morale is too high as well.

Our R14 PvP Hunter sits around 75% morale and 30%power of our rank 14 minstrel while both probably deal about the same damage (burst though, of course). That is a bit off. Heavies are running around with close to 190% of that hunters morale, while still dealing really efficient dmg.
    Wargs can, when the knock a medium or light armour down, deal about 3k in five seconds while a hunter can deal 6k with two shots. The same warg might only deal half the damage to a heavy armour class. The whole compilation of stats and merging of important stats into one class specific while loosing the cap opened the doors to some crazy things. On the whole not a good idea I daresay.

ohwait I forgot this one

Drenarino scored a devastating hit with Improved Vital Target on Willad for 4,600 Fire damage to Morale.

dev crit on a naked level 40 burg , wish he was debuffed, I also forgot to use keen eye.

Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    Compared to what melee skills on a hunter did before I am quite happy with my 1k dazing blow. Fully equipped, balance really is off the chain. Crits are too high compared to morale pools for medium and light armour while I would say dmg dealt by classes with the highest mitigations AND morale is too high as well.

Our R14 PvP Hunter sits around 75% morale and 30%power of our rank 14 minstrel while both probably deal about the same damage (burst though, of course). That is a bit off. Heavies are running around with close to 190% of that hunters morale, while still dealing really efficient dmg.
    Wargs can, when the knock a medium or light armour down, deal about 3k in five seconds while a hunter can deal 6k with two shots. The same warg might only deal half the damage to a heavy armour class. The whole compilation of stats and merging of important stats into one class specific while loosing the cap opened the doors to some crazy things. On the whole not a good idea I daresay.
    Wrong, hunters can deal 6k damage with one shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Wrong, hunters can deal 6k damage with one shot...
    and when they are bored can hit 10-12k too

8k morale champ vs 15k morale reaver. Champ does 5k dev. That's a 33% morale hit. To meet that, the reaver would have to do around 2.6k on a devastating hit.

6k morale burger vs 12k morale warg. Burg does a 2k crit. 16% morale hit. Warg would need to do around 1k crit to meet that.

7k morale hunter vs 13k morale BA. Hunter does a 4k crit. 30% hit. BA needs to do 2.1k crit to meet that.

You need to factor in a lot of differences (e.g. resistances, mitigations, DPS) but if you want to actually compare crits, just go for what morale % it is. More often than not, you'll find that the massive freep crit isn't actually as big in terms of percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    8k morale champ vs 15k morale reaver. Champ does 5k dev. That's a 33% morale hit. To meet that, the reaver would have to do around 2.6k on a devastating hit.

6k morale burger vs 12k morale warg. Burg does a 2k crit. 16% morale hit. Warg would need to do around 1k crit to meet that.

7k morale hunter vs 13k morale BA. Hunter does a 4k crit. 30% hit. BA needs to do 2.1k crit to meet that.

You need to factor in a lot of differences (e.g. resistances, mitigations, DPS) but if you want to actually compare crits, just go for what morale % it is. More often than not, you'll find that the massive freep crit isn't actually as big in terms of percentage.
    only 3k from a burg....yea, i wish lol. reaver hitting anywhere CLOSE to that on a champ i would love to see. actually i would lvoe to see that against any freep(withou DR). and lastly, hunter only hiting 4k? yea, maybe if they just hit 75 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    only 3k from a burg....yea, i wish lol. reaver hitting anywhere CLOSE to that on a champ i would love to see. actually i would lvoe to see that against any freep(withou DR). and lastly, hunter only hiting 4k? yea, maybe if they just hit 75 10 minutes ago.
    Those are just crits I've seen. I could do a dev for champs because I am one. Plus, reavers have hit me for that with a Devastating Strike dev.

The point was, if you see a freep hitting for around 5k, remember that it's not that much in terms of morale %. These 10k hunter devs are mental, though. Must be so glass cannony that you can nuke them in 5 seconds anyway.

You have a point, avarage freep crits/devs are not that big considering creep morale. But think about it:

8k morale champ doesn't potentially have just 8k morale. With both his bubbles (which he can use pretty often), he has 13-14k morale. Let's not count Dire need, manheal or pots here, with those the champ might go up to 20k. So we end up with him having nearly the same morale of the reaver and 2x-3x more dps and crits. Does the reaver have any real opportunities to selfheal/increase his max morale? No.

Burg can pop TnG, Knives out very often. Those potentially make him receive significantly reduced damage for a significant time. Does the warg, too, possess such skills? No.

Hunter usually crit higher than 4k, at least with Heart Seeker (not considering penetrating shot spam). Mcyer finishes me easily in less than 10 secs at least. But hunters are indeed squishy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc007 View Post
    You have a point, avarage freep crits/devs are not that big considering creep morale. But think about it:

8k morale champ doesn't potentially have just 8k morale. With both his bubbles (which he can use pretty often), he has 13-14k morale. Let's not count Dire need, manheal or pots here, with those the champ might go up to 20k. So we end up with him having nearly the same morale of the reaver and 2x-3x more dps and crits. Does the reaver have any real opportunities to selfheal/increase his max morale? No.

Burg can pop TnG, Knives out very often. Those potentially make him receive significantly reduced damage for a significant time. Does the warg, too, possess such skills? No.

Hunter usually crit higher than 4k, at least with Heart Seeker (not considering penetrating shot spam). Mcyer finishes me easily in less than 10 secs at least. But hunters are indeed squishy though.
    Exactly

We are not just dealing with ridiculous DPS

There are also the ridiculous Freepside defensive buffs

Then we have the CD resets most Freeps have and most Creeps do not

Bottom line= major unbalances

But thats another story (or thread)....

Guardian

Twinklestar scored a critical hit with Stagger on Purebloodnakh for 1,467 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    Twinklestar scored a critical hit with Brutal Assault on Purebloodnakh for 1,329 Beleriand damage to Morale

Spamming for 1.4K +

Purebloodnakh scored a critical hit with Eye Rake on Jebodiah for 507 Shadow damage to Morale.

Guard has 3X the DPS of Warg

You left out the "I WIN" skill called moving target.
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Quote Originally Posted by shilow7 View Post
    You left out the "I WIN" skill called moving target.
    Lol? You left out the "I WIN" skill Eldar's Grace, or Touch and Go x2!

But your post isn't serious, it can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Lol? You left out the "I WIN" skill Eldar's Grace
    DAFUQ? 1h CD for 10s of +75% PARRY. You call that OP?!

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc007 View Post

Again I was jsut pulling numbers out of thin air. I do not know how much a hunter usually crits but it is way off. So are the crits they receive compared to their morale. It is just the huge gap between heavy armour classes and medium light ones. I was hit with a t3 dot in dying rage by a reaver that was actually ticking for 350-400 every two seconds. I guess it would deal way less damage to a guardian. Fully equipped I will be sitting at 6k morale. Upon meeting a 11k BA, I might hit him with two enormous hits in a second, in the same time his two dots might deal proportionally the same dmg to me. It is just too fast at the moment.

Those are just crits I've seen. I could do a dev for champs because I am one. Plus, reavers have hit me for that with a Devastating Strike dev.

The point was, if you see a freep hitting for around 5k, remember that it's not that much in terms of morale %. These 10k hunter devs are mental, though. Must be so glass cannony that you can nuke them in 5 seconds anyway.
    tbh, if your champ is getting hit for 2.6k with DS, you must not be wearing and gear, and you must have zero virtues equipped. theres champs on BW that i CRIT DS on for 1.1k. the TOOLTIP for me is 1.2k. i rarely dev against champs, although the highest i have dev'd is 1.8k(which totally blew my mind when i saw it lol). the only feasible way i could see reaver DS hitting a champ for 2.6k is with rend flesh(+10% damage i believe, not exactly sure on numbers)aura of command(+25% melee damage), and with the champ having VERY low tact mit, as in they don t equip a single piece of tact mit gear, and dont really use any tact mit virtues. hell, my mini and lm dont get hit that hard by DS, and their tact mit is around 25%. only time i have seen above 2.1k on my lm is when the reaver used DR in a 1v1(ended up being a 3.1k dev from a rank 13 reaver)

hunters that hit that hard, generally are in the 5-6k morale range, which does make them super squishy, however, when they do it in an open field so you can't LOS, are camo'd so you can interrupt it, not a whole lot you can to do prevent it. the guy that hit 10.8k on a WL, i would hate to see what he could do to a spider or warg.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    It is just too fast at the moment.
    i have to agree. the moors, for a while now, have all been about massive burst dps.

i have to agree. the moors, for a while now, have all been about massive burst dps.
    Freeps DPS > Creep DPS

Massive or not

Aink scored a devastating hit with Remorseless Strike on Purebloodnakh for 4,869 Beleriand damage to Morale

Should a Melee class be able to take 1/2 R11 Warg morale with 1 button?

And on a 2 min CD guaranteed crit....Improved Seeking Blade

Either nerf ISB or buff Wargs/Reavers

Kelsan.. You do realize you are supposed to be on CREEPs side of PVMP development ? It is beyond belief that you abandon us in this situation
    Last edited by PurebloodWorg; Jan 30 2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurebloodWorg View Post
    Should a Melee class be able to take 1/2 R11 Warg morale with 1 button?
    Your warg has 9738 morale, does it? With 1 button 1/2 of it's gone? Try 3 buttons minimum and a getting lucky on it being a devstate.

And on a 2 min CD guaranteed crit....Improved Seeking Blade

Either nerf ISB or buff Wargs/Reavers
    Strange that you're transfixed by ISB but not with the burg version which has a short cooldown and does dev instead of crit.

Kelsan.. You do realize you are supposed to be on CREEPs side of PVMP development ? It is beyond belief that you abandon us in this situation

Your warg has 9738 morale, does it? With 1 button 1/2 of it's gone? Try 3 buttons minimum and a getting lucky on it being a devstate.

Strange that you're transfixed by ISB but not with the burg version which has a short cooldown and does dev instead of crit.

Yes my DPS build for Warg is around 9K....One RS with a crit = 1/2 of 9K gone

Scared of nerf?

"Hey dont look at how ridiculously OP ISB is...look over there at Burgs armor set bonus !"

LOL

The day is coming "Champion" when either your ISB will get nerfed...or Creeps will get a comparable skill

Then the real QQ will begin

Update 6:
    Champion changes :
    ISB cooldown has been raised to 30 min

Last edited by PurebloodWorg; Jan 30 2012 at 01:02 PM.

worst part. the 5 stun's/dazes in a row. i knew EC was coming, was going to hips out and let the reaver get blasted, but of course, with stun pot on CD, i had to HOPE that you wouldnt get FIVE!!! mezz's/stuns in a row :P oh well.

i actually agree that RK's arent as bad as they used to be. i was getting hit with 7k EC's pre-RoI, so i feel as though RK's crit damage was nerfed SLIGHTLY, although they still have multiple skills that crit for over 2k, and a spam attack that can crit for 1.5k
    yep, and now our armour is capped as well, so we lost quite a bit of armour, and our dps is below what it was when we were lvl 65, also most rk's only have about 1k more morale for 10 extra levels, i have well over 2000 will compared to 650 at lvl 65, rk's have not progressed at all, the ONLY thing keeping the wargs away while i'm fighting is knowing that the second they pounce me, i'll pot and take them down with me. given how very visual and obvious perfect imagery and EC are, the second you cast them it's like holding up a sign saying: over here please kill me, i can't hurt you at all. which makes me not want to cast them unless i'm about to die.

add to that that creep morale has almost doubled....... it's kinda sad to see such a great class destroyed by it's dev, check the rk forums, our dev never posts anything at all, ever, except to say how much survivability we have (even when the whole community of the class and even other classes including creeps tell him otherwise)

enough QQ for 1 day lol
    Last edited by loki84; Jan 30 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast