We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Re: Ridiculous Crits

Quote Originally Posted by Dercin View Post
    I don't have a problem with creeps criting higher....

Quote Originally Posted by klorphaxius View Post
    You've hit me with a dev for 7k+ before, there's a reason I won't attack you with fewer than 3 other wargs.
    You don't attack anything with fewer than 3 wargs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't have a problem with creeps criting higher. The vast majority of freeps would need more morale/mitigations to compensate though. What's a 7.5k morale burg to do when every creep starts criting for thousands regularly? Seriously, op cds aside, you still die pretty fast with moderate focus fire.
    Heavy armored mincies pls! With at least 10k morale pool! There must be something to protect them from the insane 2k creep crits which they just cannot outheal even on heal traits. They even have a chance of D Y I N G if just 5-6 creeps are on them! Freeps are not intended to lose a fight. And while we are at it, sigil of battle drop rate should be nerfed too.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000a4ef4/signature.png]Havocz[/charsig]
    [I]Casual RPer[/I]
    Havocz lvl65 LM, Dalin lvl48 GRD, Berenir lvl32 CPT - [B]members of the same fellowship[/B]
    Narzgash r8 Reaver, Ternakh r6 BA, Lugnakh r4 Warg, Ulburz r4 WL - [B]the creeps who always remain True[/B]
    [U]Snowbourn[/U]
    --
    [I]Never on the dark side. Sauron sucks. Just many bad ones appear among the supposed 'good ones'. So experiencing another aspect of the game.
    Respect your opponent, and you won't regret anything.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by gunlang View Post
    *pictures*
    your post make me laught hard this rly make my day !
    +rep

Drakknarg - Warg rank 9

My journey at Middle-earth start around 25 October 2007 (SoA Book 11)

What's a 7.5k morale burg to do when every creep starts criting for thousands regularly?
    Pop Touch and Go, kill something easily, then HIPS away and laugh?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100000d43a5/signature.png]Muzfuz[/charsig]
    Harvester of Sorrow, Elf-bane, Man-slayer, Hobbit-foe, Dwarf-foe, Snitch-killer, Hunter-killer, Lore-master's Foe, Minstrel's Foe, Champion's Foe

[url]http://www.combatparser.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by AroJay View Post
    Pop Touch and Go, kill something easily, then HIPS away and laugh?
    If there's any decent BA in the area, you give TnG too much credit, as the big BA hits ignore it

As funny as that post was Gunlang, and it was, it doesn't make me wrong. Honestly, with some strategy, you can force any freep to blow cds and run. I get warg knockdown'd all the time on mini which pretty much either removes me from the fight offensively or I get focus fired down, mission complete.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

Zhoenn scored a devastating hit with Lightning-storm on Taylorgangordie for 4,505 Lightning damage to Morale.

followed up by two 1.5k hits.

7.5k total damage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman865301 View Post
    Zhoenn scored a devastating hit with Lightning-storm on Taylorgangordie for 4,505 Lightning damage to Morale.

followed up by two 1.5k hits.

7.5k total damage.
    5 target AOE skill :S

I loooove LM's aoe skills

"only" crit.

not crits, but 4,5k with aoe skill is not ok:

and my fav. - 2 skills critting for lower value than 1 champs' autoattack

just saying...that ents isnt all that great :P with my lm under geared, i hit an WL for a 6.8k ents. sure it was a dev, but at the time i had 2 pieces of draig gear, only barter jewelry, and a 3rd age staff. now if i dev crit ents, my guess is i could 1 shot a greenie warg/spider :/ all the while, this is an AOE...
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

A hunter critted on me twice in one night, in the most annoying way. He was stealthed right before the attack, so I had no warning of being watched. Anyway, that initial hit took off over 10,000 of my morale, and the ensuing 'fight' was a one-sided joke. Absolutely ridiculous.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow

If there's any decent BA in the area, you give TnG too much credit, as the big BA hits ignore it
    Having to use high ranked skills bought from the store in order to kill a burg sounds reasonable. It's not like they can just cc you and kill you with ease.

I loooove LM's aoe skills

"only" crit.

not crits, but 4,5k with aoe skill is not ok:

and my fav. - 2 skills critting for lower value than 1 champs' autoattack

LM AOE's are brutal. I had a nice ballanced group (5), we found a captan and two LM's, and in less then 10 seconds we were all toast. Everyone checked their combat logs and they all looked like that only x2 due to there being two LM's.

Mini's get DPS and self heals and people recognize they are OP

LM's get crazy CC and AOE skills but not much get said. I know 1v1 they arn't as strong as a mini but in a small group V's small group they are as OP as it gets.
    "the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best" - Henry VanDyke

I don't have a problem with creeps criting higher. The vast majority of freeps would need more morale/mitigations to compensate though. What's a 7.5k morale burg to do when every creep starts criting for thousands regularly? Seriously, op cds aside, you still die pretty fast with moderate focus fire.
    The Burg probably changes his build to actually stack something other than agility so he can succeed in something other than 1-2 shotting Creeps.

As funny as that post was Gunlang, and it was, it doesn't make me wrong. Honestly, with some strategy, you can force any freep to blow cds and run. I get warg knockdown'd all the time on mini which pretty much either removes me from the fight offensively or I get focus fired down, mission complete.
    Like 2 skills on a BA hit through TNG.

There is nothing a single Creep can realistically do against a competent Burg, Guard, Mins, RK, and even LM in most cases. Luckily PvP isn't a focus in this game and the overwhelming majority of players in and out of PvP are awful so the point is mostly moot...if everyone was hypothetically playing their classes to their fullest ability you would never have anyone entertaining the possibility of Creeps standing a chance.

Even Warden and Hunter have overall more of a chance, fundamentally speaking, to succeed in 1v1s than ANY Creep class.
    Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Jan 21 2012 at 02:10 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ksjock View Post
    LM AOE's are brutal. I had a nice ballanced group (5), we found a captan and two LM's, and in less then 10 seconds we were all toast. Everyone checked their combat logs and they all looked like that only x2 due to there being two LM's.

Mini's get DPS and self heals and people recognize they are OP

LM's get crazy CC and AOE skills but not much get said. I know 1v1 they arn't as strong as a mini but in a small group V's small group they are as OP as it gets.
    It's probably because they can be countered easily. An interrupt, a silence or a disarm, and they're out. While a Minstrel can be countered too, it's a bit more difficult. For Champion even more so.
    It may also have to do with the fact that LMs suffer from long cooldowns to do their big hits, but Minstrels and Champions can keep going and going.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    It's probably because they can be countered easily. An interrupt, a silence or a disarm, and they're out. While a Minstrel can be countered too, it's a bit more difficult. For Champion even more so.
    It may also have to do with the fact that LMs suffer from long cooldowns to do their big hits, but Minstrels and Champions can keep going and going.
    Burgs can also easily reset CDs

Best i got hit for was 10,245 from heartseeker thx turbine.

It's not like that the 2m cd of ents and 5m cd of wisdom (i think it has been scaled down to 5m in RoI) would be too long considering the huge 5-target aoe damage of ents concetenated with a pretty long stun and the nearly full-scale self-healing + decent 1m self-buff of wisdom. Ents is like if a stronger version of BA's Improved VT would be 5-target AoE not with a DoT but with a long stun on each target. You can picture the sea of QQ and rage from freeps if VT would be like that :P Also, do not forget Light of the rising dawn, with a pretty short cd, ridiculously short induction, nice dmg and stun (I remember running around pre-RoI in skirmishes, sometimes oneshotting weaker mobs with it, with maxed FA legacy it can be deadly).
    If I recall these can't be reset by the 5m cd Call to valar but it resets cd on other powerful skills instead plus grants a 10sec interrupt/setback/silence immunity when LMs can casually cast anything even against wargies as long as the LoS is kept. Still silenced? Pop a fear pot or have a cappy friend remove it. Disarmed? Remove it with in-combat instant knowledge of cures (or pot too). They're deadly kiters too, slow you by 30% with embers then running around spamming that and wizard's fire. Also cannot stun them due to their sign. Not only their Aoe and CC is insane but also their CC-protection as well as protection from hamstring. So they cant be countered that easily. Nowadays LMs are the ones I avoid the most among non-heavy classes (exluding minies ofc).
    OP a bit indeed, still nothing like mincers of champs though.

I don't get it, you have a problem with the fact that skilled wargs with proper strategy on higher ranks stand a chance against minstrels? Or are you just encouraging creeps to develop greater skills playing their classes and they will eventually be able to beat minies? One of wargs' purposes is to impair tactical/ranged classes. I don't think it is wrong that they can eventually win. Even so, they have to have a perfect timing, striking from stealth, knowing their class and mini class fully well + possibly have all skills up to r10 as well as some anti-cc stuff to stand a chance. Still they have a poor chance to beat skilled mincers.
    About BA, only BA skill that effectively strikes through B/P/E is Steadfast barrage (r10 channeled skill), with a 2min cd, each of the shots score only a bit more dps than autoattack, and they never crit. The only effective weapon of creeps against TnG. Besides, if the burglar moves out of range, out of LoS or hipses, maybe stuns/dazes the BA, the channel breakes, there you have it. He basically has to stand in front of the BA /emote-ing to him gently for it to be really effective. And BA is the most powerful creep class ^^
    Last edited by Havoc007; Jan 21 2012 at 12:15 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000a4ef4/signature.png]Havocz[/charsig]
    [I]Casual RPer[/I]
    Havocz lvl65 LM, Dalin lvl48 GRD, Berenir lvl32 CPT - [B]members of the same fellowship[/B]
    Narzgash r8 Reaver, Ternakh r6 BA, Lugnakh r4 Warg, Ulburz r4 WL - [B]the creeps who always remain True[/B]
    [U]Snowbourn[/U]
    --
    [I]Never on the dark side. Sauron sucks. Just many bad ones appear among the supposed 'good ones'. So experiencing another aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc007 View Post
    It's not like that the 2m cd of ents and 5m cd of wisdom (i think it has been scaled down to 5m in RoI) would be too long considering the huge 5-target aoe damage of ents concetenated with a pretty long stun and the nearly full-scale self-healing + decent 1m self-buff of wisdom. Ents is like if a stronger version of BA's Improved VT would be 5-target AoE not with a DoT but with a long stun on each target. You can picture the sea of QQ and rage from freeps if VT would be like that :P Also, do not forget Light of the rising dawn, with a pretty short cd, ridiculously short induction, nice dmg and stun (I remember running around pre-RoI in skirmishes, sometimes oneshotting weaker mobs with it, with maxed FA legacy it can be deadly).
    If I recall these can't be reset by the 5m cd Call to valar but it resets cd on other powerful skills instead plus grants a 10sec interrupt/setback/silence immunity when LMs can casually cast anything even against wargies as long as the LoS is kept. Still silenced? Pop a fear pot or have a cappy friend remove it. Disarmed? Remove it with in-combat instant knowledge of cures (or pot too). They're deadly kiters too, slow you by 30% with embers then running around spamming that and wizard's fire. Also cannot stun them due to their sign. Not only their Aoe and CC is insane but also their CC-protection as well as protection from hamstring. So they cant be countered that easily. Nowadays LMs are the ones I avoid the most among non-heavy classes (exluding minies ofc).

I don't get it, you have a problem with the fact that skilled wargs with proper strategy on higher ranks stand a chance against minstrels? Or are you just encouraging creeps to develop greater skills playing their classes and they will eventually be able to beat minies? One of wargs' purposes is to impair tactical/ranged classes. I don't think it is wrong that they can eventually win. Even so, they have to have a perfect timing, striking from stealth, knowing their class and mini class fully well + possibly have all skills up to r10 as well as some anti-cc stuff to stand a chance. Still they have a poor chance to beat skilled mincers.
    About BA, only BA skill that effectively strikes through B/P/E is Steadfast barrage (r10 channeled skill), with a 2min cd, each of the shots score only a bit more dps than autoattack, and they never crit. The only effective weapon of creeps against TnG. Besides, if the burglar moves out of range, out of LoS or hipses, maybe stuns/dazes the BA, the channel breakes, there you have it. He basically has to stand in front of the BA /emote-ing to him gently for it to be really effective. And BA is the most OP creep class ^^
    Lm can remove silences too, same skill that grants stun immunity cures silences (and can be used while silenced). But 90% of LMs dont now that :S

...And BA is the most powerful creep class ^^
    FTFY

using word "overpowered" in relation to creeps is just wrong

About BA, only BA skill that effectively strikes through B/P/E is Steadfast barrage (r10 channeled skill), with a 2min cd, each of the shots score only a bit more dps than autoattack, and they never crit. The only effective weapon of creeps against TnG. Besides, if the burglar moves out of range, out of LoS or hipses, maybe stuns/dazes the BA, the channel breakes, there you have it. He basically has to stand in front of the BA /emote-ing to him gently for it to be really effective. And BA is the most OP creep class ^^
    fairly sure LOS doesnt matter with steadfast. although any damage breaks the channel from what i have read/heard.

and as another poster stated, dont use OP and creeps in the same sentence :P

you grossly overestimate LM's. im starting to think you just suck against them thats why you QQ. sure decently geared lm's that know how to play are beasts, but those are few and far between. other than the 10 sec grace period that call to valar gives, most lm inductions are a pain to get off, and are easily interrupted. FYI pounce, NYD, eye rake, gut punch, fracture, fear, and any other interrupts i am missing, all can still interrupt inductions DURING the 10 seconds. all the skill does is give setback immunity from damage. interrupts still work fine.

to be honest, you have to know how to fight an lm, but that isnt all that hard. as a reaver, i tear up most lm's with ease. making them pop wisdom is just a bonus. they still die. yes, lm's are "op" in the right hands(not sure anything is OP compared to mini's&champs right now), but there arent a whole lot of people that can play an lm very well.

yes, lm crit damage is high, maybe a little over the top(im thinking ents and lightning crits), but you have to realize that their inductions are horrendous to get off at times. 1 warg/reaver, or even a spider, can set back lm inductions enough to where they can only get lotrd or maybe BE off.

cant really QQ about lm's with all the DR in the moors nowadays. you would have enjoyed playing back during SoA if you think now is bad lol.

EDIT:missed this somehow first time through. BE slow is 30%, they need this to make room to actually get off any skills pretty much, even then, RK's have a slow on a shorter induction, with on the move higher DPS that lm's. if your going to complain about a class that kites, complain about rk's lol. please learn the class before you QQ
    Last edited by 0987654321; Jan 21 2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

My LM stacked 10.6k unbuffed, a burg can do way better. I lost 1 v 1's only to the top warg on our server (I'm a mouse/finger clicker person so I'm at a huge disadvantage to him), everything else was toast and I trait ancient master, the worse 1 v 1 trait line you can do for LM. The thought that freeps have low morale is just ####, you can build for more and not really give up much dps if you just change out a piece of jewelry or two.

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/file...-9a11-jpg.html

The captain applied the healing mark, i healed myself for 1396 morale ...
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    EDIT:missed this somehow first time through. BE slow is 30%, they need this to make room to actually get off any skills pretty much, even then, RK's have a slow on a shorter induction, with on the move higher DPS that lm's. if your going to complain about a class that kites, complain about rk's lol. please learn the class before you QQ
    And please learn to look at my signature before flaming me for QQing randomly without the slightest knowledge of anything. From the fact alone that LM is my highest lvl freep you can guess it's my main char. I've been playing it since SoA times, early 2008, for years as my main, the reason it's not lvl75 and geared now is that I don't really care about RoI content and stick to creep play mostly.
    Also roamed quite a lot of times with him in Ettens. And if I cought a reaver before he could charge or noticed a warg before he could strike, bam, I've already won. (Maybe nowadays reavers stand a better chance though due to the snare of Blade Toss). Keep burning embers and all possible dots up, if a creep still seems to catch up with you, stun him, possibly with LotRD. Kite-kite-kite, you won the fight if you start it the right way and have some decent reflexes. Melee classes don't stand a chance this way (yes obvious I know ranged classes still pwn you mostly). Still not a kiting like an RK, but pretty much effective kiting. Slow, new, incompetent LMs, sure, they are easy meat. But also note LMs only got stronger during the years.
    Besides, I didn't state LMs are an unbeatable invincible OP beasts like (or even worse than) minstrels, as I've said, a previous poster claimed that they are that. I've only reacted to another previous poster that they are not THAT easily counterable, if a player isn't a complete noob at his own class.

FTFY

using word "overpowered" in relation to creeps is just wrong
    Thanks Though I didn't say BA is an OP class, I've said it's the most OP among creep classes. That might as well mean that it's the least underpowered bunch among the other miserable freep mats
    Last edited by Havoc007; Jan 21 2012 at 12:14 PM.
    [I]Casual RPer[/I]
    [U]Snowbourn[/U]
    --

It's not like that the 2m cd of ents and 5m cd of wisdom (i think it has been scaled down to 5m in RoI) would be too long considering the huge 5-target aoe damage of ents concetenated with a pretty long stun and the nearly full-scale self-healing + decent 1m self-buff of wisdom.
    It has. (This makes it a bit hard to believe LM is your main)

Ents is like if a stronger version of BA's Improved VT would be 5-target AoE not with a DoT but with a long stun on each target. You can picture the sea of QQ and rage from freeps if VT would be like that :P
    I wouldn't want it on my BA, that's for sure. I prefer to fight from a distance on BA, I certainly don't want to run to a melee brawl every time I want to use VT.

Also, do not forget Light of the rising dawn, with a pretty short cd, ridiculously short induction, nice dmg and stun (I remember running around pre-RoI in skirmishes, sometimes oneshotting weaker mobs with it, with maxed FA legacy it can be deadly).
    If I recall these can't be reset by the 5m cd Call to valar but it resets cd on other powerful skills instead plus grants a 10sec interrupt/setback/silence immunity when LMs can casually cast anything even against wargies as long as the LoS is kept.
    No, sorry, it doesn't give immunity to silence/interrupt. Only damage setback. They are easily interrupted.

Still silenced? Pop a fear pot or have a cappy friend remove it. Disarmed? Remove it with in-combat instant knowledge of cures (or pot too).
    But you see, therein lies the LM's weakness; if they choose to cure a silence/disarm with skills, they lose valuable time. A LM's attack duration is very slow and some of the animations are long and must be completed, so they lose several seconds if they try to cure these things themselves. And as you well know, they go down fast when targetted, in fact a good strategy against LMs is keeping them busy like that. Most will take the bait and be killed before they realise it.

They're deadly kiters too, slow you by 30% with embers then running around spamming that and wizard's fire. Also cannot stun them due to their sign. Not only their Aoe and CC is insane but also their CC-protection as well as protection from hamstring.
    Their BE slow is slow to cast and it's only 30%, nothing a BA or spider can't fix.
    Also, protection from Hamstring? I must have missed something.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

But you see, therein lies the LM's weakness; if they choose to cure a silence/disarm with skills, they lose valuable time. A LM's attack duration is very slow and some of the animations are long and must be completed, so they lose several seconds if they try to cure these things themselves. And as you well know, they go down fast when targetted, in fact a good strategy against LMs is keeping them busy like that. Most will take the bait and be killed before they realise it.

Their BE slow is slow to cast and it's only 30%, nothing a BA or spider can't fix.
    Also, protection from Hamstring? I must have missed something.
    My LM doesn't go down easy, is traited Ancient master and I still can kill pretty much at will. Hell, im only above average in skill so i'm not even in the good category like someone on our server like garney is. If you are having troubles on your LM against anything but the absolute best wargs, you need to rethink how you are playing your LM, or you need to invest a few points into the intelligence skill.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast