We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: The (New) Good 1v1 Thread

Its 36k comms for rank 7 and above Creeps, 35k comms for Freep armour. Unless you're a Spider or Warg, then you have to buy skills too, (6k comms) and no, they aren't available in the store. You're slipping turbine, I would have bought my rank 4, 5, and 7 skills on my rank 11 spider from the store.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Xael, will our epic 16v8 that happened near LC with your WL ever happen in a WZ? I think not. Still the highlight of any PvP I've ever done. Does it happen every day? Hell no.

Zrod, will that epic battle at Lugz door where a BB raid kept 2 full Freep raids from even entering Lugz happen in a WZ? (DD's epic speech) Hell no.
    I was there for both encounters, the second was the day I had 3 pocket WL's and got 4 stars on my reaver. I played lotro for over 3 and 1/2 years WITHOUT taking a break and there's basically 2 (maybe 3 including Kalioth) memorable moments in "PvP" ...that in itself says more than anything. I will have fun, active and even numbered PvP all day every day > ~1 memorable encounter a year.

Since I doubt you guys followed the launch of the AU servers and the interview that followed I will let you know they're currently making SWTOR's version of Alterac Valley (google it) and taking Ilum back to the drawing board to start again with it.

Seeing what they've done and knowing what's ahead means that swtor's PvP is and will always be SO much better than PvP in lotro, despite the generic MMO QQing they have class balance better than you'd ever expect at a launch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel_87 View Post
    despite the generic MMO QQing they have class balance better than you'd ever expect at a launch too.
    I would have to agree with that, balance seems fairly well achieved.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

despite the generic MMO QQing they have class balance better than you'd ever expect at a launch too.
    I would have to agree with that, balance seems fairly well achieved.

Alterac Valley sounds a lot like Port Scion, looks like what I'm looking for more.

IMO, they aren't PvP, they aren't even very imaginitive, Rift does WZ's much, much better. Port Scion is an area roughly half the size of the moors. You can help the raid, or you can do your own thing. How much strategy does it take to do WZ's? Not much, its pretty cut and dried. No room there for situational awareness, flanks, a change in movement of your group to out manoever another group.

Xael, will our epic 16v8 that happened near LC with your WL ever happen in a WZ? I think not. Still the highlight of any PvP I've ever done. Does it happen every day? Hell no.

Zrod, will that epic battle at Lugz door where a BB raid kept 2 full Freep raids from even entering Lugz happen in a WZ? (DD's epic speech) Hell no.

That being said, they are still lightyears (pun intended) better than LOTRO's everyday PvP. I'm hopefull that Bioware will fix open world PvP, at least they know its broken, turbine has never figured that out, actually, they don't care.
    Both situations described here are Player group 1 wanting to complete an objective but player group 2 stands in their way, so player group versus player group over objectives is happening.

Is this not EXACTLY what a warzone is?

I was there for both encounters, the second was the day I had 3 pocket WL's and got 4 stars on my reaver. I played lotro for over 3 and 1/2 years WITHOUT taking a break and there's basically 2 (maybe 3 including Kalioth) memorable moments in "PvP" ...that in itself says more than anything. I will have fun, active and even numbered PvP all day every day > ~1 memorable encounter a year.

Since I doubt you guys followed the launch of the AU servers and the interview that followed I will let you know they're currently making SWTOR's version of Alterac Valley (google it) and taking Ilum back to the drawing board to start again with it.

Seeing what they've done and knowing what's ahead means that swtor's PvP is and will always be SO much better than PvP in lotro, despite the generic MMO QQing they have class balance better than you'd ever expect at a launch too.
    AV was always my favorite BG, I look forward to the new WZ which name escapes me. Just gonna throw this out there, if you feel the need to roll some Imps, *hint-hint* *nudge nudge* *eyebrowwiggle*

Quote Originally Posted by hemenway90 View Post
    AV was always my favorite BG, I look forward to the new WZ which name escapes me. Just gonna throw this out there, if you feel the need to roll some Imps, *hint-hint* *nudge nudge* *eyebrowwiggle*
    Hah, I will be taking my free TF to the Asia Pacific servers based in Sydney. I have played MMO's for years and years with 250 (at best) to 400 (average) ping... Bring on the one PvP server in that region (super high activity/pop as opposed to most of the 50,000 US servers) and 25 ping <3. So in reality the only encounters we'll ever have in SWTOR is one of us rolling lowby WZ's on the others' server.

Hah, I will be taking my free TF to the Asia Pacific servers based in Sydney. I have played MMO's for years and years with 250 (at best) to 400 (average) ping... Bring on the one PvP server in that region (super high activity/pop as opposed to most of the 50,000 US servers) and 25 ping <3. So in reality the only encounters we'll ever have in SWTOR is one of us rolling lowby WZ's on the others' server.
    You tempt me beyond what I can bear.

Both situations described here are Player group 1 wanting to complete an objective but player group 2 stands in their way, so player group versus player group over objectives is happening.

Is this not EXACTLY what a warzone is?
    Zrod try being a little more objective. You've been in BB raids enough to know exactly what I'm talking about. There is absolutely no spontaneity in WZ's. None. Zilch. Nada. Can they be fun? Sure they can. Just last night Ship was on the other side in Huttball. Someone bumped me into the acid pool and at the same time I saw Ship carrying the ball. I forced pulled and Spiked him in the acid pool, we both died and my team got the ball. I can have fun in WZ's I never said I couldn't, but its going to be the same thing over and over and over again. Pretty soon it becomes EC/stab. Spontaneity is what makes PvP fun for me.

spontaneity
    This is also missing in spars/1v1s, but they are still considered pvp, no?

I would say good fight, Ashaburn, while you jump me collecting grimwood maps and then subsequently find yourself losing a 1v1. You didn't have the decency to honor yourself, so you sprinted off to HH. Quite embarrassing for a guard.

It was kind of meaningless fight to be honest. Guard has the lowest dps output of all the classes right now plus you already have high audacity and add on top of that you can already out heal any dps i do to you. So in my opinion it's not really embarrassing it was just denying you any infamy that you would of earned for a fight that shouldn't have started in the first place.

In the end it turned out that a 2nd creep got involved into the so called 1v1 which I saw as well and the second that happens, I say cya buddy.

Maybe when guards are changed around a little, so their dps isn't like using a wet noodle to attack with, or when I have higher audacity to match yours things will be different but for now, next time I see you out by yourself I'm probably going to just keep riding on by as it's not worth the effort or time.

Quote Originally Posted by cmash View Post
    Guard has the lowest dps output of all the classes right now
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's funny.

It was kind of meaningless fight to be honest. Guard has the lowest dps output of all the classes right now
    maybe if ya spent less time (asharun)ning, you would realise the power of the class.

next time I see you out by yourself I'm going to call 5 more freeps, then I will stay, fight like a brave warrior, and avoid wasting my precious sprint.
    fixed for you

Well done Ziena, you must feel pretty good with the work you've done.

Honestly I would like to see a guard beat a defiler or WL, higher then r6, at the moment who has full audacity while the guard does not have full audacity. Please post a link so I can learn from someone who can "play" the class.
    Last edited by cmash; Mar 16 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Good 1 vs 1 thread?

Ash you have always attacked me with mobs on me, can hardly call that a good 1 vs 1.

Maggyy nice job, sellene good pvper.

Hmm yup they beat me fairly and deserve some rep.

Vishion, I don't recall ever finding you alone... so ya, I usually find you around ec/stab/ta which is free game. You can't honestly expect an established 1v1 in that kind of area. If you want a 1v1 and want a good fight ill meet you at CM, otherwise don't expect me not to attack you even if you have mobs on you. I play the moors to earn renown/commendation and survive from creeps that involves more than one, because dying to a huge horde of creeps all the time does not sound very appealing or fun to me.
    Last edited by cmash; Mar 16 2012 at 10:06 PM.

OK, starting my protest gear farm tonight. Don't care who sees it.

you know Slither would have agreed with Ash)))
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    you know Slither would have agreed with Ash)))
    oh god...

I still remember 2010´s christmas when we took his 2k rating. Never saw him again.

Ash, let's get a few things straight. First of all, you attacked me. I wasn't out hunting you with a horde of creeps at my call. If you're going to start an attack, finish it. Second, you're right about the audacity differential. As it stands, I easily held up against your DPS and fancy footwork at rank 5 audacity. (I just got rank 6 tonight.. not max rank yet). Maybe when you get some gear, get full audacity, you'll challenge me to a 1v1. I don't think you would. You seem to prefer easy fights (from what I can tell). Thirdly, when you sprinted away, that was when Tin started to attack. That was also when I went LD. I would have given chase all the way through HH if that didn't happen. Too bad.

Please don't turn into another Underpower.

*hugs thread*

Drama, oh how I have missed you Drama... :X

Little known fact, I was being called turn and burn way before Underpower became a factor in the moors for my play style of sprinting out from fights where obviously the creeps were rolling the freeps.

And as my proof that guards have no dps, tonight myself and 2 other guards couldn't take down a single r8 WL, now if this was any other class the WL probably would have died. So for those of you that scoff when i say guards have no dps, roll a guard see how pitiful our dps is for yourself.

Also I don't necessarily look for easy fights, I've had some pretty tough fights along the way and try my best to kill them... sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't. What I won't do is just freely feed creeps/freeps as that spar that we had today that was basically infamy on a platter for you and I'm not going to do that even if I was the one to engage you while you were farming. I honestly don't like dying and it's as simple as that, so ya I'll ditch from a fight that isn't an established 1v1 that I've somehow signified to agree too. If I establish a 1v1 with another creep I won't run from that fight. If I try killing a creep out in the open field and I end up not thinking it's going to be the fight I thought it was, cya, good luck with your pursuit on continuing after me to earn your infamy, as I won't just stand there till I'm dead so I can go back to the rez circle.

And as my proof that guards have no dps, tonight myself and 2 other guards couldn't take down a single r8 WL, now if this was any other class the WL probably would have died. So for those of you that scoff when i say guards have no dps, roll a guard see how pitiful our dps is for yourself.
    This is not proof that guards have poor dps. Rather, it is proof that you were running with terribads. Dafro's guard used to mess people up before they knew he was there.

This is not proof that guards have poor dps. Rather, it is proof that you were running with terribads. Dafro's guard used to mess people up before they knew he was there.
    Psh, you should have seen the early days, lucky for him he had a late night mate to play around with!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast