We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Older Raids

Older Raids

I'm just wondering if anyone still runs the older raids on a regular basis on this server. I'd like to try out older instances and raids someday (Maybe Helegrod and Rift). More specifically, since I'm reaching the level of it, I'm wondering if anyone is still running watcher anymore? Once in a while I do see a turtle come up but it's kind of rare.

I suppose I could just join a large raiding kin, but I prefer where I am right now. Does anyone know how frequently these are PUGed?

Re: Older Raids

Glff's been a bit of a Ghost town of late, at least whenever I'm on. It seems at present you need to be in the right kin with the right people - who want to run that content.

Yeah I've been noticing that about GLFF lately too. People must be taking a break from this game.. hopefully it'll pick up soon.

I guess PUGing is hopeless haha.

Ah good to see more people who like to run the old raids and instances....

Me and some of my kinmates run CD, Uru and Rift or Moria instances and raids....whenever we can....mostly weekends....be it for kinnies who need the class quest items, or just for fun....we're always trying to find others who would like to run them too...

CD/Uru are still run quite a bit...as in PUGed....though mostly at prime times....you can try setting something up with some people and plan it on a weekend or something when people have more time

Drop me a tell in game sometime and we can see if we can find a group...

Red face Re: Older Raids

Well, I do some of the old raids / instances often. I run Turtle every once in a while, but mostly with people from my friends list, a few kinnies and random people from the Moria LFF channel. It's not ideal ('cause I don't always know if the player is good in a group / willing to take advice / etc), but it works.

The watcher, however, is a different story... Even at this level, I've never been able to find a group willing to do it. And I agree, maybe being in a raid active kin would make things easier, but I really like my kin and, like you, I'm not willing to leave it just for the sake of running instances.

So, if you want to give The Watcher, the Turtle or whatever a good spank, send me a message / tell in game. I'm most active with Elemiire or Gilrael. (Usually after 6pm EST)

Good luck!

Our kinship runs all the older raids regularly, including Rift, Vile Maw (yes we've completed it, many times,best time being 6min 14sec), Helegrod at 75 and 50, and all the 6-man runs throughout the game. We even tackle Fornost (shudder) on occasion. If I'm on and you're looking to run one of these, just let me know, always willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jeswin View Post
    We even tackle Fornost (shudder) on occasion.
    I hope you do it on t3...

Quote Originally Posted by GooGooFluffers View Post
    I hope you do it on t3...
    Actually Tier 5 and we only use pitchforks and frying pans.

Quote Originally Posted by jeswin View Post
    Actually Tier 5 and we only use pitchforks and frying pans.
    Nahhh t5 isn't out yet. I think Fornost is down now because they're implementing t4 >.>

Poor Fornost, being chopped into little itty-bitty bits. Apparently the got the clue that now one wants to spend 2-3 hours killing orc after orc after orc, for little reward. I do recommend running it at least once though. It's a great place to fine-tune your fellowship skills post-GA/GB. Plus the trophy at then end is pretty nice.

And the Fornost Marks of course.

I am always looking for people to run any type of instance/Raid. Most of my Kin are lower level so I can't run those with them... If anyone wants to run any of the Moria or later instances/Raids /tell me. Killorin is the one I'm always on and I heal or DPS, whatever is needed.

There is a large amount of interest in doing the old instances and raids at level all across the servers, there is a small kinship that is looking for players and support before starting up to do these said raids. Please feel free to go to the Meneldor Server forums and click on the Shadows of Angmar Instances post and see what can come about it. Spread the word if you have players available. Always looking for help across servers.

For those still interested in running old raids (or new ones) and doesn't really know the mechanism of the fights, this will totally help you:

This plugin http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...87#post6353687

From a PUG point of vies it tells to a newbie everything he needs to know, from Debuffs to specific bosses animation skills.
    Nevertheless even if the newbie is not using the plugin, it provides to the raid leader the tools neccesary to explain the fight quick and provides chat commands in different colours to be easy to notice like a Purple text of - Remove Corruptions - that is hard to be missed by newbies reading chat.

Anyway, it also have the detailed list of Loot of every raid boss in the game, maps, you can add your personal strategys, explains where to position each player and it uses in-game database to link items.

Welcome to the new easy way to do PUGs (Looking forward for feedback).