We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Abandoning a Kin house: What happens with escrow???

I understand that when you abandon a house, all the junk inside gets put into an escrow account. Based on that, I assume that, as the kinship leader, if we were to abandon the kin house, all the junk would get put into my escrow bank.

First, is that a correct assumption?

Second to my “what if” question:

My officers have the privilege to decorate the kin house; some of the items they’ve used to decorate are bound to them. What happens to those items in the event we abandon our kin house?
    -If they go into my escrow, I won’t be able to remove them…..

-Do they go to the other persons escrow? Or is the escrow for a kin house open to all who have access to decorate??????
    Gahhh We want to change neighborhoods, but would like the answer to this question. Thanks,

Re: Abandoning a Kin house: What happens with escrow???

Quote Originally Posted by skate View Post
    I understand that when you abandon a house, all the junk inside gets put into an escrow account. Based on that, I assume that, as the kinship leader, if we were to abandon the kin house, all the junk would get put into my escrow bank.

First, is that a correct assumption?

Second to my “what if” question:

My officers have the privilege to decorate the kin house; some of the items they’ve used to decorate are bound to them. What happens to those items in the event we abandon our kin house?
    -If they go into my escrow, I won’t be able to remove them…..

-Do they go to the other persons escrow? Or is the escrow for a kin house open to all who have access to decorate??????
    Gahhh We want to change neighborhoods, but would like the answer to this question. Thanks,
    Not sure about unbound decorations but I'm assuming those would go to the kinship leader's escrow. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

As for the bound items, I'm pretty sure those would go to the character they are bound to. I know that if I click to remove a bound decoration out of my kinship house it is returned to the item owner's escrow. I would assume it would work the same way.

If you don't want to deal with sorting out all of the items maybe you should just get your officers to clean out their bags and come help you clean house before you abandon it. That may be the easiest way. At least then you would know where everything was and could quickly put the decorations into your new house.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003639c/signature.png]Lizzibeth[/charsig]

Re: Abandoning a Kin house: What happens with escrow???

Yep once a Kinhouse is abandoned...

Any, and all, NON bound Items go to the Kin Leaders Escrow Account
    Any, and all, BOUND Items go their Owners Escrow Account

Don't forget to take out any Paint and/or Music themes you have