We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help selecting a kinship

I'm new to LOTRO and have two toons lvl 15-20 that just hit Bree. I've been repeatedly spammed with requests to join kinships but I would appreciate some help with what to look for or how to pick one. Do any of you have suggestions of the best way to track down a mature kinship that doesn't take the game too seriously. I played a different MMO and saw some silly infighting in some of the guilds.

Here is a little about me that might help: I currently have two toons, Mini and Hunter both nearing lvl 20. I'm going VIP once I hit 20 and will probably pick up another toon or two. I want a cross section of activities from the game: crafting, deeds, PvMP, skirms - i'm in no rush to end game. I won't do much raiding b/c it generates a little too much naggro at home. I'm a little older than most players (40s). Finding a decent sized group where I can help and be helped along the way by questing, advice and shared resources/crafting is my main goal.

I've been enjoying the game so far. Thanks for your input.

Re: Help selecting a kinship

it would help for us to help u if u mention which server u playing on mate
    [url]www.sentinelsofhope.guildlaunch.com[/url]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m9U3OIV.jpg[/IMG]

Most "Mature" kins will have a kin shout in Regional Channels when they are recruiting. So it's a good idea to keep an eye out for a few.
    Most players don't take kindly to blind invites, so if somebody actually sends you a tell asking if you want to join x or y kinship, be polite and chat back.
    Ask what their goal is, what their gameplay is and other kin related stuff

You could also put a shout out in Regional yourself. Something along the lines of <level><class> looking for casual kinship. Then talk to any responders

As for being an "older gamer" ... you'll find a lot more players of the same age here in Lotro, probably even older
    We have a 64 yr old in our kin. And nobody argues with her, or they dont get healed
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Erthallan View Post
    it would help for us to help u if u mention which server u playing on mate
    seeing as this is the Dwarrowdelf > Kinship page, I would guess he plays on ....... firefoot LOL
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Yes, I'm on Dwarrowdelf.

Our kin, Hope is Kindled, is one of only a couple of "mature" kins on the server. The vast majority of our players are age 25+ and many are in their 30s and 40s. We are semi-casual and have a few folks at the low levels and most of us have alts of all levels. We're happy to help with crafting, advice, etc. We also like to run group content at end game if you ever get to that point. Our recruiting post is here: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-is-recruiting...

Send Bludo, Feandir, Dagwood or Fancee a message in game if you have questions.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

Cool Re: Help selecting a kinship

Hearts of Darkness is a good, mature, kin. It has almost 300 members and accepts everyone, no matter what their race, class, level, or age is! It is a friendly, helpful kin. full of awesome people! It helps members with questing, crafting, and everything else! Contact me (the kins' leader) either on here or through my main character Belegdire (preferably through the mail, in case I'm are not on then) if you would like to join. Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by WolfofShadowFire; Jan 11 2012 at 03:25 PM.

If your looking for a drama free kin with mature players, we got that. A good group of people enjoying the game together

Heres our site if you want more info, and you can send me (Gormard) a tell/mail in game.

http://www.knightsome.tk/

Just giving you some options, though the 2 kins posted above are great kins as well
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard