We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Finally! The Best Mini Virtues and Class Traits revealed!!!!!!!!!

did the tittle get you?

so..........I'm actually new, i made a mini it's 42 now.

I've searched forum for basic info just for traits, and all I've been finding is for dragon run and then scrolled down more and they updated it as not up to date post .

I would like to know what Virtues i should have while healing, and also what i should have while i'm doing soloing and doing DPS.

I would also like to know what Class traits (75 ones for future reference) i should have for healing, and also what i should have while i'm doing soloing and doing DPS.

and lastly

Which legendary traits

Re: Finally! The Best Mini Virtues and Class Traits revealed!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...
    As for healing: use the Virtues that give as much to Will and Fate and ICPR as you can get.
    As for DPS: use the Virtues that give as much Will and Fate and ICPR as you can get.

For soloing, use Virtues that add to Moral, Power, Armor, Damage Mitigation.

As for Skills: use a setup that fits your playing-style the most. Try around a bit. Telling you what to do would let you miss out on all the fun experimenting and fine-tuning. Actually reading the descriptions of Class-Skills will be a huge help to your decision as well as reading the set-bonus texts that come with each of the 3 Class-Specializations.

A little less color and a proper thread-title would have been nice as well.
    Caputo - Burglar | Drugar - Champ | Wislingard - Warden | Xenilinex - Hunter | Tonenas - RK | Rhichard - CAP

I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere that covers this; but as long lost threads can be hard to find in these forums.. .

The simplest answer is just to read the tool tips on the traits. I've found mini to be pretty self-explanitory as far as traits go. (Trait for Will first in Virtues. Confidence, Wisdom, Idealism. This is a must whether you are solo or healing because Will controls your outgoing heals and tact damage. In solo, I trait empathy for the armor value and Fate, and cap with Loyalty [yay for Vit, armor val, and max power!] This Virtue build works for me in heals as well unless I'm doing a raid that requires a specific trait like Draigoch.)

As far as class traits go, well basics say trait your reds for solo and your blues for heals, but I know quite a few minis that SWEAR by various combos of blue, red, and yellow. I know a guy that does 2 of each Y and R and 3 B. He always heals in Harmony. He always keeps us up.

Class Traits, My version, Soloing:
    Enduring Morale(R), Discordant Melody(R), Armor of Song(R), Herald's Hammer(R), Light In the Dark(R), Focused Performance(B), and either Heralded Resolve(Y) or Power of Song(B).

As you can see I like to get up close and personal with my prey when I solo. If anyone gets too rowdy I just fear them and get back to business. Many people prefer to keep Unrelenting(R) slotted for solo. It has that nice proc stun on crit. I never trust a proc, and I save Piercing Cry for its interupt properties. (Yes the interupt is also a proc, but I have found that the interupt procs more often than the stun for me - and I prefer to get lucky and NOT be stunned instead of getting lucky stunning mobs.) I put Power of Song in there if I'm doing solo boss fights or even duos. It gives me the 2 stacked outgoing healing bonus from Blue line and the extra power I need for a long fight.

My version, Healing:
    Focused Performance(B), Power of Song(B), Improved Raise the Spirit(B), Life Singer(B), Silver Toungue(B); and either Graceful Demeanor(B) and Glorious Anthem(Y), OR Glorious Anthem(Y) and Smooth Voice(Y) OR honestly, any other combo of two Yellows on the end.

Depending on the instance and group you may need a power boost(Flow of Harmony), more tact resistance(Lyrics of Bravery), more heal/dps combo choices (Heralded Savior). Regardless, the 2 Yellow cap will give you Improved Call to Greatness - I've actually had raid leaders request this. Keeping Graceful Demeanor in your line up lowers the cooldown on Rally! and makes both your rezzes pop with more restored health and power to the target. Very useful if Draigoch gets out of hand, however having more than 4 Blue traited doesn't add to stack bonuses, so NO Improved Call to Greatness with that build - or anything past the outgoing healing mod bonus you get off 4 Blue.

Legendary Traits (My Way. I have heard a lot of different opinions on leg trait builds. This build is good for my particular play style. Feel free to experiment to see what's best for you):

Solo (Leg Traits) - Cry of the Wizards, Call of War, Fellowships Heart. (Call of War requires 5 class traits in the red line. A lot of mini's don't trait Fellowships Heart when they're solo, but I find it is a life saver if you get caught with more incoming damage than you can deal with on reg heals alone.)

Heals (Leg Traits) (This gets tricky depending on what group and instance you're in. I'll show my basic healling build and go from there) -- Rally!, Symphony of the Hopeful Heart, Fellowships Heart. (This is for a simple run like GS or lower level GB. when you get into stuff like Forges or Turtle raid or Draigoch, you might want to mix it up depending on the strengths of your group, your enemy, and if there is another mini in group. Dual Tales if great for Forges and Draigoch, but you need 5 in the yellow line on your class traits to equip it. Also i know several guys that like to trait Legendary Spirit in stead of Symphony of the Hopeful Heart. I do that occasionaly if I'm traited mostly Blue - upstairs healer on Draigoch is a good place to do this).

Be sure to watch the changes in your skills with the different build and rearrange your board acordingly. Can't tell you how many times I've wondered why I wasn't killing mobs fast enough or the like, only to realize that my board was fixed for all Blue line healing. Also, I've wondered why my coda wasn't healing the whole group and remembered that I never switched on Harmony stance after I traited for dps/heals.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001663d0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Mamakas - L80 Minstrel(Gladden), Izora - L55 Guardian(Riddermark)

Pretty much agree with what was said before. The only hard and fast rule I have is that I always, as in always, trait

- focused performance (blue line)
    - fellowships heart (legendary, once you get it)

I have never had any reason to unslot either of these. Beyond that experiment. Both the blue and yellow lines (or more commonly a combo of them) can work for healing builds. You can obviously trait a bunch of reds for soloing, but it is as important to learn your skills and what they do, as it is to chose the correct virtues and class traits.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000256c69/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

AW: Finally! The Best Mini Virtues and Class Traits revealed!!!!!!!!!

I disagree on the virtues at least partially. If you use confidence instead of e.g. zeal you gain 15 will (i got around 1800 or such - that is less than one percent) but loose e.g. 338 morale from zeal (i got around 7000 morale so i loose around 5%). And its easier to gain 15 will from items than to gain 338 morale on reasonable healer items. But also have a look on the other attributes of the virtues - e.g. if you need resistences Confidence may still be nice.

So try to gain from the virtues what is hard to gain from traits/where your equipment lacks the most and what is needed the most. For raids you will often try to push tactical defence and may reduce morale or will a bit for it. For pure solo or running in PUGs you may even want to increase physical mitigations.

But otherwise a nice round up (even though i run 4y:3b or 4b:3y on healing and often 3r:4y for harder solo fights like soloing northcotton farm or such)

There's a lot of confusion about virtues. I suggest just doing the math yourself and, more important, figuring out how many virtues it would be fun to max out before you get hopelessly bored.

Re: AW: Finally! The Best Mini Virtues and Class Traits revealed!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan. View Post
    So try to gain from the virtues what is hard to gain from traits/where your equipment lacks the most and what is needed the most. For raids you will often try to push tactical defence and may reduce morale or will a bit for it. For pure solo or running in PUGs you may even want to increase physical mitigations.

But otherwise a nice round up (even though i run 4y:3b or 4b:3y on healing and often 3r:4y for harder solo fights like soloing northcotton farm or such)
    I agree you may want to rearrange your virtues for morale. Although, farming zeal was a pain. I'm a tac defense snob and my virtues betray that, but my hp is only 4k on my lvl 67 mini. If I'm doing something where I'm going to get some aggro, I do have to stop and pop heals on myself occasionaly. I don't drop at the first sign of damage or anything, but more hp is definitely more convienient.

And NCF - definitely a yellow line occasion. Healing with Dual Tales and 5y capped with Focused Performance and Improved Raised the Spirit really worked for me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001663d0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Mamakas - L80 Minstrel(Gladden), Izora - L55 Guardian(Riddermark)

Virtues: I've binned off Justice, sticking with Zeal and I only use Valour for Moors. I prefer to use my virtues to stack up on mitigations. There are many occasions in instances where you'll get some random damage or a direct hit from something you shouldn't. Boosting mitigations can make many% difference to the damage you take.

I don't trust headline morale and power numbers, they're such a limited part of the picture.

Class traits - 4B, 3Y, but that's partly because I've managed to get the draigoch 5 pieces that help me keep anthems at 30 and cd at 10 seconds (with wep legacy). I take the instant raise spirit and the instant soothing trait, it makes a great difference in a bad pull.

However, I think a case can be made for quite a lot of class trait breakdowns, so I'm not saying this is optimal.

I never solo mind, so never go skald, I understand that's a whole different beast if you're considering solo.

I prefer to heal with 4y/3b class traits since that brings my anthem cooldown down to 5 seconds which makes a huge difference. You have to get used to playing this way, since you're working with anthem and coda effects much more than straight heals, but I love the flexibility it gives me by combining the different anthems and coda. This works very well for me even in endgame instances and raids (harmony stance for small groups and/or easy instances like skirmish raids, melody for certain boss fights and Orthanc raid).

Last time I traited for solo/dps (which was quite a while ago since I'm too lazy and just solo with my healing traits) I went 5r/2y with legendary capstone which was awsome, too, but I've gotten so used to the short anthem cooldown by now that I'd probably go 3r/4y now instead.

Which virtues are best for you depends on what level your virtues are on and what kind of contend you play. I have currently slotted lots of morale/vitality and tactical mitigation since I find that the most helpful for the content I'm currently playing (at level 75). At lower levels I did slot a lot of will and fate/power regeneration instead. Try to think about what you're missing most (not enough morale, always out of power, getting hit too hard, not enough damage output, ...) in your playstyle and select the traits that will give you the biggest boost in that department. After all, if you find out you're lacking in a different area in a few levels it's easy to visit the bard and change the traits to something else.

AW: Re: AW: Finally! The Best Mini Virtues and Class Traits revealed!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marphlets View Post
    I agree you may want to rearrange your virtues for morale. Although, farming zeal was a pain. I'm a tac defense snob and my virtues betray that, but my hp is only 4k on my lvl 67 mini. If I'm doing something where I'm going to get some aggro, I do have to stop and pop heals on myself occasionaly. I don't drop at the first sign of damage or anything, but more hp is definitely more convienient.

And NCF - definitely a yellow line occasion. Healing with Dual Tales and 5y capped with Focused Performance and Improved Raised the Spirit really worked for me.
    Well I did note meant morale only (that was just an example) but as AMSerendipityUK states (and you using tactical defence) - take what is missing on your gear/what is needed where you go. Morals is not everything - nor is Will or tactical defence in all cases.

As for NCF: was speaking about soloing it - so Warspeach and running it solo (lvl 75 of course and a bit of ok/better equipment helps)

This is something I found works well, too:

Current (10/9/11 at 3:30AM) Gealla is sitting at:
    • 7221 Morale
      5094 Power
      844 Vitality
      877 Will
      517 Fate

As you can see, my fate is a bit low, I'm working on that...

What I've found works really well if I'm planning on grouping a lot is to just spec for healing (all blues except one, more on that later). Now, doing this and running in warspeech, you are wasting your time. So, even soloing, I run in Harmony with Tale of Heroism active.

I'll begin by mentioning traits....To be completely honest, I removed some traits which gave high will because it is SO easy to get your will high other ways. Right now, Gealla is running w/ Valour, Zeal, Wisdom, Loyalty, and Honesty. The Valour and Zeal directly can give up to 300 morale a piece. Honesty gives you power (and honestly, looking at this now, I may be switching those out Happy ). As far as class traits go, I am running with all blue except one red. The red trait is Enduring Morale (this gives an additional 300 Morale), and the blue are following:
    • Silver Tongue
      Focused Performance
      Life Singer
      Improved Raise the Spirit
      Subtle Movements
      Power of Song

My Legendary Traits that I have found work marvelously are:
    • Rally!
      Symphony of the Hopeful Heart
      Fellowship's Heart

So, for running around the wilderness alone or with one other person, we're generally not too concerned about knowing how to heal for a prolonged fight...but I will tell you this, it has changed drastically in Post-ROI. Heals simply do not hit for as much (at least for me with my current gear) as they used to. An average heal for me is about 1400, crits landing about 2500, nice crits landing at 3500, and my best crit hit about 5200 (Ironically enough, the person only needed 400 hp...).

Now, when healing a long prolonged fight (or even a short one where whatever you are fighting hits like a freight train) here are some skills that are REALLY useful to know where they are:
    • Coda of Resonance (I use this EVERY SINGLE FIGHT!!!!) This applies damage to everything within 12 meters (I've had it hit for 400 a mob and I've had it hit for 2500 a mob) while simultaneously healing all your fellows for the same range of heals.
      Improved Cry of the Chorus (instant unlock of Coda skill)
      Improved Cry of the Valor (This is a DPS skill which simultaneously applies a HOT to your entire fellowship within 8 to 12 meters of you - heals for about 80 to 100 per tick).
      Improved Chord of Salvation (This is an instant heal, can be applied on the run to a single target, the wonderful thing with this - it is now a HOT on the full fellowship after the initial heal!!!! The HOT is around 200 to 250 per tick, I've had it save a group numerous times).
      Soliloquey of the Spirit - I know, I know, we all make fun of this wimpy skill...but wimpy though it may be, it does tend to make a difference.
      Fellowships Heart - This is a big one...the best use I've found for this is to use it one of two ways - apply it as your tank does his initial taunt on mobs that cannot be force agroed (this gives you 30 seconds of not needing to heal, therefore not building any HEALING AGRO!!!! This is crucial in some fights! The second use for this is boss fights. For example, fighting bosses in library/school, you notice the boss still has 26,000 hp, and you only have 700 power...well, with the recent changes, this is 3 to 4 heals at the most. If you pop Fellowship's Heart (cost is 500 power), you do not need to heal for 30 seconds unless the boss gets a really lucky shot on someone and your power can regen (I've seen my power go from 650, down to 150, up to about 1500 by doing this). Each tick is between 600 and 1400 per 3 seconds for 30 seconds.
      Finally, the skill Symphony of the Hopeful Heart - I've begun laying this down before every boss fight and telling my tank to fight in that circle...it does wonders. His incoming damage goes down drastically while his incoming healing goes up drastically...What does this mean for you as the healer? It means that rather than constantly pounding on heal skills, you only need to press them once every 5 to 8 seconds rather than click/press on them as soon as the induction begins....This is a huge power saver, and as the healer, is crucial.

Now, as far as gear goes...I will tell you, I spent roughly 20 gold on the gear I have now.

Here is a list of what I'm using and the attributes, though:
    [list]

Glimmering Stone Earring (Ally Standing - Thoedred's Riders) - Gives 87 will, 151 max morale, 133 max power, and 160 critical rating
    Hyrde - Are (quest reward?) - Gives 77 vitality, 253 max morale, and 146 critical rating
    Horseman's Golden Necklace (Ally Standing - Theodred's Riders) - gives 87 vitality, 302 max morale, 320 incoming healing rating - bet you tanks are drueling :P
    Bracelet of Oaths (Kindred Standing - Theodred's Riders) - Gives 92 vitality, 92 fate, and 166 critical rating
    Bracelet of Strength Remembered (Kindred Standing - Theodred's Riders) - 92 vitality, 323 max morale, and 166 block rating
    Rune-Inscribed Brass Ring (quest reward - looking for better) - gives 72 will, 24 fate, 186 max morale, and 336 finesse rating (wanting more fate and more finesse)
    Excellent Fated Dunlending Ring (crafted - bought off Havoksmight in Dunland for a fairly good price considering how hard it seems to be to find sigils Happy ) - gives 51 vitality, 41 will, 51 fate, 52.2 icpr, and 350 finess (keeping my eyes peeled for better)
    Angolwir (quest reward for Volume 4, Chapter 30) - gives 87 will, 58 vitality, and 160 critical rating
    Rider's Woolen Hat (Friend Standing - Theordred's Riders) - gives 56 will, 56 fate, 156 critical rating, 156 tactical offence rating, and 156 outgoing healing rating (always watching for better Happy )
    Elegant Silk Mantle (quest reward) - gives 54 will, 54 vitality, and 121 max power
    Cloak of Oncoming Winter (dropped in Library) - gives 440 Armor, 29 might, 57 vitality, 295 max morale, and 948 finesse (still deciding b/w this and: Storyteller's Cloak (Ally Standing - Theodred's Riders) - gives 446 armor, 58 will, 58 fate, 160 critical rating, and 960 finesse - do I want to give up fate for 300 morale? hmmmm)
    Rider's Silken Shirt (Friend Standing - Theodred's Riders) - gives 711 armour, 56 will, 56 vitality, 144 max morale, 156 outgoing healing, and 156 tactical offence rating
    Angolgam (quest reward) - gives 310 armour, 69 will, 46 vitality, 136 critical rating (have not seen better yet, been using since level 71)
    Embroidered Silk Leggings (quest reward) - 554 armour, 54 will, 27 vitality, 121 max power, 152 tactical offence rating, and 152 outgoing healing rating
    Elegant Silk Shoes (quest reward?) - gives 266 armour, 54 will, 54 fate, and 52.8 icpr
    Gleaming Shield of Fate (drop? or quest reward?) - 616 armour, 608 critical defense, 274 max morale, 27 fate, 27 will, and 27 vitality (watching for better - want higher max morale and vitality from my shield)
    and Instrument choices I use
    - Healing - Exquisite Premium Clarinet (My dad crafted for me) - -12% perceived threat, -20% healing power cost, +305 max power, and +24% critical healing
    - DPS - Premium Drum (bought off AH for about 400 silver - looking for exquisite) - +25% ballad damage, and +284 max morale

OK, this is NOT, I repeat NOT, the end all, be all to being a healing minstrel, but I've found it WORKS! I've tried to be as clear and complete as I could... Please, by all means, if I have forgotten something or something is NOT clear, let me know. However, it is possible to be a darn good healer and have a lot of hp, and in fact will be required for some of the harder runs that will be out there. The equipment will most likely change quite a bit as I see what is out there, and within 2 to 3 weeks, I will have the level 75 raid gear (4/6) this will change things drastically, and I will post an update at that time.

**Note, this information is about 3 months old, and has changed...My max hp is somewhere around 8.9k, mp about 6k, average heals hit for about 3k with some as low as 1.8k. Updated gear - Draigoch gear, 4 pieces, 6 pieces of Theo's jewelry, and 2 pieces of Theo's armor.

forgive the rough formatting, I copied and pasted my post from my kin forums (not sure how/if you can do this cross forums).

Play with it and set it up the way you want. No one will have the one right answer, everyone's play style is differnt; as someone said play with and read what the virtues do, what the class skills do, etc... My mini's power pool is almost 8k and health is around 8.5k, my armour is over 5k (I've seen mini's with more tho...sheesh lol); self buffed I max out at 8200 power 9500 morale. With a Capt, I can get 11k morale and a little more power. Fate is still a player yet with our power regen skill and pots, I rarely run out. As a matter of fact I was traited DPS and using a cowbell (lvl 75) to heal Draig raid (pre nerf) and did fine lol; totally forgot I wasn't heal traited and didn't bother to switch to my theorbo. At lvl 75 decent gear is easy to get and to have less than 6k morale/power to me makes a mini harder to play, especially in the new instances and raids. I'm not uber or in an uber Kin but it wasn't hard to get to 8.5k morale and almost 8k power with decent armour. Also remember, you're paper, even with my mitigations semi-high (and as a mini it's hard to get high physical mitigation) and high(ish) armour Mini's just go down fast if targeted or focused fired upon (like in the moors heh)...that's why everyone uses the phrase, "protect the healer!".

My practice for class traits when I solo is Enduring Morale, Armor of Song, Light in the Dark, Unrelenting, Powerful Voice, Smooth Voice, and Absolute Pitch (though the latter sometimes changes)...then I throw in Call to War and Cry of the Wizards. Because I never know when I might have a snap group forming, I leave Rally! in even when I'm alone, hasn't given me any problems yet. (I should note that the main reason behind Smooth Voice is that I use a lot of Minor Ballads to help manage power and regulate my cool downs, so the -5% Ballad cost is the main draw. If that's not your forte, then I'd probably drop it for something else....perhaps Heralded Savior or Improved Echoes of Battle.)

When I group to heal, my default position changes to Absolute Pitch, Smooth Voice, Glorious Anthem, Focused Performance, Life-singer, Subtle Movements, and either Silver Tongue or Graceful Demeanor (depending on if I'm doing something like Stand at Amon Sul or Defense of the Prancing Pony where the respawn point is nearby), then I switch Call to War for Fellowship's Heart. I like having greater access to my Anthems - Anthem of the Free Peoples and Anthem of Prowess tend to help me a lot in managing the group as a whole so I don't get overly frantic. (Seriously...one skirmish raid I was in, the other group's minstrel left me a bit underwhelmed, so I found myself shadowing their Guardian in ADDITION to my own group - don't think I could have done it without Anthem of the Free Peoples to cover me.)

As far as virtues, I didn't read everything, but don't forget about Justice or Zeal if you feel you're having morale woes. Your Will gets pretty high anyways.
    Last edited by Casilune; Jan 12 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    (Seriously...one skirmish raid I was in, the other group's minstrel left me a bit underwhelmed, so I found myself shadowing their Guardian in ADDITION to my own group - don't think I could have done it without Anthem of the Free Peoples to cover me.)
    I've had something similar happen in an Orthanc raid recently, where the other group managed to lose their minstrel a few times too often so we ran out of ways to rez her in battle. Since the main tank was in the other group, too, I ended up healing the main tank and keeping my group up by spamming anthems and adding the group-wide HoTs from Chord of Salvation and Cry of the Valar whenever the cooldown was up. It went surprisingly well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramor View Post
    I've had something similar happen in an Orthanc raid recently, where the other group managed to lose their minstrel a few times too often so we ran out of ways to rez her in battle. Since the main tank was in the other group, too, I ended up healing the main tank and keeping my group up by spamming anthems and adding the group-wide HoTs from Chord of Salvation and Cry of the Valar whenever the cooldown was up. It went surprisingly well, too.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. The other reason I adopted the pattern I did was feeling rather unimpressed with Legendary Spirit, so I said "I'll just not trait the fifth blue to avoid the temptation."

Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    so I said "I'll just not trait the fifth blue to avoid the temptation."
    I don't even trait the fourth blue but prefer to stick with my 4y/3b even in endgame raids. Having anthem of the free peoples, anthem of composure, anthem of prowess and anthem of the third age (melody) up pretty much constantly is such a huge boost to the overall survivability of the group that I find healing this way much easier even without the extra outgoing healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramor View Post
    I don't even trait the fourth blue but prefer to stick with my 4y/3b even in endgame raids. Having anthem of the free peoples, anthem of composure, anthem of prowess and anthem of the third age (melody) up pretty much constantly is such a huge boost to the overall survivability of the group that I find healing this way much easier even without the extra outgoing healing.

I've considered that, but I don't know which of my blues I'd drop...maybe I'll experiment with it in some smaller groups (a raid skirmish is NOT the time to say "Let's try out a new tactic for the first time!!" Wonder which Yellow I'd add...