We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why do I bump my nose?

It seems like every time I walk through the door of my home I step on some kind of an ice slide which causes me to surf my way straight across the room and stand for a while with my nose pressed against the far wall.

It seems that other kinnie's have the same problem too.

Is there a non-slip rug I can buy?! (Or a way to prevent this from happening?)
    [CENTER][URL="http://s219.photobucket.com/user/janedoh/media/acb6211b-3611-4ef7-a363-89af5eb3ac2a_zps68a662b0.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/janedoh/aa65dbd5-2729-419e-8e59-200715eda72e_zpsc3b2349a.jpg?t=1413377483[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Re: Why do I bump my nose?

This is a known issue that has been around for several years. Originally there was a problem with taking Falling Damage (and some instances of Defeat by Misadventure or being trapped in a space beneath your House) when entering Housing. So, to address this problem they changed the way you enter Housing with an animation that prevents Falling Damage and Death by Misadventure (or being trapped in the terrain), but turns out the animation often hangs (all the time for Kinship houses, and most of the time for Deluxe houses) and result in your toon skidding across the floor for 3-5 seconds. As Housing has never been revisited since and it nominally works, in a way that isn't game breaking, it has been left "As is" ever since.

Not very likely to be fixed any time soon unless Turbine decides that Housing 2.0 would be a profitable investment.

Thank you for the answer

Well I'm glad I'm not falling through the floor, although I do think that after the number of times I walked between the vault and the kin house last night, I now look like Rudolph.

So nobody has ever come up with a 'sidle-through-sideways-hopping-on-your-right-leg-and-muttering-a-certain-phrase' method to confound the coding and make a less uncontrolled entrance?
    [CENTER][URL="http://s219.photobucket.com/user/janedoh/media/acb6211b-3611-4ef7-a363-89af5eb3ac2a_zps68a662b0.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/janedoh/aa65dbd5-2729-419e-8e59-200715eda72e_zpsc3b2349a.jpg?t=1413377483[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

I thought it was lag while it loaded all 400 housing items you set out. May be worth /bug'ing

Quote Originally Posted by TsarithArcher View Post
    This is a known issue that has been around for several years. Originally there was a problem with taking Falling Damage (and some instances of Defeat by Misadventure or being trapped in a space beneath your House) when entering Housing. So, to address this problem they changed the way you enter Housing with an animation that prevents Falling Damage and Death by Misadventure (or being trapped in the terrain), but turns out the animation often hangs (all the time for Kinship houses, and most of the time for Deluxe houses) and result in your toon skidding across the floor for 3-5 seconds. As Housing has never been revisited since and it nominally works, in a way that isn't game breaking, it has been left "As is" ever since.

Not very likely to be fixed any time soon unless Turbine decides that Housing 2.0 would be a profitable investment.
    Yesterday, I fell through the floor of my kinhouse on a relatively new toon. It was her first time in the kinhouse. She subsequently did the housing slide.

My toons have fallen many times upon entering a house, but it has never killed a one (knock on wood - it'll probably happen next time I enter a house).
    Jewahe

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Smile Re: Why do I bump my nose?

Quote Originally Posted by TsarithArcher View Post

Ahh, Tsarith! Thanks. This is something I chalked up to load-times of housing. I always mouse-turn my character while this frozen/load/skidding happens. I then aim for the door and ice skate through. Found it amusing, but never questioned this oddity. Thank you OP'r for asking. Learn somethin' new about this game once in awhile, even after five years.
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B][COLOR=#ff0000]!<3?![/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]Wargs Rule![/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]!?<3! [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#4169e1]But only because we have no playable feline races.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][RIGHT][CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum]???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum][B][I][COLOR=magenta]*s6u!s*[/COLOR] [/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=plum]¡[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=plum]?w ?o[/COLOR][COLOR=indigo] [COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3[/COLOR][B][COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=magenta]Founder & Altoholic:[/COLOR] playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]*Jingle Jangle!*
    [U][COLOR=#ed2669]A "lifetime" of play on: [B]Elendilmir (RIP)[/B], Crick, Landy, & more. [/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]