We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Hi all Withywindlers

    When DoH started to loose skilled gamers to other servers, I thought about something.

    I was once transferred from another server, like half of my kinship. Why havent more people transferred to this server.

    So I went back to my old server, to the original Destiny Of Heroes and spoked to people on that server. What do they search for and what can Withywindle give them.

    Instead looking whats bad on a small server like Withywindle, we found out that there are a number of things which make Withywindle unique as a server, where old experienced gamers can co-exists with new gamers.

    Withywindle is like for example Eldar was for two-three years ago. A fun-friendly server which can be a place for both older transferred gamers as for new gamers.

    The past weeks Destiny Of Heroes has got old travellers from Eldar, which you all soon will see in the leaderboardlists and I guess some of you will meet them in different skirmishes and instances.

    See the positive in gaming on a small server, compared to an old big server.
    Plougholas - Leader - Destiny Of Heroes

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    After i left II,and some time later,more ppl left II aswell,some joined DoH beeing the only *big* raid active,and pvmp present Kin on Withy,i think i hurt no ones feelings there if i say DoH dominates the Leaderboards, i didnt join DoH,and i found it very hard to find groups/raids to do stuff,even in pvmp its harder nowdays since not many ppl seem to go there anymore,those ppl i grouped with all left the server... So mostly im running around alone,wich is fun and i dont mind,tho sometimes it gets boring...


    Sure there are sometimes lfg in global for 3&6 man instances,and maybe 1-2 a day for a Raid... + a few Skirm Raids ofc,im glad that Skirm raids seem to increase the pug value on withy by alot since they are out.


    So yeah,Plough if i would ask you to convince me to stay on Withy and not go to Vanyar/Snowy any other older Server,what would you say to me ?

  3. #3

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    After i left II,and some time later,more ppl left II aswell,some joined DoH beeing the only *big* raid kin
    Those 'some' left the server so it must be for a reason
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000022735a/signature.png]Bubbs[/charsig]

  4. #4

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by eois View Post
    Those 'some' left the server so it must be for a reason

    They didn t left the server because of DOH. They actually had a spot in every Orthnac raid we did at that time, and if you manage to join us you ll find that you are quite a nice bunch of people
    They left the server because the pvmp it s so bad, sometimes non existing. Narth has even stop going in ettens in the last 2 weeks on the server.

    Cillion if you want a reason not to go on Vanyar i don t think there is anyone that can give you one, that ofcours if you speak german. They got the best pvmp and those crazy germans will probably upload vids with orthanc 6 men in a few months.
    Whithy is the perfect place if your an old player and you want a new start. There is hate on this server but you can also make loads of friends.
    Last edited by TheKid111; Jan 08 2012 at 02:21 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2922500000004424f/signature.png]Alkkayya[/charsig]

    Bad As$ Pizzaguy

  5. #5

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Gilrain is available for everyone! =D!

    There's quite a few * big * raiding kins and also there's quite active PvMP every night (atleast 20vs20) adverage.

    There is also plenty of lower kins just for social and friendly help here and there.

    But I think leaving a server is the last thing you should do. Just like other said above me look what makes Withy - Whithy
    .
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

  6. #6

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid111 View Post
    There is hate on this server but you can also make loads of friends.
    Well the hate seems to emanate from just one source in all directions ( wonder who...), with focused beans of hate twards some of us. So yes u can make many many friends and one enemy. I can live with that
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000003234c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3]Bla bla bla signature fail bla bla.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Smile Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    First of all, most of the replies to this thread is just negative things from guys who isnt here anymore or games on other servers. I suggest you makes your home on those servers and post all your thoughts there.

    My post was to inspire people to view a bit further and watch for new gamers, not only those who are on this server but maybe outside it aswell. I know there are more people on this server than some the people in Destiny Of Heroes who has been transferred from other servers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    So yeah,Plough if i would ask you to convince me to stay on Withy and not go to Vanyar/Snowy any other older Server,what would you say to me ?
    Well Cillion, all I can say, just follow your heart. If you think there are other servers which could fullfill your gamestyle, well then I should suggest you should transfer, otherwise, stay and make the best of your gaming. There must be kinships on Withywindle looking for gamers.


    This server can't be better than what we are making it to be!
    Plougholas - Leader - Destiny Of Heroes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    I will say that I have played on several servers and I have now settled on Withy as my server because despite what a minority of people say it is a good server with good people, friendly kinships, helpful players and a decent level of PvMP activity with players who are prepared to be helpful and supportive to newcomers (at least on the creep side). Ok, it is not the highest populated server, but I can forgive that as quality is more important than quantity.

  9. #9

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Trust me on this some major server arent for some people and you guys will enjoy staying on withywindle much more. I left for PvE reasons nothing else. I rly hope withy is growing into a server just as good as eldar/vanyar

    Missing all of you !!
    gz on weap btw thekid!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022500000002c285/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Snowbourn Fraendor r10 Captain / Rageout r10 Reaver
    Eldar Xtinquish r11 Weaver / Fraelin r10

  10. #10

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid111 View Post
    They didn t left the server because of DOH. They actually had a spot in every Orthnac raid we did at that time, and if you manage to join us you ll find that you are quite a nice bunch of people
    You are a nice bunch of people, I can vouch for that.

    People are leaving because, besides DoH, the other big force is Z. I have friends now on Laurelin, friends who are recruited into Ithilien Illuminated, who are turned away from the server because of his behaviour and his persona on the forums/youtube etc.

    My personal reasons were leaving was because of the shear immaturity of a lot of the player base, when you play on a server like Laurelin you realise that WW's player base is very immature and seems much, much younger. This drives people away and when coupled with things such as near-to-non-existant PvMP and few raiding kins, II, DoH and RoM to name the large bulk, people decide to leave..

    I don't think there's much hope for such raiding kins on WW, just when it started to get good a massive content draught just drove people away again.. It's a shame, indeed.

    Plough and DoH, I do wish you luck on WW, I've raided with you and I know your team ethic will keep you going - but seriously, scrap DKP

    Much love,
    -Cal
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000066cd5/signature.png]Callie[/charsig]
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

  11. #11

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Calead View Post
    ...People are leaving because, besides DoH, the other big force is Z. I have friends now on Laurelin, friends who are recruited into Ithilien Illuminated, who are turned away from the server because of his behaviour and his persona on the forums/youtube etc. ...
    This is a straw man argument. I´ve read it before, and it is still ridiculous. One doesnt need to watch youtube videos, and one can put persons on Forum and in-game ignore. There are various good and bad reasons to leave Withywindle, but to blame it on one pitiful individual who can be avoided is dishonest.

    It may however certainly influence the server choice of a newcomer.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    97

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    I appreciate this post we need more positive thinking people instead on negative.
    My idea is to do more grouping (instance, raid, deed run, etc) and try to extend this outside of the player's actual kinship. Organize these between two kin's or invite the one third of the group from globallff and two third from kinship or something similar. I'm new to mmorpg's but I think this can help improve our gaming experience and the server.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    97

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    My second thought is that I really hate that I always run into the Zrinko..Zrinko.. complaining by other people. Please stop doing this simply ignore him and everybody will forgot this stupidity like Lynwod.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    236

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    This is a straw man argument. I´ve read it before, and it is still ridiculous. One doesnt need to watch youtube videos, and one can put persons on Forum and in-game ignore. There are various good and bad reasons to leave Withywindle, but to blame it on one pitiful individual who can be avoided is dishonest.

    It may however certainly influence the server choice of a newcomer.
    It takes at 2 for an argument and hate here flows both ways in this server... one just needs to read the server posts.
    Personally I couldn't care less. Worthless chattery of bored players to say the least.
    However it indeed gives a bad impression about the server to have all this laundry washing on server forums.
    Just like in this thread it was absolutely pointess and void to bring your (not the quoted but others) personal issues with other players in here. Which shows you simply not better than the ones you point your finger at.

    Back on topic there are very good things about this server.
    I have met in here many nice people/players whom I really like to play with.The majority of them are in my kinship but not only ( I love my Kin).
    I do think the low population server has an advantage when it comes to lag, especially when we are connecting from accross the atlantic.

    These make for 2 out of the 3 reasons i am still in WW. The third reason is the loss of shared storage even if i moved all my toons .

    I used the terms "still in WW" because I am really not sure if so low population makes this server a vialable option to play end game content or for that matter to experiment all game content which is what i look for.
    There is clearly a lack of good players in certain classes, and there are hardly really any new players leveling up which are not alts.
    This complicates a lot the recruitment or even PUGging and in that way I find myself (and not only me) capable of doing instances or raids i would like too.


    Cheers
    Last edited by VentoPT; Jan 10 2012 at 11:25 AM.
    [CENTER] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000039c0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B]...the untaught fervour champion...[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    To get the experience of all the contents of a game like this is always fun, that being said it is only a minority that can achieve that status. Why? For most it is due to skill based issues. To experience it all you MUST be a good player, in Orthanc t2 everyone needs to pull their own weight which makes it a lot harder. Unfortunately not everyone can stay focused for 3-5 hours of continous wiping to learn the encounter. That is a fact.
    However, if you are persistent enough you will succeed. Get to know the players you play with. Learn their strong sides and their weaknesses (yes, every player has those). Then, when you know that you can accomodate for those weaknesses and start building a raid team that can take down anything with patience. Building a succesful team in raiding is not something that is done overnight, it will literally take months of playing together, and the moer you play together the better you become. Even if moving from the server this would still apply, albeit with a larger player base. generally though people tend to want something for nothing, end-game raiding takes time AND effort and as long as people are not willing to stay the entire night to learn a hard encounter (most likely with lots of wipes and consumables spent) there can be no true success. When you find that team, however, you will come to realize that nothing is impossible

  16. #16

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by VentoPT View Post
    It takes at 2 for an argument and hate here flows both ways in this server... one just needs to read the server posts.
    It is one-sided if the other side is banned though.

    And on another note, I love your signature:

    ...the untaught fervour champion...
    You are a good champion, so keep up the good work and keep your kinship strong, you are a really nice bunch of people!
    [COLOR=#00ff00]The road to success is always under construction.[/COLOR]

  17. #17

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidex View Post
    gz on weap btw thekid!
    yeah, niceone where is it from?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000031bb2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Whitywindle creep -->> Rakbash(R5) - wargnub :)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    236

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Fralin I do understand what you saying and I am pretty aware that not all are made for ultimate end game raiding.
    Maybe I am not one of those but hell knows I am really willing to try it. Wipping severall times while learning and improving doesnt bother me.
    God knows one of my high points in this game was doing sucessfullty Foundry T2 with challenge with my kinnies on the night it came out and most if not all of us hadn't even attempted it on T1

    But my point was not that. Even if you want to attempt you need enough people to do it with and basically from all classes. Doing ToO without CC classes or healers is probably pointless. If there isnt enough players of all classes available on the server some will end up unable to really make a go for it.
    And this where a more populated server shines a beacon of hope...
    [CENTER] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000039c0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B]...the untaught fervour champion...[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by VentoPT View Post
    [...]
    There is clearly a lack of good players in certain classes, and there are hardly really any new players leveling up which are not alts.
    This complicates a lot the recruitment or even PUGging and in that way I find myself (and not only me) capable of doing instances or raids i would like too.
    Cheers
    The problem is not actually _the_leveling_ for new players on WW (count myself in as one, returning after a longer break from LotrO) IMHO. The main problem is that there is hardly any incentive for new/fresh players to bother with FS/instance play on WW. Or to remain thereon. When it takes you something like a week of constant looking to get finally a FS to complete GB or GA, why would you even bother to care about group instances any more? The "open fellowships" category on the social panel is pretty much dead and useless on WW. How does that encourage players to try to become actually useful for FS play?

    And then look at the mid-level instances which are accessible from Lvl 40 onwards. How many of those are done on WW at all? The urge to move off WW is somewhat strong for an individual, and as a new player you certainly sometimes regret having picked this server. Talk to some newer players, and you might get the same feedback I did. One even went so far to call WW an "undead server", go figure...

    As a customer who has paid money into Turbine's coffers it is not likely you'll be happy about being stuck on a... hm... "half-undead" server. Sure you get regular stuff in globallff announced for Lvl 75 and similar. But that's pretty much it. And does it look like there's "new blood" to fill the ranks at some point? Unlikely with current state of affairs. It might appear more like WW is currently a server where new people are rather driven off from/disenchanted with LotrO.

  20. #20

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokassa View Post
    Sure you get regular stuff in globallff announced for Lvl 75 and similar. But that's pretty much it.
    Since Turbine has never introduced a built-in global chat-channel, most newcomers don't even know that these channels exist, even less so how to use them. And for some strange reason, the global channel on Withywindle is called 'globallff' instead of 'glff' as on most other servers.
    [COLOR=#00ff00]The road to success is always under construction.[/COLOR]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    236

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokassa View Post
    The problem is not actually _the_leveling_ for new players on WW (count myself in as one, returning after a longer break from LotrO) IMHO.
    What I meant was that most of the low level toos on the server are not "new players" or "mains" but instead alts of high levels already established.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokassa View Post
    The main problem is that there is hardly any incentive for new/fresh players to bother with FS/instance play on WW. Or to remain thereon. When it takes you something like a week of constant looking to get finally a FS to complete GB or GA, why would you even bother to care about group instances any more? The "open fellowships" category on the social panel is pretty much dead and useless on WW. How does that encourage players to try to become actually useful for FS play?

    And then look at the mid-level instances which are accessible from Lvl 40 onwards. How many of those are done on WW at all? The urge to move off WW is somewhat strong for an individual, and as a new player you certainly sometimes regret having picked this server.
    Totally agree on this and many people I have spoke cant help felling that same regret.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokassa View Post
    Talk to some newer players, and you might get the same feedback I did. One even went so far to call WW an "undead server", go figure...

    As a customer who has paid money into Turbine's coffers it is not likely you'll be happy about being stuck on a... hm... "half-undead" server. Sure you get regular stuff in globallff announced for Lvl 75 and similar. But that's pretty much it. And does it look like there's "new blood" to fill the ranks at some point? Unlikely with current state of affairs. It might appear more like WW is currently a server where new people are rather driven off from/disenchanted with LotrO.
    The worst part is that even for 75 globallff stuff you dont get enough ppl or the classes needed to run the instances.


    But for now it is good business for Turbine as players pay to be transfered, they could not care less and be happier about it.

    Most of us simply do not quit because we like the game, we like gamming with our game friends and we have invested a lot of our time on it. Maybe there is a threshold of income per server for Turbine to take some action on this but i do not see any beacon of hope in the near future for us WW server playeres.
    [CENTER] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000039c0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B]...the untaught fervour champion...[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #22

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    Since Turbine has never introduced a built-in global chat-channel, most newcomers don't even know that these channels exist, even less so how to use them. And for some strange reason, the global channel on Withywindle is called 'globallff' instead of 'glff' as on most other servers.
    Since the game started EU servers have always used 'globallff' and US ones 'glff'. This may change over time as the servers get blurred with folk crossing the pond (in either direction). There is a glff on WW but no one uses it (they are both user created channels so there is no reason why there couldn't be both on any server).

    Getting folk to use what you think is the right one is the challenge
    [url]http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/[/url]
    For when the lure of loot box proves too much.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    236

    Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    This is the easiest thing to change.
    Just type /joinchannel glff and we can have both.
    In fact considering the amount of spam lately it is really a good thing, you hardly see lff for PUG's going on lately.
    [CENTER] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000039c0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B]...the untaught fervour champion...[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  24. #24

    Cool Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    If you are looking for a kinship that is raiding come over to us if you not with anyone yet, we do raid most night and skirmish if not raiding.

    We have a lot of new members and are frendly and like to have a laugh, we help up and comeing players as well with items and quests.

    if you would like to join give me or hammon a call ingame and we will help the best we can, We are not going anywhere as we been hear from the beginning and love it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2222500000003a6c5/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  25. Re: Instead of leaving Withywindle

    @ Emilia: i guess more suited for the post above would be the kinship sub-forum, since there is where people search for new kins. It sits kind of off-topic here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000003234c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3]Bla bla bla signature fail bla bla.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload