We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burglar Trait Build for Moors

So i want to eventually one day pvmp in moors, I just really need some guidance.

This is my build right now.

Virtues...
    Fedelity
    Justice
    Loyalty
    Determination
    Valour

Race is Hobbit...
    Hobbit-Resilience
    Hobbit-Stature
    Guile and Conviction Bonus
    Hobbit-Silence - thought i guess i don't need this
    Return to michel delving

Class...
    Cunning wound
    Hidden Dagger
    Focused eye
    Leaf-Walker
    Honed Wit
    Ambidextrous
    Appraising Eye

Legionary...
    Flashing Blades
    Exposed Throat
    Sweep the Leg

Any help to steer me in a better direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Burglar Trait Build for Moors

Your traits aren't bad mine are similar except i run a full QK build. if you want to keep your hybrid build i understand. One thing i would change is i would swap appraising eye for Trickster (aoe dust) it can be a saving grace when getting 3v1'd by wargs.

I would also trait Hobbit throw stone. Yes the attack doesn't do much damage but it's helped me get more then a few kb's by proc'ing a mez when my riddle was on cooldown and the creep had me slowed trying to run away.

I would also swap out sweep the leg for stick and move. The extra crit chain starters can be nice. Other then that the only other thing i would tell you to do is try traiting 5 deep in QK and see how you like it. It's epic dps.

One more thing i just remembered is i slot both hobbit stealth & silence. Hobbit stealth is good for if you're low on morale in stealth and trying to get away and you get tracked by a warg looking to get your KB pop out of regular stealth then go into hobbit stealth to break the track. Then as soon as your regular stealth is up swap back to it. I haven't had to use it that much but I've been thankful I've had it traited a few times.

As far as hobbit silence it a thing that could save you if you are getting ganked and you hobbit flop then some other freeps come up to fight the creeps that are waiting for you to come out of your flop. I actually saved a hobbit mini on my server like this the other day. She 1v1'd a reaver killed said reaver was low on morale and a warg decided to jump her she flopped immediately and me and my other burg friend went in a dropped the warg in 2 hits.
    Last edited by Amhbrose; Jan 06 2012 at 09:38 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002b6230/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I forgot to mention virtue's.

Zeal
    Determination
    Valour
    innocence
    Loyalty

Thats what i use IIRC.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002b6230/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Amhbrose View Post
    Your traits aren't bad mine are similar except i run a full QK build. if you want to keep your hybrid build i understand. One thing i would change is i would swap appraising eye for Trickster (aoe dust) it can be a saving grace when getting 3v1'd by wargs.

I would also trait Hobbit throw stone. Yes the attack doesn't do much damage but it's helped me get more then a few kb's by proc'ing a mez when my riddle was on cooldown and the creep had me slowed trying to run away.

I would also swap out sweep the leg for stick and move. The extra crit chain starters can be nice. Other then that the only other thing i would tell you to do is try traiting 5 deep in QK and see how you like it. It's epic dps.

One more thing i just remembered is i slot both hobbit stealth & silence. Hobbit stealth is good for if you're low on morale in stealth and trying to get away and you get tracked by a warg looking to get your KB pop out of regular stealth then go into hobbit stealth to break the track. Then as soon as your regular stealth is up swap back to it. I haven't had to use it that much but I've been thankful I've had it traited a few times.

As far as hobbit silence it a thing that could save you if you are getting ganked and you hobbit flop then some other freeps come up to fight the creeps that are waiting for you to come out of your flop. I actually saved a hobbit mini on my server like this the other day. She 1v1'd a reaver killed said reaver was low on morale and a warg decided to jump her she flopped immediately and me and my other burg friend went in a dropped the warg in 2 hits.
    I really wanted to read your answer, but the wall of text was critting me hard. I hope you don't mind.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Riddermark/Hocus"]
    [/URL] [/CENTER]

Your traits aren't bad mine are similar except i run a full QK build.
    There is 8 total QK Class Traits but you can only equip 7, what one do you leave out, is there one least favorite among them?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredent View Post
    I really wanted to read your answer, but the wall of text was critting me hard. I hope you don't mind.
    NP Fixed for easier reading =)

Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    There is 8 total QK Class Traits but you can only equip 7, what one do you leave out, is there one least favorite among them?
    you don't equip 7 you equip 5 and use the capstone i should of been more clear. My current build is....

From QK:
    Hidden Dagger
    Cunning Wound
    Focused Eye
    Strategic Planning
    Ambidextrous

From Gambler:
    Leafwalker

From MM:
    Trickster

Legendary Traits:
    Flashing Blades
    Practiced Bluff
    Stick & Move
    Last edited by Amhbrose; Jan 06 2012 at 09:47 AM.

you don't equip 7 you equip 5 and use the capstone i should of been more clear. My current build is....

From QK:
    Hidden Dagger
    Cunning Wound
    Focused Eye
    Strategic Planning
    Ambidextrous

From Gambler:
    Leafwalker

From MM:
    Trickster

Legendary Traits:
    Flashing Blades
    Practiced Bluff
    Stick & Move
    Thanks for the help, now i have something to work towards, much appreciated cheers!

Also, do you run Gambler all the time?
    Last edited by zyphentis; Jan 06 2012 at 10:20 AM.

No i run in QK stance all the time.

Wink Re: Burglar Trait Build for Moors

I've been looking for months now about how to build a better burg and haven't found anything really for what I am doing I am 75 now and run gamble stance soloing an mm for fellows. Also have five gambler traits slotted and two QK and I have done very well for pvm and also in pvmp but i would like to hear what others like to trait for class skill. You can find any other class on these links but it so hard to find burg builds. I love gambles but but if there is a better way I want to know because I made my burg for the moors and I want to make sure I can handle those sticky situations. My traits are swift n subtle, cruel odds, leaf walker, side step,honed wit and hidden dagger, cunning wound. I won't even get into virtues. I know what I am supposed to use but I built more for morale, resistance, and mitigations. Any input would be awesome. Thank you.

Adelekar Brimbottom 75 burglar dwarrodelf
    Annanelle 75 hunter dwarrodelf
    Arbelleson 20 LM dwarrodelf

I you roll gambler:

Swift and Subtle (TG)
    Cruel Odds (TG)
    Side-step (TG)
    Leaf-walker (TG)
    Honed Wit (TG)
    Opportunist (MM)
    Trickster (MM)

Legendary traits:

Flashing Blades
    Stick and Move
    Dealings Done
    Palesinik, Brandywine Epic Gambler Burg

When Mirkwood was out I was always a Gambler in the moores, what do you guys feel is more viable now?? I hear QK is crazy these days, next week I will be buying rise of isengard but just wanted to get my research in
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000111f84/signature.png]Medicaid[/charsig]

It all comes down to your style of play really.

Quiet Knife is built for burst DPS and the goal is to deal with your opponent before he can deal with you.
    For that reason, the QK built is also more squishy than a gambler built, since you focus on damage, you sacrifice survivability.

Gambler on the other hand is the opposite. You play "cat & mouse" with your enemy and survivability is much higher.

Mischief I have no idea what it is about, nor will I never know....just one word of advice, avoid using it in the moors.

For the moors it is useful to trait Enrage if you are caught in the midst of several Black Arrows (they will hate you for traiting it).

You can trait DITE (Dust In The Eyes) for those situations where you have large warg-packs lurking about.

If you are standing face-to-toe with lots of Defilers, then you can make use of Subtle Stab, using the barter relic from Glân Vraig which reduces their healing.

As a moors-oriented burglar, it is important that you squeeze the most out of your little hobbit, since you will need to get used to facing opponents twice your size, with twice (or even three times) as much as morale as you have.

Most of it comes down to your rotations. Of course traits and skills matter, but if you have your rotations down and working, it doesn't matter if you are a Gambler, or a Quiet Knife addict - you are unstoppable (until they stop you).

One of the best ways to improve on your skills is to study other burglars and learn from others. Pick bits and bobs of their technique, combine it with your own and perfect your style.

If you are going for a Gambler build, look at Palesink, he is (in my opinion) one of the best Gamblers I've ever seen.
    [COLOR=#00ff00]The road to success is always under construction.[/COLOR]

From QK:
    Hidden Dagger
    Cunning Wound
    Focused Eye
    Strategic Planning
    Ambidextrous

From Gambler:
    Leafwalker

From MM:
    Trickster

Legendary Traits:
    Flashing Blades
    Practiced Bluff
    Stick & Move
    I use pretty much the same traits. AOE dust is amazing in the Moors. I use Footpad instead of Leafwalker for Improved Feint attack + Provoke mez every 15 seconds & the +2 stealth.
    Last edited by Yosoff; Feb 23 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Yosoff View Post
    I use pretty much the same traits. AOE dust is amazing in the Moors. I use Footpad instead of Leafwalker for Improved Feint attack + Provoke mez every 15 seconds & the +2 stealth.
    leafwalker is the trait with the provoke mezz on it. Footpad is the burgle debuff
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000c80f8/signature.png]Healingfiend[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    If you are going for a Gambler build, look at Palesink, he is (in my opinion) one of the best Gamblers I've ever seen.
    Thank you for the kind words. On the other hand, I don't have a lot of competition in that field of expertise :P
    Palesinik, Brandywine Epic Gambler Burg

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    leafwalker is the trait with the provoke mezz on it. Footpad is the burgle debuff
    Thanks for the correction, I always get those mixed up and wasn't in-game. Provoke mez is what you want though.
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

Don't go with sweep the leg. Too many creeps have reflect damage, they'll knock you out of stealth.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar[/COLOR]

just role a hunter or play creep side.

Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    QFT. best gambler burg out there, and one the best burgs on BW imo.

i would give my 2 cents, but people have already stated what i trait.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

leaf walker is one most important trait
    and enrage or trickster. if there are lotsa BAs enrage trait or if there is lotsa lotsa ppl than trickster.
    other 5 trait is QK. than its all ok.
    as leg trait. practiced bluff is important. cuz it damages hard and low cd (i max the leg of it so every 15 sec use it). after stun the opponent improved feint attack is so good cuz in some situations you need to use it more than once in 5 min. i LOVE improved feint attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon23 View Post
    I you roll gambler:

Swift and Subtle (TG)
    Cruel Odds (TG)
    Side-step (TG)
    Leaf-walker (TG)
    Honed Wit (TG)
    Opportunist (MM)
    Trickster (MM)

Legendary traits:

Flashing Blades
    Stick and Move
    Dealings Done
    I like your trait setup however, I'm also interested in your rotation as well as legacies. I am new to the moors and have found that survive-ability, i.e. gambler may be the way to go. I have pretty much gone 5 QK and 2 MM for raids and groups unless I need to slot more MM for CC. The only thought I had on your traits was: would it be more beneficial to slot ambidextrous vs. Opportunist. Also as far as legacies go, my thoughts were to go bleed oriented, increased riddle and trick range, and increase gamble chance. Thoughts?

Leafwalker for the stealth speed, Trickster for the wargs, then either 5 red or 4 red and Blind Fury . At the moment 4r 2y 1b, because although I miss IFA, I love slapping Enrage on BAs.

Anyone know if Enrage does anything to spiders?

Would love to play around with Gambler, and even MM, in moors, but the costs for making extra weapons and bag are too high.