We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

3-mans, no healer...

This might be old news, but we've been experimenting with it over the past few weeks. Any others trying this out? So far we've managed the following combos:

Tham School/Library (+challenge):
    2 champ, 1 guard
    2 guard, 1 champ
    1 hunter, 1 champ, 1 burg
    1 warden, 1 champ, 1 hunter

Fangorn (T1):
    2 champ, 1 guard
    2 guard, 1 champ
    1 hunter, 1 champ, 1 burg
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

Re: 3-mans, no healer...

Few days ago I ran pits of isengard for the first time with a champ and another warden (fail instance finder).

It was T1, so we cleared fire wing. Wiped a couple times on the trash in the fire wing from getting thrown, but I tanked and self healed my way through every fight, including the final boss.

Edit: this was on Imladris server, just saw the post on the front page.
    Last edited by Mestri; Jan 03 2012 at 11:51 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000083691/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Try running school/library with 2 LM's and an RK. At least one of the bosses (can't remember which) chews thru clothies like butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingador View Post
    Try running school/library with 2 LM's and an RK. At least one of the bosses (can't remember which) chews thru clothies like butter.
    that isn't very hard at all. RK heals, LMs nuke and alternate debuffs. I've even tanked them on my RK.

The instance finder considers a group makeup with either one tank or one healer viable, and since there are a lot more DPS classes out there than tanks and healers, a tank or a healer will therefore almost always be paired up with two DPS/Support classes. For school/library this is reasonable, but for the new Isengard 3 mans a no healer setup just doesn't work. As a tank you could try to trick the instance finder by signing up as DPS and hope that it will pair you with a healer...

Turbine needs to modify the instance finder to give each instance its own requirements. Almost any class makeup is viable for a 3 man tier 1 skirm (as long as it is not Icy Crevasse). School/library can be done with either a tank or a healer. Fangorn and the Pits tier 1 can be done with a healer and no tank, but for Dargnakh and tier 2s you really want both a healer and a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Merowin View Post
    For school/library this is reasonable, but for the new Isengard 3 mans a no healer setup just doesn't work. As a tank you could try to trick the instance finder by signing up as DPS and hope that it will pair you with a healer...
    It does though, which was the reason for the thread. At least in Fangorn. Not saying it was easy though on the final in any of those. We didn't use the "Finder" option for that; just saw if we could make it happen with what we had online and wanted to do stuff.

The Tham runs I'm nearly convinced now just about any seasoned trio could pull it off. A Finder "fail" actually sparked all this trial after the update. Turns out it's not a fail at all; just a change of tactics.

That's a really good point about tanks classifying themselves as dps in the Finder; I'll recommend that.

Well, instance finder would not be such a fail (Maybe it would be harder to find groups, but they would be good groups) If people stop faking their roles. Today I got a group that said to be DPS(me)/Support/Healer, and it turned to be Hunter/Hunter/Cappy, for T2 Fangorn.. FAIL!
    About instances, they can be ran with other kind of groups, I've done Fangorn T2 with Hunter/Champ/TankingChamp, and Pits T1 with RK/Hunter/LM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000018316f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Meliaan, Luthieen, Tilionn, Liia. Any doubt? I'm a Tolkien fan.

Sorry to butt in on your server's thread but I'd just like to point out that those instances that have been listed have all been solo'd by a few champs, so it shouldn't be hard to do with 3 people and no healer at all.

Evil ezmode champs, go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    Sorry to butt in on your server's thread but I'd just like to point out that those instances that have been listed have all been solo'd by a few champs, so it shouldn't be hard to do with 3 people and no healer at all.
    Lol. Impossible at-level with the challenge. Whatever.

People were saying in the beta that healers were no longer needed for the 3 mans. I noticed it back then and it's still popular today to run without them. My healers are sad for it, and the games changed enough for me that I've stopped playing most of my guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnarr View Post
    Lol. Impossible at-level with the challenge. Whatever.
    It was T1 and clearly not impossible. Have a look.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...00#post5913700

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    It was T1 and clearly not impossible. Have a look.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...00#post5913700
    Impressive! Have the Tham ones too that you mentioned? The challenges there were more to the point of why I said it was impossible solo for those instances. Requires three people for the scroll cases bit.

(EDIT) But super impressive these have been done even without the challenge.
    Last edited by Magnarr; Jan 27 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnarr View Post
    Impressive! Have the Tham ones too that you mentioned? The challenges there were more to the point of why I said it was impossible solo for those instances. Requires three people for the scroll cases bit.

(EDIT) But super impressive these have been done even without the challenge.
    Isengard T1 3 mans are not that hard especially since they made Fangorn's Edge and Dargnákh Unleashed so much easier.

Here is my list of solod stuff http://schrodwarden.blogspot.ca/2012...instances.html
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e3830/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url]http://schrodwarden.blogspot.ca/[/url]