We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting Recipes

Is there any way to access crafting recipes, if not through the API then perhaps through some data file that already exists somewhere? What I would like to make is a plugin that, for a given recipe, could tell you what ingredients you have and which ones you still need.

For example, if you wanted to cook Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce, it would know that you needed: 1 Pinch of Mixed Herbs, 1 Rack of Lamb, and 1 Jar of Mint Sauce; which in turn means that you need 1 Bottle of Vinegar, 1 Pinch of Mixed Spice, and 1 Bundle of Mint Leaves.

Is this information available anywhere?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a2a49/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Crafting Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by DominicDuvall View Post
    Is there any way to access crafting recipes, if not through the API then perhaps through some data file that already exists somewhere? What I would like to make is a plugin that, for a given recipe, could tell you what ingredients you have and which ones you still need.

For example, if you wanted to cook Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce, it would know that you needed: 1 Pinch of Mixed Herbs, 1 Rack of Lamb, and 1 Jar of Mint Sauce; which in turn means that you need 1 Bottle of Vinegar, 1 Pinch of Mixed Spice, and 1 Bundle of Mint Leaves.

Unfortunately not. You'd have to compile a database table yourself with all the recipes and ingredients then work from that. e.g.

Code:
    _COOK = 
    {
    ["Honey-Cake"] = { [1] = "Drop of Fine Clover honey"; [2] = "Ball of Dough"; [3] = "Pinch of Mixed Spice"; };
    };
    and do that for ALL the different recipes. It may not be the easiest thing to do, but at least it will give you some flexibility to construct the table in a way that may be more efficient for you.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins

The LOTRO Wiki has a recipe index. I don't see any Tier7 recipes yet, but T1-6 is complete
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Master_Recipe_Index

Edit: OOps yes it does have Westfold recipes
    Last edited by Coruven; Dec 29 2011 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    The LOTRO Wiki has a recipe index. I don't see any Tier7 recipes yet, but T1-6 is complete
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Master_Recipe_Index

Edit: OOps yes it does have Westfold recipes
    Lotro-wiki is missing most of the Westfold recipes and those that are there are incomplete (Turbine added quite a few in Update 5 that aren't even in the Lorebook yet). In addition to the Westfold issue, both the Lorebook and Lotro-wiki have duplicate or incorrect recipes, mostly leftover stuff from the changeover to mulit-output recipes. My crafting database was originally pulled from the Lorebook and then cleaned up to eliminate the no longer valid entries and add those that were found at third party sites like Lotro-wiki or encountered in game. Unfortunately, I stopped tracking the ingredients some time back around the launch of Moria as the computer that was housing the database died and I never got around to restoring from the backup.

My current recipe list can be found in the crafting.lua file in AltInventory. I have found a few more world drop Westfold recipes since 2.05 was released and I'm sure there's a few more still missing but it's more complete and accurate than either the Lorebook or Lotro-wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by DominicDuvall View Post

The lua plugin LOTRO Compendium has a crafting database with the ingredients for the recipes. However, like Garan said, a lot of the newer recipes are missing from Lorebook, and that is the primary source of the recipe list.