We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Burglar Virtues

Burglar Virtues

I was wondering what the best virtues were to slot in the following instances:
    Solo PvE
    Solo PvP
    Group PvE

I could not find anything (recent) having to do with burglar virtues - never was good at search boxes though.
    Thanks in advance!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000a3993/signature.png]Ikimaru[/charsig]

Duct Tape is alot like the force. It has a dark side, a light side, and it binds the galaxy together.

Re: Burglar Virtues

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin8000 View Post
    I was wondering what the best virtues were to slot in the following instances:
    Solo PvE
    Solo PvP
    Group PvE

I could not find anything (recent) having to do with burglar virtues - never was good at search boxes though.
    Thanks in advance!
    Yeah, I would like to know this as well!

Not an expert, but I think we should stack resistances and mitigations on virtues

same here, will help me out alot since I just start leveling up my burg.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

In my experience which is limited mostly to solo play and not so much PvP (though I have looked alot into this in theory ) some of the best are:

Zeal and Valour for the morale mainly.

Innocence, Charity, Compassion, Tolerance and Honour for restances and mitigations.

Can play around with these and for the Moors stacking tactical mitigation seems the way to go as discussed in other threads on the subject.

This thread should help, did it last week myself .. hehe

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...rtues-for-PvMP
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Riddermark/Hocus"]
    [/URL] [/CENTER]

I try to fill out some gaps by stacking tactical and physical mitigation, power, armor, resistance, vitality and a bit of fate. There's enough agility to go around as it is, and +morale virtues often have undesirable secondary or even primary bonuses like might or non-combat morale regen. Zeal is great, but mine is only rank 5. :/

Mostly solo PvE.
    I have two burgs. Both have the same Virtues although one (Man) is Quiet Knife the other (hobbit) is Gambler.

Used to run with Valour, switched it out for Zeal (morale, melee mit).

Compassion (ranged mit)
    Innocence (melee mit)
    Empathy (armor)
    Determination (agility)

Just as an example of how hardy this is, I recently did the 'Save the ranger from the Shadow wolves' quest in Enedwaith (one of the first ones you do). Had no problem with either burg, taking down the last boss wolf.

My Hunter did not fair so well, even died the first time. Not sure why, since both the burgs and the hunter have medium armor, but the boss wolf tore my hunter a new one. Died the first time and then I barely survived WITH the man heal on second attempt (with much kiting). Might be the burgs had more firepower than the hunter (hard to believe I know), or the aggro was more on the hunter than the burgs. Hunter has lower zeal and loyalty instead of determination and something other (not sure atm) than Innocence. (All were level 66 when doing it)
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

mine r valour+6 determination+7 fidelity+6tolerance+6loyalty+7 lvl 46 burg atm

With the game as it stands now, the primary purpose of your virtuesfor Group/Raid content is to provide the mitigations and some extra morale necessary to keep you alive.

For Draigoch and most trash, you are taking primarily physical damage, and thus you should be traiting for physical mitigation. My 75s (Hunter, Burglar, Captain) trait:

Compassion, Innocence (highest P-Mit values), Charity, Zeal (next highest P-Mit values plus morale from Zeal, and Valour (morale).

When fighting bosses and in the moors, you are taking primarily tactical damage, and thus you should be traiting for tactical mitigation. My guys trait:

Tolerence, Fidelity (highest T-Mit values), Honour (next highest), and I keep Zeal and Valour for morale.

Just my opinion for what it is worth

Lunimiriel-Magellin
    Elven Huntress of Lorien
    Honoured warrior of the White Lady
    Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.