We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Guide for PUG [Tower of Orthanc]

The purpose of this thread is for the sake of pug raiding in tower of orthanc, hopefully this thread will be able to:

1)Reduce numbers of wipe in pug Orthanc
    2)Increasing success % of pug raid
    3)Result in more happy player

Any experienced player who would like to post up a brief and clear instruction for each wing are much appreaciated.
    As far as i pick up from reading:

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ____________________

Wing: Acid
    Trash: [tank or mezz warg] while [killing orcs], [move away from slug or assign some heavy to taunt kite them]
    Boss: tank boss, [tank grabs adds in middle of fight, may cc troll while burn down other adds], [move around when the room floods, you take damage from standing still]

Wing: Fire & Frost
    Trash: First pull, two tanks grab trolls separate them to bottom left and right corner, CC ruffians, burn one ruffian at a time, then take out the trolls last.
    Second pull= CC ruffians, tanks sepertate a couple of the twisted warriors, rest of raid dps twisted warriors down asap then onto ruffians.
    Third pull= similar to first pull, tank trolls in bottom left and right corner, CC ruffians and dps the twisteds. off tank may grab twisted if needed.
    Boss: 6 persons on each boss [total 2 boss], adds immune to all damage[need to have a CC cast on them at 2/3rds and 1/3rds life]

Wing: Lighting
    Trash: [mezzed trolls] and [burned down Uruks moving them out of the healing circles they cast],[letting the deep claws die to aoe or burn them first & fast].
    Boss: [2 tank need to swap aggro to control debuff tier, tier maxed=wipe], [non-tanks need to stand together due to distributed damage from the ball lightning limrafn explosion.] [When he starts doing chain lightning, the people in the chain need to move away from each other to break the chain] (try to avoid getting exploded by a limrafn while doing this)

Wing: Fear
    Trash:
    Floor pull- [mez the 100K+ guy], [burn their adds, healer first, then uruk], last is 100k guy.
    Stairs pull- may use cc class such as lm and hunter to [aoe root], [burn their healers first, uruk then 100k guy].. if 100k guy broke mezz kite him down the stairs.
    Boss: Tank him slightly to the side at first, cloud drops every 20-30 seconds,[if PURPLE= Move Out it will do a 1k dot, if BLACK= Stand Still, 5k dot if u moving around]..If a Purple AND Black cloud appear WAIT for black to go then move or just stand still have heal through the purple cloud.
    Once he's below [50% morale he'll start doing roots that'll grab someone and also if he's in the purple cloud he'll start to heal].He'll do a [little poison/acid icon on someone, if they're not healed to 100% morale within 10 seconds they insta die]. Continues dps until he is down.

Saruman

There's 5 waves of 5 elemental sarumen. Basically, two tanks are needed in the fight, and usually, one tank gets 3 clones (shadow, fire, acid) and other tank gets 2 (storm and frost) and tanks them on the other side of the roo . Make sure your tanks don't have a ring, else they can't be the object of a ring buff, its best to give the rings to support classes and healers.Always use your ring skills early in the wave, each wave gets easier once clones start dying.

After beating a phase, each ring-bearer have to return to the spot where they picked up their ring and ready to use the first skill to cause backlash on Saruman's ring at the right time, or else the phase will repeat. Each ring also has beneficial abilities that help non-ring-bearers fight the Sarumen,Ring bearer need to utilize their special ability to help out the raid. Throughout the fight, going near the central Saruman will cause silence on whoever goes there. Sarumen can be CC'd but have Adaptation, so it won't work indefinitely.
    The Saruman fight will begin when five assigned ring-bearers have picked up their rings.
    1st phase: Saruman will spawn five elemental Sarumen. Shadow heals, acid puts nasty stackable non-removable dots on whoever is tanking him, rest are pretty non-remarkable.Burn down shadow clone first, then storm, fire, acid, and frost last.

2nd phase: Shadow heals, Lightning occasionally sends a big bolt in 4 directions (keep him away) Acid will now does larger dots and cast a bubble on players which forces the healers to overheal that player to remove it or Acid will return to near-full health when it expires. Keeping Saruman in the north-west corner of the roof with his back turned should keep it under control. Each Saruman also gains a buff if the roof is attuned to their element. Fire and frost are still pretty unremarkable.

3rd phase: Saruman will join the fray, though he will remain stationary. Shadow heals, all of them get temporary morale bubbles (switch targets) central Saruman will cast chain lighting from himself at four direction, to be specified it is precisely front,back and on both sides, to avoid it, stand at any 45 degree away from boss. There is a new effect: Status ailments.Periodically, members of the raid will be afflicted with a fear, a wound, a poison, or a disease. CURE THESE IMMEDIATELY. If they are not removed, they will cause a nasty DOT to the group (or so it appears) and also spread to your fellow raid members.
    On top of this, incredibly dangerous fear clouds will spawn (on random players) that deal a large amount of damage to those that stand within them. When the roof elemental/attune of the area matches one of the Sarumen, they get an additional nasty thing to do. Whoever is tanking frost needs to stand still if its in the frost mode or he'll take ~5k dmg per step.[Need more info on other element special ability]

4th phase: Saruman will remain in the fray and, yet again, five Sarumen will spawn. The ailments and roff element/attune will be gone, but the clouds shall remain. Additionally, a new cloud will appear (acid) and green puddles that heal the Sarumen when they stand within them will begin to show up. The acid clouds are especially dangerous as (with the highest graphics settings) they are hard to see, in addition to being slightly larger than they appear.

5th phase: Saruman will stay in the fray, but this time TEN Sarumen will spawn, clones are doubled, one tank get 6, the other 4, each with similar abilities to their initial phase, but they also have approximately 50k less health than before, there will be two shadow clones healing, you need to have people watching them being ready to interrupt them all the time. Additionally, on top of clouds, raid members will occasionally get an eye above their head, and when that eye expires, you will be sent flying in a seemingly random direction... Possibly off the tower...
    You basically have everything from phase 4, except you can also be yanked/punted, so we position our raid (whenever can) against the doors/spires to prevent them from going over the edge.

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ____________________

Additional info :
    1) http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Saruman-rings
    2) http://darklegacy.guildlaunch.com/gw...man&gid=205816
    3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEONFg8ssG0
    Please take note that info here refer to t1..advice for t2 will be added in in future.

Reminder: ALL info are contribution from Hero of Middle Earth. I did not quote properly as it creates complication for readers. However i do create a list of contributors to give them credit and rep
    Credit to: Comma44,mjmallon,Sylux14,Irach am,Thorebane,DallasXXIII,aeont ron, Lemluyen,Merebrand, Kin of Dark Legacy from Nimrodel
    Last edited by Nnythingu1; Jan 17 2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: update

Re: Guide for PUG [Tower of Orthanc]

Quote Originally Posted by Nnythingu1 View Post

Wing: Lighting and Frost
    Trash: Need advice
    Boss: 6 persons on each boss [total 2 boss], adds immune to all damage[need cc to take them out.. need more advice]

Its Fire and Frost, just so you know.
    MI6 - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Gothmog
    R4 Champion Erelena R9 Guardian Merebrand R12 Burglar R9 Captain R6 Hunter
    R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | R8 Warleader

Wing: Fire and Frost
    Boss: 6 persons on each boss [total 2 boss], adds immune to all damage[need cc to take them out.. need more advice]
    The adds need to have a CC cast on them at 2/3rds and 1/3rds life

Boss: 2 tank need to swap aggro to control debuff tier, tier maxed=wipe
    Only time I had attempted lightning ring, we mezzed trolls and burned down Uruks moving them out of the healing circles they cast, letting the deep claws die to aoe. I am sure there is a better and safer way to do this but for now its a suggested method.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000025c48f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'll do shadow briefly,

Floor pull - Go forward and mez the 100K+ guy there (cannot remember the name atm), then start on the adds with healers first, then the normal uruks then 100K+ one.

Stairs pull - everyone but two LMs or a LM + Hunter traited for AoE root wait halfway up the stairs while the hunter and LM take a side at the top of the stairs each. Work out when you have most number of adds each side and stun/mez/root according to get the most amount. ( We normally manage all for atleast 10 seconds but we use two LM's), start to burn down healers and if the other 100K+ guy comes have the tank kite him at the bottom of the stairs, within healing range, where the floor pull was. once healers and normal uruks down kill 100K+ one.

Boss -

Tank him just slightly to the side at first, every 20-30 seconds he'll do a cloud of either black or purple. If it's purple move out of it as it does about 1K damage a second. If it's Black DO NOT MOVE other wise it's 5K damage for every STEP you take otherwise just move him when a cloud appears. If a Purple AND Black cloud appear wait for black to go then move or just stand still have heal through the purple cloud/

Once he's below 50% morale he'll start doing roots that'll grab someone and also if he's in the purple cloud he'll start to heal.

Now, also once below 50% he'll do a little poison/acid icon on someone, if they're not healed to 100% morale within 10 seconds they insta die.

Just continue to dps him and he'll go down
    Last edited by Thorebane; Dec 27 2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: More info
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Wing: Acid
    Trash: [fear,mezz, cc warg] while [killing orcs], [move away from slug or assign some heavy to taunt kite them]
    Boss: tank boss, [tank grabs adds in middle of fight], [do not move when room is flood]
    Actually you want to move around when the room floods, you take damage from standing still (unless, I think, you're on one of the places not flooded), Also can CC adds (iirc trolls have adaptation, I don't think the others do)

Trash: mezzed trolls and burned down Uruks moving them out of the healing circles they cast, letting the deep claws die to aoe.
    Boss: 2 tank need to swap aggro to control debuff tier, tier maxed=wipe
    Your tanks are probably going to die at some point due to the steam debuff tiering up too high (and it takes 40 sec to tier down) Unless someone else has a better idea on how to avoid steam. (they will die due to the Steam causing massive amounts of +incoming damage) Also your non-tanks need to stand together due to distributed damage from the ball lightning limrafn explosion. When he starts doing chain lightning, the people in the chain need to move away from each other to break the chain (try to avoid getting exploded by a limrafn while doing this)

Saruman
    Boss will cast chain lighting from himself at four direction, to be specified it is precisely front,back and on both sides, to avoid it, stand at any 45 degree away from boss. [Need advice]
    Ring bearer need to utilize their special ability to help out the raid.
    You're not going to be able to distill Saruman into a quick one liner. There's 5 waves of 5 elemental sarumen, each wave gets harder, and in the third wave the middle Saruman starts throwing out stuff as well. Once you beat a wave, your ring bearers will need to go to the spot they grabbed the ring and prepare to use the first skill to cause backlash on Saruman's ring. Throughout the fight, going near the central Saruman will cause silence on whoever goes there. Sarumen can be CC'd but have Adaptation, so it won't work indefinitely.

1st wave: Shadow heals, acid puts nasty stackable non-removable dots on whoever is tanking him, rest are pretty non-remarkable.
    2nd wave: Shadow heals, acid does larger dots, Lightning sends a big bolt in 4 directions (keep him away) fire and frost are still pretty unremarkable.
    3rd wave: Shadow heals, all of them get temporary morale bubbles (switch targets) central Saruman starts throwing out light (as in, light type) damage and elemental effects. When the elemental mood of the area matches one of the Sarumen, they get an additional nasty thing to do. Only effect I know for sure is that whoever is tanking frost needs to stand still if its in the frost mode or he'll take ~5k dmg per step.
    Haven't beaten 3rd wave yet (only had one night of attempts on Saruman before holidays started claiming people.)

My personal difficulty scale for ToO bosses (on t1 at least) is Saruman>lightning>fire&ice>sha dow>acid. Acid wing trash is harder than the boss, sadly (a pox upon exploding slugs)
    Last edited by Iracham; Dec 27 2011 at 10:41 AM.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

SPOILER WARNING: READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SEE A PARTIAL STRAT FOR SARUMAN TIER 1!

The Saruman fight will begin when your five assigned ring-bearers have picked up their rings.

Between each phase, have each ring-bearer return to the spot where they picked up their ring when they began the fight. If you do not use a particular skill at the right time, the phase will repeat. Each ring also has beneficial abilities that help non-ring-bearers fight the Sarumen.

In phase 1, Saruman will spawn five elemental Sarumen, nothing too spectacular besides shadow healing and acid dealing high damage. Acid first, then shadow, then the rest in order.

In phase 2, Saruman will spawn five elemental Sarumen. Unlike phase 1, two Sarumen now have noticeable special abilities: Acid will now cast a bubble on players which forces the healers to overheal that player to remove it or Acid will return to near-full health when it expires. Lightning will now shoot lightning bolts in four directions every once in a while, though keeping that Saruman in the north-west corner of the roof with his back turned should keep it under control. Each Saruman also gains a buff if the roof is attuned to their element.

In phase 3, Saruman will join the fray, though he will remain stationary. Five Sarumen will, once again, spawn and each must be killed. The "overheal bubble" and lightning strike are gone now, but you must deal with a new effect: Status ailments. Periodically, members of the raid will be afflicted with a fear, a wound, a poison, or a disease. CURE THESE IMMEDIATELY. If they are not removed, they will cause a nasty DOT to the group (or so it appears) and also spread to your fellow raid members. On top of this, incredibly dangerous fear clouds will spawn (on random players) that deal a large amount of damage to those that stand within them.

In phase 4, Saruman will remain in the fray and, yet again, five Sarumen will spawn. The ailments will be gone, but the clouds shall remain. Additionally, a new cloud will appear (acid) and green puddles that heal the Sarumen when they stand within them will begin to show up. The acid clouds are especially dangerous as (with the highest graphics settings) they are hard to see, in addition to being slightly larger than they appear.

In phase 5, Saruman will stay in the fray, but this time TEN Sarumen will spawn, each with similar abilities to their initial phase, but they also have approximately 50k less health than before. Additionally, on top of clouds, a new mechanic comes into play: PULLS/PUNTS. Raid members will occasionally get an eye above their head, and when that eye expires, you will be sent flying in a seemingly random direction... Possibly off the tower... (If anyone knows how to beat this phase, feel free to finish the strat.)

As I said, partial, but if it helps someone then it is a good thing.
    Last edited by Sylux14; Dec 28 2011 at 03:32 PM.
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=279975]My first raid idea.[/URL]
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328485-Enedwaith-Raid-Zigil-D%FBm]The Third[/URL]
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?317179-Non-radiance-gated-Flaming-Deeps-raid-Gh%E2sh-lug]The Second[/URL] (Technically the third, but the real second one I have disowned!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux14 View Post
    TEN Sarumen
    Really.

FML

We made it to wave 4 but the lightning guy was pretty violent. Just another note is during 3rd phase and beyond be sure if you are tanking lightning to aim his bad at a tower then a lil to the left or right. that way he bolt is predictable. as for tanks taking certain amount i focused on lightning had a champ tank whoever dps was burning down and warden kite rest. btw in tier 1 sucess did the clasp drop. just curiious or is that only tier2
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001de7cc/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mjmallon View Post
    The clasp did not drop on tier1 for us, nor have we seen a first age symbol from tier 1 at all. So my guess is that clasp and first age symbols only drop from t2 and t2c chests.
    Some people have seen the clasp from T1, but it is good to know that it is not a guaranteed drop.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmallon View Post

And good luck with the guide, but why don't you move this to the wiki instead of just a forum post?

Cheers,

Good idea, i wish to see a walkthrough on wiki too

I am newbie in posting :P i need to learn how to edit in wiki article.. but first i need to complete this guide 1st.

The Symbol ONLY drops from T2 and T2C chests.

They get a higher % to drop the higher the lock of each wing.
    The only 100% drop of is Saruman T2 challenge.
    Last edited by Thorebane; Dec 29 2011 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracham View Post
    Some people have seen the clasp from T1, but it is good to know that it is not a guaranteed drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    The clasp and Symbol ONLY drops from T2 and T2C chests.

The only 100% drop of both is Saruman T2 challenge.

Hmmm...

Thorebane, I saw jwbarry say that the SYMBOL drops only from Tier II, but I saw nothing about the clasp, can you provide the Blue Name quote that states the clasp is Tier II only?
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=279975]My first raid idea.[/URL]
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328485-Enedwaith-Raid-Zigil-D%FBm]The Third[/URL]
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?317179-Non-radiance-gated-Flaming-Deeps-raid-Gh%E2sh-lug]The Second[/URL] (Technically the third, but the real second one I have disowned!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    The clasp and Symbol ONLY drops from T2 and T2C chests.

The only 100% drop of both is Saruman T2 challenge.
    Clasp drops from T1. Confirmed on our server.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]
    Kamriel 75 CHN, Kamsterr 75 LM, HideHobitsHere Bear Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Comma44 View Post
    Clasp drops from T1. Confirmed on our server.

My bad I'll recorrect my post.

Trash: [mezzed trolls] and [burned down Uruks moving them out of the healing circles they cast],[letting the deep claws die to aoe or burn them first & fast].
    Boss: [2 tank need to swap aggro to control debuff tier, tier maxed=wipe], [non-tanks need to stand together due to distributed damage from the ball lightning limrafn explosion.] [When he starts doing chain lightning, the people in the chain need to move away from each other to break the chain] (try to avoid getting exploded by a limrafn while doing this)
    Has anything been off occasionally with this wing? Ran with a group tonight (have done it before, and so have most people in the group) and the mechanics were WAY different. That is: steam was piling up really fast, not on the tanks, but on healers/debuffers/people sitting on the sidelines.

Everyone was clumped (we tried both squishies nearby on a wooden platform a few times, and everyone but the two tanks in one group close to the troll once/the final time), nearly no lightning balls came up and when they did we were still clumped. The non-melee had steam 10+ very very soon into the fight. I was on my LM with nearly zero attack skills on the boss - debuff/power/one DoT, and I was at steam 11 at one point. This didn't happen my previous times, and not much changed (except perhaps we were on a different wooden platform, the squishies), so does this get buggy sometimes? The boss would also break aggro and run at random healers/debuffers (quite often the LMs), so, odd?

Or is there a mechanic in there that I missed (although it worked fine a few times before with the above setup)?
    Last edited by rhegan; Dec 29 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Boss: 6 persons on each boss [total 2 boss], adds immune to all damage[need to have a CC cast on them at 2/3rds and 1/3rds life]

trash= first pull, two tanks, trolls separate in to bottom left and right corner, CC the ruffians and burn one at a time then move onto the trolls.
    second pull= CC ruffians, tanks sepertate a couple of the twisted warriors, rest of raid dps twisted warriors down asap then onto ruffians.
    third pull= similar to first trolls in bottom left and right corner, CC ruffians and dps the twisteds. if need tanks can agro one of the twisted each so rest of raid cna kill things.

hope you guys understand

Here is a great video to use in mapping out your strategy. Tonight we enterd well into Phase 4 and this video has been an extremely useful resource.

Vielen dank Sturmbringer Rhovanions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEONFg8ssG0

Chuck/Voalden
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000003a0f4/signature.png]Lemluyin[/charsig]

[url]http://darklegacy.guildlaunch.com/[/url]

Pugged lightning tonight, found that tanking him with only one tank was much easier for a few reasons. The tank just has to watch their shock, and back up away from the raid when it hits 9. When the shock explodes it will only hit the tank, not the rest of the raid. The tank will die eventually as steam builds up and shock does too much damage, so the raid needs 2-3 people that have in-combat rezes. Just rez the tank and let them keep going.

Easier for a pug because only one tank has to know what to do, doesn't have the stress and hassle of trying to swap aggro around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    Pugged lightning tonight, found that tanking him with only one tank was much easier for a few reasons. The tank just has to watch their shock, and back up away from the raid when it hits 9. When the shock explodes it will only hit the tank, not the rest of the raid. The tank will die eventually as steam builds up and shock does too much damage, so the raid needs 2-3 people that have in-combat rezes. Just rez the tank and let them keep going.

Easier for a pug because only one tank has to know what to do, doesn't have the stress and hassle of trying to swap aggro around.
    Tank gets to 9, dies.
    Boss decides that Mini is looking at him the wrong way.
    Tank gets a rez, comes back up into a group with 7 players dead.
    Rinse and repeat.

2 tanks all the way, thats how your gonna be rolling for T2 so why wouldn't you get used to it in T1.

The only thing I can say for a 1 tank strat is I've done it with a 2 tank group cause my buff only gets to 7 so I don't need to hand it off. But then again I know if I call "swap" I have someone to back me up.

Worst case scenario, make sure your tanks both have threat stance slotted. If they can't swap with normal threat generation routines, have the one who wants it turn threat stance on, and the other one make sure it is off.

Figuring out how to solo tank T1 lightning won't help you at all when you get to shadow boss or start on T2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eavis View Post

2 tanks all the way, thats how your gonna be rolling for T2 so why wouldn't you get used to it in T1.
    I'm just going to leave this here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBRTB4bsx4
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]
    Kamriel 75 CHN, Kamsterr 75 LM, HideHobitsHere Bear Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Eavis View Post
    Tank gets to 9, dies.
    Boss decides that Mini is looking at him the wrong way.
    Tank gets a rez, comes back up into a group with 7 players dead.
    Rinse and repeat.

The only thing I can say for a 1 tank strat is I've done it with a 2 tank group cause my buff only gets to 7 so I don't need to hand it off. But then again I know if I call "swap" I have someone to back me up.
    This is a pug guide isn't it? How many people pug t2? I'm not saying that this is the best way to do it, but we found it to be easiest on t1 pug when almost all of the raid had never seen the boss before.

Tank dies, cappy or champ taunts and holds boss for a few seconds until rez.

Would prefer 2 tanks, but we brought in three other pug tanks, none of them were able to swap aggro even with toggling threat stance.

I was also only dieing at 400-500k with two healers, throw in a third healer and who knows.

Trash: First pull, two tanks grab trolls separate them to bottom left and right corner, CC ruffians, burn one ruffian at a time, then take out the trolls last.
    Second pull= CC ruffians, tanks sepertate a couple of the twisted warriors, rest of raid dps twisted warriors down asap then onto ruffians.
    Third pull= similar to first pull, tank trolls in bottom left and right corner, CC ruffians and dps the twisteds. off tank may grab twisted if needed.
    Fire/Frost PUG T1 EZMode

Best Tank and healing Captain (or healer at a push) head to the guy on the right and keep him and his adds busy.

The other 10 go ballistic on the guy on the left focussing purely on the boss. At some points he will go immune for a few seconds which is a good time to kill some of his adds.

As soon as he is dead kill the rest of the adds on his side then focus DPS on the other BOSS. Its very important not to take on his adds yet as you will have a massive debuff on you. Once you have hit the boss enough your debuff will reset to 0 and you can continue killing him / his adds when he is immune.

The problem with the 6/6 method that we found is that the adds can stack up too much and you end up getting flung around the room and hit but the other bosses adds which hit pretty hard.

Hope this helps.
    Lose = To suffer defeat or fail to win.
    Loose = Not tight or released from a fastening or attachment.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000017d924/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I highly recommend you make a point on boss/group positioning for fire and frost. The biggest cause of T1 wipes in this fight - by FAR - is multi-grim spawns. So you should note that the boss spawns grims periodically and that the nubmer that he spawns is based on the number of people within his 180 degrees frontal arc. You should also recommend that the tank positions him with the tank's back to the wall at the side of the room, so he doesn't get yanked across the room and drag the boss over, which can lead to all sorts of silliness (especially if the boss chooses that time to spawn some adds - with half the other group in his frontal arc).

If you don't get multi-grim spawns, then this fight is almost impossible to fail. It might take a while, but you'll do it.
    Lore-mastery - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast