We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question No more blue keeps?

I have been told that Freep side is not going to flip keeps anymore, is that right?

And if it is, why is that?

Besides TR a couple of times all other keeps have been red for a lot of time and the only fights I see now are on EC - STAB -Lawn. Sucks.

Re: No more blue keeps?

interesting,but not suprised . prob cause it will slow creeps from ranking thus easier to farm them if they dont have skills to be a challenge that would be my guess. I think its funny how ta will be left red(due to easiest keep to exploit) gives the freeps best adavantage
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000c06fd/signature.png]Ailse[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by danr607 View Post
    interesting,but not suprised . prob cause it will slow creeps from ranking thus easier to farm them if they dont have skills to be a challenge that would be my guess. I think its funny how ta will be left red(due to easiest keep to exploit) gives the freeps best adavantage
    Yeah, I asked someone and it was because of that, I found out that not all freeps agree with this, and Valacirca is the one driving the idea and trying to convince others to don't flip.

Anyone can confirm this? I don't usually talk with VC members so I really don't know if it is true, but yesterday the ones who flipped some of the keeps were other people.

Sorry about my english, not my native language zzz.

Unhappy Re: No more blue keeps?

Yea i also heard about this from a few freeps i know. it really dosen,t matter if thats the way vc wants to play. you get 100 infamy from taking a keep cept isen. so doing quests for that area will give me over 100 infamy. tr is a thorn in my side though, it has the easisett quest on the map and thats why they seem to like it blue. i took it and they took it right back, so i guess vc can have tr.

Cool Re: No more blue keeps?

well, i dont care about what others are doing. Me and my friends flipped some keeps last night and we will flip again whenever we get a group to do it.

Why be so afraid of creeps ranking up? let them rank up, fights will be more balanced with creeps using more skills

cheers!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000010f300/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It may be to have Creeps stay out and fight. When Freeps start flipping keeps, the reaction Creepside is usually along the lines of "Just wait at Grams or quest, let them PvE and leave", which I think is a poor reaction.

Granted, there's almost never enough ranked Creeps/healers/organization to deal with a Freep raid, but it's still lame to not even try.

I like that they're not flipping the keeps as much, seems like they're focusing more on PvP rather than having the two raids sneaking around each other capturing things rather than fighting each other. That said, I wouldn't mind them taking keeps every once and a while.

From what I've seen on Creepside, a majority of Creeps would rather quest for infamy (hate hate hate hate) than PvP. Since this is such a low population server, you can usually get more infamy questing than PvP-ing, but still... I don't even play for infamy or rank anymore, just for the PvP aspect. And when there's 7 Freeps out and 20 Creeps, but 16 of the Creeps are questing or in the Delving of Fror, that's just no fun.. (not that 7 v 20 is fun either).

There's a lot of issues on this server, most stemming from the low population and veteran Freeps remaining while veteran Creeps leave, but what server doesn't have its problems.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Also want to point out the giant stack of brooches and crests in my inventory. Whoever said getting moors gear post RoI would be harder than before was silly.

Well whoever thinks having a red map slows creeps down from ranking has no clue. There is only a hand full of quests that have caps compared to the number of quests that are dailies. You know how many quests you can do if that keep is blue? Zero. With a blue map all you could do is pvmp, gather items, or try and take back a keep if the freeps were not around much. So I am all for whoever came up with this idea for keeping the map red. It makes it so much easier to rank up on creep side and esp. for the low level creeps.

The problem on this server I see is not enough people wanting to pvmp. I have been trying a few other servers out in the last couple of weeks and it is like night and day compared to ours. The best thing IMO for our server is to get merged with another.

Yup, but the problem with this is that our server was created, what, a year and a few months ago? That shows Turbine isn't thinking about merging them at all since it was created recently. I agree that we need to be merged with another server.

Turbine needs to upgrade its servers to handle the influx of players, but instead of doing this they just made more servers. Hence why we get more lag than we should. Silly Turbine With the "events" held earlier this month, they've shown they don't even play their own game. They should hire a couple players that have good ideas rather than flounder for answers.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

I for one really enjoy taking Keeps and OPs for Inf and in between and after PvMP. Some of the best play (if not the only best play) is PvMP. Unfortunately to be a viable Creep you must obtain rank. There area many ways to do so, but as a low rank creep the only reasonable one is to grind the E quests and join a Craid with higher ranks. The last few evenings have been immensely enjoyable battles between freeps and creeps Buuut not having the keeps to take back really sucks. Some battles in taking or defending keeps are really super events. Let VC try to discourage new players. Let VC try to ruin the server to what gain? Why not let new players and freeps like Liz have their way (including me BTW)? I play for a good time, not stoking my ego or whatever, just fun. The last couple of weeks have been just that. Thanks to all who have been there Creep or Freep...just fantastic. We can find fun while those who want to argue can do so with themselves. The warg tribe is growing and prospering because of the cool raids and the D of F is needed to obtain many things to be viable in combat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000c0e34/signature.png]Griznakh[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel2000 View Post
    Some battles in taking or defending keeps are really super events.
    I think open-field fights are so much more fun, we just don't get them often because they're not sustainable without even numbers. I would like to take keeps now and then though.