We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LotRO voice actors?

I've been enjoying hearing the voices,but I'm also wondering about them. Who are the actors and actresses who have been doing the voice acting?

Re: LotRO voice actors?

The trolls in ROI instances sound British :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000153291/01007/signature.png]Deerond[/charsig]

A few of the dwarves in Moria sound like the same very angry woman.

It's quite horrible imho.

Quite likely some "generic" voice actors from a catalogue. Thats where a good deal of non-A list actor income lies.

A voice is a voice-- remember the big to-do about the "golden-voiced" homeless man in Ohio not too long ago? He made the national news, simply because someone filmed him with their cellphone and youtubed it. Most voice actors in a medium like this are unknowns; I kinda doubt the money for a name would be afforded.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

IMDB has Voice-over credits for a ton of video games.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974590/

But they only have the credits for 4 of the VO actors in LOTRO.

I wonder if there's any chance they'll ever try to get Christopher Lee or Ian McKellan to do a voice-over? Mr. Lee is already doing the voice for Lucan D'Lere on EQ2, and Heather Graham voices his nemisis Queen Antonia Bayle. I bet they added a big cost to the game.
    Server: Landroval
    Character: Haladain (Runekeeper) Lv. 82
    Kin: REMNANT
    Profession: Scholar

"Hey pizza boy, wanna earn a big tip?"

"- Sure!"

"Say "Would you like that pan fried?" into this microphone kinda like your grandma sounds when she's mad."
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#800080][FONT=century gothic]Nox of Gilrain[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Father of Shewolf
    (DNA-test results pending)[/CENTER]

"Would you like that pan seared."

Quote Originally Posted by ceoholm View Post
    "would you like that pan seared."
    ahahahahah

Sekira Trinitrotoluene
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| PENETRATING THE CREEPS SINCE 2007 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Qynox View Post
    "Hey pizza boy, wanna earn a big tip?"

"- Sure!"

"Say "Would you like that pan fried?" into this microphone kinda like your grandma sounds when she's mad."
    D'oh! Now I understand.

When I get pizza delivered and I tell the guy "Thank you!" as I give him the money, he always responds, "You are not welcome here, Duvodiad."
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    D'oh! Now I understand.

When I get pizza delivered and I tell the guy "Thank you!" as I give him the money, he always responds, "You are not welcome here, Duvodiad."
    Weird. My pizza guy says, "Pizza Hut has need of your aid!" or "At your service, and your family's!"

To be polite, I always kindly respond, "Stay a moment, and have some tea!"

Quote Originally Posted by 12qw View Post
    Weird. My pizza guy says, "Pizza Hut has need of your aid!" or "At your service, and your family's!"

To be polite, I always kindly respond, "Stay a moment, and have some tea!"
    We shall defeat this pizza and make of it a standard to terrify our foes!

I'm kinda torn between wanting to know some voice actor names and not knowing.. lol

For example, I could listen to Daervunn ask "How can I be of service?" or "What can I do for you?" all day. BUT, I remember back when my daughter used to like the voice of an anime character named Inuyasha and decided to see what the actor looked like. We call him "squirrel boy", if that tells you anything.. ::grins:: It completely ruined it for her, as you can guess.

So, while I'm curious about Daervunn's voice actor, I'd hate to find out his real life image is nothing like the one I imagine.

-Goldrush

There's an old quip that applies to that: He has a face made for radio.

(In case you're wondering, radio is that technology that streamed music before the Internet was invented. )

I wonder if Simon Paisley Day voiced Dolguzigir from: Ghashan-kútot, the Halls of Black Lore.
    The voice is sounds very close. He did voice work for Serious Sam 4.