We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plugin Manager can't see plugins

Hello all,

I created a folder in "My Documents" "LOTRO" called "Plugins" and downloaded BuffBars and those two Turbine API folders and put them in the "Plugins" folder, but when I start my game up and go into Plugins Manager on the character selection screen the plugins don't appear.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Plugin Manager can't see plugins

You named the folder Plugins (note the P must be capitalised)?

If you're using Windows 7, your filepath to the Buffbars.plugin file should be C:\Users\Cory\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins

I have a feeling you either didn't spell out the full "The Lord of the Rings" or you didn't put in a PengorosPlugins folder.

Yeah I'm using Windows 7 and the LOTRO folder was already there spelled out in full, so I only had to create a Plugins folder within it and then add the BuffBars folder.

When I unzipped the BuffBars folder it was called BuffBars-1.2.2 and inside that there's a PengorosPlugins folder along with an xml file......

OK, got it now....I had to lose the BuffBars 1.2.2 folder and just put the contents in the plugins folder.

Feel a bit stupid now!

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    OK, got it now....I had to lose the BuffBars 1.2.2 folder and just put the contents in the plugins folder.
    Yep, that should do it!
    One thing to note is that plugin authors don't have a standard way to wrap their plugins up, but they must always be arranged in the same manner in your plugins folder. The folder directly in the Plugins folder will be the Author name (or something along those lines), and inside of that folder should be a file named "nameofplugin.plugin" along with at least one folder, also usually named after the actual Plugin.

Unfortunately, you'll notice that while most authors tend to actually package their plugins to be extracted into the plugins folder, some will add in an extra folder (such as Buffbars) and some will only give you the plugin folder and the .plugin file, causing you to create the folder that goes in between. Just make sure you keep an eye on how they're packaged if you have any issues with any more!

Thanks for your help....it's appreciated!