We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. The new instrument - pibgorn

Update 5 brought a new instrument called the pibgorn. I was really happy to find a new instrument had been added, but it seems like this one wasn't quite finished when it was released.

* The pibgorn is earsplittingly loud compared to other instruments.

* Held notes in the upper octave don't stay the same pitch, but warble around.

* The scale is all messed up. (Demo here: http://youtu.be/tY4HFf5YHp0) Notes are randomly mapped across 2 octaves, with one note way below all the others.

Here's a map of the scale:

Code:
    key	note played
    ---	-----------
     C,	C 4
    ^C,	C#4
     D,	D 3
    ^D,	D#3
     E,	E 3
     F,	F 3
    ^F,	F#3
     G,	G 3
    ^G,	G#3
     A,	A 2
    ^A,	A#3
     B,	B 3
     C	C 4
    ^C	C#4
     D	D 4
    ^D	D#4
     E	E 4
     F	F 4
    ^F	F#4
     G	G 4
    ^G	G#4
     A	A 3
    ^A	A#3
     B	B 3
     c	C 4 (*)
    ^c	C#4 (*)
     d	D 4 (*)
    ^d	D#4 (*)
     e	E 4 (*)
     f	F 4 (*)
    ^f	F#4 (*)
     g	G 4 (*)
    ^g	G#4 (*)
     a	A 3 (*)
    ^a	A#3 (*)
     b	B 3 (*)
     c'	(no sound)
    (*) These notes are repeated from the previous octave, but have a noticeable grace-note effect on the attack, bending up from a semitone below.

Turbine, if you're reading this, thank you for giving musicians some love, but please fix the pibgorn!

Re: The new instrument - pibgorn

Accordeon on acid!

Thanks for the headsup Astleigh, I hadn't even noticed we got a new toy ...

I'm so going to make a serenade for pibgorn and bagpipe =p
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

That sounds quite a lot like a hurdy-gurdy, actually. *rubs his hands together*

BTW--here's a YouTube video of an actual pibgorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj6YesxUNjo
    Last edited by Siegfriedpf; Dec 13 2011 at 07:41 AM.
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

Haha this is like bagpipes on acid!

Everytime, WB/Turbine deems to "throw us a bone" to the musical community of LotRO, I cringe a little and hear Forrest Gump saying, The LotRO music system "is like a box if chocolates. You never know what you're going to get".

We (the majority anyways) ask for a new instrument, preferably a Violin (viol) or similar sustained String Instrument, and what we get is the obscure and (and as Astleigh has pointed out) poorly implemented "Pibgorn", with split octaves, which, at best, will be difficult to work around, and at worst, and probably in most instance, quite possible not able to workaround to include, due to the "Split" octaves. Low octave Bagpipe style drones on the Pibgorn, also seem to drop out and reappear with out much rhyme or reason.

This instrument is clearly "not ready for Prime-Time".

Can anyone in WB/Turbine tell me if this made ANY appearance on the Test server, and if not, why not?

We asked, when LotRO changed the individual instrument musical "stances" with (I believe it was SoA update for book 13, vol 1...the music system update that also broke Multi-Index ABC file use...for over 8 months, with no information from Turbine, as to when they would fix it), to have the Dev's who handle the Music system come to the Music Forums, engage us in some converstation regarding our desire to see some Musical stances changed back for some instruments, and keep some the new stances for some others....

But above all, we all (collectively) dislike, to the EXTREME, the new Clarinet Blowgun stance that came with that update and how awkward it looked on the shorter races (Hobbit, Dwarf) and made us look like, at any moment, we'd drop into a leg split.

Over 8 months later, with no word from Turbine, we get a "Stealth patch" from Turbine which repairs the Multi-Index files so they can be used again, and also, ....get this......

.....Changes all the individual instrument stances to ....wait for it.......wait for it.... The universally disliked Clarinet Blowgun stance

Something or someone's on acid, but I don't think it's the Pibgorn....

*/smackhead *

You know what would be great?

To have WB/Turbine indentify the developer(s) [finally!], in charge of the LotRO Music System, and have them come to THESE forums and ENGAGE US in some conversations and dialogue, regarding what We, the players and fans of the Music System, would like to see implemented, rather that what they dream up, during a "Kool-Aid Acid Test", to give us.

*/sigh*
    Last edited by Kept; Dec 13 2011 at 12:25 PM.
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Keptwise Wandering[/COLOR] of the Fallohides
    [COLOR=#ffd700]Director of The Eriador Music Society[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#ffd700][B]Elendilmir & Landroval[/B][/COLOR]
    [U][URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/EriadorMusicSociety/index/"][COLOR=#40e0d0]http://s1.zetaboards.com/EriadorMusicSociety/index/[/COLOR][/URL][/U] - [B]The official Home of EMS[/B]

In my opinion the pibgorn is good and bad news ... let me try and elaborate:

Bad news: The scale mapping. Also the sound, it really sounds more like a harmonica or accordeon than a reed instrument.

"Neutral" news: The upper octave bends; could make some pretty authentic sounding phrasings with them I guess, but personally I'd prefer 3 "un-bend" octaves instead. Both are wrong by the way, the real pibgorn has a very limited range, like the bagpipe chanter (an octave give or take a couple).

Good news: It tells us that development on the music system isn't 100% dead, that's awesome!

Now - if only we could get some dialog going with the dev like Kept suggests ... maybe we could even persuade him to tune the clarinet!
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Red face Re: The new instrument - pibgorn

I do agree with Phede, having a new instrument introduced in game gives hope , someone is still working on our beloved music system and for that we must be grateful. Now the problem is that the pibgorn sounds really not very good in game, as Astleigh pointed out, the scale is messed up and. We did try several combinations and tunes last night and the results were frankly disappointing, and when someone said " ....sorry, I need to go and find out where my ear-drum has gone..." we all agree it was time to stop trying.

In real life the pibgorn sound rather nice, very similar to a simple bagpipe, but sadly it is not the same in game. I agree this instrument was probably not quite ready to be used now, it needs a lot of adjustments and I hope it will not take long before these are done .

At least now we have a way to clear the Prancing Pony from undesirable people...just pick up your pibgorn and start playing

Oh dear. That is somewhat complicated.

Nevermind, I wanted it to work so I added a conversion to that somewhat odd scale. Thanks for the investigation, it was very helpful.

Two songs for now,

Leprechauns Reel (line #4)
    and
    The Bishop of Bangor's Jig (line #1 or #4)

it doesn't sound too bad when you get it right, actually.

/Mirar
    http://fefeconv.mirar.org/

Oh my, this is so sad. I saw a post about the instrument on A Casual Stroll To Mordor where some player used the instrument with some unfitting abc-tune. I was there at Ales and Tales on monday and heard it ingame myself. It was clear the instrument was played with the wrong music. Then I tried to find music which would fit the instrument to prove it would be good when played right but stumbled across that scale problem and finally gave up, equally annoyed by the sound of the instrument in game and the wrong notes. Add to that the - maybe - correct volume of the instrument (extremely loud!) which would render it unusable to play in group with other instruments except you have one pibgorn against 10 lutes or something like that.

The result is it's unusable for us players.

The instrument was clearly not fully developed at the time of the release of update 5. And this is so typical with the game. Everytime something new is released some part of it is not fully developed and/or implemented but it gets rushed out. Lately with the Isengard update the crafting items had some generic name like "TBD: Ring of blablabla 1, 2, 3". This is so annoying because it simply doesn't fit into the world of Middle-Earth.

If only one of the managers with the power to decide about such things would read the forums... and showed more passion about polishing the game... It surely would help.
    [URL="http://the-strongfoots.net"]the-strongfoots.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Astleigh View Post
    * The scale is all messed up. (Demo here: http://youtu.be/tY4HFf5YHp0) Notes are randomly mapped across 2 octaves, with one note way below all the others.
    Thank you for posting this so I don't waste time getting rep on my Woodworker to get the recipe.

(My ears, on the other hand, do not thank you... I could not listen through the whole thing).

11. Re: The new instrument - pibgorn

Here's my attempt at a pibgorn tune. I had to move the A note an octave up, due to the weirdness in the scale. It was also challenging to recreate ornamentation since LOTRO ABC doesn't support grace notes. I tried to simulate a "strike" with: [D,/4E,]z3/4.

http://youtu.be/Xtp2TlMAbAg

Code:
    X: 91
    T: Bwrlwm [pibgorn] (0:38)
    C: Trad.
    Z: Astleigh
    Z: source: http://youtu.be/7FiX2FlM49Q
    L: 1/4
    Q: 200
    K: D

| [D,/4E,]z3/4 B, [A/4B,3/2]z5/4 A/ | G, F, E, F,/G,/ |
    | A-A/G,/ F,-F,/E,/ | D,/E,/ F,/G,/ F, E, |

| A-A/G,/ F,-F,/E,/ | D,/E,/ F,/G,/ E, D, |

| A-A/G,/ F,-F,/E,/ | D,/E,/ F,/G,/ F, E, |

| A-A/G,/ F,-F,/E,/ | D,/E,/ F,/G,/ E,2 |

| [D,/4E,/]z/4 F,/ G,/F,/ E,/F,/ G,/F,/ | E,/F,/ G,/A/ B, [A/4B,]z3/4 |
    | D, E, F, (3E,/F,/E,/ | D, A G, F, |

| E,/F,/ G,/F,/ E,/F,/ G,/F,/ | E,/F,/ G,/A/ B, [A/4B,]z3/4 |
    | D, E, F, A | (3G,/A/G,/ (3F,/G,/F,/ E,2 |

| [D,/4E,/]z/4 F,/ G,/F,/ E,/F,/ G,/F,/ | E,/F,/ G,/A/ B, [A/4B,]z3/4 |
    | D, E, F, (3E,/F,/E,/ | D, A G, F, |

| E,/F,/ G,/F,/ E,/F,/ G,/F,/ | E,/F,/ G,/A/ B, [A/4B,]z3/4 |
    | D, E, F, A | (3G,/A/G,/ (3F,/G,/F,/ E,2 |

Bishop of Bangor's Jig on Pibgorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mirarkitty View Post
    Or here, if you want:

Code:
    X:1
    T: The Bishop of Bangor's Jig [pibgorn*] 
    Z: Transcribed by Firefern's ABC sequencer
    L: 1/4
    K: C
    Q: 1/4=156
    +f+ ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C5/2
    [=G,/2=C/2]
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/4
    ^G,/4
    ^A,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    ^G,/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    z/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    ^A/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,
    ^D,/2
    ^D,5/2
    =C/4
    =D/4
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/4
    ^G,/4
    ^A,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    ^G,/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    z/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    ^A/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,
    ^D,/2
    ^D,5/2
    =C/4
    =D/4
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C5/2
    z/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/4
    ^G,/4
    ^A,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    ^G,/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    z/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    ^A/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,
    ^D,/2
    ^D,5/2
    =C/4
    =D/4
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    =G,
    =C/2
    ^A,/2
    ^G,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,5/2
    =G,/4
    ^G,/4
    ^A,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    ^G,/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    =G,/2
    ^D,/2
    z/2
    =F,/2
    =D,/2
    ^A/2
    ^D,/2
    =F,/2
    =G,/2
    =F,
    ^D,/2
    ^D,5/2
    =C/4
    =D/4
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C5/2
    z/2
    ^D/2
    =C/2
    =A/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =G/2
    =F/2
    =D/2
    B,/2
    =C/2
    =D/2
    ^D/2
    =G,/2
    =C/2
    B,/2
    =C3

::after listening to the sample Diamond curls into a fetal ball and whimpers, "It hurts us, it does, Precious! It hurts our earses!" *sob*::
    Diamond of Gladden & Landroval.
    Director of Eriador Music Society of Landroval.

Why, Turbine, WHY?????

We beg for years for a new instrument... and then you give us something even worse than the bagpipes???

*sobs*
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

There's a discussion in the General forum now, too.

My observations (from the General thread)
    Lower the volume and only use it in very specific cases.
    GHMS successfully used 2 (yes, 2!) in our concert Tuesday night. They were used to replace a hurdy gurdy intro to a Loreena McKennitt inspired arrangement of "To Drive the Cold Winter Away". I'd originally planned to use bagpipes, but in our test before the concert it was agreed that the "pig horn" worked well in their place.

I had them at +pp+ and back and to the sides from the rest of the band. The second one was offset by a sixteenth note to give a reverb effect.

Audience reaction was... mixed. Equal numbers of "Ooh.. that's cool" and "OMG! My ears are bleeding!" comments during the tune.

I do think regularizing the octave progression would be helpful for sure.

And it is not a bowed instrument. *sigh*
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfriedpf View Post
    They were used to replace a hurdy gurdy intro to a Loreena McKennitt inspired arrangement of "To Drive the Cold Winter Away". I'd originally planned to use bagpipes, but in our test before the concert it was agreed that the "pig horn" worked well in their place.

I had them at +pp+ and back and to the sides from the rest of the band. The second one was offset by a sixteenth note to give a reverb effect.

Audience reaction was... mixed. Equal numbers of "Ooh.. that's cool" and "OMG! My ears are bleeding!" comments during the tune.
    I was there, and apologies, but I fall in the latter group and will echo Diamond......

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-tinidril View Post
    ::after listening to the sample Diamond curls into a fetal ball and whimpers, "It hurts us, it does, Precious! It hurts our earses!" *sob*::
    /facepalm

As I backed up to preserve my ears, the thought occurred to me to test the range/radius of the *Pig*Horn's (sorry, but to me, awful...) sound.

The other instrument's faded out long before I hit the Bird and baby's fence opposite the GHMS, while the *Pig*Horn, didn't fade out until I was over halfway to the Townhole, even set at +pp+, and that is *not* an exaggeration.

A broken, bugged and untested instrument addition, in my opinion...and it definitely shows....

Broken scale progression, OVERLY LOUD (Sorry, had to shout to be hear over the *Pig*Horn ) and such a harsh sound to me, that Bagpipes are sincerely mild in comparision, and I like using the bagpipes for some tunes, but the Bagpipes even with it's own quirks, can be used, as it isn't so BLOODY LOUD!

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see any fixes for this *monstrosity* anytime in the near future...*sigh*.

Past History with Turbine dealing with fixes to the music system (see my last post in this thread), seem to take many months, without any word of any plans for fixes, or ever being included in patch notes.

The Dev who created this instrument, should be subjected to 16 (straight) hours of solos with a *Pig*Horn in the Pony, then made to listen to a REAL Pibgorn (for at least 4 hours), then be tasked with making the necessary Fixes to this mess, and WB/Turbine should never again make the mistake of *Not Testing Things Like This On The Test Server*.

*/doublefacepalm*
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Keptwise Wandering[/COLOR] of the Fallohides
    [COLOR=#ffd700]Director of The Eriador Music Society[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#ffd700][B]Elendilmir & Landroval[/B][/COLOR]
    [U][URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/EriadorMusicSociety/index/"][COLOR=#40e0d0]http://s1.zetaboards.com/EriadorMusicSociety/index/[/COLOR][/URL][/U] - [B]The official Home of EMS[/B]

I still want to see violins. Or cellos. Or fiddles. Or even a hurdy-gurdy.

A mouth harp wouldn't be bad either.

Where do you acquire the recipe for the new instrument? The crit versions of this instrument are going for 20 gold on Brandywine atm!

19. Re: The new instrument - pibgorn

Quote Originally Posted by Aothriel1965 View Post
    Where do you acquire the recipe for the new instrument? The crit versions of this instrument are going for 20 gold on Brandywine atm!
    I saw a recipe being sold by the Rohirrim Quartermaster, requires friend standing with Theodred's Riders.

AW: The new instrument - pibgorn

What the Hell? WE DONT WANT A "Pibgorn" WE WANT A VIOLIN!

-> btw. the new instrument sounds like a little crying cat

Oh my.

I'd been away from the game for a while all but given up on a new instrument after Rise of Isengard was released, only to come back to check the forums and find.....this.

While initially I'm pleased to see that there was another instrument added at all, the current implementation makes me wonder ### someone must have been thinking to add this to the game in the first place.

There could be potential to use this instrument in my work........if the volume and scales were to be fixed. Forcing musicians to use +ppp+ to work with other instruments is NOT a practical solution (and it still isn't enough).

And with the scales as they are, I'd be forced to alter my usual transcription for the other instruments to work around the pig horn.... which I'm guessing most other musicians aren't about to start doing either.

While in the Theatre in Winter-home, someone dared to play a song on the pibgorn... and did surprisingly well to find a file which fit it's range and octaves just right! However, I noticed that the music did not sound at all like a real pibgorn... that is, it sounded synthesized. Tiriadoc made a comment about that once while we were talking in-game, and I agree.

If this is the future of the music system, using synthesized voices for new instruments, then I will beg the developers not to give us any more instruments, not even (or perhaps especially not) a fiddle/viol... because I do not want to spend hours and hours editing a midi or writing ABC, arranging a song, and testing a song, only to have it sound like... a midi. That is not why we fell in love with the music system in the first place. It's because our instruments were given actual samples from real instruments that they sound so amazing in our performances! We could take an ordinary midi and transform it into something really beautiful.

I will cherish the full richness of my harp,
    the clear ringing of my lute,
    my sweet breathy-voiced flute,
    the strong reedy call of my clarinet,
    the brash tone of my horn,
    the wonderful variety of my drum,
    the resonant depth of my theorbo,
    my surprisingly versatile bagpipes,
    and even my simple clanging cowbell...

you can keep the synthesized instruments on your drawing board. please.

During the after-show for the Eriador Music Society on Elendilmir, some of our friends from the audience played a duet using a pibgorn... so just to document the exact range of this new... instrument... I, and Theudebert, backed up until the dreaded pibgorn stopped.

We found it is a staggering, and solid, 30 meters! Somewhere between 30 and 31 meters it finally faded out of earshot.

By way of contrast, the lute faded out at 15 meters. So, it seems that Keptwise's casual observation of the range of the pibgorn is fairly accurate... TWICE that of other instruments!

Tried with the buggy version and canned it, but with the fix, it's grown a lot on me. Bishop of Bangor's jig sounds fantastic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheling View Post
    ... but with the fix ...
    What fix??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast