We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

EPIC Line Volume III, Book 5 Chapter 4, The prince of Rohan,

Hello,

I've just finished the new epic quest line on my hunter... I'm not sure that I fully understand the selectable reward at the en of the book.

I got to chose between 2 LI Scrolls that I CAN'T use!!! Can someone (someone at Turbine preferably) explain to me the idea behind that kind of discriminating reward.

Can you imagine how excited I am now to run through this "epic" line with my other toon... A Warden, NICE the selectable reward is again USELESS.

At least me those scroll not Bind on acquire but bound to account (I could use them on my lower level mini, rk, burg...)

So now I'm wondering, should I keep it in case Turbine decide that all of a sudden they can be applied to "secondary" LI (Hunter's Sword, Warden's Javelin...)

Maybe there's going to be a LOTRO Store exclusive scroll that can change any scroll into any other kind of scroll.

So, thanks for the 1hr epic book that rewards you with a 6 pieces cosmetic outfit a Fused Deep relic and perhaps a LI Scroll (if your class is compatible)

Cheers!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001df064/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: EPIC Line Volume III, Book 5 Chapter 4, The prince of Rohan,

welcome to the club, I can't do anything with them as a hunter...I feel like turbine became a classist with those rewards..and feel like the book was too short.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Hello Im a Level 75 Hunter with pretty good stats, armour and weapons, yet I can't seem to get past "Daring Strike Mid-Day". I always kill 2 netted Uruks and always seem to get killed before I can kill the 3rd. I've used buffing food, oils, bow chants, poitions etc and can't seem to get past. Can the hunters who got past this instance please share the tactics and strategy you used to get past this instance.

Thanx
    Xytruin the Hunter

I've not tried it this way yet but I've heard of several squishies adopting the tactic of kiting the mobs up and down the road and letting the NPCs kill them. Grimbold is a useful NPC (for a change )
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

That is the next instance. In this instance, you are in close quarters with Netted Uruks and Orc Warriors and you must kill 3 Netted uruks which are protected by the Orc Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Xytruin View Post
    That is the next instance. In this instance, you are in close quarters with Netted Uruks and Orc Warriors and you must kill 3 Netted uruks which are protected by the Orc Warriors.
    There is only one Warrior. As soon as you kill em, you get another one very quickly. Instead of killing him, use crowd crowd like bard's arrow to send him on his way. Rain of Thorns another good choice. Make sure not release a bunch of netted Uruks in the process.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

How do you attack 1 Netted Uruk without releasing others?

If you look around there are a few netted uruks on the edge of the fray not in the middle of the big fracas. Take on these ones and you only get them plus the one add. You should be able to get out of combat between each netted (plus add) this should allow you to recover between fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Catburg View Post
    If you look around there are a few netted uruks on the edge of the fray not in the middle of the big fracas. Take on these ones and you only get them plus the one add. You should be able to get out of combat between each netted (plus add) this should allow you to recover between fights.
    Exactly.

If you are really having issues, release one Uruk. Run way back. Kill em. Eventually the Warrior that you crowd controlled will find you. You have to kill him too. Now you are out of combat. The replacement Warrior can not find you. Heal up. If you really want to - wait all your skills to come off cool down. Go find another netted Uruk on the edge. I never had more than two critter - One Warrior - Netted Uruk.

I suppose if you are real quick. You could kill the Warrior. Release a netted Uruk. Run off with the Uruk following you. The replacement Warrior will not find you. I never bothered attempting this idea.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I managed to get thru the netting part, I can handle 2 with my RK but the next part, well I got my *** handed to me in no time flat. I handle maybe 3 but more than that I am pretty much done for. I used everything thing I could think of, and still in the end I was dead. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get thru this?

Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011c3ee/01006/signature.png]Amella[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rededdi View Post
    I managed to get thru the netting part, I can handle 2 with my RK but the next part, well I got my *** handed to me in no time flat. I handle maybe 3 but more than that I am pretty much done for. I used everything thing I could think of, and still in the end I was dead. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get thru this?

Thanks!
    As soon as you talk to Grimbold take off running down the road ... Grimbold will get all the aggro and kill everything until he tells you it's time to go. At that point you can sneak back close enough to the fray that a few more orcs/dunlendings will come at you. You might get three at a time but it won't be the 6 or 7 you'd have if you stay and try to take on everything. You might have to do this 2 or 3 times before the final orc shows up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000109a6/signature.png]Solideogloria[/charsig]

The LI scrolls you can get from the Defense of Galtrev daily are much more useful anyway, so while it may suck to be offered rewards you can't use, you're being offered inferior rewards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    As soon as you talk to Grimbold take off running down the road ... Grimbold will get all the aggro and kill everything until he tells you it's time to go. At that point you can sneak back close enough to the fray that a few more orcs/dunlendings will come at you. You might get three at a time but it won't be the 6 or 7 you'd have if you stay and try to take on everything. You might have to do this 2 or 3 times before the final orc shows up.
    Thank you so much, will try this today : )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011c3ee/01006/signature.png]Amella[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    This is very sound advice and I've played this instance a similar way. In addition, from a RK point of view, a riffler or writs comes in handy for this type of thing. Being able to stack on the heals between full damage flow gives you just that bit more durability.

Smile Re: EPIC Line Volume III, Book 5 Chapter 4, The prince of Rohan,

Thanks so much for the info, worked perfectly !!!