We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by BerenCamlostEU View Post
    There's always been a fairly decent amount people running around at the low levels; mostly new players trying out the game. In my experience, however, very few of them always level at a decent rate and thus reach the endgame. Some of them fail to reach the level cap altogether and quit.

With that said, I don't really think Withy'll be going away any time soon. I do think that it will have a dry spell for a while, as it has many times in the past, but the server always manages to rebound. By the time it does, I think the endgame community here will look quite a bit different than it has for the past year or so.

I'm not ashamed of leaving the server myself, simply because I was here since the beginning, and stuck it out with my kinship for as long as we possibly could. I think though that the biggest mistake I made was becoming a bit too isolationist, as opposed to trying to help out the server in the same way that Spicy and I both did when the server was still young. I think that Withy can indeed survive..the community just needs to stop being fragmented and work together a bit more for that to happen. So all this arguing on the forums and all the tension it causes, be it both in PvE and in the Ettens, really doesn't help. As cheesy as it sounds, I think people just need to work together, and get past their differences for the better of the entire community here.

That also means stop giving attention to a certain champion and just ignore him until he fades into the obscurity that he deserves.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    [COLOR=#00ff00]The road to success is always under construction.[/COLOR]

2. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Venguard View Post
    No offence, but since in the last couple of days like 5 people from Whity have joined my kin on Snowbourn (Some made new chars, some moved their existing ones), I decided to check out Whity again. I was there for half an hour, and there were 5 people in Global, nobody replied in Global and there was nothing going on. So no, I don't see how Whity has grown "imensely", especially since people keep leaving Whity and joining us. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    How is your kin Hardist? It now has 7 members or did you make yet a new one? yes im being sarcastic but it serves a hidden point in the conversation i hope people can see.
    And really now it was probably morning or something, Withy is not THAT deserted so as to get no reply in global. I mean it may take 5-10 min to get a full skirm PUG raid at 16.00GMT but for no reply at all....i am sorry but i think you are exagerating just for the sake of proving your point which is pretty much...well....exagerating.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000003234c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3]Bla bla bla signature fail bla bla.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

3. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by BerenCamlostEU View Post
    There's always been a fairly decent amount people running around at the low levels; mostly new players trying out the game. In my experience, however, very few of them always level at a decent rate and thus reach the endgame. Some of them fail to reach the level cap altogether and quit.

With that said, I don't really think Withy'll be going away any time soon. I do think that it will have a dry spell for a while, as it has many times in the past, but the server always manages to rebound. By the time it does, I think the endgame community here will look quite a bit different than it has for the past year or so.

I'm not ashamed of leaving the server myself, simply because I was here since the beginning, and stuck it out with my kinship for as long as we possibly could. I think though that the biggest mistake I made was becoming a bit too isolationist, as opposed to trying to help out the server in the same way that Spicy and I both did when the server was still young. I think that Withy can indeed survive..the community just needs to stop being fragmented and work together a bit more for that to happen. So all this arguing on the forums and all the tension it causes, be it both in PvE and in the Ettens, really doesn't help. As cheesy as it sounds, I think people just need to work together, and get past their differences for the better of the entire community here.

That also means stop giving attention to a certain champion and just ignore him until he fades into the obscurity that he deserves.
    Gwarth as saddening as it was to see a whole kin leave (and not any kin) i think it was like a hammer to our heads. It is time to work togheter, not separate.
    So very true, and i think ALL the kins on withy (including my own) have had an isolationist attitude. I havent played MMO's for that long to understand why and its probably in a kin's core to be a bit "selfish", but as recent things have shown working together gives better results.
    I mean one of the first (maybe THE first) Orthanc raid was it seems a mixed effort. The Christmas event was a mixed effort by excellence. Succesfull ettens is again a mixed effort (at that we need to work still).
    And on an ending note. As a recruitment officer i always scour the population online at different times of the day and on level sections. And i can say that besides the part of II that left no more than 15 people transfered (end game i mean) in the last few months. And that is NOT that much. And again besides II they moved because of deficitary PvP.
    So when and if we will solve the withy ettens issue, then we will have solved the server's issue. But unfortunately a bit of the ettens issue is a person....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000003234c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

He doesn't have to prove his point.

About the kin, it's now kind of mostly for ex-Withy players, we are not really advertising except for this forum. Anyways just because we have 7 people in the kin doesn't mean we do not have more who would like to apply. It only means we allowed these people in the kin (we would like to select our players, whom we can trust, whom we know won't cause any problems for the kin, etc.). Your judgement and your so called "hidden point" failed.

He was on Withy at a time when most people are online, not in the morning. Yet again, speculations.

And no i do not write here just to "save" my boyfriend, he does NOT need it. Im only saying what we both experience, what we both see, what other former and still-withy members are saying

AW: Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Landrovas View Post
    Gwarth as saddening as it was to see a whole kin leave (and not any kin) i think it was like a hammer to our heads. It is time to work togheter, not separate.
    So very true, and i think ALL the kins on withy (including my own) have had an isolationist attitude. I havent played MMO's for that long to understand why and its probably in a kin's core to be a bit "selfish", but as recent things have shown working together gives better results.
    I mean one of the first (maybe THE first) Orthanc raid was it seems a mixed effort. The Christmas event was a mixed effort by excellence. Succesfull ettens is again a mixed effort (at that we need to work still).
    And on an ending note. As a recruitment officer i always scour the population online at different times of the day and on level sections. And i can say that besides the part of II that left no more than 15 people transfered (end game i mean) in the last few months. And that is NOT that much. And again besides II they moved because of deficitary PvP.
    So when and if we will solve the withy ettens issue, then we will have solved the server's issue. But unfortunately a bit of the ettens issue is a person....

Everyone leave their Kins and all join 1 Kin... should work out with 1-2 Main chars per person,and the max Member limit of Lotro Kinships... funny idea imo,even if it will never work cause some ppl would never be in a kin with xyz etc etc..

Anyway more OT :

Withy lost quite a few *Endgame and PvP active* Players... New Players coming is always nice,but yet again in times of F2P and such,some only are TP grind chars,or leave again after some time cause they cant catch up to endgame without investing money/lots of Time... so losing those high lvl players surely hurts more then getting a few new ones helps *temporary,how it turns out no one knows yet*

Withys Etten... Oh dear,a Place full of Trouble,and honestly i doubt that without that we all sit together in TS and make something happening it wont change much... But i dont know if thats a solution for Withy,with all the hate going on between players and Kinships... Imo we are too deep into that stuff that it will just get better over time without ppl actually working on it as a group,but thats just my personal view of it..

How is your kin Hardist? It now has 7 members or did you make yet a new one? yes im being sarcastic but it serves a hidden point in the conversation i hope people can see.
    And really now it was probably morning or something, Withy is not THAT deserted so as to get no reply in global. I mean it may take 5-10 min to get a full skirm PUG raid at 16.00GMT but for no reply at all....i am sorry but i think you are exagerating just for the sake of proving your point which is pretty much...well....exagerating.
    As for our kin, we don't randomly invite people we don't know. Only friends and players we have known for a long time can enter into our kin. We play for fun, and no, I only made a serious kin twice, once in Whity and once on Snowbourn. As for all the other kins I have been in, they did not turn out to the as they all promised they would be. Friendly, mature, and so on. But also, why does it matter? It's just personal "attacks" to me, because you I seem to hit it on the spot. Whity is more dead than it ever was. It's not that I like it, but I see it, whenever I go there. And also, a friend of mine whom I speak to very often, a real life friend, is still in Whity, he's there on a daily basis, and he confirms it also. It's too bad, because I always wanted to go back to Whity at some point. Anyway, it seems to you it's a problem if someone has been in more than one kin, good for you, too bad it has nothing to do with this conversation and personally I couldn't care less myself

And I do not need to prove a point, I am just replying as to the things I see them. And who says I went into the server at the same time I posted here? I was there for 30 minutes during "prime time" so to speak, but like I said it was fairly empty.. The only reason I was there, was to chat with my friend a bit. That's mostly the reasons people keep leaving this server btw, because it's so empty, and because it is just a lot less active than most other servers, unfortunately. But it's good that some of those players are coming to Snowbourn and the first thing they do is contact me and Veni, and they all say the same things (I won't reply that here, but you should be able to guess it, you seem good at guessing ^^).
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

Re: AW: Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Sorry for the double post, I did not want to make one big story here but keep things a bit seperated.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    Anyway more OT :

Withy lost quite a few *Endgame and PvP active* Players... New Players coming is always nice,but yet again in times of F2P and such,some only are TP grind chars,or leave again after some time cause they cant catch up to endgame without investing money/lots of Time... so losing those high lvl players surely hurts more then getting a few new ones helps *temporary,how it turns out no one knows yet*
    Yup, just like when having a kin, it sucks to lose one end game player even if you get 10 new players back for it.

So very true, and i think ALL the kins on withy (including my own) have had an isolationist attitude.
    I think this is indeed the main problem on Whity, also from what I hear from other people, that most people are just playing with their kin, maybe also that's why it seems to be so empty all the time. And that is the thing that scares most new players away also eventually, simply because they are looking for more population. And that is why some end gamers leave and transfer their chars, and also why a few are still going to move soon, from what I've heard. I'm just glad I saw it coming and left in time.

As for Snowbourn, I can give you an example everytime I am looking for players to join any instance. I get 20+ tells within seconds. I can pick whomever I like. The only thing that I don't like is, that a lot of times I have to invite players I do not know. And on Whity, I knew most players, and I could make a better choice (if there was a choice). And that is why Whity will always remain a good server, empty or not, it is a very nice community.
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

8. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

@Mr. and Ms. Hardist: so you just advertise your kin in Withywindle? thats a very odd choice.
    Since it seems you both take things very personaly and at a deep level i will refrain from throwing my usual sarcasm in your direction since you clearly cannot take it lightly and it is not my wish to get a lenghty excuse reply at every irony i do. Nor it is my goal to offend you. My goal is to get you to to mind your own bussines and leave us solve our problems without having to worry for two more people scaring players out of Withy (on the top of the one that is king at doing this). So focus more on making your kinship grow on the normal way and not by counting on Withy exiles. And as for the deserted Withy i will personally log into at different hours and count the seconds needed to fill a Moria deed run or a bogus skirm raid. Because i am not good at guessing i an GREAT at knowing. Do not argue with someone you do not fully understand you might underestimate him. Last person to do that was our beloved champion. Your are walking in his steps.

@Cillion: As i said on another thread i think we should make a channel for kinship leaders (minus one of them who has nothing to do there) and discuss. Like a senate or something. It surely cannot hurt. And i think it could be helpfull for kins that are big but maybe lack guidance/contact with other kins.

@Mr. and Ms. Hardist: so you just advertise your kin in Withywindle? thats a very odd choice.
    Since it seems you both take things very personaly and at a deep level i will refrain from throwing my usual sarcasm in your direction since you clearly cannot take it lightly and it is not my wish to get a lenghty excuse reply at every irony i do. Nor it is my goal to offend you. My goal is to get you to to mind your own bussines and leave us solve our problems without having to worry for two more people scaring players out of Withy (on the top of the one that is king at doing this). So focus more on making your kinship grow on the normal way and not by counting on Withy exiles. And as for the deserted Withy i will personally log into at different hours and count the seconds needed to fill a Moria deed run or a bogus skirm raid. Because i am not good at guessing i an GREAT at knowing. Do not argue with someone you do not fully understand you might underestimate him. Last person to do that was our beloved champion. Your are walking in his steps.
    Lol who said we advertise on Withy? That would make no sense, with "here" i meant on the forum xD

About taking things personally - you took it to a personal level which is simply sad (and its champion-troll-like). And we just replied to your "attack".
    Please... its a forum for EVERYONE, in addition we are former Withy players so we have every right to post replies here, especially when you address us
    Maybe its not your goal to offend us, but then why are you still doing it even in THIS post?

We are not scaring people away from Withy either. That person is still not US but a champion troll everyone knows

"Do not argue with someone you do not fully understand you might underestimate him." The pot calling the kettle black.

No, you start talking about our kin, and we just explain so you will understand what it's about, instead of speculating, get your facts straight. I will quote you:

"How is your kin Hardist? It now has 7 members or did you make yet a new one? yes im being sarcastic but it serves a hidden point in the conversation i hope people can see." (btw, like I said we made a serious kin only twice, and only once on Snowbourn. So your sarcasm was uncalled for, and yet another thing you clearly know so well, you really are great at knowing things.)

You start the conversation about our kin, I haven't mentioned it once, only that some players from Whity moved to Snowbourn and joined our kin. To make a point. That Whity is simply dying, and nobody can do anything about it. It's worse than ever, it's worse than when we left it a few months ago. And even though the server still has a high emotional value to both me and Veni, we are still glad that we left it to play somewhere else.

And yes, we do take things personal when it is meant to be personal. And even so, you seem to do the very same thing, so why judge us?

I am minding my own business. I have a character on Whitywindle, and you know I started on that server and it still has a a high emotional value to me, also to Venillious. Also, it's a public forum, if you do not want us to post here, that is too bad for you, and nothing you can do about. It's different if we post on another forum of another server in which we have no affiliation with. But with Whitywindle, we have a lot of history, and we still are active on this server, not by playing per se maybe, but with other things. I do not need to explain this, do I?

Oh, and IF new players are actually reading this topic, and it will scare them away from Whity, it is better than having them go there to realise the server is too unpopulated and too inactive, and THEN leave to join another server, wouldn't you agree? Face facts, Whity is not what it used to be unfortunately, and new players joining will see that for themselfs anyway.

Because i am not good at guessing i an GREAT at knowing. Do not argue with someone you do not fully understand you might underestimate him. Last person to do that was our beloved champion. Your are walking in his steps.
    Really? Comparing us to some chump like that? Hehe, I'm not ever walking even NEAR his footsteps, don't worry. I'm also not arguing, I am just fixing your speculations and I am getting your facts straight. You clearly still do not know the first thing about either me or "Ms. Hardist", as you described her. Her name is Venillious btw, please don't offend her like that by calling her "Ms. Hardist"

11. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Ok you are not scaring them you are kindly giving them advice to leave. Yes it is different and im sorry.
    Since you seem the kind of people who would just reply forever just to have the final word (amusing as it is you take turns at replying) i will give you that satisfaction. The only moment i will ever reply to you two will be when you say something nice about withy and not just come here and say we will die as a server.
    It will be hard since i cannot stand double standards and exageration but i think ill manage to just amuse myself while reading your posts in the subway on my way to college. I might even delete all my posts and make it look like you are talking to yourselves :P that would be evil ))))
    And as far as taking it personaly you mistake my sarcasm for personal attacks. And you clearly didnt get the point why i brought your kin into the discussion....not to attack you, since its not like its your baby but to make a point you are not drinking milk and honey on snowbourn but you struggle like any of us to start things from scratch.

So i dare you to a final reply: tell me WHY you insist on pointing out in any way possible how miser and sad and deserted life on withywindle might be (even if it is NOT like that)? you made not ONE comment that might sound like "oh it is a smaller server but im sure you will get thorugh" or "guyz is there any way we could help?".

Its like you are telling to a sick kid: "Face it dude you are going to die in pain, you might as well stop taking your meds there is no hope" and bail out of his life. Withywindle is sick right now and thats exactly what you are doing.

Tell me why you do this, its the only thing i want to know.

edit:
    You clearly still do not know the first thing about either me or "Ms. Hardist", as you described her. Her name is Venillious btw, please don't offend her like that by calling her "Ms. Hardist"
    You clearly havent seen Mr. and Ms. Smith movie.....i assumed that your future wife would have no problem of being Ms. Hardist (ofc i dont know your real name and i couldnt have used it anyway in a forum.....). But again you assume i want to offend you when i just didnt...
    Last edited by Landrovas; Jan 05 2012 at 07:45 AM.

AW: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

I believe it is time that none of you start retorting. You have all made your case. This server isnt well-equipped, it also isnt dying. Saying anything else is uninformed nonsense. People just have to be a bit better at networking than probably elsewhere. Lastly, some people transferred away that weren´t exactly enriching, so nothing bad there as well.
    Also, can we please finally forget that one guy and not mention him in every 2nd post. He´s apparently been given a working gag order, lets keep it at that.

In any case, the first SW:TOR 30 days are running out soon. I know at least some who claim to be active here again then. Well, in one regards we might consider ourselves lucky: whatever Turbione announces to do with their big January revelation, it should have quite the impact one way or another on our hurting community.
    Last edited by Vandervahn; Jan 05 2012 at 07:48 AM.

I once offered my help once in another topic, and I meant it. I never said I would like to see Whity die, I am only saying the truth, since I can see it. Especially lately with more and more people leaving and contacting us on another server. There are more, who do not contact us ofcourse, I am only talking about the people I know. And ofcourse I know a lot of things from my friend. Whity is dying yes, and with all the efforts taken by you and others lately, it is not helping but I still hope Whity won't die and that someday me and Veni can return

You clearly havent seen Mr. and Ms. Smith movie.....i assumed that your future wife would have no problem of being Ms. Hardist (ofc i dont know your real name and i couldnt have used it anyway in a forum.....). But again you assume i want to offend you when i just didnt...
    She doesn't have a problem with it I was just making a joke, since nobody would want to be "compared" to Hardist, that's why the "insult"

15. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Wonder what revelation is that. Hope they know its make or break for them what they do this year....

There is no need to be a legendary egotistical troll to play on Withywindle nor do you need to be a member of a kinship, but you need to accept the fact that we are all a part of the same community either which way and respect your fellow players.

I am happy, and proud, to have been one of the twelve random people from Withywindle, who not only performed a server first for completing Orthanc last week, we also completed it a second time last night.

Needless to say that we would never extend an invitation or help, to someone who is rude and unfriendly, so I guess as the saying goes:

You've made your bed now lie in it

Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    I am happy, and proud, to have been one of the twelve random people from Withywindle, who not only performed a server first for completing Orthanc last week, we also completed it a second time last night.
    Congrats, I sincerely hope you've done it on Tier 2 though, as Tier 1 is a joke. Tier 2 has a somewhat better challenge ^^

About our bed, yes we made it last week and it is very comfortable, thank you

Ok you are not scaring them you are kindly giving them advice to leave. Yes it is different and im sorry.
    Since you seem the kind of people who would just reply forever just to have the final word (amusing as it is you take turns at replying) i will give you that satisfaction. The only moment i will ever reply to you two will be when you say something nice about withy and not just come here and say we will die as a server.
    It will be hard since i cannot stand double standards and exageration but i think ill manage to just amuse myself while reading your posts in the subway on my way to college. I might even delete all my posts and make it look like you are talking to yourselves :P that would be evil ))))
    And as far as taking it personaly you mistake my sarcasm for personal attacks. And you clearly didnt get the point why i brought your kin into the discussion....not to attack you, since its not like its your baby but to make a point you are not drinking milk and honey on snowbourn but you struggle like any of us to start things from scratch.

So i dare you to a final reply: tell me WHY you insist on pointing out in any way possible how miser and sad and deserted life on withywindle might be (even if it is NOT like that)? you made not ONE comment that might sound like "oh it is a smaller server but im sure you will get thorugh" or "guyz is there any way we could help?".

Its like you are telling to a sick kid: "Face it dude you are going to die in pain, you might as well stop taking your meds there is no hope" and bail out of his life. Withywindle is sick right now and thats exactly what you are doing.

Tell me why you do this, its the only thing i want to know.
    This is getting funnier and funnier. You simply do not actually read our posts totally, it seems. When did i ever said anything bad about Withy? We never said not to go to there either. We only said our experiences, kind of comparison of Withy to SB. And its well known that SB's population is much higher than Withy's. On the other hand you started your reply to Hardist like this: Don't talk about this server since you left it. And? What if we left it? This was no sarcasm on your part.

Unfortunately we are not together right now (meaning not in the same country), not that it's your business, but this is why we "take turns" at replying.

We also said nice stuff about Withy, even in our first replies. Just read back, and read the posts well. (You only concentrated on the "negative" things.) We are very concerned about this server.

We do not mistaking your sarcasm for personal attacks. You still don't understand why we only have 7 members in the kin either. As I said (but you probably passed that sentence) we could have way more players in the kin, but we do not want to invite just anyone.

Can you please point out when have i ever "pointing out in any way possible how miser and sad and deserted life on withywindle might be" ? I'm quite interested in it.

"I might even delete all my posts and make it look like you are talking to yourselves :P that would be evil ))))" - Do it, we don't care about that, but it's quite childish if you ask me.

Maybe you don't like our opinion, but this is a public forum for sharing opinions, helping etc. Just take it like a man.

This is still Mr and MRS!!! Smith And no i do not have any problems with it

Sorry, it didn't allow me to edit my previous post.

Congrats, I sincerely hope you've done it on Tier 2 though, as Tier 1 is a joke. Tier 2 has a somewhat better challenge ^^

About our bed, yes we made it last week and it is very comfortable, thank you
    Was on tier 1 with PUGS which isn't a joke, unless you've tried it and no it wasn't on tier 2 since nobody in the world has done it without the exploit as of yet. Lastly, I wasn't talking about you or your bed

Too bad, Tier 2 would be a real accomplishment, in my eyes. I haven't seen or heard about any bugs in-game, so cannot say anything about it. Tier 1 is not that hard if you ask me, OD was a lot harder on level 65 back in the days. Still, congrats and good job nontheless!

And yeah, I was joking, me and Veni bought our bed last week.. :P

Too bad, Tier 2 would be a real accomplishment, in my eyes. I haven't seen or heard about any bugs in-game, so cannot say anything about it. Tier 1 is not that hard if you ask me, OD was a lot harder on level 65 back in the days. Still, congrats and good job nontheless!

And yeah, I was joking, me and Veni bought our bed last week.. :P
    On T2 you can bug it on purpose and complete the tower in less than 3 minutes, for obvious reason that is A) bannable and B) not accepted as a completed run.

Who ever said we're struggling? We're far from struggling. We just do not invite randoms and we do not care about having a large ### kin where everyone is talking in kinchat and stuff is hard to follow. If you care to know about us and our kin, you can read some more and have some more laughs on your way to school

Some laughs for Landrovas

Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    On T2 you can bug it on purpose and complete the tower in less than 3 minutes, for obvious reason that is A) bannable and B) not accepted as a completed run.
    People who are doing that should be banned indeed. But who said everyone is doing it like that? As far as I know, nobody on our server used any exploits like this. Maybe kins like "C.O.M.E"... :P But we do not have such kins on Snowbourn as far as I know..

People who are doing that should be banned indeed. But who said everyone is doing it like that? As far as I know, nobody on our server used any exploits like this. Maybe kins like "C.O.M.E"... :P But we do not have such kins on Snowbourn as far as I know..
    I couldn't say, but as far as I know...I haven't seen anything about them even completing Draigoch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast