We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

...which is what it was created for. You´re free to *not* participate, it ain´t hard

I'd just like to say...im about to go to work and this thread has made me chuckle. Thanks all!

...yes my post was very informative and a welcome addition to this conversation.

3. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Aint this the reason for forums? fun fun and melodrama :P what else would i do in the subway on my way to college but amuse myself.

And really Hardist you may take things a bit to seriously, ofc u have friends on Withy that is not the point here, your ocasional intrusions and the fact that whomever reads them might actually belive them is the issue.

Imagine this: ChupaChups is a newby to LOTRO and is directed to Withy. He knows nothing of forums and such and so goes on leveling to say....40. He joins a casual kin and discovers the forums and the need for real action. He then reads your multiple posts about how withy cannot offer any action cause of the lack of people and he belives them and transfers even before he gets a chance to experience the server. And he pays money for it....real hard earned cash just like that.
    So what i do now is countering those exact posts and opening the eyes of the potential reader on the realities(good or bad) of our nice server.

And before you start telling us how you love this server and its people go re-read your own post on the aplication forum of some kin on snowy. So i dont have to quote it

Why would pugs be scary? If you know someone cannot do what they are supposed to do you pick someone else, after you've done pugs for a while you know who gets the job done and who doesn't.
    As for raiding kins i think they can be concentrated into three categories atm since II is going down:

DoH
    RoM (and their alliance)
    Polish kins (grouped together as one group), and gz on killing some of the raid bosses btw

There is ofc also another group that works in the shadows but are very effective at what they do. On the topic of pugs though, it's all about knowing the right people and doing your job, if you're a good player chances are you will see much more of the content ingame than if you're an ignorant whatever. Personally i prefer pugs or semipugs since i get to choose who i play with

Quote Originally Posted by Venguard View Post
    True, me and my girl decided to leave because we wanted to Raid. We couldn't do that on Whity unfortunately. We tried many times with our kin but it just wasn't going to happen. People kept leaving for the bigger kins. The reason we did not want to join any of those bigger, raiding kins, is because we did not like some of those players' attitudes. We wanted to join a mature kin with mature players and players that would respect other kinmates.
    I understand exactly where you were standing at in Whity.
    Even all the shizzle among server players would be quite less relevant if we were not so few, but as such anything gets a disporportional impact.
    PUG's are not easy because of low populations on certain classes and make it an hard thing to put raids (skirmish) up.
    Some big kins with all the needed numbers of each class may find it easy to run content "in house" and not understand why pug's are important to the server but the thing is: PUGs are especially important to the small servers like Whity.
    Why? Because they provide the opportunity for more players to experiment and try content and enjoy playing the game in the server. Not everyone is cut off for raids and most will never be able join hard raid kins.
    But still they get the opportunity to enjoy the game more on this server and therefore be less tempted to move out to other servers. And good raid players have to start somewhere

Additionally and as opposed to what has been suggested the IF new tool will not help as much as it should PUG'ing in whity windle because of unballanced number of players per class.. so basically if u are part of a needed class with few players you will be on instances all the time. But if you are on the most popular classes (normally called randoms) then you should be mentaly prepared to wait ... wait... wait... wait and wait again and then praise that when u finanly get a team someone does not refuse it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Landrovas View Post
    Imagine this: ChupaChups is a newby to LOTRO...
    I'm just stating the obvious, I'm still in contact with mane people from Whity and I do talk with them a lot of times since they have alts on Snowy they regularly log on to. So I do know what I am talking about. And things haven't changed all that much as you are claiming they have, however much you will post that it has, they have not. It's a fact, unfortunately. So if ChupaChups decides to leave for another server and pays with his own real hard earned cash, that is his decision, and only he can decide what to do with his own money, now can he? And if he would move, that would, at this point, be a wise decision if he would be like me But you posted you do not know anything about me, so you should maybe stop judging me, since this isn't even about me and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

And before you start telling us how you love this server and its people go re-read your own post on the aplication forum of some kin on snowy. So i dont have to quote it
    You don't have to quote it and I don't have to re-read it, I know what I said. And you don't even know which kins I was talking about so I said I left Whity mainly because the fact I wanted to Raid and that it couldn't be done on Whity, because some of the Raiding kins have immature and arrogant players in it. And that is a fact. And I tried to join one Raiding kin before leaving the server, but they were not recruiting at the time so. It's not like I decided to leave overnight, no it took a few months actually, and I did try.

I am not going to name names about those kins though, since that doesn't help anyone, but I know what I'm talking about. You don't have to look for dirt to throw at me, I can't be bothered by it. And since I still love Whitywindle for that one particular reason I have posted, and whatever I posted somewhere else will not change that fact. I said nowhere that I love everyone playing on Whity. I do love everyone from Kin of the Entshadow, very nice and mature people, it was only too bad we could never get enough people to do some Raids, because people kept joining but also quickly leaving for the bigger kins.

I was just posting why I left this server in my first post and you are defending something that does not have to be defended, it's actually you who are taking things way too serious here I know you won't stop posting here in regards to everything I just posted and I know you won't stop judging me, so I am going to do you this favor and make this my last post here since I do not want to feed you anymore, you seem to love it

I had the privilege, and good fortune, to play with both Hardist and Veni on several occasions while they were on WW.
    They were amongst the few people who would join and play for fun, regardless of what items will drop at the end.

8. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

I will give one last reply to you Hardist since i have bothered myself enough: compare the way the two of us behave while stating the same thing. Both of us claim we love our first server Withy and our first kins (Mine first and only one for ever Legends of the Rohirrim, yours i can guess was Kin of Entshadow followed by a couple of dozen others on various servers). Yet only one of us stayed and actually helped (you can ask anybody if i ever refused to help in any situation).

And my final words to you are: I wish you have a very happy marriage with you wife and a very Merry Winter Holiday.

PS: never call a doctor "forum Troll", doctors never troll

9. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Back at the discussion regarding Withy.

Yes ive seen PUGs on Withy may be a bit different (actually because of our smaller size). At least at end game you have high chances to turn up in a group with someone you know. So its not "Pick me up" per-se more of a "gathering of aquaintances". But still thers a reason why raids like former lvl 65 end game OD or actual Saruman Raid need an established kinship: they are hard and require good gear, good tactics, discipline and more importantly they require raiders to know what they are doing AND what other are doing and how. Do challange RoI raid in a totaly random PUG and you deserve a prize.

And regarding smaller kins that cannot enjoy end game content: it is a problem really and it often clashes with the interests of those kins....Are we a casual kin or are we a raiding kin? often that is a question that makes or breaks a kinship as it becomes more established. There are two solutions for this problem: leveling kins coupled with raiding kins that funnel end gamers to the raid kin and alliances.
    So any smaller kin that cannot rise a full raiding squad but has the desire to raid nevertheless should actively search for alliances and such. At least we at LotR feel that we have to be open to any such proposal and im sure other kins feel like that aswell.
    Ofc thers the third, search for a kin that suits your needs. But this is often not the case since we become fond of the kin we leveled in

And i talk from the perspective of a person that always experienced end game very late due to issues purchasing QP and stuff :P i will probably gather enough TP for full RoI close to the next expansion (but nothing beats doing turtle with 11 level 75s as a treat ))))) )

Yet only one of us stayed and actually helped (you can ask anybody if i ever refused to help in any situation).
    And my final words to you are: I wish you have a very happy marriage with you wife and a very Merry Winter Holiday.
    I'm sorry to say, and i mean no offence, but just because you stayed doesn't give you the right to say others (including Hardist or me) aren't/weren't helping. We also weren't leaders to give more help, but if you're interested you can ask any kin members in Kin of the Entshadow how much we helped (especially Hardist) after we decided to transfer and try out a more populated server /we did not only helped kinnies but also players outside from the kin - reason: to help the WHOLE server/.

We did not leave like you said: "leave the sinking boat but return if it gets salvaged by the crew". Yes we would like to return someday but its not because the server will get better or more populated...

We do keep track of what's happening on Withy since we would like to go back sometime later - you can't even guess how much we do know about it or not. Speculations are never good.

I also don't think Hardist ever started to say anything bad about Withy other than it's low on population which IS correct comparing it to other servers. Altough I can name some other player who DID say very bad things about Withy.

Please don't judge people who you do not know or know just a tiny bit. And last i would like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

@lutemaster: Thank you so much for your kind words

@Cebra Thank you for your kind offer but we have reserved seats to go back to

I'm glad my kinship is not raiding oriented. After reading this it seems to be bad for your bloodpressure .

PUG's are not as bad as some people think. most of the raiding we do comes from joining PUG's since only half of us is interested in raiding. And thanks to other kinships similar to ours and some fantastic individuals who have the courage and expertise to lead a random group these raids often lead to a fun evening.

It's great there are kinships for hardcore gamers who can plan out raiding schedules and do these with kinmembers only. But there is a large playerbase which does not want to (or can not) raid every weekend. Or might feel like doing a raid on a wednesday evening every now and then.
    PUG's are ideal since you don't have a commitment to certain times, lootrules are not in favor of hardcore raiders and when you don't feel like raiding for a long time nobody frowns upon you for it.

For me a kinship is just a group of friends you like to play and chat with whenever you are online. And who stand beside you when you are in need of help. I would not deny any of my friends to group up with others. Playing with as much people as possible can not be a bad thing. And I am happy to see random groups forming up in the global chat often enough.

greeting,
    Kaldegrim

ps: hey Veni and Hard, nice to hear from you guys. hope you are doing well. Would be fun if you returned but please leave the /kiss and /hug commands at snowbourn otherwise I am forced to put you on ignore

AW: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hey pony, where did u take this nice pic??!?
    i only saw a giant eagle in the game once

That is what you see when you complete Orthanc...

Re: AW: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

Here we are, from another angle

Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    Here we are, from another angle
    Well done guys! Did my explanation tips help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Well done guys! Did my explanation tips help ?
    Turns out that the weather stayed nice and sunny most of the time, was rather nice

Quote Originally Posted by lutemaster View Post
    Turns out that the weather stayed nice and sunny most of the time, was rather nice
    It's very nice when that happens isn't it HAHA! Well done guys

Really proud to have been there on my captain, fantastic effort from everyone on the team (and some great outfits). Even the rubbish loot couldn't wipe the smile from my face. Thanks for the opportunity all

Well, someone had to be first...
    I'm glad I was with you all, we were (and hopefuly still are and will be) great team ;-)

@Venguard: didnt you leave Whity already? we got it, you dont like the size of withy, you come and measure us once in a while, you dont like what you see. But since you know whity so good do you even know it has grown imensely in the past few months?
    No offence, but since in the last couple of days like 5 people from Whity have joined my kin on Snowbourn (Some made new chars, some moved their existing ones), I decided to check out Whity again. I was there for half an hour, and there were 5 people in Global, nobody replied in Global and there was nothing going on. So no, I don't see how Whity has grown "imensely", especially since people keep leaving Whity and joining us. Sorry to burst your bubble.

No offence, but since in the last couple of days like 5 people from Whity have joined my kin on Snowbourn (Some made new chars, some moved their existing ones), I decided to check out Whity again. I was there for half an hour, and there were 5 people in Global, nobody replied in Global and there was nothing going on. So no, I don't see how Whity has grown "imensely", especially since people keep leaving Whity and joining us. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Withywindle is slowly growing with new members, having a stroll through Bree-lands or The Shire will make you pleasantly aware of an upswing of low level characters who just recently joined the server.

However, many experienced players are leaving Withywindle for a handful of reasons.

A) They are tired of abusive trolls
    B) They are looking for more active raiding kinships
    C) They are looking for more active PvP communities

So while we are loosing a decent amount of end-game players, we are gaining a fresh stream of new blood.

Keep in mind that most new people will have no idea about globallff (or glff on most servers) since it is not a default communication channel by Turbine.

Yeah, and that's too bad, if you keep losing end-game players. That simply means the server is slowly dying, even the new players will find out about that at some point, and also leave or move to a more crowded server perhaps.

Yeah, and that's too bad, if you keep losing end-game players. That simply means the server is slowly dying, even the new players will find out about that at some point, and also leave or move to a more crowded server perhaps.
    Sadly there are quite a few videos on Youtube from a certain player where he strongly advice other players to stay away from Withywindle because:
    there are only noobs on Withywindle
    but I guess it is for that same reason he is still playing here.

There's always been a fairly decent amount people running around at the low levels; mostly new players trying out the game. In my experience, however, very few of them always level at a decent rate and thus reach the endgame. Some of them fail to reach the level cap altogether and quit.

With that said, I don't really think Withy'll be going away any time soon. I do think that it will have a dry spell for a while, as it has many times in the past, but the server always manages to rebound. By the time it does, I think the endgame community here will look quite a bit different than it has for the past year or so.

I'm not ashamed of leaving the server myself, simply because I was here since the beginning, and stuck it out with my kinship for as long as we possibly could. I think though that the biggest mistake I made was becoming a bit too isolationist, as opposed to trying to help out the server in the same way that Spicy and I both did when the server was still young. I think that Withy can indeed survive..the community just needs to stop being fragmented and work together a bit more for that to happen. So all this arguing on the forums and all the tension it causes, be it both in PvE and in the Ettens, really doesn't help. As cheesy as it sounds, I think people just need to work together, and get past their differences for the better of the entire community here.

That also means stop giving attention to a certain champion and just ignore him until he fades into the obscurity that he deserves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast