We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 91
  1. #1

    General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Considering that much of the general talk takes place in the PvP thread, lets just start an ongoing thread for everything else here:

    In response to the last off topic post continuig from here:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Thread/page34

    Quote Originally Posted by zrinko View Post
    And this really is not QQ topic for such stuff as II breaking apart, only they know and only they care about that issue.
    Just because you choose to treat everyone with disdain based on their choice of kin doesnt make it true for everyone. Wether you "like" II or not (if the kin is even relevant since we are still dealíng with individuals here), fact is Ithilien is one of the most prominent and attitude-shaping kins on Withywindle. That alone makes their fate newsworthy.

    And Pony, as you know yourself, leaders and main officers - Salambial, Camphor, Paolius, Blackenator, Merlo, all left Edhel in summer,
    I think it is pretty clear that Gwarth and me were referring to the incomplete game since RoI. Nevertheless, the break you are hinting at happened months ago, even before migration. I could even give you the exact date as I joined Edhel by chance on the day of the incident - I was a bit confused by what is happening, to say the least.

    But you can't say that you havent lost any member past months, didnt u lost Arvid (which we lost before of that) and then you lost Uldor same time we did lost Arvid, that is all lvl75 people im talking about.
    I was speaking of serious kin members. One of those left us to join the C.O.M.E. less than ten days after he joined us. And the other was was, by his own wish, never a full member.

    * * * *

    On an entirely unrelated note, since there is this new thread about now, I´d like to send a hearty THANK YOU out to those who were and are instrumental in making the game more fun for me and also many others - especially those who ended up "cast out" by the turmoil of RoI.

    Dont worry if you dont understand this cryptic reference folks, because the people I´m adressing know who they are, and they know what I am speaking of
    Last edited by Vandervahn; Dec 09 2011 at 08:06 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    I was reading all of the posts in that previous topic (the one which lead into making this topic) and I wanted to reply also. Thanks for creating this topic.

    I just want to say, I left this server a few months ago for the same reason why others left it, the population. I'm not even going to mention other reasons that were involved, but yes, mainly the population.

    When I entered Snowbourn, I saw a LOT more activity going on. A lot of PUGs doing OD for example, I loved seeing such a big activity. That was my main reason for leaving Whity. Untill this day, I do not regret it. The only thing I miss, is the kin I was in, since everyone in that kin was always very nice, and the leader is a very good guy. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find such kins yet on Snowbourn. They are mostly more serious in organising stuff, and there are the occasional few bad apples. I haven't seen anyone yet who can be compared to Whity's most infamous though

    When I return to Whity every now and then with an alt, I do not see much activity, at all. It's sad, because the community is/was a really great one. Hope to see that back someday, but I highly doubt it.
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107

    AW: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    This isnt meant to be a Flame Post or anything,just some personal stuff i want to say,seeing as some Rumors go around...


    I heard that someone said that Baz ruined II...

    Now,that might be true,i tried to tell people that the way they lead the kin will end with ppl leaving,and i tried a few times to change some stuff,however i stayed there after the one that recruited me left the Kin,Dirtyfool... I played my Burg the whole time solely for the Kin,never wanted anything,i even came back to the Kin,after they made Amiarah leave telling her she is unloyal,her the only Officer that was online for 3 Weeks *well ok no Ghorin was online too* during the time when G was on vacation and the guy that he gave Co Lead decided not play on withy and play on another one,and give a ***** about the Kin leaving us leaderless,and without any possibility to Raid,at the time when OD was still endgame....


    Always they said : There is no Content its all so easy,yet we never did Thorog as a Kin,we never did OD *full clear t2* etc.


    II was an awesome Kin,and i enjoyed beeing there the time i was,however all those small things,and people just going inactive more or less resulted in 4-5 ppl online,and some only logging for Raid,that wasnt what i wanted in a Kin and i left some time Ago....

    I dont know the exact reason as why Narth,Flaini,Orth left and joined DoH,and i doubt they will post anything,however i know that those Ppl where just as unhappy with how II was going lately as i was,and we couldnt change it...


    Now,i know im not really liked on the Server,and i dont really care.... I am mostly saying what i think,and sometimes it sounds rude,and alot dont like it..
    I just wanted to share my view on things,i am sure others have their own
    Last edited by Cillion; Dec 09 2011 at 12:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sammath Gul
    Posts
    75

    Re: AW: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    This isnt meant to be a Flame Post or anything,just some personal stuff i want to say,seeing as some Rumors go around...


    I heard that someone said that Baz ruined II...

    Now,that might be true,i tried to tell people that the way they lead the kin will end with ppl leaving,and i tried a few times to change some stuff,
    Trying to multiquote. Don't know if it'll work . Either way, I find it odd that we've created a thread that'll no doubt focus on my kin, for the time being anyway. Obviously the topic'll change over time, so it's a good initiative either way.

    I'd rather we leave the drama out of the forums, and just keep the issue in the kin, but guess that isn't happening. I'll just try and address your points either way. Don't think anyone said you ruined II. That's the sort of thing you can't really blame any one person for.

    Much of my dissent comes from something that you intentionally tried to do, which I won't say here, because, as I said, don't want to start drama or flames. Either way, you did try to change things. You were the only member that actually TRIED to change things, though, that's the thing. The greatest issue that the kin had was pretty much a reliance on the leadership to organize events. No one ever stepped up to try and do that themselves.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    however i stayed there after the one that recruited me left the Kin,Dirtyfool... I played my Burg the whole time solely for the Kin,never wanted anything,i even came back to the Kin,after they made Amiarah leave telling her she is unloyal,her the only Officer that was online for 3 Weeks *well ok no Ghorin was online too* during the time when G was on vacation and the guy that he gave Co Lead decided not play on withy and play on another one,and give a ***** about the Kin leaving us leaderless,and without any possibility to Raid,at the time when OD was still endgame....
    We pretty much said at the end of June that the way the kin was going was just gonna end up being self destructive. So we all agreed that we'd take a break while i went on vacation. That was pretty much the premise of the whole thing. We didn't have a possibility to raid during the month because I decided that it would be for the best if we didn't. I even discussed this with the kin on TS, and everyone agreed, except Ami. She later admitted it was a good break. You're forgetting to mention that once I came back, we made a massive come back as a kin and started raiding again.

    The whole Ami thing...Yeah, a lot happened. You're painting me as the antagonist there, and the sole one. That isn't entirely true. Stuff happened in officer chat, harsh things were said, and what happened happened. Probably one of the biggest things I regret, but that sort of stuff is bound to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    Always they said : There is no Content its all so easy,yet we never did Thorog as a Kin,we never did OD *full clear t2* etc.
    We just didn't do Gortheron. Got everything else down. But, you have a point here. I'll address this in the next multi quote thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    II was an awesome Kin,and i enjoyed beeing there the time i was,however all those small things,and people just going inactive more or less resulted in 4-5 ppl online,and some only logging for Raid,that wasnt what i wanted in a Kin and i left some time Ago....
    The problem of it all was that people just lost the will to play. That's something everyone knows, and even Flaini accepts that. The only thing we never really wanted to do was Thorog, you have me there, but people just didn't see the value in it. To put it in perspective, I only ever heard three people actually demand we do Thorog. Everyone else was more or less content with skirmish nights and Draigoch.

    But there's a bigger issue here, and this is something I've known for a while now. Small raiding kins always go through these phases. Whenever there is a content drought, which, regardless of what you say, there is, people in every kin lose interest and go inactive. The amount of active players who are on all the time as opposed to logging on for the 3-4 raid nights drops immensely. Large kins can handle that, though, since they've the population to sustain themselves. Small kins, with like 15-20 people, can't handle that, at all.

    On other servers, I've seen great, great kins finish the premiere content, play it for a while, get bored, and go inactive. Those who don't take a break from the game are more or less lost till the next content update, and either go wait, or go join another kin. Sometimes they even make new kins. The small raiding kin either dies, or makes a come back. It's rather easy to make a come back on other servers, seeing as how there's a stable population of endgamers streaming in. Thus, kins like II survive for years and years. Withy's different. That's the main reason that we weren't able to change the kin, or save it. We had no replacements.

    I'd honestly be shocked if you could say that you know a kin that raided several times every week for months during a content drought, like say, after the first two months of Mirkwood, or a month after F2P came out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    I dont know the exact reason as why Narth,Flaini,Orth left and joined DoH,and i doubt they will post anything,however i know that those Ppl where just as unhappy with how II was going lately as i was,and we couldnt change it...
    Yeah basically, the kin was inactive for a couple weeks. We still raided mind you but I had been hacked, and I couldn't play for two weeks as a result. People were literally only on two, three times a week (thus going back to the whole dependency on leadership that I was talking about)They didn't want to wait, basically. I don't blame them for that, they pay for the game, and thus should be able to play it how they like. We couldn't replace em here, and we all knew it, thus the move. They've not decided anything permanent, though, and I know they all share a similar disdain for the server. Whether or not they transfer can only be answered in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    Now,i know im not really liked on the Server,and i dont really care.... I am mostly saying what i think,and sometimes it sounds rude,and alot dont like it..
    That's probably what I respect about you the most.


    Anyway for people too ADD to read through all that kin history, TLDR version:

    People lost the will to play due to a content drought, activity went down besides on raid days, I got hacked, morale blew up, and here we are now.
    Last edited by BerenCamlostEU; Dec 09 2011 at 01:56 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000000088e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    (65 RNK) Herunar
    (65 CMP) Meluimir

  5. #5

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by zrinko View Post
    And Pony, as you know yourself, leaders and main officers - Salambial, Camphor, Paolius, Blackenator, Merlo, all left Edhel in summer, which makes 50%+ of officers left the kinship back when it happend, yet the kinship survived and there you are today, on your rano10, very nice!
    Pony just joined then and Zrinko wasn't any more in Edhel so I'll say it for sake of facts. Camphor, Paolius and Blackenator were not officers when they left, and as far as my memory goes back never were officers in Edhel Annon. That of course doesn't change facts: many people left in that time (more then five mentioned and all five were active players), it was hard time for kin and yet we're still here

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    366

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Yeah, my bad i forgot Pony is newbie in lotro.
    Anyway, i was saying that many people left 1 kinship in that time and since it was part of something i was involved with i just mentioned his kin, since he speaks about getting people on one place for long time. Anyhow i still consider there is no need that people from any kin, specialy II explain what is going on, it's not that i dont care (even i dont really care a bit), it's just not needed, it's not going to affect anyone who is not in that kin or in DOH, so who and why would someone want to know stuff about why someone left kin, only if u are noisy little elf or something. Cmon, they quit, nice for them, bad for leader, he will get more, and new, maybe better, blabla, go on, topic closed.


    And no need for new topic each day, mods will close it if we create them like that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sammath Gul
    Posts
    75

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by zrinko View Post
    Yeah, my bad i forgot Pony is newbie in lotro.
    Anyway, i was saying that many people left 1 kinship in that time and since it was part of something i was involved with i just mentioned his kin, since he speaks about getting people on one place for long time. Anyhow i still consider there is no need that people from any kin, specialy II explain what is going on, it's not that i dont care (even i dont really care a bit), it's just not needed, it's not going to affect anyone who is not in that kin or in DOH, so who and why would someone want to know stuff about why someone left kin, only if u are noisy little elf or something. Cmon, they quit, nice for them, bad for leader, he will get more, and new, maybe better, blabla, go on, topic closed.
    I'd actually tend to agree with you there. There's a first time for everything, heh.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000000088e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    (65 RNK) Herunar
    (65 CMP) Meluimir

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bolina - Atlantic Ocean
    Posts
    78

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Well, I do not like to meddle in matters which do not concern our kinship and our team.
    But I have to show my solidarity with Ithilien Illuminated and their leader Gwarth, and say sorry for not worked out.
    I play this magnificent game since 2007, when I experienced it in the Brandywine US server, well I continued to play.
    Since then jumped from server to server in search of something special, I've been in many kinships, did many raids, never been out of the game over 2 months.
    With time I learned some things in this game, mostly when I need it to pay monthly, but in essence it was that in a kinship there must be unity, will and teamwork.

    About the server withywindle not have enough players, I disagree.
    It is the latest game server, the younger brother of all servers created in Europe, certainly did not expect miracles and an exodus of other servers for this one.
    About the server withywindle have fewer players compared to other servers, I agree.
    Unsurprisingly, a brilliant mind will know this because the server is recent compared with others.
    Well but the preachers of the day of reckoning for the server does not shut up since late 2010. Always spread the spam chat called GlobalLFF these discouraging observations instead of doing something to give life to the server.

    I have to admit that Ithilien Illuminated kinship did their best to enliven the server and with values ​​and principles of LotRO's lore.

    I know some of the story because I opted for a new beginning on this server since day 1 in the kinship "Legends of Eriador", disbanded, where Mega was officer in the begining but then left to join "Avant Gard". After AG disbanded he joined some time to II because had some ex AG friends there. He said goodbye to me when he moved to Laurelin. But I told him what I say to all: - my friend, the Laurelin server dont have hidden miracles, what you need you can find in any server, you just have to meditate, have will and patience, and above all have a good group of loyal friends that you need fight for, and not only get the loot from raids and ettenmors ranks, or you will never be done or feel good in any server.

    After, I joined the kinship "Defenders of the Forgotten Pie", Cookie was leader, many good players, good officers and above all great people.
    I played with Dirtyfoul, we were going together to ettens, it was fun, and there were not many creeps as was used in other servers, it was more tactical, more calculated, but either way we could do what we wanted and even kill all the bosses of The Delving of Fror, I miss him.

    Dirty invited me to II after DotFP disbanded, most players have joined them, but I was already tired of jumping from kinship to kinship, and refused the offer of Dirty, pity because I'd like to follow Cookie and Dirty but something told me it wouldnt work. Dirty was upset with somethink and some time after transfered to other server.

    It seems that most kinships who founded this server, are disappearing with time and that's not good for the server.
    But also those who believe this server will be our home need fight for our realm. Because above all is what matters, be well sussed on the server and not just cry that there are no players on the server.
    Since left the DotFP never had trouble getting players to do the instances, I'm doing the daily raids of the game, with sucess other times with no success like everything in a mmo game, sometimes I go to ettens with the tribe or freep side I have rank, not complaining, I do my crafts without problem and without grumbling about not have the sufficient ressources.

    This server have everything to a kinship be successful.
    Some experienced players may choose to change server, with all our sorrow, but the others veteran players will stay to ensure the continuity of the server and teach inexperienced and f2p players this game, because is another achivement in LotRO and above all fight for our friends and stay close to them.

    Regards,
    Bestone
    Last edited by Spei; Dec 09 2011 at 09:24 PM.
    [CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJaDY1bcXnc#at=139"]The Return of the Dúnadan[/URL]
    Bestone Fearless - Captain - lvl100 - R10
    Greatone Fearless - Champion - lvl100 - R7
    Shadone Fearless- Burglar - lvl100 - R7
    [/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Kinships come and kinships go, that's the way of the MMO. What the players choose to do, now that's another matter. Do they choose to hide inside their kin and only do stuff with the kin or do they try to go outside and find new people? But do not be fooled, you don't need a kin to do stuff, all you need is friends who you enjoy playing with and after that most things seem to sort themselves out... If you don't try, nothing will change, and when you try, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, but you still have fun

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    521

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spei View Post
    Well, I do not like to meddle in matters which do not concern our kinship and our team.
    But I have to show my solidarity with Ithilien Illuminated and their leader Gwarth, and say sorry for not worked out.
    I play this magnificent game since 2007, when I experienced it in the Brandywine US server, well I continued to play.
    Since then jumped from server to server in search of something special, I've been in many kinships, did many raids, never been out of the game over 2 months.
    With time I learned some things in this game, mostly when I need it to pay monthly, but in essence it was that in a kinship there must be unity, will and teamwork.

    About the server withywindle not have enough players, I disagree.
    It is the latest game server, the younger brother of all servers created in Europe, certainly did not expect miracles and an exodus of other servers for this one.
    About the server withywindle have fewer players compared to other servers, I agree.
    Unsurprisingly, a brilliant mind will know this because the server is recent compared with others.
    Well but the preachers of the day of reckoning for the server does not shut up since late 2010. Always spread the spam chat called GlobalLFF these discouraging observations instead of doing something to give life to the server.

    I have to admit that Ithilien Illuminated kinship did their best to enliven the server and with values ​​and principles of LotRO's lore.

    I know some of the story because I opted for a new beginning on this server since day 1 in the kinship "Legends of Eriador", disbanded, where Mega was officer in the begining but then left to join "Avant Gard". After AG disbanded he joined some time to II because had some ex AG friends there. He said goodbye to me when he moved to Laurelin. But I told him what I say to all: - my friend, the Laurelin server dont have hidden miracles, what you need you can find in any server, you just have to meditate, have will and patience, and above all have a good group of loyal friends that you need fight for, and not only get the loot from raids and ettenmors ranks, or you will never be done or feel good in any server.

    After, I joined the kinship "Defenders of the Forgotten Pie", Cookie was leader, many good players, good officers and above all great people.
    I played with Dirtyfoul, we were going together to ettens, it was fun, and there were not many creeps as was used in other servers, it was more tactical, more calculated, but either way we could do what we wanted and even kill all the bosses of The Delving of Fror, I miss him.

    Dirty invited me to II after DotFP disbanded, most players have joined them, but I was already tired of jumping from kinship to kinship, and refused the offer of Dirty, pity because I'd like to follow Cookie and Dirty but something told me it wouldnt work. Dirty was upset with somethink and some time after transfered to other server.

    It seems that most kinships who founded this server, are disappearing with time and that's not good for the server.
    But also those who believe this server will be our home need fight for our realm. Because above all is what matters, be well sussed on the server and not just cry that there are no players on the server.
    Since left the DotFP never had trouble getting players to do the instances, I'm doing the daily raids of the game, with sucess other times with no success like everything in a mmo game, sometimes I go to ettens with the tribe or freep side I have rank, not complaining, I do my crafts without problem and without grumbling about not have the sufficient ressources.

    This server have everything to a kinship be successful.
    Some experienced players may choose to change server, with all our sorrow, but the others veteran players will stay to ensure the continuity of the server and teach inexperienced and f2p players this game, because is another achivement in LotRO and above all fight for our friends and stay close to them.

    Regards,
    Bestone
    He was upset with something, yes. Which I can understand. He was the raidleader and while he tried to explain tactics and do stuff ppl were sitting in glff and not just members but the higher ups. Then they kicked his friend and II started to die.
    Chains of insanity - Doom of GY Reborn - FOTM - WotGE - Fancy Lads
    Retired from LOTRO


  11. #11

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    To give my opinion:

    I think the reason for people leaving Withywindle and kins running inactive is the small population of the server and the people who played on it. Nothing comes alone.

    Withywindle was a new server created when the game went F2P. Maybe it was a mistake of Codemasters (which we were still under then) to add it. The influx of new players in F2P may have been huge. But they didn't come to the new servers. Hence Withywindle never housed a big playerbase.

    Then there are the players on Withywindle who over the time were divised in 3 groups.
    The first being new players who didn't understand the game that well.
    The second being veterands who came over from other servers and had great knowledge.
    The third begin semi-serious players who came here as a first server or came over from another server and managed themself quite good on their own.

    The Veteran group then mostly cluttered together into the raiding kinships. They stuck together and did raids over and over again. Their fault is not having invited enough (I'm not going to say any because I don't know any statistics.) new players in to teach them and hence continue their lineage. When people from those kinships get tired of the server due to the low population, they leave to a bigger server. Leaving the raiding kinships with a hard search for experienced new members due to their lack of will to teach new people. (I remember I requested that this should happen and I recieved an answer from an II member:"You don't expect the grunts to tag along with the Navy Seals, do you?" Well this is exactly what I expected and what should have been done.)

    The newbie group cluttered in massive kinships over hundreds of members. They were largely f2p members who were never going to subscribe. Reaching the late 20's and realising that's how far the f2p train would take them they left the server. This then resulted in the massive kinships collapsing as their playerbase left. Those who did go VIP then shifted to group 1 or 3.

    The third group came together into what I am going to call the 'casual' kinships. These kinships mostly had a consistent playerbase. Their problem is the lack of being able to do the big end-game content. The big raid kinships did not do PUG's or contact these players much to tag along and learn. Hence leaving them with a big gap in their knowledge. (Some of them were lucky and did recieve these chances. Not enough of them to continue the raids in their own kinships though.) Sadly enough these kinships didn't have the playerbase to figure out raids on their own because there weren't enough of the needed players.

    To conclude:
    I am not pinpointing the fault on one person or kinship. There have been lots of reasons why there is a decline on this server.
    Yet there is something I want to say:
    For me the Withywindle server is close to being named a complete failure though there is a chance of turning that around.
    Get everyone involved and the server might flourish again. But that requires efforts from all.

    Hargorin - Caun of Edhel Annon

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sammath Gul
    Posts
    75

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by DiorEluchil View Post
    He was upset with something, yes. Which I can understand. He was the raidleader and while he tried to explain tactics and do stuff ppl were sitting in glff and not just members but the higher ups. Then they kicked his friend and II started to die.
    Are you talking about Dirty? That's hardly the case. Dirty wanted PvP, which he couldn't find here. Thus he moved off Withy, and this was long after the incident with you (which in itself was a total fiasco, but that's for another time). A good one and a half months in fact. And we made a come back after that, started raiding from August onwards and continued that till November. Not sure what you're on about. I find it odd that you find yourself suitable to comment on the matter, not to mention that you give yourself far more credit than what is due..We raided quite successfully after you were gone.

    As a matter of fact, he was pretty happy with our progress, since we were moving on to Ivar quite well. And people were in GLFF on that day you are referring to when we were just started the Balrog, and Dirty hadn't yet even explained the tactics yet.
    Last edited by BerenCamlostEU; Dec 10 2011 at 02:03 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000000088e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    (65 RNK) Herunar
    (65 CMP) Meluimir

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bolina - Atlantic Ocean
    Posts
    78

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Greetings,

    I agreee with you Aisolon with almoste all you said, but I need say some worths about what I disagree.
    I read about solo play and make PUG runs, I have nothing to point to because is a player's choice.
    I read about certain kinships do not PUG runs. Our kinship dont PUG raids, we have rules forbiden PUG raids that undermine teamwork of the kinship due to raid locks, you can see some LotR members casual raiders do PUG, but because they cant play at hours that raids are shedule, anyway majority of our raid members dont PUG and dont need it.
    About kinships that dont PUG dont teach or help f2p or inexperienced playres, is a point of view but I need say somethink about that.
    LotR kinship recruits and teaches the basic tactics of the raids and game to new recruits if they have the willingness to learn. They will lvl quickly and with knowledge despite being f2p. These players feel included, feel appreciated and become players of the server withywindle.
    From what I've seen in our kinship, these VIP or f2p players grow and learn in an organized kinship will not leave and join kinships that finish end-raids. We had cases of players who entered in our kinship with max lvl or getting close and not integrated or did not agree with the our rules and left, but never had a case of players who took the first steps in this kinship and left to other kinships.
    And although sometimes be difficult to complete some end-raids for missing classes or because some f2p players who have no money to spend in the game are still trying to open all the traits and do not have enough TP, and yet the f2p & premiuns raiding players can be part of our community.
    And already it has much to do in kinships full of f2ps that is completely impossible for us to have the responsibility to PUG with players who do not want a kinship, or be part of kinships that do not bother to teach a player. These players have many withywindle kinships to choose and some kinships are prove of dedication and success in this server and they worry about the newcomers to the game.
    I wish Turbine would give to players an opportunity to become Lifer-Vips like I had the chance in 2008 in Codemaster, that would make the lives of many players much easier and there are many players willing to pay for this type of account, I consider myself fortunate to have seized the opportunity when it appeared.
    About withywindle be a failure server I do not agree. If we join to a very populated server, created in 2007 with more than 3 years that withywindle, with hundreds of Lifer-Vips, and yet we will find players saying that the server does not have enough players and that the other server is better or that in WoW they have no problems with players.
    I remember when I was in Laurelin and players complained that players dont raid enufe only because people wanted to do RP instead of raiding but I went to ettenmoors and was so full of players that was almost impossible to play because the lag. And then some kinship leaders created a alliance of kinships for raiding instead of trying to bury the server. And after all was a server with rigid rules and the RP was taken very seriously, and i know because my misntrel was renamed in first day lol.
    We in the Withywindle server have many kinships, many kind of players, many kinds of discussions like in all servers in this game.
    Now you have to see what each player and kinship is doing to grow this server and make it our home.

    Regards,
    Bestone
    [CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJaDY1bcXnc#at=139"]The Return of the Dúnadan[/URL]
    Bestone Fearless - Captain - lvl100 - R10
    Greatone Fearless - Champion - lvl100 - R7
    Shadone Fearless- Burglar - lvl100 - R7
    [/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    I agree with Bestone

    We in DoH never pugs since we believe the group as a kin have more of importance than to help every other kinship or kinless to get stuff or experience.

    Those in DoH who pugs endgame has to leave our community.

    I will also say, dont look backward--look forward. I have lead kinships on Eldar for over three years before I went to this server, and had with me nearly all my former officers and friends, and I must say, the mentality of this server is a bit like Eldar was in the beginning. Competition between kinships, but in a friendly envirorment.

    Its easy to see all the wrongs in a server, and believe it will be better on another one. It wont. Its you as a gamer who can create the envirorment you want to game into.

    I as the leader of DoH and all my officers and members believes in this server. And still we haven't got anyone who has transferred from this server to another server, even for some days ago we got a new member transferred från Evernight and also from Snowbourn. At this moment DoH has over 15 gamers who are from other servers and has found their very last home just here on Withy. And with the PR we are doing on the elder servers we will get more people to transfer to our kinship.

    But I think we must do some events were people can have fun under the same roof, since this is a very small server, compared to the elder ones.

    I propose the leader or event-officers from the kinships, meets and make some fun things "serverwide". We have already discussed this in DoH and have some fun events upcoming, besides our normal raids, if other kinships are interested.
    Plougholas - Leader - Destiny Of Heroes

  15. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Sooooo as far as i understand some dont have the patience and good will to wait for Whity to grow, not to mention HELP withy grow. So they yell "Withy is a failure. Run while you can". The bad part is that the few that actually leave make a big fuss about it and decide to "wash their dirty laundry" just before they do leave, as if it pleasures them somehow to bother others with their strictly personal problems. Ive read things about people that i dont even know, incidents that happened a long time ago that do not interest me (and i suppose 90% as well). Plus internal affairs from II....

    And i have to say this thread is confusing me, to much wall of text and to much info. But as far as i can tell some say II has issues, others say Withy has issues, others say both but only partially :P. So II if you have issues do solve them, if you need help LotR kin is always one mail away (even only with advice).

    @Cillion: Do we care what are your issues with II? its like me posting on a thread things about me and my conflicts with random people only i know of. Its basically 90% personal bussines that only the ones involved can understand. We all others can just read and start gossiping. Maybe you like to be gossiped? And for the record saying what you think is one thing being indiscreet is a different one.

    @Venguard: didnt you leave Whity already? we got it, you dont like the size of withy, you come and measure us once in a while, you dont like what you see. But since you know whity so good do you even know it has grown imensely in the past few months?

    @Zrinko: OMG i am actually agreeing with you O.O (internal affairs of a kin is not of interest to anybody)

    @Gwarth: Do some cleaning in the kin, get rid of unloyal members, ignore rumors and the draught will pass. And do ask for help (at least advice) from the other kins (we all respect you and have always did). A kin so old and solid cannot be affected by a couple of members with foamy mouths ( i mean II is a brand, it can survive even with 8 members until the times are right and thats not the case).

    @Bestone: As usually i do not understand what you mean the first time i read/hear (you know me im a bit on the dummy side:P) but im sure it is wise and i agree with what i do understand: all this panic about withy failing isnt taking in consideration Withy's age. I mean were a very young kin but we came in the point where we can ejoy the game at its fullest. If one kin can i see no reason the server cant go past the young age. What i can tell is that it wasnt easy, we had tense moments, we had to work things out, make plans, sacrifices and yet here we are stronger than ever.

    @Plougholas: Serverwide events will save our server from drama (boredom and grind always leads to drama). So do please mail me (on Landroward - leveling him so will be on him more) with anything i might be of help with.

    So i say ignore this thread since as always it derailed and focus on the nice "Time to help Withy grow" thread and lets put together that lottery (or something...anything)

    Oh and as a little piece of knowledge: usually posts that spill frustration on virtual characters/events happening in virtual life only show the lack of actual real events in the posters real life. In the moment Lotro drama becomes something to suffer about one should try and get a divorce or something to get a taste of REAL drama :P. So let us normal people that play this game to relax from stress do so in a fun enviroment ok?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000003234c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3]Bla bla bla signature fail bla bla.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

  16. #16

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    I agree with Plough (for once ^^), that in times like this, the best thing is to come together as a server, and the best way to do that is server wide events. I know, they take a lot of organising, but if we care about this server as a whole, then we'll put in that effort, and do whatever we can do to restore life to Withy's Lungs

    Borgost/Telrian

  17. #17

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Hi all .
    I agree also i think that it is a good thing to do things togheter ,i,m not saying all kins must work togheter and sertenly not work against eachother.
    But what you see the resent times is that when a little raid in ettens is going on (not even a big one ) other people log creeps fast and kill that freep raid .
    it anoyed me so much (because it was not the first time that that happend) i said also a wrong thing.
    I also wanna see the server grow and see more aktion in the server .
    if some people play on other servers you also know that this server is low on players (133) in globallff last evening during day some times 45 .
    and stil we manage to make eachothers life sour .
    maybe sometimes do more and get to know eachother is better then just thinking who is a player that you not like and never did stuf togheter .
    and get this server up to numbers and make it a nice server to play on.
    i,m in for that also.
    Last edited by Pearljamfix; Dec 11 2011 at 07:52 AM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    202

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljamfix View Post
    Hi all .
    I agree also i think that it is a good thing to do things togheter ,i,m not saying all kins must work togheter and sertenly not work against eachother.
    But what you see the resent times is that when a little raid in ettens is going on (not even a big one ) other people log creeps fast and kill that freep raid .
    it anoyed me so much (because it was not the first time that that happend) i said also a wrong thing.
    I also wanna see the server grow and see more aktion in the server .
    if some people play on other servers you also know that this server is low on players (133) in globallff last evening during day some times 45 .
    and stil we manage to make eachothers life sour .
    maybe sometimes do more and get to know eachother is better then just thinking who is a player that you not like and never did stuf togheter .
    and get this server up to numbers and make it a nice server to play on.
    i,m in for that also.

    As far as people logging to creep to kill a paticular freep raid, its very annoying as it can kill the action most of the time, as does the side switching. People have been asking turbine to reinstate the lock out but this time make it so it works both ways.
    "Have i got time to go make a cup of tea?"
    Phakdush Baka, aka Malaise and Rarulleth
    Formerly of The Gramsfoot Canaries, Withywindle.
    Now Cojones De Mitril, Evernight.

  19. #19

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    I skimmed through this thread, the main focus seems to be on transfers from and to withy for various reasons.

    I've come here for Withy's PvP from a server said to have some of the 'best' PvP. I've seen people leave to the server I come from for the PvP I no longer enjoyed.

    Everyone has a different opinion regarding servers, some prefer big, others prefer small and people will always transfer. Instead of trying to stop them from enjoying the game, we should let them go and focus on those who do belong on our server.

    If you create a welcome enviroment like DoH, LoR and RoM in which your members have fun, then they won't transfer.
    Curuorn, Guardian - Barcode, Warden, leader of Rebirth - Dodar, Reaver - Curuornn, Warleader
    One of the founders of KhaosRogues (R.I.P. Muz, Goor, Lasto), son of Vandalf.
    Withywindle PvMP Videos

  20. #20

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Landrovas View Post
    @Venguard: didnt you leave Whity already? we got it, you dont like the size of withy, you come and measure us once in a while, you dont like what you see. But since you know whity so good do you even know it has grown imensely in the past few months?
    I'm not here to criticize, I just wanted to reply to some things I've been reading about. So yeah, I left the server, does that mean I lose my rights to post on a public forum? Not really..

    You have no clue about how precious the server Whitywindle really is to me, that's why I am always reading about it on the forums and stuff to follow-up.
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

  21. Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    You are right, i do not know how precious it is to you. And neither do you do a good job at showing it....Whitywindlers who have never experienced another server just belive the kind of "Other servers are better" preaching and panic and pay $$$ to transfer only to realise they exchanged one set of issue for another. You say there is more activity cuz people are puggind OD. Thats plain scary, puggind OD. Withy has never been a very PUG oriented server, since most of our end gamers are concentrated in a few very well organised kins. So Hardist if you left Withy cuz u didnt do enough runs maybe you needed to search for a better kin....dunno....u dont seem to do better on snowy either since u just jumped kins until u made your own.
    And if you follow our server from the distance i fear your oppinions cannot be based on any actual fact, and it shows. You took as granted what some said in the forums and now u have the feeling Withy is being sucked away in a black hole. And frankly its not a bit worse than it was, its even better, numbers are slowly growing, ettens is slowly becoming more active, forums are slowly becoming more active, kins are slowly becoming more friendly. I mean were a toddler server what would you want us do? relativistic physics? no were at the age of potty training :P and we did that fast and now were starting to walk even before our age.

    Oh and dont get me wrong, i do not know you at all, you went inactive on withy around when i just hit lvl 60ish so i do not have any issues with you personaly just with the "leave the sinking boat but return if it gets salvaged by the crew" attitude.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000003234c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3]Bla bla bla signature fail bla bla.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

  22. #22

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Landrovas View Post
    Oh and dont get me wrong, i do not know you at all, you went inactive on withy around when i just hit lvl 60ish so i do not have any issues with you personaly just with the "leave the sinking boat but return if it gets salvaged by the crew" attitude.
    True, me and my girl decided to leave because we wanted to Raid. We couldn't do that on Whity unfortunately. We tried many times with our kin but it just wasn't going to happen. People kept leaving for the bigger kins. The reason we did not want to join any of those bigger, raiding kins, is because we did not like some of those players' attitudes. We wanted to join a mature kin with mature players and players that would respect other kinmates. That also has been our problem on Snowbourn unfortunately, issues with immature kinmates. That is why we decided to make our own kin on Snowbourn.

    We always had the intention to come back to Whity though, if it would get "salvaged" or not, but our "move" was never meant to be permanent. And about those OD pugs, you wouldn't believe the difference on Snowbourn in regards to PUGs on Whity. It does not take half an hour to find a healer and/or a tank on global, as it always used to do on Whity. And many of the PUGs were always successfull, also before ROI and before the level cap. We did make the right decision for us personally, to move. And don't get me wrong, again, my intentions aren't to critisize Whity and it's population, I love Whity, I have a lot of history there. The reason it is so precious to me, is because I met my girl on that server, the same girl I am going to move in with together in two days. That is also why I keep following some things on Whity. And my first post in this topic was just to explain why I left this server to begin with. I still love this server and I will always love it, and someday I will be back
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

  23. #23

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Venguard View Post
    ... and someday I will be back
    We'll keep the love seat open for you, don't expect it to be in the front row though ...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000005f6d5/01006/signature.png]Gwaithollien[/charsig]

    Ninith WDN 75 | Gwaithollien CHM 75 | Cebra MIN 75 | Lylyth RK 68

  24. #24

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cebra View Post
    We'll keep the love seat open for you, don't expect it to be in the front row though ...
    Don't worry, I have my friends on Whity
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    366

    Re: General Discussion - The Good, The bad, The Ugly...

    This thread going into melodrama.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload