We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

GMs in the Moors

"This weekend, LOTRO Game Masters will be entering the Ettenmoors on Creep side to help fight for Sauron! Monster players will be able to battle alongside them to help sway the tide of battle while the Free Peoples will be challenged to take on these powerful foes. GMs will be appearing randomly across all servers from Thursday through Sunday."

It looks like we may have a fun weekend with GMs making randon appearances on the Creep side. We are expecting an influx of freeps as soon as one appears so sharpen your arrows, polish your fangs and remember that the only good Freep is a dead Freep we can emote at.

Re: GMs in the Moors

I was just going to post this, haha. Guess I'll have to come play a bit this weekend.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Haha, i will be there too, hope they will choose our server

One last time as a warg... auuuuuuuu (goodbye howling)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000003f9d7/signature.png]Gurakhar[/charsig]

Sounds fun, hopefully the freeps will be uiing scared, ill be there to lend my shield to what ever freep falls upon my blade first(coughs miroe) hopefully ill finallly get him. So see you there brethern and everyone else

If they follow the trend of what's happened on the other servers thusfar, they'll appear as a rank 15 creep with one of the new skins.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Yeah I hopped unto one of my Brandywhine toons last night and they had a R15 Warg with one of the new skins running around. It got boring after 10 minutes and I came back to our server. He/She never communicated with anyone. The GM just ran around with a trail of creeps trying to keep up. And the OOC was a whinefest. I had been hoping for one of the larger bosses to appear and give the freeps an epic battle.

Hmmm, well will log on later on today again to check out whether or not I can find a GM.
    Hope they will choose an even more promissing and intimidating appearance than discribed above.
    [color=red][b]Imladris:[/b][/color] [u]Thalanthas[/u] (Level 75 Elf Rune-Keeper), [u]Nimueth[/u] (Level 46 Elf Warden)

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000de857/signature.png]Thalanthash[/charsig]

I honestly have no idea what Turbine is thinking. Like having a GM come in and own everyone is going to promote an ounce of PvP or keep subscriptions active after next week. It's laughable.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyD View Post
    I honestly have no idea what Turbine is thinking. Like having a GM come in and own everyone is going to promote an ounce of PvP or keep subscriptions active after next week. It's laughable.
    I could not agree more. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I think more thought should have gone into this. It would have been more fun if they made the Rangers and Trolls(if they worked) free to everyone for 48 hours or something like that. NOt sure if that is possible but it would have made for some great game videos.

Aerg, if what I'm hearing is correct then the GMs are also GMs for other Turbine games and were given little warning about this event, and that so far they've only been on for a little bit, don't talk to anyone, get owned, and then log out. Perhaps they'll make it better as the weekend goes on, but..

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    Aerg, if what I'm hearing is correct then the GMs are also GMs for other Turbine games and were given little warning about this event, and that so far they've only been on for a little bit, don't talk to anyone, get owned, and then log out. Perhaps they'll make it better as the weekend goes on, but..
    Maybe they're here to see problems with the moors and formulate ideas on how to fix it. (wishful thinking)
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up Re: GMs in the Moors

Is it any surprise that Turbine staff is terrible at PvP? I mean, they clearly don't spend any time in the moors. If they did, it might not be as broken as it is...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002737b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Meneldor Creeps: Amberlamps, R4 Warleader - Armath, R7 Reaver - Gresh, R8 Warg

A rank 15 BA and Warg GM showed up in the moors tonight for a very short time... it was super lame.
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Jq-iswpY3Ak/UgChbe6AO2I/AAAAAAAAKSc/KumvnfgffW0/w350-h120-no/sig-lotro.jpg[/img]

Yeah, this event was junk. Grats on rank 7, Gilg. (whenever you got it, I don't notice these things >.<)

Talking Re: GMs in the Moors

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgaldoren View Post
    A rank 15 BA and Warg GM showed up in the moors tonight for a very short time... it was super lame.
    Thats funny cause after those two gms came we wiped the 3 or 2 freeps in ec just for them to come back with a whole freep raid to kill them, alas they already left so they picked on us instead(or at least the other creeps) mt kills t odeaths went back up agin to 4.4 got to watch your fellows health bar, but the gms made it worse for us yesterday, they were only there for about 5 mins then they left then freeps came, then we all hid in ta. THE END

In the deep, dark recesses of your mind where things go bump in the night; the dark matter.

be glad you got 2. we got 1 for 10 mins on thursday...BAH!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...R15-Warg-on-BW
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100000e2c6f/signature.png]Skullflayer[/charsig]
    [color=#8B4513]Cruciatus[/color]
    [color=#DC143C]Skullflayer-brandywine -Two Man Organization™[/color]
    [color=#B22222]Rest Easy Nidor 1970-2012[/color]

O: gms will be in the moors agian you say? and they will be playing as freeps you say?...and they will be more poerful then a normal freep you also say? thx turbine this is just what i wanted for christams, t orun into some extra op freep and get nerfed. now all my christmas dreams have come true, who knows mabye there will be a 20k cahmp out ganking us all. but imagine the infamy if i can squeeze out a victory in a 1 on 1. mmmmmmmhhhmmmmmmmmm.

p.s dont underestiamte feeps,(aergollor i mean) im still picking those embers out. but gratz first lm t okill me in a 1 on 1 but you wont get anymore of my smexi renown.(in a 1 on 1 fight i mean)