We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Dear Turbine...

Dear Turbine...

I hope they checking sometimes this trhead and they meybe see Petition ideais ? or something ?

Or we should all send ticket for housing update ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000f8048/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Dear Turbine...

"or something" about covers it
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Everything gets read and reviewed. Remember there are thousands probably ten of thousands of good ideas in the job jar waiting for approvals. The vast majority will not get done especially if they are high resource cost requests like housing.

The largest game in North America WoW provided by Blizzard demonstrates that housing is a non essential feature. Turbine appears to have looked at popular features in Blizzard's offering, adding features to Lotro that WoW has that Lotro does not have. Hence, the long term development project to provide an Instance finder feature instead of improving housing.

One of the issues Lotro has is that it is a small game with limited revenue generation. Turbine does not have the luxury of throwing money at the game like Blizzard does. Obviously Warner Brothers is not interested in investing large sums of money into Lotro. More likely, Warner Brothers is going - we paid over 100 million dollars for Turbine - we are expecting dollars from Turbine.

Note: Since Turbine was a private company, I do not think there is any public information that clearly stated the total cost of the deal. I believe that it was estimated at 160 million dollars. That is a lot of relic removal scrolls from the store. Plus monthly subscription fees.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Dec 06 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

"Fat dumb Turbineses! They hates's our houses!"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001fd173/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    ... high resource cost requests like housing.
    I don't get why housing is a high resource cost feature. Why is it so difficult to add the option of buying more hook slots to the Turbine store? New house types? I mean, they obviously have the time and money to churn out new housing items for every festival and major event, but where am I supposed to put my ever-growing collection of housing #### when I'm not allowed more than 40-ish hooks ever, no matter how rich I get?

I think they're missing out on a big opportunity here. Housing is probably the thing I'd be most willing to spend my money and TP on after expansions and skirmishes, but there's literally nothing to buy but more stuff that you have nowhere to put.

If someone could get them to talk to EQ2 Housing deve.....
    [INDENT][CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000074436/signature.png]Kangaru[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

{Aahz-75 Wa_den- parked}
    Older than dirt and still making mudpies....[/INDENT]

Quote Originally Posted by MannyCalavera View Post
    I don't get why housing is a high resource cost feature. Why is it so difficult to add the option of buying more hook slots to the Turbine store?
    There are 120 base houses. A new hook is 120 hooks, 120 blue boxes for item placement, 120 make sure the item looks good when it is placed, 120 connections to the database server, all the work to put it in the store. Verify that it works for all 400 instances. All of this for a temporary item. Sometime that goes away when you lose your home.
    New house types?
    Where would they put em? Turbine would have to set aside new landscape for a fifth racial community. Buy servers to support all the new instances. Design the houses, Put in the hooks ...
    I mean, they obviously have the time and money to churn out new housing items for every festival and major event, but where am I supposed to put my ever-growing collection of housing #### when I'm not allowed more than 40-ish hooks ever, no matter how rich I get?
    Maybe they could do a housing decoration vault. Similar to the wardrobe or shared storage or regular vault.
    I think they're missing out on a big opportunity here. Housing is probably the thing I'd be most willing to spend my money and TP on after expansions and skirmishes, but there's literally nothing to buy but more stuff that you have nowhere to put.
    The difficulty is there aare not enough Manny types to pay for the costs.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Everything gets read and reviewed. Remember there are thousands probably ten of thousands of good ideas in the job jar waiting for approvals. The vast majority will not get done especially if they are high resource cost requests like housing.

The largest game in North America WoW provided by Blizzard demonstrates that housing is a non essential feature. Turbine appears to have looked at popular features in Blizzard's offering, adding features to Lotro that WoW has that Lotro does not have. Hence, the long term development project to provide an Instance finder feature instead of improving housing.

One of the issues Lotro has is that it is a small game with limited revenue generation. Turbine does not have the luxury of throwing money at the game like Blizzard does. Obviously Warner Brothers is not interested in investing large sums of money into Lotro. More likely, Warner Brothers is going - we paid over 100 million dollars for Turbine - we are expecting dollars from Turbine.

Note: Since Turbine was a private company, I do not think there is any public information that clearly stated the total cost of the deal. I believe that it was estimated at 160 million dollars. That is a lot of relic removal scrolls from the store. Plus monthly subscription fees.

wow had a lot of things going that made it successful such as non-combat pet companions, glowing weapons, flying mounts, 2seater mounts, good mail delivery system & factions

& as i recall, we didnt have the instance finder until another game made that feature available

most players still play for fun & only a handful play for ego, if raids (honour points) & dungeons (item drops) didnt reward majorly awesome gear, no1 would bother doing them after trying them out once or twice, that being said, i would have preferred that they incorporate those awesome gear in their pve game as well instead of giving preferential treatment to pvp players. although after the release of cata, these awesome gears seem to lose their awesomeness since by the time we get them, we've already leveled up to be able to use better gears, this is why i've lost interest in the game, i've tried capping xp but that just made my game stupid since the objective is to level up. when cata came out though, the game changed, it wasnt the same game that my toon grew up in so that further made me lose interest until it felt boring playing wow all together, the adage holds true, dont fix something that isnt broken, endgame is endgame, no matter how many cosmetics or additions the game creates, it's still endgame & players will tire sooner than later, try making the leveling up more interesting & fun with all the awesome gears in endgame, interesting & mystifying lore that is relevant to the overall story line so players won't be in a hurry to get to endgame. the game does start at level 1 & not at the max level

the instance finder is only as great as the community, i just hope that the lotro community doesnt deteriorate into mostly ego maniacs know-it-all elitist who force their kind of fun on other players as a result of the developers pushing the game towards a more pvp type of a game, you can only have that many ego maniacs & wow seems to have cornered that niche in the gaming market
    Last edited by knnindy; Dec 17 2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    wow had a lot of things going that made it successful such as non-combat pet companions, glowing weapons, flying mounts, 2seater mounts, good mail delivery system & factions

& as i recall, we didnt have the instance finder until another game made that feature available

--snip--
    Following that thought, the new Skyrim has multiple housing ownership. Seneschals and weapon racks. Is it all non-essential, perhaps. But when you have a paying subscriber base who has clamored for improvements for this many years running, it behooves your development team to spend a little time considering.

Having experienced the utter fun of EQ2 housing and being able to position things wherever I wanted - put chairs at tables, put little decor froofies on said tables, and watch my pet monkey and cocatrice wander through the rooms and climb on furniture, it's a little sad coming back to Lotro housing.

Which is terrible because I do like my house. I had fun in the beginning, but when I see all the wasted wall space and have to pick and choose what to keep and what to toss because one doesn't have room to store every single thing when something new arrives, it's a little depressing. I even worked my butt off to upgrade to a deluxe house so I could have more space for decorating.

I would pay for housing extras and upgrades - I'm not a hardcore raider type, and PvP can only entertain for so long before it's as boring as running the same raid over and over and over ....you get the idea. Piddling with a house and crafting (which is an utter bore in this game) keep me entertained and interested since I can't go out and just adventure and explore until I reach level cap (I'll save that rant for another day).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000061404/signature.png]Zeedagil[/charsig]

There are 120 base houses. A new hook is 120 hooks, 120 blue boxes for item placement, 120 make sure the item looks good when it is placed, 120 connections to the database server, all the work to put it in the store. Verify that it works for all 400 instances. All of this for a temporary item. Sometime that goes away when you lose your home.Where would they put em? Turbine would have to set aside new landscape for a fifth racial community. Buy servers to support all the new instances. Design the houses, Put in the hooks ...Maybe they could do a housing decoration vault. Similar to the wardrobe or shared storage or regular vault.The difficulty is there aare not enough Manny types to pay for the costs.