We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Draigoch Raid Bugs

Hey guys, don't post on the forums much (as you will see) but, Im on the Imlandris server and not had too many guilds beat the dragon here, so not very many people know what to think. But My Kin has been in Draigoch t2, 2 nights in a row and he bugs out around 1.5 Million (3rd phase obviously). Just wanted to know if anyone had had anything like this? And if so what are some things to look out for? We know there are some known bugs and are watching out for those, but just wanted to hear some feedback.

Re: Draigoch Raid Bugs

I know that pets - either a lm pet or a herald - can cause him to bug out, and sometimes rk rocks as well. I've also heard that's he's bugged when someone in the party went link dead, but we beat him twice with someone in the party having come back from link dead. The only time he's bugged for us, is if we wipe, and then we have to disband and restart completely, because there's no way back down. Also, Captain's reactive rezzes sometimes send the party up top, where they are not able to get back down, so we don't use those.
    [center]Elendilmir - Rimsilval[/center]
    [color=green][center]Arness Hunter; Ashuri, Champ, Rozie LM, Velan Minstrel; Kynra Captain; Ryssa RK;[/color][/center]

I really don't KNOW why Draigoch becomes passive i.e. why his morale bar turns green. There are more rumors than knowledge. Another theory is, that it happens when you execute fellowship maneuvers after the correct first twelve. Green and blue seem be OK, but red and yellow seem to be a problem. I THINK, that yellow maneuvers causing DOTs cause the dragon to bug especially when the have been executed shortly before the dragon changes his phase. I had no problems whenever our raid either ignored maneuvers or pressed only blue. I can't confirm the thing with the pets - or runekeeper stones - but we are not using them either. I "wrong" rezz might also lead to the dragon being unattackable.

So it's: Maneuvers (dangerous), rezz (captain), pets (won't risk that one)

To cut it short: Yes - it happens all the time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000291c43/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Online Gamer Playstyle Survey Creator-Supporter (Quartermaster)
    Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology (ESAK - Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 93.33%, Killer 0.00%, Socializer 53.33%)
    MMORPG Guild Personality Test Colorful-Disciplined (Clean-Raunchy: 40, Relaxed-Hardcore: 41)

We done this raid many times without any bug and also with a lot of cappy rezz in the beginnings. What we don't do is more than the 12 needed conjunctions (waisted time, you need to do as much dps in the short time he is down as you can), no rk stone, no pets and no forced aggro (like challenge from the guardian).

I don't think anyone, including Turbine, really knows what causes it to bug out.

I can't remember the last time we had it bug out, and we have used in and out of combat captain rezzes, regularly use RK rocks at the head (out of line of sight), tried both successfully and unsuccessfully for 3rd cjs when the dragon falls down, have used all burg cj triggers...none of it apparently causing Draigoch to bug. Early on we tried extra CJs after the 12, though we don't now...The only thing we avoid is LM pets and RK rocks at the feet..no proof either really causes problems but early on we did have him aggro on an LM pet at least once.
    [COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Arial Black]A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress![/FONT][/COLOR]

i have never had him bug out and i belive that part of the reason is that we dispand and reset the instance every time we fail. although you need to do the hardest part everytime :P the maze doesnt take that much time.

Quote Originally Posted by revoked View Post
    I don't think anyone, including Turbine, really knows what causes it to bug out.
    And I see zero evidence Turbine are trying to.

If you read the beta 2 patch notes for update 5, you will see that some changes have been made that are supposed to make Draigoch less likely to bug out...which means they are trying to solve it, but they are still not sure they have it 100% solved.
    [COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Arial Black]A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress![/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy_Eldar View Post
    Turbine is working on it. We will get some fixes in Update 5. The Draigoch raid includes a lot of brand new tech for the instance script. Not only does Turbine have to deal with script errors. Turbine has to deal with errors in the underlying engine code on the servers and in the client.

This instance is fairly old at this point. It was supposed to be out first quarter of 2011. Having been delayed this long due to "polish" issues, tells all of us that Turbine is having difficulty getting the instance to work correctly. It is probably going to take them a long time to get it fully operational. Fixes will go in Update 5. Turbine will watch the live operation. Apply more fixes in Update 6. It may take them a year to get it a sweet spot.

We are all hoping Update 5 will improve the situation enough that the instance will not be so frustrating for players. If they can get the failure rate to under 1%, that would be nice.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy_Eldar View Post
    Not surprising, since most software companies don't feel a need to give minute by minute updates on such mundane & difficult things like supposed "progress" on debugging huge programs to anyone who cares.

Much thanks for all the input. Didn't think much about doing the extra Fms, we were just getting the 12 in, and doing the 12th fm after we got all 12 done. But it looks like mostly to me we are just having "bad luck"lol The cappy reactive rez is a new one too, thanks for that. Im also wondering if we just bugged it till it resets cus its doing the exact same thing and the 2nd time we had no wipes and one rez in 3rd phase. I think I will just wait till he resets before sending my Kin back in there.

Again thanks a ton!

Just bugged at 900k, thanks for the waste of time and no update on fix.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

And it bugged again the 2nd time around. Along with that, horrible customer service.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

I had a problem the other day with being rezzed - I couldn't get accept the rez from either a captain or mini - it was showing as "leaving" the others but it never arrived to me? so i had to wait at the top (unless there is another way down I don't know about)...

not fun.

We use RK stones all the time to soak up the distributed damage and have never had him bug out.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

The problem with the captain reactive rez is an old one. If you hit it when the captain is in the air you get send to the start of the instance. Unfortunately the legs bounce the group around a lot. Perhaps wait to accept it when the bouncing isnt happening (can't remember if it occurs during the fly-ups I'll have to pay attention next time).
    "Argle-bargle morble whoosh?"

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000099a14/01003/signature.png]Yvain[/charsig]

Activating another

Here's another one from the past