We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for Kinship

Hello.

I'm 34yo from Southern Illinois (Central Standard Time). I work full time (nights) and have a wife and 4 month old daughter that all keep me pretty busy. I used to be a hard core player but now I find that my new lifestyle has slowed me down considerably. I still find time to play though, mostly on the weekends. Also I managed to get my wife into LOTRO as well but she has even less time than I do unfortunately, being a breastfeeding mother is a pretty demanding job.

I should point out also that I am a serious Alt-o-holic but mostly just for crafting purposes. Lonallion is my Main he is currently a lvl 28 Hunter/Adventurer. I use him to advance through the content, quests, skirms etc. and he uses hides to make his own armor while sending wood to Barstaw the Woodworker, metal to Gonthan the Weaponsmith and Dubing the Armorsmith. These are my characters. My wife, having less time than I, plays only one toon. Feben is her Guardian/Jeweler, although she would rather be playing her hunter Draegora.

I am definitly looking forward to some end-game content and I will get there. But I just don't want to have to do it at the expense of not enjoying the journey along the way, missing out on some great low lvl content, and giving up that proud feeling of self accomplishment that one gets when he shows up sporting his well crafted gear with his own brand name on it. You serious crafters can certainly appreciate that last sentiment.

So I'm looking for a group of people who are laid-back and friendly who just want to have a good time, make some new friends and are willing to help each other out as much as possible. No pressure, no drama pls. This is my wifes first experience in an MMO and it is my hope that it will be a pleasant one for her.

So if there is any kins out there that share a simular view I would be very interested in talking to you. You can reply here or you can try to contact Lonallion in game.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Your Brother-in-Arms
    Lonallion

Re: Looking for Kinship

I am new to the Council of Elders, but they are a great bunch! Older players who are very helpful. I am not foreseeing any drama there ever.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000825e1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Council of Elders will welcome you! I will be on tonight 6-11:30 EST. Send in game /tell to Paladiran or Leafcutter! I will also tell you! Sounds like we have what you want!
    Paladiran 100 Hunter, r10; Leeafe 100 Lore-master, r1, Agrro 100 Minstrel, r5, Gaarrd 100 Guardian, Valann 100 Captain, Elvwing 100 Rune-keeper, Sneakky 100 Burglar, Chaamp 100 Champion. Shifta 100 Beorning, Heeals 83 Minstrel (Crickhollow)

I want to thank you gentlemen for your replies. I must say that Council of Elders sounds appealing to me and I look forward to talking to you in game. Untill then, good hunting.

Your Brother-in-Arms,
    Lonallion

I had looked at Council of Elders myself, but it looked like a kin for folks over 50 in RL.

Has that changed?

Greetings!

We appreciate your interest in joining our small but tight-knit kin. I suggest looking up Paladiran in-game and send him a tell or mail expressing your interest in joining. He is mostly onine daily from 6 pm (est) onwards. Or you can look me up. I am mostly on in the afternoons and evenings (again, est) but may be playing on one of my alts. You can also try contacting Lencthalvorn/Ringdar as he operates on pst and may be online earlier, or later, than most of us. One of our more senior and formerly very active officer (Aon) is on short sabbatical as he is still recuperating from an unfortunate accident. He will be returning soon (he may even be already online and active again as I write this).

As to the question if we are only recruiting 50+ aged members, I believe Paladiran has already clarified that in a follow-up post in our kinship recruitment thread. Currently age range of members are from late 20's to early 50's. As Paladiran mentioned in the above-mentioned follow-up post, we are not really particular about actual age. We care more about your outlook and attitude towards the game and players. We view the game as relaxation, something fun to do. We realize that gamers come in all forms, from all backgrounds, with different play styles, opinions and goals. Given that, respect, understanding and a good sense of humor are fundamentals we value and nurture. If you can accept these, then you're more than fit and welcome to join us.

As mentioned, our members have varied interests in-game. We play the end-game as well as low-mid level content. Most, if not all of us have alts in different stages of the game. When in a kin fellowship we may not be the best players in LoTRO but we hold our own, finish what we have to do, and more importantly, have lots of laughs doing it. Also, most of the core members are very self-sufficient but will go out of their way to help out if you give but a hint of what you need or want.

Again I enjoin you to look us up in-game. Good hunting and happy gaming!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000815cb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thank you Synthalion! Well said, and well met! LOTRO-Chris, what is your in game name? I will send you a tell tonight around 6 pm EST.
    Paladiran 100 Hunter, r10; Leeafe 100 Lore-master, r1, Agrro 100 Minstrel, r5, Gaarrd 100 Guardian, Valann 100 Captain, Elvwing 100 Rune-keeper, Sneakky 100 Burglar, Chaamp 100 Champion. Shifta 100 Beorning, Heeals 83 Minstrel (Crickhollow)

lotRO-Chris, your character Keldiron, is on the Arkenstone server? Our kin is Council of Elders / Imladris! The reason we specifically indicate the Imladris server is because there is another Council of Elders on another server. They have been around much longer than us, and had we known, we would have chosen a different name. So, if you decide to change servers, contact us as indicated below!