We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

PvP Renown/Infamy tracker

I think one nice thing to add would be a Renown/Infamy tracker that's separate from the war tab. The idea would be similar to what you can do with legendary weapons. With LI's, you can click a button to track XP for any or all of your weapons and then, instead of pulling up your LI panel to check, there is a handy little bar on your screen showing where you're at.

I think having an option to have a renown/infamy tracker on your screen instead of just looking up the war tab every time would be a nice addition.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

Re: PvP Renown/Infamy tracker

Remember, however, that PvMP is a sideline, indulged in by very few of the player base*. I don't know whether more players actually go in for PvMP than go in for ... fishing, let's say. But they know at Turbine and I assume they know at WB, who are not likely to fund additional programmer-hours to fund a sideline.

_____
    *Which is why we keep seeing these plaintive posts, "The Moors are empty!"
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...9-PvMPLog.html

It's not exactly a bar, but it's great for how much you make each session. Not sure there is an equivalent total renown/infamy plugin.
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]R6 Guardian Gaviloc[/B], R4 Lore-master Gavilas
    Officer of [B]Way of the Valiant[/B][/COLOR][HR][/HR][COLOR=#FF0000][B]R7 Stalker Shakavag[/B], R7 Defiler Ratvag, R6 Warleader Grizvag
    Officer of [B]Cohorts of the Red Legion[/B][/COLOR] [RIGHT]R.I.P. Nidor of Brandywine (1970-2012)
    [/RIGHT]

I realize Turbine has historically cared less and less about PvP, but it's gotta be due for a revamp one year. Maybe. And yes, I know the moors are empty. It's gotten even worse and the majority of my server's high rank creeps transfered off.
    But, decreasing activity (likely due to a lack of significant change in 4+ years of the same old pvp) is an issue, but separate.

And now that Turbine is making money hand over fist on PvP (Creeps buying skills anyone?) they should invest a few more dollars in making it prone to more excitement again. Yes, I realize my prior statement is based on no real data, however I have seen more lowbie ranked BA's with the R13 Revenge skill than I dare count.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Remember, however, that PvMP is a sideline, indulged in by very few of the player base*. I don't know whether more players actually go in for PvMP than go in for ... fishing, let's say. But they know at Turbine and I assume they know at WB, who are not likely to fund additional programmer-hours to fund a sideline.

_____
    *Which is why we keep seeing these plaintive posts, "The Moors are empty!"
    If you played during Mirkwood I feel bad for you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc44/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryssadis View Post
    And now that Turbine is making money hand over fist on PvP....
    Are they? Remember, neither you nor I have seen Turbine's balance sheet. But the guys at WB undoubtedly have, and they're going to make decisions on what *they* think will make *them* money.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Are they? Remember, neither you nor I have seen Turbine's balance sheet. But the guys at WB undoubtedly have, and they're going to make decisions on what *they* think will make *them* money.

And this is what people do not realize. We can only guess if PvP is a money maker or not but the people at Turbine know who goes to the Moors and when. And more important, only they know the profit vs. expense margin. And I bet they have to let the folks at WB know too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Ryssadis View Post
    I think one nice thing to add would be a Renown/Infamy tracker that's separate from the war tab. The idea would be similar to what you can do with legendary weapons. With LI's, you can click a button to track XP for any or all of your weapons and then, instead of pulling up your LI panel to check, there is a handy little bar on your screen showing where you're at.

I think having an option to have a renown/infamy tracker on your screen instead of just looking up the war tab every time would be a nice addition.
    I have never pvp'ed but I can totally see how this would be convenient.

/signed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

apparently some of you missed my qualifying statement:
    "And now that Turbine is making money hand over fist on PvP (Creeps buying skills anyone?) they should invest a few more dollars in making it prone to more excitement again. Yes, I realize my prior statement is based on no real data, however I have seen more lowbie ranked BA's with the R13 Revenge skill than I dare count."

Just sayin there are A LOT of low (R1-6) creeps running around with top tier skillz. They're making money in a sector they haven't made money in before. How much, well, who knows if I over or understated the amount, but that's not the point.

I think they can afford to spend at least a little more time in the moors rather than ... you know.. that tree with the bird and revising the creep login interface (looks nice btw )
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)

maybe it'll come in that "new area" promised with RoI that we'll never see probably, you know the one they then said would come in the next big update oh wait, that isn't happening either...It has just 'disappeared' from any mention.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

I had a similar thought as the OP, but figured rather than make something detachable, just make the xp bar for creeps function as the renown bar. It is already there in the UI, why not code it in? Makes sense, seeing as how ranking creeps = leveling freeps.

Though like many have suggested, I'm not holding my breath for any major changes to the PvP side.

But we can dream dang it! We can dream.
    [IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img571/9558/w677.jpg[/IMG]
    The Ecsploits of Ec - [url]https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?426922-The-Ecsploits-of-Ec&highlight=The+Ecsploits+of+Ec[/url]